KwangMong

Star Children

Gary left for work, while Jihyo dressed up the kids to go to Kwang Soo’s house. They wore a casual shirt and long pants, but Jihyo had them wear their cold wears.

“Where are we going?” Jiyoung asked.

“Kwang Soo samchon’s house,” she answered.

“Appa is not coming with us?” Ji-ohn asked.

“Eo, he has work.”

Jihyo let the both of them take the backseats, while she drove. She used the spare car, because Gary took their usual car. Shortly before she arrived, she called Kwang Soo and asked him to come down and help her out. He agreed readily and arrived downstairs in no time.

“Noona!” he called out, after Jihyo got out of the car. He walked over to them. “Noona, you said five minutes!! I stood down here for more than ten minutes already!” he jokingly grumbled.

Jihyo smiled sheepishly. “Mian.”

She unbuckled the children and helped them down the car. She then unlocked the boot for Kwang Soo to take out the stuffs.

“That’s a lot of things…” Kwang Soo stared, stunned. Jihyo smiled again, “that’s why I needed your help.”

Kwang Soo sighed, but still helped out with the bags, although somewhat struggling. Jihyo carried a bag on her own, while Kwang Soo carried three big fat bags. The two kids shared a smaller one between them.

When they arrived in his house, they placed all the bags on the floor. They poured out the contents of the bags and the floor was suddenly covered with beanies, mittens, snacks and key chains. Ji-young got all excited at the sight of food and toys and jumped around like a happy jumping bean. Jihyo laughed and pulled the boy towards her.

“They are not for you, Young-ah,” she broke the news to him. He pouted, but didn’t throw a tantrum.

“Can’t I just take one? There are many!” he asked meekly.

Jihyo smiled and ruffled his hair. “Do you know what day is it two days from now?”

The children chorused, “Christmas!!”

“That’s right! So all these are presents for other children!”

Ji-ohn crawled over, across the ocean of mittens and beanies. “Is it for Dreamie oppa and the othes?” she asked. The only other children in her world is all the member’s children.

Jihyo held out her hand to guide Ji-ohn over. “No, it is for other children. Children without their appas and eommas,” she said slowly, watching their expressions carefully, hoping that they’d understand.

“Orphans, right?” Ji-ohn said immediately. Jihyo looked shocked. “How did you know?”

“Appa said before,” she explained. “He said he didn’t have parents, so he was an orphan,” she added.

Jihyo nodded. “Hmm, do you think it’s pitiful not having your parents around?”

Ji-ohn pouted. “Appa is not pitiful. Appa has us,” she said.

Jihyo sighed, pulling the girl close and put their nose together. Ji-ohn giggled, playfully trying to push Jihyo away.

“No, I’m not talking about appa. I’m talking about the children.”

Ji-ohn didn’t answer her question, distracted by Jihyo’s hair.

“They are,” Jiyoung answered quietly. “I’ll be really, really sad if you and appa are not around,” he said.

Jihyo nodded, cuddling him. He snuggled closer. “Long, long time ago, when appa was a child, he was like that too. He felt lonely and helpless. But there was a place with people who looked after him. It was called an orphanage. They gave him food and clothes and kept him warm. That’s really nice of them, right?”

The two kids nodded. Glad that they were still paying attention, Jihyo continued. “So when he became an adult, he goes back to help. It is like thanking the people who helped him when he was younger. But after we had you, appa became really busy looking after you, and he doesn’t have time to go back. And I think he is guilty about that. So, do you think we can help appa?”

“How?” the kids asked, on after another.

“We will help him prepare Christmas presents for the children,” Jihyo said. “During Christmas, you will receive many presents from appa, eomma, harabeoji halmoni, imo and samchon, but the children will not get any. So, we’ll give them some presents! And it will make appa reeeallyyy happy because he likes to see the kids happy.”

The two children brightened up at the thought of making their father happy. “Let’s start!” Jiyoung said excitedly.

So they started, including Kwang Soo. In each party bag, they placed a pair of mittens, a beanie, a snack and a keychain before sealing it up. When Jihyo called up the orphanage, they told her that there was 86 children, but she prepared 100, just in case. This meant everyone had to pack 25 packets each, but of course, the children managed to pack lesser than the adults. Jihyo watched the two children pack the presents seriously without getting distracted. She knew how much they wanted to help. It wasn’t that she didn’t expect them to help; of course they would. But for the three-year-olds to put in so much effort for the sake of their father… it made Jihyo’s heart swell with pride.

They finally finished it slightly after lunch time. Kwang Soo ordered pizza for them to reward them.

“Kwang Soo yah, let me pay… you have already helped me so much!” Jihyo insisted. She felt bad for using Kwang Soo’s house, but she needed a helping hand. Plus, she didn’t want to risk spoiling the surprise by packing those at home.

“Noona! I’m the host,” Kwang Soo protested.

“I’m older,” Jihyo persisted. Kwang Soo still refused, so Jihyo agreed.

“Jiyoung ah, Ji-ohn ah, go kiss your Kwang Soo samchon and thank him for the pizza,” Jihyo told the kids, laughing.

The kids squealed and rammed onto him, giggling. He carried them up. They clung onto him and attacked him with kisses, left and right, making his cheeks all wet.

“Noonaaaa, get them to stop!!” he whined in protest.

“Now, will you let me pay or not?” she asked. He laughed, finally relenting.

Jihyo smirked, carrying Ji-ohn off Kwang Soo, then Jiyoung. “That’s why you should have listened right from the start!”

Kwang Soo laughed, wiping the saliva off his cheeks. He loved the twins, but that was too much. “Do you do this to Gary hyung to make him listen?” he asked.

Jihyo shook her head. “No, oppa loves it,” she laughed. “And he would make them kiss me back,” she added.

“So they’d help their dad,” Kwang Soo pointed out. “So they listen to him more, right?”

“Yah, I didn’t mean that!” Jihyo protested.

Kwang Soo laughed again as he turned to the kids. “Jiyoung Ji-ohn ah, do you love appa more or eomma more?”

Jiyoung shrugged, giggling. Ji-ohn replied, “Then, samchon, do you like me more or oppa more?”

Jihyo laughed, and Kwang Soo was stunned. “Eyyy, I asked you first!”

“So, you answer me first!” she replied, giggling.

“Ya! Is that even logical?” he asked.

“Why are you talking about logic to a three-year-old!” Jihyo interrupted, carrying Ji-ohn away. Knowing that she is saved from the questioning, she made funny faces at Kwang Soo.

“As annoying as your mom,” Kwang Soo scoffed.

But Ji-ohn didn't bother replying. She snuggled into her mother’s neck and mumbled, “eomma saranghae.”

 

 

update on both stories because CHRISTMAS. And also, a gift to a certain kwangmong fan who is feeling upset (???) i guess;