Sooyeon & Sunyoung

You are my tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

San Francisco, USA

A man in his late 40s, was holding a photo closely, his eyes wavered momentarily, he looked at the girl in a photo with mixed emotion, he felt a single hot tear threatened to fall off his man eye, he held it back, and smiled a sad smile.

“You really look like your sister” A man murmured to himself. He took a paper enclosed in the same envelop that he received with a brunch of photos, and read

Name: Park Hyomin (previous name Jung Sunyoung )

Currently studying at T-University, majoring in Music and Contemporary Art, a vice-president for Musical club, living with mother Park Minyoung  in Daedongmoon district, Seoul .  Clinging to best friend Ham Eunjung , studied in the same university , her hobbies  are ……………

Jung Woosung was reading the rest of a personal information he got from a spy that he willingly paid him double just to get as much as detail about the girl. It has been 19 years since he last saw her, at that time she was only three years old little girl who now turned to a beautiful young lady and totally identical to her twin older sister Jung Jessica, who was gone forever. The accident that killed Jessica, left Jung Woosung, her father devastated and fell into depression.

Park Minyoung divorced with Jung Woosung after she found out that he was cheating on her for another girl, and what hurt the most, that girl was her close friend. He begged her for a second chance, but Minyoung couldn’t forgive him, in exchange to sign a legal divorce paper for Minyoung, Woosung asked for a custody over their two kids (twin) which Minyoung denied, in the end they came to agreement that Woosung could have Jessica (Sooyoen) and Minyoung would take Hyomin ( Sunyoung ) , at that time their daughters were only three years old , too young to understand parents’ problem. Wooyoung migrated to States and remarried with Minyoung’s friend and raised Jessica there, while Minyoung entered a single mom’s role and raised Hyomin all alone. For a first few months of their divorce, little Sunyoung kept asking her mom about her older sister Sooyeon’s whereabouts, being all sad and stressful, Minyoung unconsciously shouted at her daughter after that little Sunyoung never asked about her sister again. Besides, having her best friend Eunjung to play with, Sunyoung slowly forgot about her sister. But little that their parents knew, three year old Sooyeon (Jessica) who appeared to be cold and didn’t care about anything, never forgot about her younger sister and always missed her, until her last breath, the last person that appeared in Jessica’s mind was her little sister “ Sunyoung”.

 

*****************************

“Why did you try to harm Hyomin?” Eunjung patiently asked a girl who seated in a chair which was surrounded by her, Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara . After two weeks of searching for a suspect who intended to harm Hyomin, Eunjung and her friends finally found that person, Sunmin, a first year student from Business Faculty, one of Eunjung’s fan girls, was caught

“Didn’t you hear what she ask you huh? Gyuri slammed her palm on table, she was annoyed that Sunmi remained silent.

“Sunmi” Eunjung looked at her with a strong gaze

“I’m in love with you and I hate to see Hyomin sunbae nim always sticks with you, I’m jealous of her closeness with you” Sunmi confessed in one breath. Eunjung wasn’t much surprised, she was kinda expecting this, but she just needed to confirm it, part of her hoping that Sunmi’s motivation to harm Hyomin was different from what she thought, in that case it would make her feel better.

 “I have no choice but to report you to student council, and see how her father would react” Eunjung spoke, hearing that Sunmi widened her eyes.

“Please Eunjung unnie, my father shouldn’t know about this” Sunmi was trembling with fear.

“This is the consequence of what you did, Sunmi” Eunjung sternly said, “What would happen to Hyomin if she wasn’t saved, she could be badly injured and you would become a criminal” Eunjung gritted her teeth.

“I’m sorry” Sunmi started to cry.

“I’m not the one you’re supposed to apologize to” Eunjung yanked at her “ Hyomin deserves to hear this” Eunjung grabbed her phone from her bag and dialed the number of a person she just mentioned.

“Hyomin ah, where are you?” Eunjung’s voice softened

“I’m in library” Hyomin answered

“Can you come and meet me at the old gym?” Eunjung asked

 “Is there anything, Eunjung?” Hyomin wondered why Eunjung wanted to meet her there.

“I’ll explain later” Eunjung hung up the phone before the girl could respon.

Shortly after the call, Hyomin appeared in the gym, she was wondering what was going on when she saw Eunjung’s few friends and a girl was sitting on chair which it seemed like interrogation scene in movie

“Eunjung” Hyomin called. Eunjung turned her head to see Hyomin was reluctant to come closer to them, so she walked to Hyomin and grabbed her hand, leading her to where Sunmi was seating. Seeing Hyomin coming her way, Sunmi lowered her head in embarrassment.

“ She deserves your apology the most” Eunjung spoke as soon as Hyomin who was clueless of what was going, standing in front of Sunmi.

“ Sunmi was the person who purposely dropped the flower pot on you” Eunjung explained to Hyomin. Hyomin changed her gaze from Eunjung to the girl named Sunmi, she started to remember the girl she saw that day, she could believe a young girl like her would do such a cruel thing.

“Why?” Hyomin couldn’t come up with words, she couldn’t imagine why the girl would do such a thing to her.

“I’m sorry Hyomin sunbae nim, I was wrong and stupid” Sunmi broke down, she couldn’t stand Eunjung’s hatred gaze anymore.

“She was jealous of our closeness and did such a stupid things” Eunjung finished unfinished answer for Sunmi , this time Hyomin turned her head to Eunjung.

“I’ll report this to student council, she will be subjected to disciplinary action for her violation” Eunjung said

 “But she will be retired if the committee finds out” Hyomin stated with worried

 “She deserves it, Hyomin” Seungyeon who had been quite for long time finally chimed in 

“Please, please my father will disown me if he finds out” Sunmi begged pathetically, she was sudden on her knee in front of Hyomin. Hyomin was taken back, she stepped backward a bit, looking the girl in front of her crying like a child, Hyomin didn’t have a heart to hold a grudge on her.

“ I’ll forgive you Sunmi” Hyomin looked at Sunmi with a merciful smile. Sunmi couldn’t believe her ear, it made guilt rushed back to her heart.

“ Hyomin” Eunjung didn’t see this coming , while her friends also gasped in shock

“But promise me one thing, never repeat your same mistake again” Hyomin said, “You won’t have a second chance” Hyomin added. Sunmi nodded.

 

********************************

 

“Are you not happy with my decision?” Hyomin nudged Eunjung who seemed to deep in her thought.

 “I respect your decision but I’m kinda worried, you know” Eunjung knew Hyomin had a kind heart but she should not let go of a person who tempted to harm her that easily.

“I’m sure she has learnt something from her mistake” Hyomin was as usual being optimistic that sometimes it annoyed Eunjung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter