Dilemma & Truth

You are my tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV

 

I lay down on my bed staring at the white ceiling; I’m trying to figure out if I unconsciously did anything wrong to upset Hyomin for a past few days because it seems my girlfriend has been avoiding me since then. I know she has been busy with study and her musical play but no matter of hard it is, she always makes time for me, and I am grateful for that, not often that she would decline me unless it’s necessary or it’s something she feels uncomfortable with, I think her excuses are the second reason. I heave a sigh giving up, I can’t find any possible little thing that I might do to make Hyomin get mad at me.   

Looking back, quietly and slowly Hyomin has become a part of my life, and important part that I start to depend on it, her love doesn’t only lead me the way and make me better but also completes me as a whole, however as the same time she is my weak spot. I don’t mind if people would call me crazy, love addict or anything, but I really miss her, I’m missing her so much that I get scared. I pick up my phone to scroll through photo gallery, I can’t help but smile like crazy when I see her photos on my phone; Some are candid pictures of her smiling, pouting or even sulking which I find very adorable and other photos are our selfie photos, I wonder why I’m acting this way, I’ve never been like this before. I know I’m going crazy anytime soon if I’m still here thinking of her,  I have to do something, I take a jacket and grab my car key, I need to see her face.

 

It’s 11 p.m now and I’m in front of Hyomin’s house, the neighbor hood is queit in this time. I look up the second storey of the house, I can see the light is still on through the window, I guess Hyomin doesn’t go to bed yet. I scroll through her name and dial, the first and second, there is no answer until the third time, Hyomin picks it up.

“Hyomin” I greet her cheerfully.

“Hi, Jiyeon” she greets me back in weak tone

“What are you doing?” I ask to continue our conversation

“I’m doing my assignment, and you? She doesn’t sound convinced

“I’m in front of your house now” I look up to her room

“ ………..………………” Silence

“Can you please come down and see me for a while?” I see Hyomin lifting up the curtain and looks down on me

“Jiyeon, why are you here, it’s already late?” She asks, sounds disapproved that I’m here.

“I miss you Hyomin” I confess, this is the reason why I drove all the way here.

“ ………………………”  Silence

“Please”

 

Hyomin heaved a long sigh, she looked through her window and saw Jiyeon’s car down there, she got no choice but took a cardigan from her wardrobe, put it on and walked downstairs and out of her house, she opened the gate door and walked toward Jiyeon’s car, got in and closed the door. Upon seeing Hyomin’s face, Jiyeon smiled and Hyomin smiled back but not with her eyes, Jiyeon could see a different, she reached for Hyomin’s hand.

“Hyomin ah, can you tell me what I did wrong?” Jiyeon asked in vulnerable tone, if only she knew what she did wrong, she wouldn’t hesitate to apologize and fix it.

“You didn’t do anything wrong” Hyomin assured her girlfriend

“Why are you avoiding me then?” Jiyeon asked, staring into Hyomin’s eyes, she knew eyes wouldn’t lie

“I didn’t, I’ve just been busy” Hyomin told her

“You are not good at lying, Hyomin ah” Jiyeon knew her girlfriend had something in her mind. Hyomin bit her bottom lip nervously.

“Please let me know what is bothering you, at least take it out on me” Jiyeon pleaded, it did’t make her any happier to see her girlfriend like this.

 “Jiyeon ah” Hyomin said weakly

“Don’t you trust me?” Jiyeon asked, feelinh hurt that Hyomin wouldn’t let her in.

“It’s not like that Jiyeon” Hyomin quickly explained, Jiyeon wasn’t making it better for her.

“Then tell me what it is” Jiyeon pleaded

“Jiyeon , I “ Hyomin was hesitant.

“I’m going crazy seeing you being like this, Hyomin” Jiyeon said impatiently “Please” Jiyeon rubbed Hyomin’s hand gently

 

Hyomin went quiet, she had no idea how she was supposed to break out the thing she found out to her girlfriend because she was also very confused to the point that she wanted to stop thinking. The truth she found out recently kept her mind occupied with the train of throughts and carried various emotions. She was shocked to know that she had a twin sister who was long forgotten from her life, pieces of faded memory was back, she was happy to remember it . It made her curious to know where her sister was now, if she was happy, living a good life or even remembered her and why her mother kept this from her. On the other note, Hyomin came to realize of the coincidence that happened in her life that led her to meet Jiyeon, a photo of Jessica she saw, they didn’t only look alike but mostly identical as if they were twin. The idea of they were twin scared her, and she got more scared when thinking of the possibility that Jessica might be her sister, it broke her heart, a sister that she couldn’t even get a chance to see her face again or talked to her. Hyomin fought the urge to ask her mother about this but she wasn’t ready to take all of this at once. She avoided Jiyeon because it would only remind her of Jessica, what if her sister was really Jiyeon’s ex then what she was going to do, how she would deal with this. The more she thought about it, the more confused she got.

 

“Jiyeon, I’m scared” Hyomin couldn’t hold it anymore, she was tearing up. Jiyeon was startled to see Hyomin suddenly cried, she was sidling and embraced Hyomin in her arms.

“Jiyeon, I can’t even think straight, I’m confused” Hyomin cried, Jiyeon was soothing her back,

“Hyomin ah, remember you got me” Jiyeon didn’t really understand what Hyomin was going through, but it wasn’t something good for sure.

Jiyeon could feel wetness on her shoulder, she slowly broke the hug to wipe away Hyomin’s tear, this wasn’t what she wanted to see, she came all the way just to see Hyomin’s face and her smile that she missed so much. Jiyeon would rather hurt herself than to ever make Hyomin cry.

“Whatever you are going through, please know I’m here and you can always lean on me” Jiyeon rested her forehead on Hyomin’s forehead, their noses touched. Hyomin closed her eyes.

“Jiyeon, I want you to know no matter what happen, I believe in you, I believe in us” Hyomin spoke softly but Jiyeon could feel a strong commitment in those words.

“ And remember I love you” Hyomin closed the thin gap between them, sealing her lips with Jiyeon.

Jiyeon waited until Hyomin disappeared into her house to drive off, she was hoping to come here to see her girlfriend’s face to wash away her worry but she had to go back home with a heavy heart. Though she wasn’t sure what Hyomin was struggling with but this wasn’t a good sign, it made her heart go heavier. She would wait until Hyomin was ready to tell her.

*******************************

 

Hyomin decided to set aside her curiousity and worry to clear her mind of things and carried on her daily life, she had so many things to complete in a near future, especially the musical play so she wanted to focus on it. Reconsidering about it, her mother never mentioned about her sister or her father so she thought it would be better not to bring this up to hurt all of them, sometimes past should be left where it belonged, or at least she was buying sometimes for herself, if truth hurt then she would rather not to know about it, she didn’t want her worry to steal her happiness, conscience was fighting with feeling, and this time her feeling won.

Hyomin was on the back stage preparing for their academic musical play which she was a lead actress, she was putting her hands together and prayed. Even though she had many rehearsal, she couldn’t help it but felt nervous, she had put a lot of effort on this, she couldn’t afford to fail. Hyomin read supportive message sent by her girlfriend one last time before putting it back, she walked up to stage and stood behind curtain, waiting for her blocking, as soon as she appeared on stage, loud cheers and hand clapping were heard, for a second, Hyomin glanced at audiences and found a particular someone sitting in front low next to her mother and Eunjung, she felt so encouraged. Hyomin kicked off the play wth her singing part and continued until the end, at the curtain call, she got the loudest applause from the audience for her performace along with other actors, she smiled at her VIP guests , which were her mom, Eunjung’s father, Eunjung, Jiyeon and Soyeon. They later met her up at the back stage.

 

 “Good job dear, I’m so proud of you” Minyoung said and hugged her daughter.

“Thank you umma” Hyomin kissed her mother’s cheek.

“Well done Hyomin” Eunjung’s father said, patting her head adorably.

“Thank you uncle Ham” Hyomin smiled.

“Congratulation” Eunjung gave Hyomin a flower banquet

“Thanks Jungie” Hyomin embraced Eunjung for a hug.

“Won’t you say anything Jiyeonnie?” Soyeon nudged her sister who stood there smiling.

“You are beautiful” Jiyeon said

“Aish” Eungjung and Soyeon rolled their eyes, while Hyomin’s mother and Eunjung’s father laughed.

“The rest I’ll tell you later” Jiyeon made a eye contact with Hyomin.

“This kid is really” Soyeon remarked

 “As a special day for Hyomin, tonight I’ll treat you all a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant” Eunjung’s father announced

 “Jinja appa?” Eunjung asked

“Of course” Her father confirmed

“Appa, you are being biased, you never take me out for a nice dinner at fancy restaurant” Eunjung pretended to be hurt.

 “Don’t complain too much Jungie, our Hyomin deserves to be treated better than you” Eunjung’s father snapped

“See Jungie” Hyomin walked to hug uncle Ham’s arm.

“Fine, I’ll let it slip as it’s your day” Eunjung gave in. They just shook their heads at childish Eunjung.

 

Hyomin’s mother got on the same car with Eunjung’s father, while Soyeon with Eunjung and Hyomin with Jiyeon. They were heading to a restaurant for special dinner.

“Congratulation Hyomin ah, you did it perfectly” Jiyeon finally praised her girlfriend for her performance when they were alone in the car

“Thank you Jiyeon” Hyomin waited to hear at least one compliment for her special person.

“However I didn’t like a kiss scene” Jiyeon pouted

“It was a fake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter