Safe in your arms

You are my tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyeon didn’t waste any second dasing out of her car, she rushed to the accident scene in the middle of the road where two cars collided, where she saw a taxi driver trapped in side the car and found Hyomin was unconscious inside the passenger seat, her heart stopped with her suffocating breath, her palm turned numb with cold sweat, she quickly collected herself and opened the door and got to her lover.

“Hyomin ah, Hyomin ah” Jiyeon called out as she reached her fiancee, Hyomin’s head was bleeding , Jiyeon carefully rested her on her arm, no response, and it was making Jiyeon’s mind go crazy

“Can you hear me my love?” Jiyeon was trembling with fear, her voice was shaking.

“Hyomin ah, please don’t do this to me, please” Jiyeon begged pitifully, she put her head on Hyomin’s chest to hear her heartbeat, fortunately she was till breathing.

The next thing Jiyeon heard was a siren alarm sound from ambulance, Jiyeon was seeing a hope. She shouted for a help where medical team rushed to them. Hyomin was delivered to a spinal board and Jiyeon followed them into ambulance.

“Please be safe” Jiyeon kept holding Hyomin’s hand until they arrived at the hospital. Jiyeon’s heart was wrenching painfully as she saw Hyomin disappearing into emergency room, the air around her was so trick and it was hard to breathe, she stumbled back on the seat, her head was spinning around, she couldn’t believe what just had happened, she wished it was just a nightmare and would wake up to find that she was still in her room but in reality she was in this dreadly place where she least liked, the smell of disinfection which touched her nose made her realized that she was in reality.

Soon after, Hyomin’s mother along with Eunjung’s father, Eunjung and Qri and last Soyeon arrived at hospital with their heavy hearts and worry.

“Jiyeon, what happened?” Eunjung hurriedly asked Jiyeon, while Hyomin’s mother was holding Mr.Ham’s hand

“Hyomin got in a car accident” Jiyeon said lifelessly, Soyeon was checking her sister who had blood on her shirt.

“Did you hurt?” Soyeon asked worriedly but Jiyeon shook her head

“You should have a check-up” Qri suggested

“I’m not involved in accident, only Hyomin” Jiyeon told them, her eyes focused on the emergency door.

“How could it happen?” Eunjung was confused

“Hyomin was on the cab back to university” Jiyeon lowered her head while recalling story

“I thought she was with you” Eunjung raised her voice.

“It’s all my fault” Jiyeon raised up her head and looked at Hyomin’s mother

“We had argument” Jiyeon was holding back her tear.

“I can’t believe you let this happen again” Eunjung took Jiyeon by her collar.

 “Stop it Eunjung, this is hospital” Qri and Soyeon tried to stop her

“Can’t you see she made it happen again?” Eunjung pissed off.

“Eunjung, calm down” Hyomin’s mother said

 

Just then a doctor came out of the emergency room to inform the family about Hyomin’s condition. Everyone relieved to hear that Hyomin was okay, she didn’t have any external serious injury, just a few stitches for her bleeding head. Hyomin was transferred to a patient room and waited until Hyomin was back to her consciousness.

 

“Hyomin” Jiyeon called as soon as she saw Hyomin opened her eyes

“How are you feeling my dear?” Hyomin’s mother asked

“Do you hurt?”Eunjung asked 

“Ladies, let Hyomin have time to breathe first” Eunjung’s father commented

Hyomin tried to open her eyes but still everything was black for her, she heard Jiyeon calling her name, her mother and Eunjung asking her, she could feel the hands were holding hers, she smelled the medicine but the only thing she wasn’t capable was seeing, she couldn’t see anything except darkness, she closed her eyes and opened them again but it was the same, blackness, her heart was beating fast, she got scared.

“Umma” Hyomin called

“Yes, dear” Her mom answered.

“Jiyeon” Hyomin called her fiancee

“I’m here my love” Jiyeon was holding Hyomin’s hand.

“Eunjung unnie?” Hyomin was calling again

“Are you alright Hyomin ah?” Eunjung asked

 “Why is everything black? I can’t see anything” Hyomin’s voice trembling, she was scared, she was holding Jiyeon’s hand tightly

Everyone was looking back and forth at each other, Eunjung slowly waved her hand above Hyomin’s eyes but no reaction, now everyone was shocked.

“ Call a doctor Eunjung” Eunjung’s father shouted, did as told Eunjung dashed out of the room, while Hyomin’s mother was putting hand on to surpress the sound of her weeping. While Jiyeon froze, she refused to believe what she just heard, quilt was attacking her. Qri and Soyeon were so shocked to the point that they went speechless.

“Jiyeon, Jiyeon” Hyomin was sitting up on the the bed, Jiyeon went back to her sense.

“I’m here Hyomin ah” Jiyeon quickly sat on the bed and hugged Hyomin tight

“I’m scared” Hyomin was shaking

“You’ll be alright, doctor is coming” Jiyeon put up her strong side, and comforted Hyomin in her arms

Eunjung returned with a doctor and nurse who attended to Hyomin quickly.After checking and asking the patient, the doctor’s face turned stiff, the whole room went quiet.

“This is a very rare case” The doctor spoke

 “What do you mean doctor?” Hyomin’s mother asked with fear

“The patient is suffering from temporary blindness” He decided to carry the news to the family, everyone widened their eyes, Jiyeon’s heart was aching after hearing it, she was holding Hyomin who started to cry in her arms protectively.

“Is there anyway to cure or give her treatment, doctor?” Jiyeon quickly asked

“As I said, this is a very rare case, her brain is not damaged nor have any blood clot according to the x-ray, but the side effect cause sudden blindness, however it will be only temporary after sometimes her vision will be back ” Doctor explained

“When will she be able to see again?” Eunjung asked

“I can’t say it, it can take a week, a month or even a year” He said, “It depends on each case” He added.

 Eunjung put her hands on her head hopelessly, then the room was filled in goomy atmosphere, weeping sound could be heard, leaning for each other shoulders were most needed at the moments.

 

It had been a few days since Hyomin stayed at the hospital, Jiyeon was always beside Hyomin though Hyomin’s mother and Eunjung asked to switch her for taking care of Hyomin but she denied. Hyomin still couldn’t see but her mental state was getting better, even in the darkest day, Hyomin chose to think positively and believed thing happened for a reason, she asked Jiyeon to let it go and not to blame herself, because it was Hyomin who was stubborn and left the apartment, if only she had choosen to stay and had dinner with her fiancee, thing might not have happened. However Jiyeon couldn’t forgive herself yet, she was reflecting herself and devoting every minute to take care of her beloved fiancee. 

 

********************

Hyomin heard a foot step, she was surprised why Jiyeon came back so soon, she asked her to go and get her iced chocolate from a coffee shop.

“Jiyeon?” Hyomin asked but no response while the footstep was getting closer, Hyomin felt the sound of step was too heavy to be Jiyeon, it sounded like a man shoes, she scooted away.

“Sunyoung” Mr.Jung called, his voice was so weak but Hyomin could recognize it.

“Father?” Hyomin asked

“It’s appa” Mr. Jung said, walking closer to Hyomin.

“Hyomin ah, I’m back” Jiyeon tried to catch her breath, her hands were holding iced-chocolate that Hyomin asked her to get. But her smile suddenly faded away when she saw who was in the room.

“Mr.Jung” Jiyeon widened her eyes. Upon knowing the presence of Jiyeon, Mr.Jung turned around to look at her with his stern face.

“I should have not agreed with Minyoung” He said, his eyes were intensively staring at Jiyeon.

“I’m sorry Mr.Jung, I wish I could have taken better care of her” Jiyeon apologized and bowed to him.

“Will your apology change a thing or make her be able to see again?” Mr.Jung asked displeasingly

“I’ll do whatever it takes to make her see again” Jiyeon confidently said

“I don’t think you deserve a chance to do that” He said

“I know I don’t but I won’t give up on her, I’m willing to do anything I can to make her see again” Jiyeon kneeled down in front of him. At the same time, Eunjung and Qri walked inside the room and witnessed Jiyeon kneeling in front of Mr.Jung.

“Will that include donating your eyes to her? Mr.Jung asked, Eunjung and Qri widened their eyes, while Jiyeon looked up at him.

“Yes” Jiyeon answered, Hyomin was taken back and scared, she heard everything but couldn’t see what was going on, it frustrated her.

“No, Jiyeon” Hyomin got off her bed, she didn’t know where she was going on, she hit the table and stumbled and fell

“Hyomin!” Jiyeon, Eunjung and Qri shouted alarmingly at the same time when they saw Hyomin was on the floor, they quickly rushed to her.

“Are you hurt?” Jiyeon asked worriedly as she was holding her lover.

“No, you can’t do that Jiyeon, I won’t let you do that” Hyomin shook her head frantically as she clutched on Jiyeon’s arm

“ With my respect Mr.Jung, I think this is too much, nobody wants this to happen, and we know Jiyeon is much suffering from this as well, please don’t push her to her edge” Eunjung stood up and said

“It’s not your business young lady” Mr. Jung looked at Eunjung with insulting look.

“It’s definitely my business because Hyomin is my sister, and Jiyeon is her fiancee, so we are all family here” Eunjung calmly explained. Mr. Jung narrowed his eyes, he guessed he missed something.

“For your information, my father officially signed a marriage register with aunty Minyoung” Eunjung enlightened him, he was surprised but soon after he quickly pulled up his stern face.

“What’s going on here?” Minyoung asked when she entered the patient room with Eunjung’s father and saw the chaos in front of her.

“What do you want Woosung?” Minyoung asked Woosung unfriendly

“I come to visit my daughter because it’s obvious that her mother doesn’t know how to protect her from ” Woosung said

“That’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter