Because who you are

You are my tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyeon was approaching her girlfriend who sat at campus canteen chatting with Eunjung, she put her food and drink on the table and sat down next to Hyomin, her girlfriend realized her presence, she smiled at Jiyeon and Jiyeon smiled back.

“Hello Eunjung” Jiyeon greeted a girl seated opposite her

“Hi Jiyeon” Eunjung greeted back.

Since Eunjung and Jiyeon shared the same major and activities, they met each other more often and because of Hyomin they met outside the campus as well, the more they saw one another, they became less awkward with each other. And for Hyomin, Jiyeon tried to befriend with Eunjung and it seemed the latter also cooperated. In fact they found they had many things in common, and shared the same interest about Taekwondo, sport and few other hobbies, as well as favorite food and favorite things. Sometimes they were so immersed chatting of the same thing that made Hyomin feel leave out, but she didn’t mind it at all as long as her best friend and girlfriend could get along.        

“What were you guys chatting about?” Jiyeon asked, as she used chopstick to pick up her food.

“We were talking what we would do during the break” Hyomin answered, she pulled a tissue and passed it to Jiyeon , her girlfriend mouthed “Thanks”

“I suggested taking a trip to forest but this girl disagreed” Eunjung said, pouting at the girl she mentioned. Jiyeon thought for a while.

“Are you interested to go to a beach?” Jiyeon asked both her girlfriend and Eunjung.

“Beach?” Hyomin repeated

“Yes, do you remember Qri unnie? Jiyeon asked Hyomin, the latter thought and nodded “She has a hotel, resort and spa near a beach, she invited me to go” Jiyeon continued.

“How do you think Eunjung?” Hyomin asked, looking at her friend. Eunjung contemplated a bit

“That sounds a nice place to go” Eunjung cheerfully said

“Everything is free” Jiyeon said nonchalantly as she lifted up a coca cola can.

 “Are you kidding?” Eunjung asked with her eyes widened

“Do I look like I am kidding?” Jiyeon asked back

 “Daebak” Eunjung said, Hyomin could only shake her head.

“Are you sure, it don’t disturb her? Hyomin asked

“No, she is lonely working there, she deprives for some company, she suggested me to bring Soyeon unnie and some friends along” Jiyeon explained.

“That’s great” Eunjung was excited.

They agreed to go to the beach for their holiday break, Jiyeon made a call to inform Qri, the older girl sounded so happy, they set the date and Qri was more than welcome to meet her dongseang and her friends.  After they finished their break, Eunjung was walking to her next class while Jiyeon was accompanying Hyomin to her class.

“Eunjung seems so excited about the trip” Jiyeon began a conversation with her girlfriend who seemed to have a comfort moment walking alongside with Jiyeon that holding her hand.

“She is always like that” Hyomin said “When we were younger, she was so happy every time her father brought her for a trip, she would pack up her stuff three days before ” She added, smiling.

“Did you always go on trip with her?” Jiyeon was curious.

 “Yes, our parent is close so we sometimes took a trip together, we often went school field trip together when we were at grader school and high school” Hyomin recalled her sweet memory of her youth with her friend, “And we went for a one week journey together after we graduated from high school” She continued, unaware of dark expression on Jiyeon’s face

“ Eunjung likes all festivals , especially carnival one, she…” Hyomin was interrupted by Jiyeon’s cold cut

“We are here” Jiyeon abruptly let go of Hyomin’s hand when they just arrived in front of her faculty building.

“Ah, ok, I’ll see you in the evening” Hyomin smiled at Jiyeon, but her girlfriend didn’t response, she only slightly nodded and walked away. Hyomin was confused, but shrugged it off and walked to her lecture room.

 

Hyomin was glancing at her phone, hoping to get any notification for receiving message from her girlfriend, disappointed , she looked out of the glass window of the bus, thinking what was wrong that Jiyeon didn’t show up as usual, she didn’t answer the phone nor reply her message though she did read it. Hyomin was absent-minded and didn’t realize she passed few stops ahead of her stop, she quickly got up and pressed a button for next stop.

“ Pabo chorom” Hyomin was mentally knocking her head with her knuckle, but she was snapped out of her own thought when she heard a car honking, alerted, she looked at the car, there she was, Jiyeon was lowering her glass window.

“Hyomin, get on the car” Jiyeon called her, Hyomin didn’t move but stared at Jiyeon, instead it was Jiyeon that got out of her car, and walked to her, she grabbed her hand and opened the door for Hyomin.

“What was wrong Jiyeon? Hyomin asked as soon as she got in the car

“Nothing wrong” Jiyeon replied focusing on the road

“Why did you ignore my call and message then?” Hyomin asked

“I…” Jiyeon found it hard to come up with excuse.

“I want you to be honest with me” Hyomin’s voice was calm and firm and Jiyeon felt like she was being controlled by Hyomin’s word

“Iwasbeingjealous” Jiyeon said as fast as her breath allowed her

“What did you say?” Hyomin held her laughter hearing Jiyeon’s splutter

“I said I was being jealous” Jiyeon shyly admitted

“Jealous?” Hyomin asked, confused, somehow she felt like butteries were flying in her stomach.

“I was jealous because you kept saying how you had good time with Eunjung” Jiyeon confessed.  The whole afternoon, Jiyeon was very grumpy, she was being jealous of her girlfriend with her best friend who got to spend most of their childhood and youth together. She ignored Hyomin’s call and messages, and avoided her trying to get rid of this unpleasant feeling inside her heart. As she was leaving the campus ,she noticed Hyomin was getting on the bus, she felt bad for doing this to her so she was following the bus to make sure Hyomin went back home safe, but she didn’t saw her girlfriend got off at her stop until the next few stops ahead.

Hearing Jiyeon’s honest confession, Hyomin didn’t know if she should laugh or be happy, Jiyeon was pouting which she found it cute, this was another side of Jiyeon that Hyomin discovered, she reached for her the back of her girlfriend’s hand and rubbed it gently.

“There is nothing to be jealous Jiyeon ah, Eunjung and I, we have been friends since kids, best friends for life, nothing more nothing less” Hyomin reassured her girlfriend, hearing so Jiyeon felt her heart was racing with joy, Hyomin’s assurance and her soft touch did magic to her mind, it instantly washed away her worry, she interwined hand with Hyomin's that and was holding it until they reached Hyomin’s house.

 

****************************

Finally the weekend that they were waiting for, has arrived. Soyeon, Jiyeon , Hyomin and Eunjung now were on the way to the beach, with Soyeon as a driver and Eunjung on passenger’s seat next to her and the back seat were occupied by Jiyeon and Hyomin, holding each other hand. Hyomin and Jiyeon just found out that Soyeon and Eunjung knew each other, this whole time Eunjung never mentioned that she met Jiyeon’s sister before but it didn’t matter because at least they all knew each other and it would be more fun for the trip.

 Upon their arrival, they was discussing about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter