Se7en and Puppies

Songs in A Battlefield (3rd Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

Lia wandered around the hall, feeling rather bored. The boys were busy with their recordings so they couldn’t entertain Lia. She decided to explore the place instead. She walked past the hall and turned to a sharp corner when she accidentally bumped into someone who was going her way as well.

“Omo, mianhae,” she quickly said. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t see —”

“Oh, it’s okay,” the person replied.

Her jaw fell opened when she realized who she had bumped into. She then blushed and looked away after realizing she had been staring.

He chuckled, amused. “I’ve never seen you around here before. Could you be a new trainee?”

She shook her head. “Uh, no,” she replied. “I’m TOP’s little sister.”

Recognition flickered in his eyes. “Oh, right. I remember President telling about that.” He smiled warmly at her and extended a hand to her, which she took it and shook on it. “I’m Choi Dong Wook, otherwise known as Se7en,” he said.

She bowed. “Annyeong, Dong Wook-sshi,” she said.

He shuffled in his position as he fell to her steps. “So, why is the great almighty Dragon’s girlfriend wandering around by herself?” he asked with a grin.

She blushed. “Oh, you know?” But then she paused. “Wait. How many people know about me and Ji Oppa?”

He nonchalantly shrugged. “Everyone in the YG Family?” he guessed. “It’s okay, as long as the media doesn’t know about it.”

She nodded. “Oh. I see.”

“So, to answer my question . . . ?”

She smiled and shrugged. “I was bored so I decided to take a tour,” she explained.

“By yourself?” Se7en scoffed. “That’s not very fun. Come on.” He took her hand. “I’ll give you a tour since I’m free.” He tugged her on her hand and she followed.

She shook her head, amused. Knowing Big Bang has its advantages, she thought. I already met the girls from 2NE1. Now I met Se7en. Who will I get to meet next?

 

It was already ten in the night when Big Bang were able to go home. Where is Lia?

“Did anyone see where Lia went?” Dae Sung asked, looking around.

“I saw her go out,” Ji Yong spoke up. “But I don’t know which direction she went.”

“Aish, this girl,” TOP muttered darkly. He took out his phone to dial her number.

“Ah, found her.” Tae Yang said, pointing.

They all turned to see Lia coming inside the practice room. They were surprised to see her laughing and not alone.

“Dong Wook sunbae!” Ji Yong called out, surprised.

Se7en smiled at them. “Annyeong,” he said as Lia skipped over to them. “I hope you don’t mind me kidnapping Lia. I’m giving her back now without any ransom.”

Lia smacked his hand lightly and grinned as she watched Se7en hand-shook the boys.

“I didn’t know you were here,” Dae Sung spoke up. “When did you come?”

“This afternoon,” he replied. “I heard Lia was going to be here so I thought I’d come and meet her. She’s a charming girl, that one.”

“Got it from me,” TOP said and they all laughed.

Se7en ruffled her hair. “Ji, you’re lucky. If she wasn’t your girlfriend, I would take her as mine.”

“I don’t mind,” Lia joked. “I’d just have to find a way to get rid of Ji Oppa.”

“Hey now,” Ji Yong said lightly, pulling her close to him. “I’m not letting you go.”

“I’ll just kill him and find a way to hide the evidence,” Se7en said and they all cracked up, knowing he was just kidding.

“Anyway, we should get going,” TOP said. “Time to go home.”

Se7en nodded. “Okay.” He turned to Lia. “Come back tomorrow?”

She nodded. “Sure. Bye, Dong Wook-sshi!”

He grinned and left, waving goodbye to all of them.

Lia turned back to them and noticed a slight difference. “Eh, where’s Maknae Oppa?” she asked.

“Ah, he went home early because he was not feeling too well,” Dae Sung replied as the boys packed their bags to go home.

“Is he okay?” she asked worriedly.

Ji Yong nodded, patting her head. “Yeah. Don’t worry. He’s fine. Let’s go home.”

Lia nodded, realizing how tired she was all of a sudden. But she still had the energy to tell the boys where Se7en took her and such. They were happy to hear that she fitted in so well.

Like Ji Yong had said that morning, everyone loves Lia.

Once they reached home, Seung Ri came out, smiling. “It’s done!” he announced.

“Good,” Dae Sung said, grinning.

“What’s done?” Lia asked curiously.

Ji Yong covered her eyes. “We’ve got a surprise for you,” he whispered.

“Another one???”

“It’s a nice one,” Tae Yang told her. “Don’t worry; you’re not getting wet this time.”

They led her somewhere and she had no choice but to blindly follow them. She sighed.

Ji Yong removed his hands. She opened her eyes just as Dae Sung switched the lights on.

“Surprise!” they said.

She gasped. They were at the doorway of the guest room. But somehow, it transformed.

The walls were painted light purple with some abstract designs on it. Her bed was a queen-size bed with white, laced pillow covers and a lavender blanket. At one side of the wall was a dressing table. Next to it was a cupboard to put all her clothes inside. The fan was the old-fashioned type of fan where you have to pull the string to make it spin. There was a television in front of the bed and a night lamp table next to the bed as well. The window had purple curtains and a window seat for her to sit and enjoy the view: the city lights in Seoul. It was just so gorgeous. No wonder Big Bang fixed this room for her. She loved this kind of view. What made it better was that she could climb out onto the rooftop and would be safe, like Ji Yong’s rooftop.

“You guys did this?” she asked, amazed.

“Remember what I said about Dong Wook sunbae staying over and the room was a mess?” When she nodded, Ji Yong continued, “I lied. We were working on this, making this room become yours.”

She looked at them. “All of you did this? Like, you didn’t hire anyone to do this? All of you used your bare hands to transform the guest room into this . . . beautiful room?”

“Do you like it?” Seung Ri asked. “I came home early today to finish it.”

She nodded, her grin spreading wide. “I love it!” she declared. She calculated the time of when they found out she was coming until that day. “But it can’t have taken you a week to finish all this!” she exclaimed.

“It didn’t take us a week,” Dae Sung said to her, shrugging. “After you left, three weeks ago, we decided whether you decide to stay or not, we were going to transform this room as yours so that whenever you come down to visit, you will always have this room. This room is always going to be yours.”

“Think of it as a ‘Welcome Home’ present from us,” Tae Yang added, smiling.

“But what about the busy schedules you guys have and everything? If you guys did this all by yourselves, you couldn’t have possibly gotten enough sleep.” She looked at them and saw dark rings under their eyes. “Ah, I’m so sorry for being such a bother!”

“You’re not,” Tae Yang reassured her. “We did this because we want to.”

“Because we care about you and we want you to be happy,” Ji Yong chimed in.

Lia was touched by their thoughtfulness. She hugged each and every one of them. “I love you guys!” she said.

“Please make the bed a good use and don’t abandon it by sleeping with Ji Yong, okay?” TOP said to her.

She smiled and turned to her boyfriend. “Ji Oppa can sleep here sometimes too.”

“Alternate nights?” he laughed while TOP just shot him a glower.

She laughed as well and she hugged them all again. “Thank you thank you thank you! I love it so much! Omo!”

The five of them were pleased to hear that she loved the room so much. After three weeks of tiredness and all, it finally paid off.

 

As days passed by, Christmas drew near. Lia began shopping for the members of Big Bang, wondering what they would like as a present. It was easy getting something for Dae Sung, Ji Yong and Seung Ri but it was hard trying to think of something her brother and Tae Yang would like. The boys had a hard time getting something for her too. What they knew she would like, she already have.

One day they went out shopping with Lia, dressed up in disguise. Ji Yong and Lia went their own ways from the others. As they were walking, they passed by a pet shop. Lia paused and ran inside. Ji Yong followed her in.

She went to the dog section, where the puppies were behind the fences in a small area to run around. There were only four dogs in the fence: a beagle, a Labrador, a collie and a German shepherd.

“Awww, they’re so cute!” Lia gushed. She looked at the pet keeper standing nearby. “Can I go in and play with them?” she asked.

The lady nodded. “Sure, go ahead.”

She went inside and the puppies jumped on her, excited to see a new friend. Ji Yong just stayed outside, watching her with a smile on his lips.

Lia giggled as she patted each one of them. The German shepherd was the one who kept coming back, pushing the others away to get her attention.

She laughed, picking the puppy up. “Hi there,” she said softly. The puppy her nose and she giggled again. “Awww, you’re so cute!” She hugged him.

The pet keeper smiled. “That dog you’re holding is a feisty one,” she said to her. “He loves attention and he is very loyal. It’s too bad that people chooses other puppies.”

Lia cuddled with it. “Aww, you little sweet thing,” she cooed. She scratched behind his ear as Ji Yong came to pat him.

“He’s cute,” he agreed.

“I wish I can take you home with me,” Lia whispered. She put him back down in the cage reluctantly and walked out. She turned back. The puppy pressed his nose against the fence, giving her the puppy face.

“Argh!” She hid her face in Ji Yong’s shirt. “Let’s go,” she muttered. As she walked out, she glanced back again. “Bye, boy,” she said softly.

They walked out of the pet shop and Ji Yong could tell Lia had fallen in love with the German shepherd. Lia excused herself to the ladies’ room. When she came out, Ji Yong had just hung up on the phone.

“The others are done with their shopping. Are you okay?” he asked her.

She nodded but he knew she still had the puppy in her mind. He didn’t blame her. He’d like the puppy too.