Start the Party

Songs in A Battlefield (3rd Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

Later that evening, Lia was giving TOP a massage in her room after he got cramps for staying in one position for an hour.

“This is what you guys get for being so cocky,” Lia was telling him as she massaged his shoulders.

He closed his eyes, liking the feeling. “Mm, I’ll get you back.”

She giggled. “That’s what Ji Oppa said and I still haven’t seen anything.”

He opened one eye. “Oh yeah?” He turned around and began to tickle her, knowing her weak spots.

She squealed. “Noooooo!!!” she laughed. “Get off me!”

He tickled her until he was sure she had enough before stopping. He smirked at her and wrapped his arms around his sister’s small body, pulling her close to him. He studied her face and saw a glint of happiness in her eyes. “Mei Mei, does he make you happy?” he asked her softly.

Lia nodded. “Yes,” she replied. “I’ve never been happier. I get this feeling inside of me where I just want to always be with him, and to see him smile all the time.”

“He doesn’t try to do any funny business with you, does he?”

She shook her head. “He is a gentleman. I feel safe when I am with him,” she answered.

He nodded, relieved with the answers. “I noticed he has been a lot more . . . intimate . . . than before,” he added casually. “Why do you think is that?”

She shot him a suspicious look. “What’s your aim?” she asked bluntly.

“What’s going on?” he asked, not caring to beat around the bush anymore. “I know there’s nothing going on but I just can’t help feeling a little suspicious of his behavior around you.”

“I know what you mean about the feeling of suspicion,” she muttered.

“Humor me here, will you?”

She shrugged. “Look, after we broke up, I guess we realized it was too painful to lose each other so now we just want to let each other know how much we love one another. Is that so wrong?”

He bit his bottom lip, not quite believing his sister. He hesitated.

“You don’t believe me, do you?” Lia pulled away from him.

But he pulled her back. “I don’t know, Mei. It’s not you I don’t trust; it’s him. I’ve known him longer than you do and I know what he is like. I believe he’s changed but the looks on his face when he sometimes stares at you and the way he showers you with kisses let me know that he wants more than what you guys have; he wants . I know it’s only natural, but I don’t like it if it’s with my baby sister.”

“I’m not seven anymore,” she said quietly. Lia didn’t want to fight with her brother so she stood up and walked to the window.

He went after her. “I’m sorry.” He hugged her from behind, his tall body towering over hers. “But can you blame me for being overly protective? I love you, Mei.”

She leaned back in his chest.

He kissed her on the forehead as Dae Sung knocked on the door saying, “Hyung, maknae is looking for you in your room.”

TOP squeezed her shoulders before leaving.

Lia went back to her bed and got under her blankets, aware that Dae Sung came to her and got in as well. She closed her eyes and felt him snuggling close to her, putting his arms around her. She could feel his breath on her face. “What are you thinking?” he asked.

When she opened her eyes, she was face-to-face with him. He no longer had that smile on his face but a concern one replaced it instead.

She shook her head and reached her hand up to touch his face. “It’s nothing,” she lied. “I was just thinking of today, that’s all.”

His smile was back. “Did you have fun?”

She nodded sincerely. “This is probably the second best birthday ever,” she replied.

“Second best?” Dae Sung repeated.

“The first was when I found my parents, two years ago,” she explained.

“Ah.” He scratched his neck. “Then what did you do for your birthday last year?”

“Nothing special.”

He hugged her and she buried her face in his chest, smelling his familiar scent. Someone else then got in bed and placed his hand on her hip. She turned her head to see Tae Yang smiling sweetly at her.

She smiled back. She closed her eyes and the three of them fell asleep, exhausted.

Ji Yong walked into the room to look for his clothes but he got a shock when he saw them sleeping on the bed. He stood there, frozen. But then he smiled.

Seung Ri and TOP came in, wondering where everyone were. They stopped short when they saw what Ji Yong was seeing.

He turned to them. “You know, sometimes, I forget how precious Lia means to all of us,” he said. “I mean, she’s so precious to me that I forget that she means just as much to you guys than to me.”

TOP nodded. “I know what you mean,” he replied.

 

Tae Yang sat up and found Lia and Dae Sung still fast asleep. He Lia’s hair gently before getting out of bed and walking out of the room, where the others were busy decorating the place for Lia’s surprise party. He decided to join them, helping them with the finishing touches.

Meanwhile, inside the room, Lia was just walking up. She propped herself up with her elbow and smiled when Dae Sung smiled back at her. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as Ji Yong came in.

“Oh, you sleepy pigs are finally awake,” he laughed.

Dae Sung rolled off bed, smiling at his leader sheepishly for sleeping in the same bed as his girlfriend. “I’ll talk to you later, Lia,” he said and he left the two of them alone.

Ji Yong got in bed, where Dae Sung once laid, and kissed Lia tenderly. “Hello, Bubbles,” he said. “I missed you.”

She giggled, letting him wrap his strong arms around her. “I missed you too. Were you jealous?” she wanted to know.

He nodded. “Only I should be sleeping with you,” he joked. “No one else can. I’m not sharing you with any of them. You’re mine, and always will be.”

Lia laughed and shook her head in mock disappointment. “I thought you trust me,” she joked back. “I guess I was wrong.”

He laughed and squeezed her tight. “You are mine,” he said in a kid-like voice. He nuzzled her gently. Actually he was okay with Lia sleeping with Tae Yang and Dae Sung because he knows they only love her as a little sister. If it had been Seung Ri, that would have been a totally different case. He would beat the crap out of the maknae if he ever tries to get that close to his girl.

She smiled, closing her eyes. “Mmm, I’m hungry, oppa.”

He got up from the bed. “Eh, why didn’t you tell me earlier? I actually came in here to tell you dinner is ready.” He placed his hands on his hips, pursing his lips and pretended to glare at her. “Naughty girl,” he scolded. “You distracted me with your iness.” He gasped in a dramatic way.

She rolled her eyes. “Did I really distract you?” she asked.

He got back in bed. “Yeah, actually, you did,” he admitted.

She giggled.

“Now come on; let’s go for dinner.”

Lia pouted. “Awww, but I want to stay in bed with you a little bit more.” Her stomach betrayed her by giving a loud growl.

He burst out laughing and she blushed. “I think your stomach disagrees,” he teased.

“Shut up!” She laughed along with him and he pulled her out of the bed. He dragged her out of the room.

Lia blinked, surprised at the decoration she saw before her very eyes. “I don’t believe this. I cannot believe this!” she exclaimed. “I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you guys!”

Big Bang laughed with relieved, glad she liked the surprise. They all ate and partied like there was no tomorrow.

 

Seung Ri woke up the next morning. He rolled over and checked the time. It was six-thirty. He groaned. He rolled to his other side and for the millionth time every morning, he wished Lia was sleeping next to him. Yesterday, when he saw Lia sleeping with Tae Yang and Dae Sung, he had to admit he felt jealous. He wanted her badly.

His heart ached for the love from someone that he was never going to get as long as she remained faithfully in love with Ji Yong.

He couldn’t go back to sleep so he decided to go watch television. He was surprised to see Lia sprawled over the sofa, blanket covering her up. He frowned. Why is she sleeping out here instead of being with Ji Yong?

He wandered over to her, squatted down and touched her cheeks. Her eyes flew opened at the physical contact.

“Why are you sleeping out here?” he asked her curiously.

She sighed, pulling the blanket up closer. “Ji Oppa snores,” she complained.

He chortled. “You know, you could have come in our room. You could have slept with your brother.”

She shrugged. “I didn’t think of that.”

He smiled. “Move over,” he told her. “I want to watch TV. I can’t sleep.”

She sat up to let him sit on the sofa before she lied back down, resting her head on his lap and falling back asleep.

Seung Ri tried to concentrate on the show but Lia distracted him. He pulled the blanket up to keep her warm. He watched her as she slept, hearing her soft and steady breaths. She was so small and so beautiful, even as she sleeps. He caressed her shoulder gently.

A door swung opened and he winced when he saw Ji Yong coming out. He took one look at the maknae and another at Lia sleeping. His face hardened. Without another word, he came over to them, took Lia in his arms and carried her gently back to their room. A few minutes later he came back out and sat down opposite of Seung Ri. “She’s my girlfriend,” he said to him flatly.

“I know.”

“I don’t want to fight you,” he went on, “but I do need to remind you not do try to do anything to her.”

Seung Ri was getting irritated with him. “I know, okay?” he snapped. “If I want to win her over, I’ll do it when you guys break up.”

Ji Yong clenched his fist. “That,” he snarled through gritted teeth, “will never happen again as long as I’m here. I was a fool when I broke up with her; I’m not going to repeat the same mistake twice.”

“Then you have nothing to worry about,” Seung Ri said sarcastically.

Ji Yong just scowled and went back to his room, shutting the door behind him.

Seung Ri heard a click and he knew Ji Yong had locked the door. Frustrated, he punched the pillow. He turned the TV off and decided to sleep on the sofa.