What I'm living for.

Different Worlds
"Oh hell no."
 
"What ?! You look lovely !" Mom said.
 
"Seriously ? I look like a unicorn puked on me !" I said turning around, looking at this cotton candy dress. Yes, I gave up and decided to go to this freakin date just to make mom and Jaebum shut up.
 
"Can't I just dress like I do all the time ?" I said.
 
"Those sneakers, shirts, sweaters and jeans ? Certainly not. Not to go in a date with a bank CEO's son." Jaebum said. And since WHEN does he know a thing about dates ?!
 
"Fine. I'll wear it. Just let me sleep at Naeun's house." I said.
 
"Honey you know you shouldn't sleep out of the house when you have school the next day, you-"
 
"Then that's too bad. Ah, to think that he was a CEO-to-be. That's sad." I cut her off. Heh.
 
"Okay, okay. Fine. Just go to this date." She said.
 
"Alright !" I said. I took my clothes and my backpack, bid mom and Jaebum goodbye and went straight to Naeun's house.
 
"Hey, why are you dressed like Cinderella ?" She said opening the door.
 
"Don't even tell me about it." I said and went to her room, throwing my bag on her bed.
 
"Can you lend me something ? I have a date, I can't go there like that." I said.
 
"Ouuuuuh, a date ? With who ?" She said walking to her closet.
 
"A guy mom wants to hook me up with. The son of a bank's CEO." I said.
 
"No way !" She said looking through her closet.
 
"Yes way. I'm not gonna date this guy." I said taking of the cotton candy horror.
 
"Why not ? He's rich." She said throwing me a beautiful peach dress.
 
"That's perfect, thanks. Umm yeah so, you know it's not all about money." I said struggling to put it on.
 
"Well in our case, it kinda is." She said sitting on her bed.
 
"That's why you took back Sungwoo after he cheated on you more than 10 times ?" I said.
 
"No, that's completely different ! I believe we were meant to be." She said. Tsk.
 
"Hey, you look good ! I just realized it's the second time in my life I saw you wearing a dress." Naeun said smiling.
 
"Really ?" I said fixing the dress. Meh. It's true I look good...
 
"Was there even a first time ?" I said.
 
"Yup, at the prom last year." She said.
 
"Oh, worst day of my life." I said.
 
"Don't tell me about it. Oh, wait !" She said and ran out of the room. She came back 5 minutes later with a beautiful pearl necklace that she attached around my neck.
 
"Oh my God Naeun, that's beautiful ! Where'd you get that from ?" I said.
 
"It's my grandma's gift to my mom." She said. I smiled and hugged her. I love my little squirrel.
 
"Okay now shoo ! Time to go !" She said breaking the hug.
 
"Oh can I borrow  your laptop a couple minutes ? Jongin gave me his chatroom ID and I should write something to him." I said.
 
"Well I'm going to take a shower, close the door behind you." She said walking to the bathroom. I her computer and logged into the chatroom to discover 4 new messages from what looked like Jongin's ID, Kkamjong00. 
 
Kkamjong00 : Hey Nari! It's Jongin :)
Kkamjong00 : Are you sleeping?
Kkamjong00 : Why aren't you replying ㅜㅜ
Kkamjong00 : Let me know if you're alive.
 
Awww, he wrote all day !
 
DancerNariKim12 : Hey Jongin! Sorry for replying late but we have internet issues at home!
 
He replied as fast as light. Gosh.
 
Kkamjong00 : Finally!!! No problem :)
DancerNariKim12 : So how was your day ?
Kkamjong00 : I was pretty tired when I arrived home but I'll be okay. What about you? 
DancerNariKim12 : I'm at Naeun, my best friend's house.
Kkamjong00 : Is she pretty?
DancerNariKim12 : You're such a flirt!! Yup, she's dazzling. Just wait until you'll meet her.
Kkamjong00 : Can't wait ;)
DancerNariKim12 : What are you doing?
 
I noticed he was taking a lot of time to reply so I just rushed to the restaurant where I was supposed to meet this idiot not to be late. And so I rushed there. Wow, the grand Hyatt's no joke. For real.
 
NAEUN's POV
 
I was getting dressed in my room when I heard a 'pop' sound. Oh, Nari left her chatroom open.
 
Kkamjong00 : Sorry for taking so long, I was out for a while.. I'm studying and you?
 
Seems like he doesn't know she's out.
 
DancerNariKim12 : Hello, this is Naeun, Nari's friend, she's out for a date right now, she'll get back at you once she'll be done.
 
Kkamjong00 : Ah, yes... I'll wait...
 
Oh and he's called 'Kkamjong' just like my dear Kai...
 
JONGIN's POV
 
A date ? She went to a date ? With who ? That's weird, she told me she never goes to dates. Hm....
 
NARI's POV
 
"You look beautiful."
 
"Hyunbin, you've said it 100 times. Enough." I said rolling my eyes.
 
"Is it my fault ? You're dazzling." He said with the most cheeky smile ever. Oh God kill me now...
 
"Let's order !" He said. I took the menu. Dang it ! Everything's over 200$ ! But it seems so good...
 
"Waiter !" He said. The waiter came to us.
 
"Yes, Mr. Jang ?" He said. I can't believe even the Grand Hyatt staff knows this jerk.
 
"A bottle of rosé." He said.
 
"Hyunbin, I don't drink." I said.
 
"You will. Tonight." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. 
 
"I'll take the boeuf bourgignon, what about you darling ?" He said. DA-What ?
 
"I'll have a T-bone steak with a Caesar salad." I said giving him the menu. He took the two menus away along with our orders.
 
"So. Tell me more about you." He said resting his chin on his fists. I raised an eyebrow.
 
"What do you want me to tell you ?" I said.
 
"I don't know, anything. I barely talk with you at school." He said.
 
"Only because you don't want people to see you talk to me." I said with an ironic smile. He lowered his head.
 
"I know, I... I acted senselessly and stupidly. From now on I'll go everywhere with you and I'll even brag about you, I promise." He said.
 
"What ? Do you think we're going to date ?" I said.
 
"Of course we are, the we're going to get married." He said with a smile. I scoffed.
 
"Listen Hyunbin, I..."
 
"Nari ?" Someone cut me off. I looked up and saw Sehun standing in front of me.
 
SEHUN's POV
 
Aiish, this girl. I waited for her ! Why didn't she come ? It's not like if I was going to her... 
 
"Let's go honey, I'm tired." Joanna said. I stood up. We were about to walk out of the Grand Hyatt when... this can't be... Nari ? Who's this guy ? I took a deep breath and walked to them.
 
"Nari ?" I said. Her eyes widened.
 
"Sehun ?" She said.
 
NARI's POV
 
"What are you doing here ?" I said.
 
"It's funny I was going to ask you the same thing." He said.
 
"First, Sehun, this is Hyunbin. Hyunbin, this is Sehun." I said.
 
"Oi, you're an idol right ?" Hyunbin said giving him a handshake.
 
"Yeah an idol... Anyway, why didn't you come ? I was waiting." He said crossing his arms.
 
"I... was kinda busy." I said. Just then, Joanna joined us.
 
"Kim-poo ? What are you doing here with... Oh. Hey Oppa." She said waving her hair. Tsk.
 
"Joanna ? Aiish..." Hyunbin said becoming uneasy. WHAT THE ?!
 
"I see you're doing well... But, are you guys dating ? Hahahahaha, wow. Daebak. You never made good choices when it came to your girlfriends ever since you left me but now... I see you've reached the last level." She said smirking.
 
"U-us ? No, we're not dating ! She j-just spotted me outside and clung onto me, I-I couldn't refuse." He said with a smile. My jaw dropped. I was bewildered. Joanna raised an eyebrow as Sehun, on his side, was just smirking. I stood up, took my glass of wine and threw the content at his face.
 
"You son of a ." I said before running out of the restaurant. I'm so damn embarrassed ! I just took a cab and went back home, I don't even want to go back to Naeun's house. I just wanted to be alone. After taking a good shower, I lied in my bed, staring at the ceiling. My stomach was growling like an old hungry wolf. Aiish... and I didn't even get to eat... Screw him. Screw Joanna. Screw them all. Screw this school. Screw me. Screw my life. I hate this life so much... Why am I so unhappy ? Is happiness too much to ask ? I keep telling me that things are going to be alright but I realize they're not. They're even worse. I felt my throat becoming tense and felt a tear running down my face. No, no, no. I can't cry. I wiped it away and immediately, stood up and plugged in my earphones. I started dancing to the beat of Super Junior's 'Sorry, Sorry, Answer'. Slowly, I closed my eyes and my whole body was filled with emotion. I know it's a ballad but I love dancing to ballads. Another thing you don't know about me... I love dancing. It's my passion. I don't want anyone to know it because I do it for myself and I don't want them to ask me to dance for them or to show them my skills. As the song ended, I was out of breath but I was smiling. I finally found what I'm living for.
 
-------------------------------------------
 
After the enormous humiliation I lived yesterday, I decided not to go to school today. I can't bear it... I bet Joanna told everyone what happened and I won't be able to endure the states and the laughs... Better just stay in bed... It's okay, I just have two classes today. I'll just ask the teacher a copy of the homework tomorrow. And so I was alone at home, lying on my bed. That's so weird... I'm not at home at this time, usually. I'm either at school or carrying tasks. It's so weird to just lay without doing anything... But I have to admit that it's quite pleasant. It mustn't become a habit, though... And so I was about to close my eyes and drift in a deep sleep when I heard a noise. I furrowed my eyebrows as I stood up and walked out of my room. There was someone knocking.
 
"Who's this ?" I said walking towards the door.
 
"It's me !"
 
...Jongin ? What the... I opened the door.
 
"What the hell are you doing here ?" I said.
 
"Why the hell are you so aggressive ? Can I come in ?" He said.
 
"Sorry... Come in." I said. I closed the door behind him. I spotted him looking around.
 
"I know, I live in a shoebox." I said.
 
"Well... It's... cute." He said. I laughed.
 
"I bet my house is smaller than your room." I said.
 
"Don't exaggerate, my house is not even that big you know." He shrugged.
 
"Yeah, yeah... Would you like to drink something ?" I said.
 
"I'm okay. The question is, are you ?" He said.
 
"Me ?" I said. He nodded. Wow... That's a tough one... Am I okay ? I don't even know... I never wondered.
 
"I... I-I'm okay." I faked a smile.
 
"Why did you miss school ? I was worried you know." He said. ...Worried ? About me ?
 
"It's nothing... Just a little fever." I said. He touched my forehead and laughed.
 
"Gone pretty quick huh." He said. I rolled my eyes.
 
"Tell me." He said with a serious tone. I sighed and gave up.
 
"Last night was a nightmare. Joanna was my pseudo date's ex. I think he didn't expect her to show up and when she did, he turned into a real jerk and lied saying I clung onto him and stuff." I said sitting on the couch.
 
"Ouch... Pretty mean. But is this why you didn't come ?" He said sitting next to me.
 
"I can't bear the stares." I said.
 
"Isn't that a common thing at this school ?" I said.
 
"No, usually people ignore me. I don't have any friends and I don't want any." I said.
 
"But why ?" He said.
 
"This hell of a school is filled with brainless stupid full of themselves bastards. I can't bear them, they're all so fake and superficial... And besides, who wants to befriend a commoner like me ?" I said.
 
"Me." He said.
 
"You're an idiot." I said.
 
"No but for real Nari. You're not a coward, you're more than that... You're an amazing person." He said. I smiled. He's a real sweetheart...
 
"Thanks Jongin... I appreciate." I said. He smiled. 
 
JONGIN's POV
 
"Hey, I forgot. I mixed our books yesterday and took yours. Give me a minute." She said and stood up then walked away. I was looking around. Damn this house is small... As I was looking around, something caught my attention. This yellow paper... I looked behind to verify if Nari wasn't coming back. O.K. I grabbed it and opened it. What the hell... That's Sehunie's number ! What is she doing with his number... Oh, there's another one. OUR DORM ADDRESS ?? What is that about ? She certainly couldn't have gotten it herself... He HAD to give it to her... I don't know what kind of plan or game he's playing but I need to find out. I need to protect her. As I heard her steps, I quickly put the papers in my pocket and sat as if nothing happened.
 
"There you go." She said giving me my book.
 
"Thanks." I said with an awkward smile. As she sat beside me, I noticed she was looking for something. She furrowed her eyebrow. Uh Oh.
 
"That's weird... Did you see two small yellow papers ? I put them on the table though..." She said looking around.
 
"Uhhhh... Maybe. What's written on it ?" I said.
 
"A phone number and an address." She said still looking for it.
 
"Really ? Whose number ?" I said.
 
"An idiot I met the other day." She shrugged. So they met...
 
"Who did you meet ?" I said.
 
"Someone I wish I never met... He's an EXO member." She sighed. Bingo.
 
"Oh really ? So you met Sehun ?" I said.
 
"How do you know he's the one I met ?" She raised an eyebrow. AIISH !
 
"I-I... Ummm... I don't know, haha, I... Supposed ?" I said. 
 
"Supposed, yeah." She said still sounding suspicious.
 
"Whatever, the third time we met he gave me his number and address and asked me to come to see him." She said.
 
"What for ?" I said.
 
"I don't know." She shrugged.
 
"Did you call him ?" I said.
 
"With what ? I don't even have a phone." She said.
 
"Good." I subconsciously said. She shot me a glare.
 
"I mean, bad ! No, no, I mean... Oh... Is that so ?" I awkwardly said. Aiish she's gonna get all suspicious now !
 
"Jongin are you smoking pot ?" She said.
 
"Hey !" I laughed, hitting her arm.
 
"I don't know, you're acting all weird !" She said.
 
"I'm just... Kinda tired. Don't mind me." I said. She shook her head.
 
"Okay, get ready. Let's go to school." I said standing up.
 
"What ? Are you crazy ?" I said.
 
"What again ? I thought you were not a coward !" I said. 
 
"Yeah well I'm not a coward but I can't go now ! Classes are probably over." She said. Just then, someone knocked.
 
"Who's this ?" She yelled.
 
"It's me, idiot ! Open the door !"
 
Oh... No. Chills ran down my spine when I heard Sehun's voice. What is he doing here ?!