Home

Star Children

it has been long, but the little sweethearts are back!

 

Gary watched silently as Haha gently used a wet towel to wipe Dream’s body. The three children were now all fast asleep, beside each other. Gary knew that Dream refused to bath because the movements hurt his leg and wrist, so all Haha could do was to clean up his body with a wet towel.

“Dong Hoon ah,” Gary began nervously, twirling his fingers around. “Do you trust me?”

“What are you saying hyung,” Haha replied. “Of course I do.”

“Do you remember I told you I’m special?”

Haha nodded. Of course he did. It was the day Gary left Running Man.

Gary his lips. “Don’t tell anyone,” he whispered. He moved closer to Dream and held his wrist gently. He closed his eyes. Haha watched in awe as the bruise on Dream’s wrist began to subside. Gary then moved on to Dream’s swollen ankle. As with the wrist, the swell subsided.

Haha stared at Gary with his mouth agape, while the latter looked at him sheepishly.

“You… you are human right?” he asked.

Gary let out a small chuckle and nodded.

“Whoa… daebak…”

Gary shrugged. “I didn’t heal him completely… he might get suspicious. But it is enough to stop the pain, I guess.”

“Hyung…” Haha was touched. He knew how much Gary trusted him to show him his powers. Haha could let out the secret anytime, and he could earn billions with it. If Gary could heal injuries almost in an instant, how much money would that bring?

But Gary trusted that he wouldn’t.

“Is this the special power you talked about?” Haha asked. Even though it had been three years past that day, Gary and Haha never talked about his powers. Haha never probed, he feared that it would endanger Gary. Gary never told either, so they just kept that aside, until today.

“Mm… and also, Jihyo and I are telepathic,” Gary said. “We know what each other are thinking.”

“Cool, I know what Go Eun is thinking too,” Haha replied jokingly.

“Ya, you know that’s not what I meant.”

Haha laughed. He guessed that he knew what Gary meant. All the smiles, all the glances that Gary and Jihyo exchanged every time they were together. So they were talking after all. In their heads. “It must be nice,” he said. “You two wouldn’t argue, then. Since you understand each other so well.”

Gary nodded. “We do argue sometimes,” Gary confessed. “But I guess because we know how the other party feel, we would give in eventually.”

Gary yawned. “It’s late… We should leave,” he said.

“Just stay for the night, hyung. The kids are already sleeping.”

“Ani, I don’t want to leave Jihyo alone.”

Haha smiled. “Okay, see you next week, hyung.”

 

 

 

The next day, all three of them woke up late at half past ten. Jihyo knew they were tired, so she didn’t wake them up. Both Gary and Jihyo were free for the day, so they took their time.

They had pancakes for breakfast. They were seated around the dining table, and the kids ate by themselves. They were getting better at it, but still made some mess.

“How’s Dream?” Jihyo asked, no one in particular.

“Oppa’s hand and leg is in pain,” Ji-ohn mumbled between bites.

But I healed him, Gary thought to her.

Jihyo looked at Gary in shock. Jjinja? What did Haha oppa say?

He said thanks?

Jihyo rolled her eyes.

He said it was awesome. Why are you so surprised? He already knows that we have special powers.

Jihyo shrugged.

“I said, Dreamie oppa is injured,” Ji-ohn repeated, since Jihyo didn’t reply her.

“Ah…” Jihyo said, forgetting that her question was heard by the kids as well. “So, did you look after him?”

“Eo,” Ji-ohn replied. “But oppa fought with him.”

“Jjinja?” Jihyo asked, glancing at Jiyoung now. “Eo, but we made up.”

“That’s good,” she said.

“We had pizza for dinner too,” Ji-ohn continued.

“And fried chicken.”

And their breakfast continued like this.

 

After breakfast, Gary washed the dishes while Jihyo took out yoghurt for the children. She took out one for Gary too, and left in on the table.

“Oppa, I took out your yoghurt too,” she said.

“Mmm,” he replied.

Jihyo switched on a TV, there was nothing much to watch, but she just left it on. The children brought out their toys to play. Gary came out with some fruits. They sat on the sofa together, Jihyo, Gary, then Jiyoung. Ji-ohn sat on Gary’s leg.

There was a commercial encouraging young people to spend time with their family this festive season, instead of having fun themselves. It featured a lady bringing an older lady, likely her mother, for a walk in the park. Halfway through, the mother asked who the younger lady was, and the younger lady teared in response. “Eomma… it’s me,” the younger lady tearily replied. “I’m sorry, I neglected you too much when I was busy having fun….” Then there was jingles that came in that spoilt the mood, telling youngsters to give their parents a visit and all.

“Why is that nuna crying?” Jiyoung suddenly asked.

“Eo? Oh, because her mother didn’t remember her,” Jihyo replied.

“And why didn’t she remember her?” he asked again.

“Because she is sick,” she answered again.

Before he could ask another question, Gary asked, “Jiyoung ah, Ji-ohn ah, now when you are children, appa and eomma takes good care of you. When we become really old, will you look after us like how we look after you now?”

Jihyo chuckled, but she was interested in their answers. Jiyoung nodded.

“Really, even if we become really old, and we forget who you are?” Gary asked.

Jiyoung nodded confidently. “Of course, because you are my appa and eomma,” he said. It made the parents smile.

“Ji-ohnnie?” Jihyo asked. “Will you?”

“No…” she said. Gary and Jihyo were hurt, if not disappointed. Although they knew she probably didn’t know what it really meant, it still kind of hurt.

“You won’t look after us?” Gary asked.

“Ani,” she said, turning around so she faced her father. “I said, no, you cannot forget us.”

“But you will still look after us when we become really old?” he asked again.

“Still no,” she answered. “You cannot become really old. You must stay like this forever,” she said, in all seriousness.

The parents laughed. “But one day, we’ll grow old too, like harabeoji and halmoni,” Jihyo said.

Ji-ohn seemed to ponder for a while. “That’s fine, that’s not very old.”

Jihyo laughed again. “My parents would be glad to hear that,” she told Gary.

Gary shook his head and pinched Ji-ohn’s cheek. “You’re unbelievable,” he laughed.

They finished the fruits, so Jihyo brought out the bowl to the kitchen. Gary carried Ji-ohn down, wanting to help Jihyo with her housework, but Ji-ohn wanted him to read a book instead.

Jiyoung brought Ji-ohn into the playroom to search for their books. They took out Snow White. They snuggled up against their father as he read to them.

“And the Prince Charming married Snow White and they lived happily ever after,” he concluded, closing the book.

“Appa, what is married?” Jiyoung asked.

“Yeobo, Jiyoung has a question for you,” Gary laughed, asking Jihyo, who was now ironing the clothes, for help.

Jiyoung tugged on Gary’s arm. “Aniya, I asked you,” he said.

“Marriage is when you live together happily ever after with the one you love,” Gary answered. Jihyo scoffed at his answer.

“Did Snow White love the Prince?” Jiyoung asked again.

“Eo, otherwise why would they get married?” Gary said.

“But they’ve only met once.”

“Well, it could be love at first sight.”

“What’s love at first sight?”

Jihyo… save me please. Gary thought to her and looked at her pleadingly. She just shrugged and laughed at him.

“Yesterday, Dreamie oppa asked me to marry him,” Ji-ohn said.

That made the parents laughed again.

“He said then we could live together and play together all the time,” Ji-oh said.

“But he didn’t want to marry me because he said boys couldn’t marry each other,” Jiyoung pouted.

“What else did you kids talk about that we didn’t know?” Gary asked, laughing, while texting Haha about this joke.

Dong Hoon: I know… Hahaha, if she agrees we’d be in-laws.

Gary: No ring, no talk.

Dong Hoon: Shut up

“What did you tell Dream?”

She shrugged. “I said I’d have to ask you and eomma first?”

Now Jihyo walked over as she carried her daughter up. “Well done, you did well.”

Gary: Seems like she rejected Dream.

Dong Hoon: No, he said she said to ask your permission first.

Gary: Seriously where did he learn this from? Totally your playboy style.

Dong Hoon: Ya, shut up and agree. He’s getting pouty.

Gary: YOU shut up. Go explain to him.

“Marriage is not only about living and playing together,” Jihyo explained to Ji-ohn. “It means you make a promise to each other to stay by their side no matter what, and you’d protect them and look after them forever,” she said.

Dong Hoon: He says he'll ask again when they're grown up.

Gary: I'll be waiting for that RING

Donh Hoon: Get lost.

Gary Haha

The two kids nodded. Then Ji-ohn spoke up. “So, it’s like (Jiyoung) oppa and I right? We stay together and we play together, and we love each other, and we’ll protect each other and look after each other forever.”

The parents laughed at the children’s innocence. It sounded incredibly silly but still so sweet at the same time.

 

 

 

 

Holy cow, my life is thisssss close to complete?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the latest episode of RM, Gary admitted to dating Jihyo. Damn all haters who say it’s for the game I BELIEVE WHAT I WNA BELIEVE IN. but WOOOHOOO SHARE THE JOY ALL MY SHIPPERS DANCE IN CONFETTI SET THE FIRE WORKS YAHOOOOOO.