Epilogue (Last)

8 Years Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucky...



 



“We are one! Hello everyone, we are EXO!”


One…

“Hello, I’m Exo’s romantic panda and AB style rapper, Tao-imnida!”

Two…

“Hello, I am Exo’s main vocalist, Baekhyunnie.”

Three…

“Hello, I’m Exo’s oldest, Xiumin!”

Four…

“Hello Exo-Ls, I’m Exo’s Chen who has a powerful voice!”

Five…

“Good evening Exo-Ls, I am Exo’s guardian and leader, Suho.”

Six…

“I’m Exo’s dancing machine, Kai. Nice to see you all.”

Seven…

“Hello everyone, I’m Exo’s Luhan. Nice to see you again.”

Eight…

“How are you doing tonight? Hello, I’m Exo’s Lay.”

Nine…

“Hello, I am also Exo’s main vocalist, D.O.”

Ten…

“Good evening Exo-Ls, I am Exo’s maknae Sehun.”

Eleven…

“EVERYONE MAKE SOME NOISE! Hello, I am Exo’s face and voice, Chanyeol.”

Twelve.

“Hello babes, I am Exo’s Appa and Exo-M’s duizhang, Kris.”

 



Twelve (/ˈtwɛlv/) - is the natural number following 11 and preceding 13. It is also the largest number with a single-morpheme name in English.

But to us, it was more than just a number. It was like the beginning of… everything. Not a lot of people understand how we feel. How we protect them in any matter. How much we loved, cared and adore them. That we’d do everything just to touch, talk or even see them.

Taking picture of them during concerts so other fans could see them. Stalking them until dawn because we wanted to know what was happening. Giving them presents during their birthdays, Christmas or special events. Crying when they won big awards, or when they were dating someone else who wasn’t you. Buying every product they advertised, with the use of our allowance. Skipping school just to attend their concert or fan signing.

Everything. We’d do everything for them, because they gave us happiness. They had the ability to make us laugh, smile and cry through their music. They cared for one another in a brotherly way. The fact that they tried their best in every performance and the care they had to us fans. They helped us learn in every simple way that there would always be hope. They sang and danced very well. They were extremely talented individuals. They were strong. We loved their smiles, personalities and… them.

I made friends online because we had the same interest, and that’s them. I’ve learned new things. I can speak basic hangul because of them. And most of all, I was happy and they were the reason why.

 



“Hyung…” Sehun breathed. Luhan was standing right in front of him, in front of everyone. They were going to record their comeback album today. Baekhyun, Chen, D.O and Chanyeol had signed in Suho’s company as soon as their contracts expired. And they kept their group name, EXO. They had to go court to retain their name and they won. After that, Lay contacted Kris and Luhan. And now, they were here.

“Sehun…”

Sehun didn’t care what happened before and wrapped his arms around Luhan and engulfed him into a hug. The younger sobbed in the elder’s shoulders. Luhan returned the hug and the elder smiled and whispered that it was okay. The remaining ten smiled at the two in satisfaction. They knew amongst them, Sehun was the one who was affected the most. They had reconciled to each other already. Suho said it was time to move on and accept the past. All that mattered was now. 

Sehun pulled away and wiped his tears, giving Luhan a sympathetic look, “I’m sorry for what I did, hyung.”

Luhan smiled and disheveled his hair in a playful manner. “It’s okay, Sehun. I understand,” he said reassuringly.

Sehun was about to speak when someone placed a hand on his shoulder. He turned and saw Kris. “HYUNG!” he exclaimed and hugged him tightly.

The leader laughed and hugged him back. “Relax Sehun, I’m here now." 

“So, let’s start?” Suho cut in. And the eleven nodded and they headed to the recording room.

 



Have you ever loved someone as much as yourself? No? Yes? Well, I did. And I regret nothing.

My life was full of darkness and loneliness before, but then, they arrived and gave me light. Never in my life have I love someone this much. That I would give up everything I have just to met them, to notice me.

Remember the day when you didn’t have any ideas as to who they were? Remember when you would go to Google and search for their names? Remember when you said to yourself ‘there are too many of them, it’s too hard to remember their name’? Remember when you made an oath to yourself that you were not going to dedicate your life to them?  Do you remember the time you first heard their song? Remember when you got addicted to it? Remember the time you starting falling for them? I do.

 



“And one two three four now turn.” Kai demonstrated the choreography for their new song. Everyone was following his every move while the music played. Despite his old age, Kai was still the best dancer alongside Lay.

Some found it hard because they hadn’t danced for a while, specifically Kris. When he followed Kai’s move, he accidentally tripped himself, falling on the floor.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Chen ran to assist him and Kris stood up.

“I’m fine, Chen. Just finding it hard to dance again. It has been a long time.”

“You know, let’s take a rest. We still have time anyways,” Suho said, and they all agreed.

 



Have you ever adored someone, especially when they were dancing? Were you surprise? Impressed? Wowed? I was.

The first time I laid my eyes on them, their dance moves caught my attention. The way they synchronized and danced with passion. And before I knew it, I had fallen in love with twelve talented boys.

I fell and they captured my heart. It was a start of a new beginning.

 



“I’m so hungry ughh,” complained Tao, followed by the others.

Suho chuckled and remembered something. “Just like the old times, aye?” he smirked.

Lay frowned. “What do you mean?”

“You know, hungry men, practice room, and food. Get it?” he hinted.

The members were still confused and he rolled his eyes. “Exo Showtime episode 9,” he deadpanned and he hit his forehead. I forgot how stupid these guys are, he thought.

“So,” Baekhyun began, “does this means you’re going to buy us chicken?” he asked, trying but failing to hide his smile.

Everyone’s eyes turned to Suho, anticipating. They were giving him the puppy eyes, except for Kris, who just stared at him coolly.

“You punks! Who do you think I am, the president?” All of them replied ‘yes’ chorally and Suho let out a defeated sigh. “Fine. But next time Kris is going to pay.” Everyone in the room rejoiced as the leader took out his phone and dialed the store.

 



Do you still remember the high notes he did? The one that made you fall for them even more? Do you still remember this line, ‘My babe, baby babe, baby baby marhejwo nege what is love?’ Remember how you told yourself, ‘How can they love these people when they can’t understand what they’re singing’? I do.

And it was one the best thing that ever happened in my life. I remember the times when I was defending them to people who make fun of them. I remember the time when one of my friends and I got in a fight because she told me, ‘They’re just artists, they don’t know you’.

But still, I stayed because I love them. Because I didn’t want to leave, I tried, but something in me felt missing. I couldn’t and I don’t want to either.

 



Their food arrived early than they expected. Suho had ordered 5 boxes of fried chicken and rice. Of course, he paid. The twelve of them sat on the floor and ate together.

They laughed, teased and joked around. But they bullied the leader the most, saying that he was still short despite his age, and he had wrinkles already.

Suho scowled at them. “Yah! Remember that I bought the food, at least be thankful!!”

The younger ones laughed and even more. Suho just ignored them and continued eating. Baekhyun was making funny faces at Tao and Chanyeol would kick him while he laughed.

 



Finally, here I was, stand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter