The light

You are my tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyomin was standing in front of Jiyeon’s condo holding a bento box, contemplating whether to press on the door bell for good five minutes , “You can do this Sunyoung” Hyomin encouraged herself then pressed on a door bell, she waited for a few minutes then the door was opened.

 “Hi Jiyeon” Hyomin cheerfully greeted, Jiyeon was surprised to see Hyomin in front of her condo, she looked at her puzzled.

“Hi” Jiyeon awkwardly greeted back

“I made this for you” Hyomin informed, holding up bento box she was carrying, she then walked past Jiyeon into her condo as if it was her own, it made Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrow, she closed the door and followed Hyomin into kitchen.

“I guess you haven’t had breakfast yet, right?” Hyomin asked but actually she didn’t need the answer, she went straight to kitchen to put the food into plates.

“You don’t really have too J…, er Hyomin” Jiyeon said, glancing at her unexpected guest.  

“It’s ok” Hyomin replied, “Let’s eat this soup, it will help your bone fracture heals faster” Hyomin told her, gesturing to come and eat, like Hyomin’s word had its magical power, Jiyeon obediently did as she was told, she sat down at dining table eating food prepared by Hyomin quietly.

“It’s delicious” Jiyeon bluntly spoke, looking up at Hyomin who was sitting in front of her, expecting Jiyeon’s reaction.

“Really?” Hyomin asked

“Yes, it’s really good” Jiyeon really meant what she said.

“Thanks, I did it for a very first time, my mom used to cook for me when I had a broken leg when I was younger” Hyomin smiled widely.

“You must be good at cooking then” Jiyeon commented

“Not really” Hyomin was flattered by Jiyeon’s simple compliment, “So how is your arm?” Hyomin asked, changing subject.

“Just a bit painful” Jiyeon said nonchalantly but it made Hyomin feel guilty for being a reason of her injury.

“I’m sorry” Hyomin said quietly

“Nah, it’s not your fault, if there was someone to blame then it was that girl” Jiyeon pointed out, Hyomin was puzzled at first

“I saw a girl intentionally aimed to drop a flower pot on you” Jiyeon told her what she saw , Hyomin widened her eyes upon the information

“Don’t you think it was probably an accident?” Hyomin tried to be positive.

“I don’t think so” Jiyeon confirmed

Hyomin’s head was being loaded with flashback of the incident scenes, she couldn’t figure out as why someone who wanted to harm her and what if Jiyeon wasn’t there to save her.

Hyomin was snapped back to reality when she heard a sound plate clashing with sink, she got up and offered to help

“I’ll take care of it” Hyomin said

“Don’t worry, just keep it there” Jiyeon told but Hyomin took other plate from her, she cleaned up the rest and she did the dishes

“Just go and sit in living room” Hyomin told Jiyeon and again without any debate, Jiyeon obediently did as instructed when she threw herself on the couch, she mentally asked herself why she easily listened to Hyomin’s word.

Just then a door was opened, and Soyeon came in, she saw her sister on the couch and was surprised when she noticed Jiyeon’s arm, she was going to ask her sister what happened when she heard a girl’s voice from kitchen.

“Jiyeon, I’ll put the soup in the fridge so you can heat it up later” Hyomin told Jiyeon from kitchen, Soyeon turned her attention to the voice.

“Oh, did you take your medicine? Hyomin asked, walking to living room, she realized that someone else was in the room, she gave her an apologetic look while Soyeon stood still, frozen, she looked at the girl with widen eyes .

“Jessica?” Soyeon asked shockingly as if she saw a ghost .Soyeon met Jessica once when she visited Jiyeon in State but she saw a lot of pictures of her sent to her by Jiyeon, so she could clearly remember how she looked.  

Jiyeon acted fast to get rid of this awkward situation “This is my friend , Hyomin” Jiyeon introduced, “And Hyomin, this is my older sister, Soyeon” , Hyomin bowed her head at her while Soyeon still looked at Hyomin without blinking her eyes.

“It’s nice to meet you Soyeon ssi, I guess I have to take my leave now” Hyomin thought it should be a right time for her to leave and let them alone.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Hyomin” Soyeon smiled at her, trying to stay composed and acted normal carefully not to scare the younger girl.

“Thank you for coming, and your delicious food” Jiyeon said, smile plastered in her face naturally.

“You’re welcome, get well soon Jiyeon” Hyomin gave her a warm smile.

When Hyomin took her leave, Soyeon interrogated her sister about what happened and about the girl named Hyomin. Jiyeon boringly recalled of what happened and told her all she knew about Hyomin. While Jiyeon was story-telling about Hyomin, Soyeon could say that she saw a hopeful light in Jiyeon’s eyes, she was urging to find out who this Park Hyomin was, she was so amazed at how much she looked like Jessica. For a moment Soyeon was happy to see Jiyeon smiling again, a real one, if this was a fate, she believed Hyomin came into her sister’s life for a reason and she hoped the girl would be a light to guide Jiyeon out of the dark road of her past that she has dwelt in.

*************************

“Jessica” Hyomin thought about this name since she came back from Jiyeon’s condo, this was the second time she was called by this name, first Jiyeon and again her sister Soyeon, she was curious how much she looked like her that it was enough to make both sisters mistaking her for Jessica girl, who was Jessica, her train of thought was broken when Eunjung suddenly shouted at her ear.

“Yah, Park Sunyoung” Eunjung shouted at Hyomin’s ear because she noticed the later didn’t even realize her presence although she walked into Hyomin’s house for a few minutes.

“Eunjung ah” Hyomin murmured.

“Hey, who are you? Where is Park Sunyoung? What did you do to her? Eunjung playfully shook Hyomin’s shoulders because her friend went exceptionally quiet which it was unusual to her. Hyomin just responded Eunjung’s playful overacting with just a faint smile, which made Eunjung sat down and looked at her with a prank of worry.    

“Hey, is there anything bothering you? Eunjung asked concerned

“Nothing” Hyomin reassured with her cute smile “How was the party last night?” she asked the older girl.

“It was bored to death” Eunjung answered with a monotone “ Oh, but luckily I met a girl, we talked until I left the party” she added

“Ah, my Jungie has grown up” Hyomin said playfully patted Eunjung’s head

 “No, it’s not like that, I just saved her from a crazy guy, and we ended up sharing ideas about stuff and things, she wasn’t my type” Eunjung quickly denied, Hyomin gave her a questioning look

 “What is your type

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter