It hurts

This is War
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]It Hurts[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

—NEXT DAY—

 

School was the most dreadful for everyone that was Lin’s friend. They were missing her like no other and it felt different without her there. The day was somber as they were glad when the bell had rung letting them know that it was time to go home—but no one really wanted to go just yet. They all hung around the parking lot of the school around their parked vehicles.

 

“This day was terrible,” Chanhyo spoke while sighing heavily, clinging herself to Cheolyong as she wrapped her arms around him tightly placing her head on his chest—his arms wrapped securely around her. Chanhyo felt like she was in her safe haven. Everyone’s eyes wandered towards the two as their mouth agape but no one dared ask; they kept their mouth shut. If they were dating, they’ll announce it sooner or later; most likely waiting.

 

“Tell me about it.” Junhyung agreed rolling his eyes. He was annoyed with this day and he just wanted it to be over in its entirety.

 

“Yeah, I’m just thankful that the school day is over at least,” Seungho softly spoke while procuring his car keys out of his pocket, peering his eyes towards his girlfriend’s best friend—Chanhyo. “Do you mind taking Cheolyong home?”

 

“I don’t mind,” Chanhyo paused as she lifted her head up from Cheolyong’s chest and gazed at Seungho. “Are you going straight to the hospital?” Seungho nodded, not saying another word.

 

“Can I come with?” Byunghee inquired.

 

“Probably not,” Seungho sighed. “I plan on staying there and I’m not leaving.”

 

“Hyung,” Yoseob spoke, worrisome perched in his tone of voice. “I know you’re worried about Lin noona, but you should also worry about yourself.”

 

“Did you even sleep last night?” Changsun questioned, authority high in his voice all while he crossed his arms—scrutinizing at his basketball teammate. He worried about Seungho’s self being.

 

“I’m sure he didn’t,” Cheolyong blabbed. “All night I heard him crying in his bedroom.”

 

“Did he at least eat?” Cheondung questioned, staring at his best friend. Cheolyong nodded no; Seungho immediately shot his younger brother the stank eye, snitching on him to his friends. If only Seungho had the energy to argue back.

 

“You need to eat, Seungho hyung,” Dongwoon chimed in placing his pastry in front of Seungho’s face. “Please eat the pastry bread; it’ll at least give you the energy to drive to the hospital.”

 

“It hurts,” Seungho silently sobbed—his heart hurting him as it was tugging him hard. “Everything hurts. I try to be strong, but I don’t know how much longer I can hang on.”

 

“Bro, if you feel the need to let it all out, just cry.” Byunghee encouraged as he embraced his friend in a hug. “Don’t hold it in. Let it all out,”

 

“That’s it,” Changsun said, his voice stern. “You’re not driving to the hospital. If you want to go there, I’m taking you. Give me your keys,” Seungho didn’t fight it—he handed his keys willingly to his good friend as they both meandered inside the vehicle as Changsun waved farewell to everyone, placing his hands on 10 and 2 and drove off in a hurried manner.

 

“This is random,” Byunghee spoke out of the blue as he peered at everyone that was left.

 

“What’s random?” Dongwoon shrugged.

 

“Has anyone seen Yuri as of late?”

 

“To be quite honest,” Gina chimed in with the voice of an angel as she spoke. “I haven’t seen her since the baby shower.”

 

“Why am I not surprised the hasn’t shown up to school?” Yoseob hissed; annoyance presence in his tone. He truly disliked Kang Yuri—there was just something about her that he didn’t like, according to Yang Yoseob she was such a fake poser, not that anyone could blame him because she was what she showed to the world.

 

“Speaking of people not showing up to school,” Dujun murmured. “Kikwang wasn’t in school today.”

 

“Poor Kiki,” Chanhyo muttered as she sighed softly. “He went through a lot in just one day; I cannot blame him for missing school today.”

 

“If that was me being in his situation, I honestly don’t know what I’d do.” Cheondung disclosed as he rose up from leaning on the car and stood up straight, gazing at his friends worried for their mental health and how much this is taking a toll on each and every one of them.

 

“Come on guys,” Chanhyo croaked, quickly clearing . “There’s nothing else that we can do, let’s just go on about our day. I have to take Cheolyongie home,” She sighed as she procured her keys from her purse and unlocked the doors to her vehicle.

 

“Yeah, I’ll see you guys later.” Cheolyong murmured; opening the passenger door to Chanhyo’s car and sauntered inside closing it behind him as Chanhyo waved goodbye to everyone and got into the driver side, starting up the ignition and drove off to their destination.

 

 

Junhyung walked into a nice and quiet restaurant right after he left the school to meet up with Kikwang, whom didn’t show up to school. Kikwang was sitting in the way back as Junhyung strolled over taking a seat across from him in the secluded booth.

 

“Thanks for meeting me for lunch, hyung.” Kikwang commented as he forced a small smile.

 

“No problem, you didn’t miss much today anyway.” Junhyung bluntly replied. “Today was a tough day, I’m just glad the school day is over. I’m just waiting for this day to end,”

 

“That tough, huh?” Kikwang shrugged his shoulders as he inquired those words. He was thankful he didn’t show up to school, then. He certainly didn’t want to be another downer since he was still feeling like he was to blame that their friend Lin was in this situation. Right now, it felt like life and death because they weren’t sure if Lin would ever wake up from her coma.

 

“Yeah, the day was just dreadful.” Junhyung sighed in frustration—averting his eyes towards his younger friend. “You’re still blaming yourself for the situation that was totally out of your control?”

 

“You don’t understand,” Kikwang grimaced. “You weren’t there when she was bleeding out, hyung. If you were there, you’d understand my condition. It hurt me to see her lying there and there was nothing that I could absolutely do. Maybe, just maybe if I arrived sooner than I had, I would have been able to save her.”

 

“It’s not your fault,” Junhyung murmured; unsure of what else to say at this point. He was at a loss for words. His friend was pouring out his heart to him and he felt useless.

 

“You guys may say it wasn’t my fault, but I feel like it is.” Kikwang admitted as he felt highly aggravated with himself that he began to tug at his somewhat long dark tresses—tears welling in his eyes, trying super hard to keep his tears from flowing. “I will keep blaming myself until she wakes up.” Junhyung sighed heavily as he shrugged his shoulders in agitation.

 

“Please just stop

Please log in to read the full chapter