Prologue

Star Children

It was 8 am in the morning when loud wails rang across the house. With half-opened eyes, Gary quickly stumbled to the baby cot to carry his 1 month-old daughter out of the room before she wakes her twin brother up.

Gary rocked the tiny baby in his arms as he sang a lullaby to calm her down. As much as he knew using his powers would be easier, both he and Jihyo had agreed not to use their special powers on their children because they don’t want to rely excessively on their powers.

He checked her diapers to see if she wet herself, but it was dry. “Why are you crying?” he asked, getting flustered. Her wails were getting louder. “Are you hungry? You just ate an hour ago!” he continued rocking her, taking her further away from the room.

The two twins had completely different sleeping and eating habits. The elder twin, Kang Ji Young, sleeps well throughout the night, but in the day he would be wide awake and refuse to sleep. He drinks his milk regularly at 3 hours intervals, but the younger one has erratic drinking patterns. The younger twin, Kang Ji Ohn, cannot sleep for more than 3 hours each time and constantly wake up in the middle of the night, crying to be fed or cuddled.

10 minutes after her non-stop crying, the elder twin started crying as well. Gary went back into the room and saw Jihyo carrying the boy, preparing to -feed him.

The two of them exchanged tired glances and smiled at each other.

Once he went in, Ji ohn calmed down significantly.

“Ya, you only want your eomma don’t you!” he half laughed at his daughter. “She’s busy with your oppa now. Do you want anything?” He asked as he gently put his daughter down on to their bed, tickling her and causing her to giggle.

Jihyo brushed away her hair. “Ya, say ‘jal meokkesseumnida’!” she said jokingly to the baby boy, who of course ignored her and started to whine to be fed.

Gary turned to face Jihyo and repeated again, “What do you want for breakfast? Porridge?”

Not looking up yet, she replied, “Ah, mianhae oppa, I didn’t know you were talking to me!”

“Ya, why would I asked Ji-ohn that!” he laughed.

After checking that Ji Young is positioned comfortably, she looked up. “You were talking her just now!” she laughed back at him. “No, eomma is coming later, she’s going to bring some good food.”

“Ah… arrasseo, then I’ll just eat some yogurt first. Do you want any?”

“I can’t eat cold stuffs yet,” she pouted.

“I’ll warm it with my heart for you,” he said cheesily, winking at her. She laughed and hit him lightly with the free arm. In response, he pressed a kiss on her forehead before leaving the room to prepare breakfast.

 

(YAY for me a prologue done! I know it’s really short): this is just to thank you all for the subscription!!! Meanwhile, I shall continue with the next chpter for The Stars// Kyahhh a boy-girl twin isn’t it exciting!!!)