Sunset Glow

Songs in A Battlefield (3rd Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

Lia Choi Jun Mei was sitting at the backseat with her boyfriend G-Dragon, the lead singer of Big Bang (but he was commonly known as Ji Yong to her and everyone who knew him personally) and Seung Ri while the others sat in front as Dae Sung drove the van away from the airport.

She was also blindfolded.

Lia used to live in Melbourne all her life, knowing that she was adopted and knowing she was from Korea. Then one day her school decided to take a trip to Korea, where she met the K-Pop band members of Big Bang and got to know them well.

She also found out that TOP who was the rapper of Big Bang is her big brother and she even fell in love with Ji Yong, who felt the same way about her. She would visit them often but it got too hard so Ji Yong broke up with her.

After a few turmoil and what not (with TOP being overly-protective of his little sister), they got back together and TOP offered her a place to live with them in Korea. It was a really tough decision, because Lia had to leave the life she had always known.

But she did.

And now the day was here where she was back in Korea for good. She’d said goodbye to all her friends, she came to Seoul with Ji Yong and was greeted by the cheery faces of the rest of Big Bang.

Then they carried her to the van and blind-folded her without telling her the destination they were taking her. All they said was that this was a surprise gift for coming home.

“Where are we going?” Lia whined after half an hour.

“You’ll see,” Seung Ri mysteriously replied. He took her hand and began to play with it. “Don’t worry, we’re almost there.”

“Yeah, that’s what you said twenty minutes ago!” she complained.

Ji Yong chuckled and kissed his eighteen-year-old girlfriend on the cheeks. “You are so impatient, Lia,” he remarked affectionately.

She turned to him and frowned. “Don’t be mean, you twenty-three year old brat,” she retorted.

“Brat?” he repeated.

She grinned. “Heh.”

“Lia?”

She smiled. “Yes, Ji Oppa?”

She felt him put his arms around her waist and pulled her to him. “I love it when you call my name,” he said huskily.

“Ji Oppa, Ji Oppa, Ji Oppa,” she sang and he nuzzled her neck. She giggled.

“I’m happy you’re here,” he whispered as he nibbled her ear.

“Me too.” She kissed him. But then she pulled away. “I hate this blindfold.”

“But you can’t take it out yet,” he replied calmly.

Lia was about to complain even more when TOP said, “We’re here.”

“Finally!” she cried, reaching up to take the blindfolds off.

But Tae Yang stopped her. “Not so fast,” he said. “Keep it on.”

Andwae!

Ji Yong shook his head. “Ugh, Lia, you are so irritating,” he observed.

She pouted and he kissed her. “Hey!”

“Maknae, carry her,” Dae Sung instructed the youngest one in the band group. “Make sure she keeps her blindfold on!”

“Why can’t I walk?”

“Shut up and just listen!” TOP told her a bit impatiently.

“You’ll spoil the surprise if we just let you do whatever you want,” Seung Ri explained gently as he lifted her up in his strong hands.

Lia sighed. “Where’s my bag? I have my phone and wallet and everything inside.”

“You won’t need it, where we’re going,” Dae Sung told her. “Trust me.”

“Well, where are we going?” Lia asked, mystified. “Wait, aren’t we already here?”

“Not quite,” TOP replied. “Now stop it, Mei. You’re getting quite annoying.”

“I don’t like surprises!”

Seung Ri winced as she practically shouted in his ears. “Clearly.”

“Oh, whoopsie.” She covered . “I’m so sorry, Maknae Oppa. I’ll shut up from now on.”

“Let’s go, let’s go! Wee!” Ji Yong said in an excited tone.

Seung Ri carried her down the stairs, smiling at the view. Lia felt him chuckling softly to himself and she rolled her eyes even though he wasn’t able to see it. She felt a warm breeze upon her face. Then she heard splashing of water, of waves crashing as it breaks on the surface.

They were at the beach.

Anniyo!!!!” she yelled, realizing what they were going to do.

Seung Ri dropped her into the ocean.

She squealed as she heard the other guys laughing. She took the blindfolds and glared at them. Seung Ri smirked. So Lia did one thing she could do: payback.

She got up and wrapped herself around him. He slipped and fell in the sea, getting soaked. “Why is it always me first?!” he asked, pouting a little.

“Because you’re the closest,” she shot back, helping him up. She laughed and reached up to pinch his cheeks.

They turned to the others, a huge grin on both their faces.

“Uh oh,” Dae Sung whimpered.

“They have that look on their face,” both Tae Yang and Ji Yong exclaimed.

RUN!” TOP hollered.

They ran off as the two of them chased after them. It took awhile to get all of them so they decided to mark one by one, starting with the easiest target: Dae Sung. It took a little tickling trick for them to drag him in the ocean.

As soon as he was in, they made a move for Tae Yang, who kicked and thrashed, earning Seung Ri a bruise on the shoulder.

Eventually he was in and it was TOP’s turn. But he was smart. He was already in the ocean, swimming around.

“What . . . ?” Dae Sung said exasperatedly.

TOP smiled and waved at him. “Hi, guys!” he called, laughing.

“What are we going to do?” Seung Ri asked hopelessly.

“Let’s dunk him,” Tae Yang suggested through gritted teeth.

“Good idea,” Lia agreed as they all circled around her brother.

“Uh . . . hey, now,” he said nervously but Tae Yang and Dae Sung had already reached for him. “Aaaahhhh!!! Let me go! Get off of me! Hey! Not fair! Four against one isn’t a fair fight!”

“You cheated,” Lia replied calmly as she watched the boys dunk him again.

“I’ll get you back . . . eventually.”

After dunking TOP multiple times, they searched everywhere for Ji Yong, but he was nowhere in sight. They could not find him.

Then they heard music blasting from the van and saw a figure inside, bobbing his head to the music. They exchanged glances and grinned, running to the van.

Ji Yong’s eyes went wide as he saw that his hiding spot had been discovered. He quickly ran out to the ocean but TOP grabbed him by the waist to prevent him from jumping in the water first. They managed to drag him down to the beach.

But once they neared the water, he began to fight. He was even wilder than Tae Yang. They were about to turn to give up when Lia fell suddenly to the ground, crying in pain. They froze and their grip on him loosened. They ran to her to make sure she was okay.

Ji Yong was the first one to reach her. “Lia, are you okay?!” he asked frantically.

She sniffed, clutching her ankle. She looked as though she was about to cry. “I — I tripped over something,” she whimpered.

Ji Yong bent down to see. “It looks fine,” he said, frowning thoughtfully. “It’s not swollen or anything. Does it still hurt?”

Lia quickly took her feet away from his grasp the same time Dae Sung, Seung Ri and Tae Yang pushed him from the back into the ocean, face first.

“Wh — what the —?” he spluttered. “Ow, I got salt water in my eyes! You sneaky, little girl! I’ll get you —!”

Lia giggled and slapped high fives with the others. “Good job, you guys.”

He turned to her and an evil smirk crept upon his handsome face. “Hmmm . . .

Lia’s smile disappeared. “Ah, crap,” she cursed under her breath. She quickly stood up but she slipped and fell. “Noooo!” She stood up again. “Curse you, waters!”

Ji Yong rammed into her lightly and she fell over into the water again. He picked her up and smiled. “Would you like to do it again?” he asked.

She shook her head mutely.

He laughed and hugged her — just as the others surrounded them with their evil, little grins. They exchanged glances and dived in the ocean just as the others caused a huge splash that was meant for them to get wet. When they came up, they splashed water them and escaped through the gaps between their legs, laughing and holding hands.

“Woo!” Lia cried out.

Soon they were all splashing each other, getting wet. As the sun began to set before them, they went back to the surface and lied down, letting the waves reach their knees. They watched as the sky lit up in orangey-red.

“Sunset glow,” TOP suddenly spoke up from the midst of silence.

“What?”

“Sunset glow,” he repeated. “Our song. And it’s sunset now. Look, it’s just like a sunset glow.” He pointed to the setting sun.

“But with Lia here, it defeats the whole meaning of the song,” Dae Sung argued.

“So?” four voices chorused.

Lia laughed, sitting up. She grabbed a fistful of sand and threw it in his direction.

“HEY!”

Giggling, she got up and made a run for it. Dae Sung chased after her. The other four looked up and then went back down, shaking their heads. Then they heard a loud squeal coming from Lia and splash of water.

They sat up, worried. Did Dae Sung dump her in the water?

Oh, no. Dae Sung was in the water and Lia was standing over him, laughing. They sighed, lying back on the sand.

“What a weakling,” Seung Ri muttered.

Meanwhile, Dae Sung got up and chased her again to where the others were. They splashed water in their faces as they ran past. Lia then threw sand at Dae Sung but some fell on them.

They sat up. “HEY!” they cried as Lia ran away. Dae Sung was faster this time.

He caught her by the waist and threw her over. He walked deeper into the sea with her giggling and squealing. “Put me down!”

“Really? Okay.” Dae Sung shrugged.

“Nooooo, not here!” Lia got dumped into the sea. She came up, spluttering. “Bleh!”

By then the others came up to them and they started to throw sand and splash water at each other all over again.

They stayed there until the sun has set completely and the sky was filled pitch black with stars shining out here and there and everywhere.

Lia smiled as their heads bobbed above the water, shining in the moonlight. This is why she came back for.

This is where she belongs.