Special Chapter #4

8 Years Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


​Sehun and Jaehee had left their son with EXO when they left a week before their anniversary. Jaehee refused at first and said they could leave Jaehun with his grandparents, but Suho had opposed and convinced Jaehee. Now, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were busy playing with the kid whilst Lay was preparing their snacks. It had been a day since Jaehun arrived at their dorm and the boy hadn't cried, yet.

“Vroom! Vroom!”

“Jaehunnie would like to play cards with hyung?” Chen tried to pry the boy away with his cards.

The kid turned to Chen. “Aniyo, I like playing with Baek and Chan hyung!” he replied cheerfully and turned his attention back to his toys. The two laughed at the boy’s reply and Chen pouted and sat at the couch, defeated. The boys had told Jaehun to call them hyung instead of uncle, saying it made them old.

“Ha! He likes us much more than you, Jongdae!” Chanyeol said teasingly, and Chen rolled his eyes and grabbed the pillow before throwing it towards Chanyeol’s direction. But it didn’t hit the taller and instead, it hit Jaehun. The latter let go of his Lego fire truck and it shattered into pieces.

“Oopsie.” Chen gasped and closed his eyes.
“Uh-oh!” Chanyeol covered his ears, preparing for Jaehun’s cries.
Baekhyun did the same and shrieked. “Kim Jongdae what did you just do?!” 

Lay entered the living room, carrying a tray of cookies with Kyungsoo on tow. “He-” but the Chinese boy was cut off when Jaehun let out a painful scream. “WAAAAHHH!!” Surprised, Lay let go of the tray and Kyungsoo cringed as they heard a thump from upstairs and Luhan, Kris and Kai came downstairs, now fully awake.

Baekhyun was nearest to the crying kid and carried him trying to stop the boy from crying.

But it was no use.

“What happened here?” Luhan asked groggily and yawned. Chanyeol pointed at Chen and said, “Chen threw a pillow at Jaehun and his toy broke!” He screamed since his voice couldn't be heard above Jaehun’s crying.

Everyone glared at Chen, who sank himself on the couch and muttered, ‘Sorry’. Kris growled and pointed at Jaehun. “You clean this mess up before Suho comes back.” Baekhyun handed the crying boy to Chen and they all left the room.

“W-wait, how am I going to stop him from crying?” No one replied and he turned to the kid sitting on his lap, still crying.

He said the only idea that popped into his head. “Do you want me to buy ice cream?”

When Chen mentioned ‘ice cream,’ Jaehun stopped crying and replied. “Yes! Jaehun wants ice cream right now!” He giggled and Chen breathed in relief.

He wiped the tears on Jaehun’s eyes with his thumb and stood up. “Okay, ice cream here we go! But let’s get you warm clothes first.” They both headed upstairs. It was snowing outside and Chen wouldn’t let his "nephew" get sick or his hyungs and Sehun would kill him. When he and Jaehun had changed into warm clothes, they headed to the back stairs and were greeted by Kris. “Where are you going?” He gave them a skeptical look.

Jaehun answered for Chen. “Chen hyung said we’ll go and eat ice cream!” He clapped his tiny hands, giggling.

The leader turned to Chen and sighed. “Take Luhan with you before you go.”

He was about to protest but Kris gave him a look and shut up him up. “Fine.”

 



Luhan was holding Jaehun’s left hand and Chen was holding the other. The latter was a bit disappointed that his leader didn’t trust him with being alone with Jaehun, but he agreed too, since he didn’t trust himself either.

“Uncle Luhan, are you and appa best friends?” Jaehun asked out of the blue. Out of all of them, Luhan found it most awkward when Jaehun called him hyung. Kris did, too, but there were at times when Jae called them hyung.

Smiling, Luhan replied, “Yes we are, Jaehun.”

He turned to Chen and asked the same thing and the latter replied, "Yes." The younger didn’t speak after that and he kept skipping on their way to the ice cream parlor.

The parlor was packed when they went inside. They couldn’t even move. Letting out a sigh, Luhan announced, “Let’s go find another ice cream store.” Much to their surprise, Jaehun agreed, although from the looks from it, he was tired already.  

The eldest chuckled and crouched down. Jaehun frowned. “Are you okay, uncle?”

Luhan shook his head and said, “Get on my shoulders, Jaehun. Uncle is going to give you a ride.”

His eyes shined and with Chen's help, Jaehun got on Luhan’s shoulders. The boy was enjoying it and kept on laughing. Chen, on the other hand, was sulking. I’m supposed to make Jaehun laugh, not Luhan hyung.

The eldest noticed and stopped laughing. “Ow, Jaehun, can you transfer to Chen hyung’s shoulders? My back hurts.”

He feigned hurt and the kid gasped, calling to his hyung, “Chen hyung, carry me!”

Chen was so happy when Jaehun called him and sat on his shoulders. He went and whispered Luhan, “Thank you hyung.”

“No problem, Jongdae.”

Half an hour of walking later, they had finally found the perfect place to eat ice cream, Swi:t B. The shop was new, judging from the fresh paint, and no one was buying. Luhan helped Jaehun down from Chen’s shoulders and the three went inside.

The shop’s atmosphere was warm and refreshing. The walls were painted blue with clouds, and there was a polar bear with balloons tied around its belly. Jaehun jumped and said, “I feel like I’m in the air!” He giggled.

Luhan and Chen look at each other before shaking their heads, chuckling. Luckily, there were enough seats and Luhan went to order. Chen headed to the seats as he watched Jaehun stare adoringly at the well-painted walls.

“Chen hyung, look, Ampaman!” Chen looked at the direction Jaehun was pointing.

“It’s Anpanman,” he corrected and told the boy to sit next to him, which he gladly did. Five minutes later, Luhan arrived with their ice cream.

Jaehun giggled at his ice cream. “Hyung my ice cream looks like a Radolph!”

“It does? Omo, it does!”

Luhan could only roll his eyes. “It’s Rudolph, Jaehun,” he corrected, and the boy just giggled. They stayed there for half an hour until Luhan’s phone rang. It was Sehun. A smile formed on Luhan's face as he answered. “Hello Sehunnie, how’s your honeymoon?” he asked,emphasizing the last word.


He heard a groan. “Don’t call me that, hyung. I’m a father now. And don’t call it a honeymoon, it’s just a vacation!”

Rolling his eyes, he replied, “I will still call you that even th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter