Papa YG

Songs in A Battlefield (3rd Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

The next morning Lia woke up when she heard the doorbell. She groaned as she rolled over to her sides and smiled at the sight of Ji Yong sleeping peacefully. She brushed aside the hair in his face and leaned in to kiss him on the nose. “Annyeong, Ji Oppa,” she whispered to him.

His eyes flickered opened. “Hi, Bubbles,” he said in a soft and sweet voice.

She smiled widely. “I thought you were still sleeping.”

He pulled her close to him. “Well, now I’m awake.” He kissed her deeply.

Lia felt someone — or something — her back. She turned and laughed. “Gaho!” she exclaimed, sitting up. She hugged the dog. “What are you doing here?”

Ji Yong sat up next to her, bemused. How did his dog get in? He was pretty sure he’d closed the door. He looked up and saw Tae Yang looking at them through the gap.

He shook his head as he leaned his head down and kissed Lia softly.

“Eh, you know, Gaho me there,” she told him, giggling.

He pulled away, raising an eyebrow. “Oh? Gaho, you are a bad, bad dog. What are you doing, my girlfriend like that?” To her, he said, “Does it taste nice?” He grabbed her and planted a wet kiss on her lips.

Gaho got off her lap and went to lie down at their feet. He snoozed.

Lia pushed him off, laughing. “Oppa!”

He smiled and jumped on her, causing her to fall backward and him on top of her. He kissed her sweetly again. She stopped resisting and kissed him back.

They used to do this every morning when Lia was here, except Gaho was never there to interrupt them.

Suddenly they heard the boys making a loud noise and it was getting closer to their door. They exchanged glances and Lia hurried to the bathroomjust as the door opened. Ji Yong was making the bed. He turned around to see his friends entering with people from the news cast for the weekly Wake Up Big Bang TV special.

“Annyeong haseyo,” he said brightly to the video camera. He bowed. Then he looked at Tae Yang. “Thanks for sending Gaho in to wake me up.”

The others glared at Tae Yang who just smiled sheepishly.

“I guess there’s no point in waking him up since he’s already awake,” Dae Sung grumbled as they all went back out.

TOP remained behind. “Mei is in the bathroom, right?” he asked once the others were out of earshot.

As if on cue, Lia poked her head out from the bathroom door. “Are they gone?” They nodded and she walked out to them. “What are they doing here? I thought they only come on Thursday? It’s Tuesday today.”

TOP shrugged. “Who knows? It’s a good thing Young Bae let Gaho in to warn you. If not . . .” He left it hanging.

Big Bang didn’t want to expose Lia as Ji Yong’s girlfriend just yet. The world already knows that she’s TOP’s little sister. If they find out she’s with Ji Yong, it might be worse. And if Ji Yong’s fans find out, it might cause him his career. Lia was okay with hiding because she didn’t want to destroy their career. She knew how much it means to them.

“We’re taking you to YG Entertainment today,” Ji Yong told her. “President wants to finally meet you.”

Lia gulped. “Uh, okay,” she said nervously. “What for?”

“He said it’s a high time he meet my little sister and Ji Yong’s love interest,” TOP replied. “Don’t worry; he’ll like you.”

Ji Yong hugged her. “Everybody loves you,” he added.

Lia felt nervous but she didn’t want to let her favorite people down. “Okay.” She went to bathe.

When she came out, Ji Yong went inside. She went out for breakfast after slipping on a casual brown singlet and checkered shorts. She sat down at the table in between of Dae Sung and Seung Ri. “What’s for breakfast?” she asked her brother.

“It’s noodles,” he said, placing a bowl of noodles in front of her.

She took a bite and immediately felt like throwing up. She paused, looking around. The boys seemed perfectly fine as they ate. She took another bite and nearly choked.

Seung Ri looked up. “Are you okay, Lia?” he asked worriedly.

She nodded, trying to hide her discomfort. “Yeah,” she said, waving her hand. “The food went down the wrong tube. That’s all.”

“Ah, okay.” He went back to his food.

Lia forced herself to take another bite. Slowly, she thought. Just eat it slowly. Maybe it won’t be so bad.

But there was no escaping it. Finally, after a few forced bites she decided she had enough. She pushed her bowl away. “Dae Sung Oppa, if you’re still hungry, you can have my food.”

TOP looked at her bowl and frowned. “You hardly even ate anything.”

Dae Sung’s face fell. “Does this mean I can’t eat?”

Lia pushed it to him. “It’s all yours,” she replied. She looked to her brother and winced at his hurt expression. “Sorry, Oppa,” she said. “It’s delicious. I’m just not a breakfast person. That’s all.”

She got up just as Ji Yong came out, his hair all wet from his bath. “Oh, you finished so fast?” he asked.

She nodded and went inside his room to grab her stuff.

“She barely ate,” TOP grumbled.

Ji Yong looked back at his door. “Is she okay?” he asked.

Dae Sung shrugged. “She gave me her food,” he said happily.

He whacked him on the head as he sat down. “Yah, you greedy pig,” he snapped as he ate his own breakfast.

“What’s wrong with you?” Tae Yang asked him.

He shrugged. He wasn’t sure why but he had a bad feeling about her not being able to eat breakfast.

TOP stared at him. “She’s not pregnant, is she?” he asked.

He looked up blankly. “What?” He choked on his food. “No! I swear, hyung, we never did anything! Really! She’s still a . I swear on my life.”

TOP frowned. “I believe you.” He turned to the other members. “You didn’t do anything to her, did you?” he asked menacingly.

Everyone turned to Seung Ri. He frowned. “What?” he asked irritably. “I may like her but even I’m not low enough to do that to her and lideo.”

Ji Yong got up and went to his room to make sure Lia was all right. He found her on his bed. “You okay?”

She looked up and smiled as he made his way over to her. “Yeah, of course. I was just wondering why I have to sleep in your room when I usually take the guest room.”

“Oh, really?” He raised an eyebrow. “Are you saying you don’t want to sleep with me?” he teased.

She blushed. “Anni —”

He wrapped his arms around her waist. “Nah, the room is a little messy since Dong Wook sunbae stayed over here one time,” he explained. “And we haven’t had the time to clean it up.”

“Oh. I could clean it up for you guys,” Lia offered.

He shook his head. “It’s okay, Bubbles. We can do it.” He stood up. “Now, let’s go! It’s time to go to YG Entertainment now.” He held out his hand to her and she took it. He pulled her up and they walked out of the room.

Big Bang and Lia headed off for the YG Entertainment building. It was a good day for them. The President was out so Lia got to see them practice for their new album. She heard them record the new songs their album. She smiled, lucky to be the first fan to hear. Every-one in the YG Family welcomed Lia and she felt so right at home.

Half an hour later before their lunch break, he came. Lia was too busy watching the guys practice their dance that she did not notice him until he was beside her. “Hello. You must be Seunghyun’s yeodongsaeng.”

She jumped and turned. “Oh!” She bowed her head. “Annyeong . . . er . . .” She wasn’t sure what to call him. She hung her head. “I’m sorry, sir, but I don’t know what to call you,” she mumbled.

He smiled. She’s very polite, he thought. “Ah, you can call me President like how everyone else does,” he replied. “You are Choi Seunghyun’s yeodongsaeng, yes?”

She nodded.

“I see.” He looked at her. “What do I call you? I understand your name is actually Jun Mei but you have been living with the name Lia for a long time now.”

“I’m more familiar with Lia, honestly.”

“Then Lia it is. As you would know, I am the President of YG Entertainment,” he said cheerily. “I take it that you are very close to the boys of Big Bang and that Ji Yong is your boyfriend?”

“Ah, I . . .” Lia blushed. She nodded.

He folded his arms. “I see. Do you love him very much?”

She looked at Ji Yong and he smiled from his dance. She smiled back, waving a little. “Yes, I do,” she replied. “I love him so much. It was hard, being away from him. But now I’m glad I can be with him.”

The President nodded. “I think of him as a son,” he told her. “I care about him very much. I’ve known him since he was twelve. I have to say, he’s been very happy these few months and I heard it was because of you. It was as if he strived very hard to get Big Bang where they are at now: a successful point of life just for you,” he said.

“Really?” Lia felt so touched. She never knew about it. She knew Big Bang was getting more and more successful but she didn’t know it was because Ji Yong was doing his best, just for her.

He nodded again. “Yes, I believe so. Ji Yong loves you,” he answered.

Just then a lady came up to him and said something in Korean. He turned back to Lia. “It is nice meeting you, Lia. I hope I can get to know you better in the future. I’ll be off now.”

Lia bowed her head. “Bye, President. Have a good day!”

The President smiled as he walked away. He turned to the lady, who was his assistant. “I like Lia,” he said to her as they walked out of the dance studio. “I think she will be a good influence on the boys.” He stopped to watch Lia as Big Bang came over to her.

He watched her joke around with them and saw their smiling faces. His gaze landed on Ji Yong and saw a look he’d never seen him look at any girls before: it was a look of pure and true love.

The way Ji Yong kept staring at her, it was as if he was seeing her for the first time.

He smiled, already having a good feeling about Lia.