A Day at the Beach

Songs in A Battlefield (3rd Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

The next morning, Ji Yong woke up to see Lia in his arms. He hugged her, holding her tight. He watched her as she slept. She looked so sweet. He smiled as he remembered what happened the night before. It was a night he would never forget.

Eventually Lia stirred and her eyes flew opened. She smiled shyly when she saw Ji Yong looking at her. “Hi,” she said softly.

He caressed her shoulder gently. “Good morning, Lia,” he replied, leaning forward to kiss her. He pulled her close, pressing their bodies against each other’s. “How’s my baby doing?”

“Loving you,” she replied, smiling. She placed her palm on his cheeks and he pressed into it.

“Happy birthday,” he said. He kissed her again but this time, deeper. “I hope that you enjoyed our date last night. It was your birthday present from me.”

“Oh, that’s cheap,” she scoffed but she was laughing. “I love it. Thank you.” She kissed him tenderly before getting out of bed and headed toward the bathroom. “I think the others have woken up already.” She blushed when she turned back to see Ji Yong staring at her longingly. She went to bathe.

Ji Yong bathed after she was done and they walked out of the room to the living room once they had tidied the room up. They sat down on the sofa and decided to watch TV while TOP was busy making breakfast.

Ji Yong then wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close, nuzzling her neck. “Lia . . .”

She allowed him to kiss her. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he cupped her face. She felt herself falling back on the sofa. Soon their bodies were entwined on the sofa. Ji Yong placed his right hand behind her neck and his left hand went down to her waist, pulling her closer to him.

“Ahem,” someone from above of them said, clearing his throat.

They looked up to see Seung Ri smiling down at them.

“Go away, Maknae,” Ji Yong murmured, not breaking the kiss. He could feel Lia smiling in the middle of the kiss.

But the maknae plunked himself on the armchair next to them. Feeling uncomfortable at being watched, they reluctantly broke apart. Seung Ri purposely did it because he couldn’t stand watching them all so lovey-dovey with each other.

“No need to get all mushy on us,” Dae Sung mumbled as he and Tae Yang walked into the living room. He yawned.

The three of them looked up and burst out laughing. Bits of Dae Sung’s hair were sticking out here and there.

TOP wandered to where they were with a tray of food as the other two sat down around the coffee table. “Breakfast,” he announced. It was pancakes and it smelled so delicious. Everyone dug in without hesitation.

Ji Yong ripped a small piece and turned to Lia. “Open wide, sweetie,” he coaxed her.

She opened and he fed her. Lia closed around his finger and it. “Mmm, it’s tasty,” she remarked, closing her eyes with appreciation.

“What, the pancakes or my finger?” he joked, taking his fingers back.

She opened her eyes and grinned. “Well, obviously the pancakes,” she shot back.

“Oh?” He raised an eyebrow.

She shielded her head with her hands. “Don’t get any ideas!” she called out.

“Er, I would really like to eat my breakfast in peace if you guys don’t mind,” TOP said a little edgily.

They shrugged and began to eat normally.

Tae Yang smiled at Lia. “Hey, you there. Happy Birthday,” he said. “You are officially twenty now. How do you feel?”

“Old,” she replied.

TOP sat down on the sofa and looked at Lia and Ji Yong who were having a whispering conversation. “What did you guys do last night?” he asked them.

They smiled at each other. Ji Yong put his arms around Lia. “Secret,” the two of them said at the same time.

He arched an eyebrow. He didn’t like the sound of that. “Seriously?” He had a bad gut feeling about it by the way Ji Yong was looking at his sister as though he wanted her body. She is TOP’s baby sister. He has a right to feel protective over her.

“Whatever you guys did, you enjoyed it, right?” Tae Yang quickly asked, noticing TOP’s face expression.

Lia nodded, slipping her hand into Ji Yong’s hands. She squeezed it tight. “Oh, yes. It was probably the best night I’ve ever had.”

Ji Yong grinned. “It was the best night of my life too,” he told her.

The other four boys looked at each other quizzically, wondering what happened last night. But they knew the two of them wouldn’t tell them.

“Anyway, let’s go to the beach,” Dae Sung spoke up. “It’s a sunny day, as though God knows that it’s Lia’s birthday today.”

“Let’s go!”

Lia ran to the bedroom to change. TOP followed after her. “Mei, can I come in?”

“Sure.”

His sister was just taking her swimwear out to wear. He sat on the edge of the bed and stared hard at her. “What did you and Ji Yong do last night?” he asked again.

Lia sighed. “We didn’t do anything, okay?” she said testily. “Can we drop it?”

“Why are you being so secretive?” TOP doesn’t understand. He shook his head. “Am I not suppose to know what my sister —”

Lia threw her hands up in the air. “Okay! Here’s what we did,” she said. “He told me to meet him at the pub a few minutes away from here. I met him there, we drank, we danced then we came home and had wonderful . After , we fell asleep, , in each other’s arms. Now you know.”

TOP held his hands up in surrender. “Okay, no need to get all snappy with me,” he shot back. “Cool your jets.”

She scowled.

He rolled his eyes. “So basically what you are saying is that you and Ji Yong just probably had an ordinary date but it was so special to the two of you because you two hadn’t had time for yourselves in a long while.”

Lia nodded. “Yes.”

He stood up. “All right then. But you could have just told us the truth.”

His sister wasn’t impressed. “Can I change now?” she asked with a tone of edge in her voice.

TOP left and Ji Yong entered a few minutes later, when Lia was already in her two-piece swimming suit. His mouth dropped opened wide when he saw her in her pink beach shorts and pink-and-white bikini top. It was showing a lot of skin. He gulped, obviously . His eyes lingered on the fabric that nicely covered her s. He quickly looked away.

Lia looked up. “Ah, Ji Oppa, could you help me tighten this, please?” she asked. She gestured to the strings around her neck to keep the top up. She pulled on the string to let it loose, falling on her .

He strode to her and took the strings in his hands as she held her hair up. But he didn’t tie it. He leaned down and kissed her shoulder, sending shivers down her spine.

“Oppa . . .”

His lips moved up to her neck, both of his arms wrapped around her waist, caressing her stomach. “Shhh.” He tied it before turning her around to kiss her lips. He carried her to the bed and laid her down comfortably before getting on her. They kissed passionately but were interrupted by Tae Yang who came in the room.

“Let’s go,” he said to them cheerily, holding up a beach ball in his hands. “Everybody is waiting for you two.”

“Can’t you see we’re busy here?” Ji Yong grumbled.

But he just shook his head. “A deal is a deal. You told us we can spend time with Lia today if you let you two alone last night.”

Lia sighed, pushing Ji Yong away. “He has a point,” she admitted.

“I don’t care,” Ji Yong said stubbornly. “I want you and I want you all to myself.” He hugged her tightly, kissing her neck, causing her to giggle.

“I’m calling hyung,” Tae Yang threatened.

“We’re coming, we’re coming!” Lia called out as he walked out of the room. She got up and put on a white transparent shirt over her bikini top and tied a knot at the ends before going out.

Ji Yong followed her out.

The six of them went out to the beach and played Frisbees with the dogs. They then moved on to play tag, Capture the Flag (which was Ji Yong’s cap), and football on the sand.

The game got interrupted when the four dogs went berserk upon seeing the ball and chased after it, successfully stealing the ball away. Big Bang and Lia wasted half an hour trying to get the ball back but they failed rather terribly.

“Let’s hold a sandcastle competition,” Dae Sung suggested once it was clear they weren’t getting the ball back from their dogs any time soon. “It’ll be me, Lia and maknae against Seunghyun hyung, Ji hyung and Bae hyung.”

“Losers dig their own holes and get buried in the same,” Tae Yang added.

“And are left in there for an hour,” TOP agreed.

“While the winners take pictures of them and post them up into Facebook, where everyone in the YG Family will see their humiliation,” Ji Yong chimed in mischievously. He had a glint in his eyes.

Lia nodded and grabbed her brother’s hand to check the time. “We have half an hour to build . . . starting NOW!”

They scattered into their groups and began to build their sandcastles. There was a lot of giggling and yelling and shrieking as they all rushed against time to make the best sand-castle.

When TOP, Ji Yong and Tae Yang were done, they stepped back to admire their work. Then they turned to look at the other team’s sandcastle. Their faces fell. Obviously the younger ones won the competition.

Lia glanced over and giggled, seeing the boys’ crestfallen faces. “Guess we win,” she told her teammates.

Dae Sung and Seung Ri turned over and laughed. They slapped high fives with Lia before turning to the others.

“Start digging, you guys,” Lia told the losing team. “Bingu Oppa, you might want to give us your camera. It’s time for some Face-book spams with pictures of you three.”

Sighing, TOP, Tae Yang and Ji Yong took their shovels to dig their holes. When it was big enough, they jumped in while the others all fill up the holes with sand.

“You like this, don’t you?” Ji Yong growled softly to Lia as she nicely covered his hole.

She giggled and kissed him on the lips. “I’ll make it up to you,” she promised.

He smirked. “You better.”

“It’s time to take your pictures!” Dae Sung exclaimed loudly, waving the camera wildly above them.

TOP, Tae Yang and Ji Yong sighed heavily as Dae Sung took their pictures to show their humiliating defeat. He also took a picture of the sandcastles so people would know why they were buried.

Seung Ri and Lia just sat back and watched, laughing as the dogs all jumped over their heads.

It was a good day.