Lia's Outburst

Songs in A Battlefield (3rd Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

She sang sweetly:

 

Open that box, what do you find?

A box filled with wonderful memories of mine.

It's filled with things I cherish as gold;

Gold that is forever mine to hold.

 

They may be simple, they may be nothing.

But to me, they are simply something.

The things in my box contain my past,

And things that are yet to come.

 

Letters, pictures, drawings and notes,

Key chains, poems, and even old quotes:

Bring the memories back like yesterday,

Playing each moment like a rewind tape.

 

Remember the time we laughed so hard till we cried?

The time we knew we couldn't our elbows, yet we still tried?

The times you were there for me, though I wasn't for you,

When my problems disappeared because you helped me get through.

 

Remember when I said we needed a break, because it hurts?

I'm sorry for that; I never meant to be such a jerk.

We're friends again, but I don't regret all I had said.

I just wish it didn't destroy what we had.

 

I remember the days we were young and immature.

The two of us would plan our whole future together.

You and me, that's all we needed,

Now look at us, we're just too darn busy.

 

Friendships and love have always been made.

But time after time, it will start to fade.

We drift away, we lose contact.

Now it's too late to get it back.

 

I'm scared, it hurts, to say goodbye.

I don't ever want to let this fly.

In a blink of an eye, the year will end.

But remember this, my dear sweet friends.

 

One day we'll go our separate ways.

But before we leave, just let me say:

‘Though we're far but in our hearts

Know that we will never part’

 

When she strummed the last chord, he walked up to her, clapping softly. She looked up, startled. “Wow, that was a beautiful song,” he commented, smiling.

She blushed, smiling a bit. “Thanks. I wrote it,” she said shyly. “The title of the song is My Memory Box.”

He smiled, sitting next to her. “Seriously, you’ve got potential, Lia,” he remarked. He nodded to his guitar. “And that is my guitar you’re using, by the way.”

She smiled sheepishly. “Ah, I’m sorry,” she said. “I was going to ask but I didn’t see you.”

He shook his head. “It’s okay,” he replied. “You can borrow it whenever. Just leave a note saying you have it on my stand so I won’t have to wonder where it went.”

She giggled. “Okay.”

He couldn’t help but notice she was almost back to her normal happy self and no longer the sad girl. That was a good thing. He had missed that girl.

Lia seemed to know what he was thinking; she always had been able to. That was a great advantage when they were still together. They understood how one another felt without needing to say anything, that was the beauty of the love they had. Even though they have broken up, they still understood each other. That was something from their relationship that will remain unchanged. She turned away, embarrassed. “Ji Yong Oppa?”

“Yes, Lia?”

She hesitated. “Have I . . . changed a lot?”

“You already know the answer,” he replied. “Yes, you have changed. Lia, honestly, we all feel as though we don’t know you anymore. We all know you’re avoiding us. Why, we just don’t know.”

“I did it for a reason,” she muttered.

He grasped her chin and looked into her eyes. “And what reason would that be, hmm?” he demanded to know. “Why are you avoiding us? Lia, don’t you know how worried we all are about you? Why won’t you tell us?”

Lia broke away from him. She gave his guitar back to him and ran to the bathroom. He could hear her sobs. Ji Yong sighed in despair, setting his guitar gently on the floor before lying back on her soft bed, spreading his arms wide open.

“Lia is being impossible,” he heard Seung Ri muttering from above him.

He looked and sighed. “Tell me about it,” he said.

Seung Ri sat down next to him, putting his palms together. “What are we going to do, hyung?” he asked. “I don’t want to lose her but I feel like I am. It’s driving me so crazy, not knowing why she’s avoiding all of us. It’s not like her. She’s usually so . . . happy and everything. Now she’s always crying, keeping to herself. I don’t like it.”

Ji Yong nodded sympathetically. “I don’t like it either. I heard Young Bae and Dae Sung tried talking to her but they ended up getting her angry instead,” he informed the maknae. “Hyung hasn’t tried yet though. Hopefully we can get results from him.”

“I tried your way, actually,” Seung Ri said. “That when she’s sad, just hug her and she’ll tell you the problem. It didn’t work. Maybe not for this secret she’s hiding.”

“I got the same results Young Bae and Dae Sung got,” Ji Yong replied.

He nodded. “I heard.”

They both stood up when they heard the front door opened. The others were back. They exchanged glances and nodded once; they were going to have a talk with the others about what to do about Lia.

“Hey,” Tae Yang greeted them, taking the leash of Boss.

TOP, sweating bullets, noticed they came out from Lia’s room. His heart skipped a beat, knowing that the two of them probably tried to talk to Lia. “Any luck with the girl?” he asked them with a hopeful look on his face.

They shook their heads and his face fell with disappointment. “Not at all,” they said in perfect unison, sitting down on the sofa at the same time. They sighed.

Dae Sung sighed, wiping his sweat off with his face towel. “Aish, that girl,” he grumbled under his breath.

“We need to talk about Lia,” Seung Ri said. “It’s important.”

TOP nodded. “Let’s all sit down and talk about this,” he agreed. “I want to settle this. I don’t want my sister acting like this anymore. It’s gone too far.”

They all sat down around the coffee table. There was a moment of silence as the five of them all were wondering what they should say, where do they begin.

“What do you think happened?” Dae Sung finally spoke up.

“When did this even started?” Tae Yang stated. “That’s the most important thing. We can backtrack from there.”

“It started when I got sick,” Ji Yong replied, remembering. “She was vomiting and didn’t want to see the doctor, kicking us whenever we tried to take her.” He shook his head. “She was always so stubborn.”

“She also refused to eat,” Seung Ri chimed in. “She would say she had no appetite to eat and would just go back to her room.”

“Wait, hang on,” TOP said, “the eating bit is slightly off. She hasn’t been eating properly in a long time.”

“Ever since she came to live with us,” Tae Yang recalled.

“Do you think it’s because she wants to lose weight?” Ji Yong asked worriedly. “Why do you think she does? She’s beautiful.”

Seung Ri was too upset that his girlfriend wasn’t talking to him about her problems to even glare at him for saying that.

“Maybe it’s because she’s depressed,” Dae Sung spoke up.

TOP shook his head. “I don’t think it’s that, Dae. She was happily in love with Ji Yong at that time. And now she’s happily in love with maknae.”

“Or at least it seemed like she used to,” Seung Ri muttered, scowling darkly. Everyone knew he was upset; they all were. “If she loves me like you said she does, she would’ve told me what is eating her up.”

“So then what do you guys think is the real problem?” TOP asked impatiently.

“I hate you guys.”

Big Bang looked up to see Lia standing over them, glowering with piercing eyes. Her eyes flashed with anger, hurt written all over her face. They exchanged glances, knowing she was beyond angry; she was downright furious. They were shocked, frankly, for they had never seen her so angry like this before. What happened to the sweet Lia they all knew and loved?

Where did she go?

“We’re trying to help —” Tae Yang started to say.

“When are you guys going to get it through your thick skulls that I’m not avoiding you?” she practically shouted, tears of anger pouring down her face. “I’m freakin’ busy, okay?! I have tons of work to do and I’m tired and cranking! Do you think I want to work darn hard?” she asked them. “I want rest! But I can’t take rest! From Monday to Friday I’m at the café, trying to earn money to save up for things so when I buy things I know it’s my own money and not yours. I come home, tired, wanting peace and yet I get interrogated by you guys, asking me not for the first time why am I ignoring you.”

Ji Yong’s eyes grew wide. “Lia —”

“Shut up,” Lia snarled. “On Saturdays, I spend my morning doing all the house chores while you all are at YG. By the time lunch roll by, I have to walk the dogs. In the afternoon I am stuck doing my school work. Just because I’m homeschooled doesn’t mean I can slack off whenever I want to as much as I wish.”

Seung Ri tugged on her hand. “Lia, calm down,” he pleased.

She snatched her hand away. “I am just so tired of all of you looking at me with hurt on your faces. You don’t know what I’m going through. You have no freakin’ idea!”

“We’re worried,” Dae Sung tried.

“And I keep telling you that you don’t need to!” she screeched.

"Do you have an eating disorder?” TOP asked her.

“I don’t know and I don’t care! Maybe I do have an eating disorder!” she continued. “No, it’s not because I want to lose weight. I’m not becoming anorexic. I don’t know why but that is just how it is. Believe me, I want to eat. I am freakin’ STARVING! I haven’t had a proper meal in so long! I don’t know why every time I try to eat I feel like puking. If I force myself to eat, I’ll vomit. So I really don’t know! Just leave me alone!

And with that, she turned around and ran back to her room, breaking into sobs, leaving Big Bang stunned in silence.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, just wanna let you know that the 'We're Just Friends' and Lia's songs are originally written by me (:

Aannndddd cos I'll be going off for a *stinking* holiday *thatIdontevenwanttogoto* I'll be on hiatus for the weekends. I promise I'll update more next week (:

Hope you enjoyed the updates :D