Virus

This is War
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]—ONE MONTH LATER—[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]The sun was shining into Lin’s room as she was still sleeping-- up until it was shining on her eyes as she forgot to close the blinds last night. She groggily opened her eyes as she groaned, suddenly sitting up on the bed she rubbed at her eyes; reaching for her cell phone underneath her pillow she got it out and looked at the time. 7:35AM. She clearly didn’t want to be awake this early, she plopped herself back down and went back to sleep.

 

Lin was sound asleep when there was a loud knock on her door, abruptly waking her up from her deep slumber. She ignored it as it kept on knocking; louder and louder.

 

“HONEY!” She heard her mother’s voice from the other end of the door.

 

“What?” Lin asked pulling the blanket over her head closing her eyes. It was too early for this. She wanted to sleep more.

 

“Get up,” She ordered very sternly. “You’ve got to come with me.”

 

Lin ruffled out of bed in clear irritation; meandering to the door she opened it. Her mother beamed a happy smile at her.

 

“Where’s Dad and where are we going?”

 

“Dad got called into work last minute; I want you to have brunch with me and then hanging out all day,” Lin’s mother replied. “Hurry up and get dressed. I’ll wait for you downstairs.” And with that, her mother walked down the stairs as Lin closed the bedroom door and trotted over to the closet looking for something to wear. When she picked it out she threw it on her bed sauntering into her bathroom she did her morning routine.

 

She got her cell phone out and shot Seungho a text as she began to worry. She was late for her period and she was never late before. 


'Seungho, I'm worried. -_-'

 

'What's wrong, babe?' 


'I'm late.'


'Wait, late for what?' 


'My period. ~_~ I've never been late before.'


'Are you suggesting something? ;-;'


'Never mind. I'm probably just stressing out a lot because of school.'


'Are you sure that's it?'


'I'm sure. ^^ Anyway, I'm going out with my mommy today. Talk to you later! ❤'


'Okay. Have fun! ❤'


Lin threw her phone into her purse as she got dressed into the outfit she chose; instantly putting on her flats. She grabbed her belongings and opened her door and sauntered downstairs as her mother waited patiently.


"I'm ready, mommykins!" Lin announced as her mother rose up from the couch and chuckled. 


"My silly pretty daughter," Lin's mother commented as she put her arms around her daughter's waist and they both walked to the garage and got into the car as her mother drove. They were off to have mother daughter time as they rarely got to do that nowadays due to them both always being busy. One always busy with work, and the other with schooling.

 

===

 

‘Out with my mommykins and we are eating pho! ^.^ You know I can never pass on going out to eat. ♡♡♡’

 

Lin updated on her blog site; LiveJournal as it was popular among the kids at school to update about their personal lives. What did Lin use it for? Mainly about food. Who could blame her, right? She always enjoyed a good meal, but who doesn’t?

“What did you want to do after this, honey?” Lin’s mom asked while eating her bowl of chicken noodle soup; looking at her daughter who ate in total happiness, like nothing in the world bothered her.

 

“I’m up for whatever you want to do.”

 

“How about we go for girl’s day? Manicure and pedicure?” Lin’s mom suggested; the thought occurring to her made her smile.

 

“I’ve already got mine done, but I can still go with you, mommykins~” Lin said smiling. “Wait, can I drop you off first because I want to borrow the car to get something and then I’ll be back to the nail salon.”

 

“What did you need?”

 

“Nothing in particular,” Lin shrugged.

 

“I can go with you and then we can go to the nail salon.”

 

“Never mind that then,” Lin replied.  It went silent between the two after that for a few moments; when suddenly Lin’s mom cleared gazing up at her daughter.

 

“Okay, you can drop me off and get whatever you have to get and then come by the nail salon.”

 

“I will.” Lin smiled a small smile at her loving and caring mother. They both finished up their bowl of Pho as Lin quickly rose up from the booth and went to the cash register to pay for it. She meandered back to the booth and threw some cash on the table as she left the tip, her mother groaning as her daughter paid for it; getting into the car Lin drove to the nail salon and dropped off her mother. After, she went to the convenience store. It really had crossed her mind all day whether it was really stress or the fact that she could be pregnant which caused her to be late. But, wait? How could she be pregnant when she was on the pill? She thought better of it anyway and decided to buy the pregnancy test. When she gets home from her mother daughter time she would check alone in her bathroom to find out. She only hoped that it would be ‘good news’.

 

===

 

It was late afternoon when Lin was done hanging out with her mother. The sun was shining and it was just rather hot and humid; Lin’s makeup practically melted off her face. She grabbed her purse and ran upstairs into her bedroom while locking the door. She didn’t need to have her mother barging in the room, not at a time like this; getting the pregnancy test out of her purse she inhaled and exhaled rather lou

Please log in to read the full chapter