Divorce

Haru - One Day

In his dreams he always was in a pitch back room. No lights, not even a little tinny light. It was all black.

He started to panic. He felt like he couldn´t breath anymore. It was like he was trapped in water.

He struggled and fought but he couldn´t find a way out. How can I escape?!

The scene changed. There was a small light and he run to it, before he couldn´t breath anymore.

Now he was a 6 year old boy again, he was crying. Crying his heart out.

Adults were standing around him, watching him. Some were whispering with each other, some were quiet.

“Poor boy”

“Is he alright?”

“What will happen to him?”

 

“I heard it´s his fault!”

NO! It´s not my fault! It´s not! I always were a good boy!

 

“No it´s not!”

Suddenly he found himself in his room. It was still night. He couldn´t move, his body was shaking and he had no control about it. Like always.

When he finally had the power over his body again he sat up and walked to his table. He took a picture frame into his hands and was watching the picture of his parents with him as a small child. He wanted to be that happy boy again. He wanted everything to be like back than. How could he live without them? It hurt so much...

The boy didn´t notice he was crying until a tear fell down on the picture. He touched the tears on his cheek. Am I really strong like everyone says? I just can´t believe that...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Five hours late Yesung was ready for going to school. He didn´t had a good feeling for the day.

He walked different than usual together with the others to school.

“I don´t know how, but you´re always so cheerful in the morning” Yesung said to Kairi.

“Different then you, I love going to school. I meat my friends and I´m able to see Jiho” Kairi winked. That was so just like her. She was always cheerful, no one could tell to how much she actually went. But she didn´t act all cheerful, she really was it. She was happy. Kairi always said “I have a family. I have pretty handsome brothers and two really cute sisters. I have my friends and I have my love by my side, Jiho. I´m protected by so many people. What is there more to have? I´m happy this way.”

She is not only beautiful but also very clever. And her voice was one of the most amazing once. You could only love her.

 

In school Yesung didn´t let Ryeowook walk around alone. He signaled everyone to keep their hands of him. Yesung didn´t fought since he had been in the new school, but everyone knew his reputation. And even if they wouldn´t nearly everyone knew Hangeng was his brother so if you hurt Yesung or his friends you will have a problem. Donghae and Hyukjae were always together so now one got near them and Hyukjae was also know for being able to defend himself.

Yesung was a bit scared about letting Ryeowook alone. The boy was short, shy and he was way to nice to defend himself.

Yesung wanted the boy to keep on smiling and that meant no one could ever hurt him! He knew he was way to overprotective, but he just couldn´t act differently.

 

The boys met at the rooftop. Yesung sighted, he could finally relax.

“You´re really worried about someone getting to close to us.” Donghae teased with a grin.

“I know, I´m overreacting. But maybe it´s because you´re my first real friends, so I don´t want anything happen to you, because of me.” Yesung said honestly.

“Awww~” Hyukjae teased now too. Yesung attacked him and everyone started to laugh. They didn´t see Kairi and Jiho came. “Yesung” Kairi called him.

“Noona! Hyung!” Yesung said surprised, after he had stopped attacking Hyukjae.

“You seem to have fun.” Jiho grinned and Yesung just laughed. Kairi and her boyfriend sat beside the boys and where talking with them.

“Ne, Hangeng hyung told me you two took care of my stalker. What the hell did you do to him?” Kairi asked Yesung suspicious.

“We just talked.” Yesung answered shrugging.

“Ah yeah, with your fists?!” Kairi answered ironic.

“Hey, he punched me first. That was his mistake.” Yesung grinned.

“Stop grinning like that! You broke his nose!” she exclaimed incredulous.

“That wasn´t me! I never target the face, that hurts way to less” Yesung said innocents. Kairi was shaking her head unbelievable.

“He knew we were your brothers and he also knew our reputation, so it´s his own fault. And glad I were with hyung, when we caught him. Either way he would have killed him. I was able to hold him back, with punching before him. That boy wouldn´t have just a broken nose, you know that. Never make hyung angry, it will be your death sentence.” Yesung defended them. Kairi knew just to well Yesung was right. If you make Hangeng angry and there is no one to stop him, you will have a really big problem. He never, absolutely never, shows any mercy.

“So Hangeng hyung is really that strong like in the rumors?” Donghae asked.

“Way stronger!” Yesung and Kairi answered at the same time.

“But he always looks so calm.” Ryeowook said unbelieving.

“You won´t get him angry with provoking him, but if you say anything against us or hurt us you´ve got a problem. Never, absolutely never, say anything against Heechul. I only saw that once. Hangeng never beats someone as much to take him to the hospital, but that one guy, damn, he nearly killed him.” Yesung said shaking his head.

“But hey, thanks to him they are together.” Kairi grinned and Yesung agreed. “But you also helped.” she added and Yesung smiled.

“You helped them?” Donghae asked curious.

“Kinda. Heechul never lets anyone to close to him, I understand him in that thing. I got him to give Hangeng a chance and now look at them.” Yesung smiled gently, he was so happy about those to being together.

“Oh, and never make Heechul angry. He is worse than Yesung, he just never makes his hands dirty. The only one who can provoke him is Yesung, I don´t know why but those two always fight, but actually there really close.” Kairi warned.

“Now that you say it, I never saw Heechul beating someone. It´s always Hangeng hyung.” Jiho said after thinking for a while. Yesung looked like he saw Heechul fighting a lot. “He let´s hyung doing everything. He has way to much pride to beat someone.” Kairi laughed.

“As much as I remember, the last time I saw him beating someone up was after you came to us and we heard does bastards pushed you down the stairs. That was when I was 13, or?”

“Yep, that´s right.” she let a small laugh out and continued. “No one ever touched me after that.”

Jiho had big eyes. “Someone pushed you down the stairs?!”

“I told you, I were always bullied. In the orphanages I were in and in the schools. That only changed after I got into Ms. Han´s hands.” she smiled a little.

“They were just jealous.” Ryeowook commented and Kairi laughed.

“But those guys are really protective of you. They even threatened me.” Jiho said shaking his head.

“Ah, so you still remember” Yesung grinned and Kairi looked at him suspicious. “I didn´t do anything. That was Heechul, Hangeng hyung and me where standing beside him, Heechul said it would have a better effect and looks like he was right.” Yesung grinned.

The kids talked a bit more and laughed a lot.

 

After school Kairi, Jiho and Yesung were walking home together. They were laughing and Yesung loved it how Kairi was when Jiho was with her. She was always smiling so brightly and she looked so cute.

 

They entered the house and walked into the living room. What no one of them expected was Mr. Han was at home. He normally should have come back the next day.

“Why are you back so late?!” Mr. Han yelled angrily. He first didn´t notice Jiho. “Who the hell is he?!” he pointed at him. Yesung interfered and told Jiho to quickly go. The boy knew he should do as Yesung said and quickly run away, before something would happen.

The two didn´t answer to Mr. Han so he got even angrier. “I asked you who the hell this boy was!”

“He... he is my boyfriend” Kairi said quietly and looked down.

“What are the rules no. 14 and 15?” Mr. Han asked growling.

“No. 14 : Relationships are not allowed as long as we live in this house. No. 15 : It´s not allowed to bring any persons home.” Kairi said. They all had to learn the rules Mr. Han made.

“And you dare to bring someone with you?! And on top of that your so called boyfriend?!” Mr. Han was really angry now.

“He is NOT my so called boyfriend. He IS my boyfriend!” Kairi screamed back, but this was a mistake. Mr. Han raised his hand and was about to slap her, but Yesung stepped in. Instead of Kairi Mr. Han beat Yesung. The girl closed her eyes. Yesung did it again, protecting one of them. But Yesung stepping in made Mr. Han even angrier. He yelled and every time he wanted to beat Kairi, Yesung protected her.

Luckily no one was at home, except them. Ms. Han went with Heechul, Hangeng, Mie and Yuri shopping.

Yesung´s lip was bleeding and Kairi was crying. She sunk down to the ground and tried to hold back her tears and sobs.

“Stand up!” Mr. Han yelled. “I told you to stand up!” Mr. Han raised his hand was about to slap Kairi again, but Yesung stepped in once more. After that Yesung took Kairi´s hand and told her to stand up. He didn´t let go of her hand and started to run. They run away together. Yesung took her to the old warehouse he often run to. It was raining and they were drenched. Yesung took his phone out and wrote Hangeng what happened. He also wrote that Mr. Han raised a hand against Kairi, but wasn´t able to success. He heard a quiet sob. Yesung looked up and saw Kairi was crying. He took her into a hug.

“Don´t cry” he whispered. “Mianhae Yesung... mianhae...” she sobbed once more.

“Don´t apologize, please... and please stop crying, it will be alright, I promise” Yesung soothes her. He patted her head, he didn´t want to hear her crying or apologizing.

“Where.. where should we go now? We can´t stay here it is way to cold...” she said, after she had calmed down.

“Come with me. I know a place” Yesung smiled. They walked together and where holding hands the whole time. Yesung didn´t want to let her go and Kairi didn´t have anything against it.

They walked a little while and than stood in front of a house. First he hesitated but than he rang the doorbell. A friendly looking woman opened the door, Ms. Kim. She recognized Yesung and invited them in. After that she called Ryeowook and brought some towels, so the kids could dry up themselves. When Ryeowook came he was shocked to see Yesung and Kairi, this could only mean something happened.

Mr. Kim was still at work.

Yesung, Kairi and Ryeowook were sitting on the couch in the living room, when Ms. Kim came back again.

“Oh my! Yesung what happened to your face?!” she asked surprised.

“It´s not that bad” Yesung looked to Kairi and saw she had teary eyes again. “Noona..” he took her hand and looked into her eyes. “It´s all.. it´s all my fault...” she was on the edge of crying. “Noona!” Yesung now said a bit angry. “I told you already it´s not your fault! You love Jiho hyung, right? No one of us knew Mr. Han would be back today!” Kairi looked down. Yesung took her hand once again and squeezed it.

“What happened?” Ryeowook asked worried.

“We went home together with Jiho hyung and Mr. Han was back a day earlier. Actually we are not allowed to have any relationships as long as we live under his ruff, neither to bring anyone home.” Yesung sighted. “He got really angry and raised a hand against Kairi noona. I stepped in.”

“You are such an idiot..” Kairi muttered. “Thank you” Yesung just smiled and Kairi leaned her head against his shoulder. She closed her eyes and whispered. “If Hangeng hyung tells Umma everything, you know what she will do, right?” Yesung closed his eyes too and nodded.

Ms. Kim and Ryeowook were listening and watching. Both kids seemed upset, so they first let them calm down. Ryeowook stood up and came back with two cups hot chocolate. He smiled at Yesung and Kairi and both smiled back. They knew Ryeowook was trying to help.

“Is it ok if we stay the night?” Yesung asked carefully. “Of course! Tomorrow is no school so don´t worry. You can stay as long as you want to.” Ms. Kim smiled. Yesung and Kairi thanked her.

 

Kairi slept in the living room and Yesung in Ryeowook´s room.

In the room Yesung and Ryeowook were both silent. They were sitting next to each other. After some time had passed Yesung laid his head on Ryeowook´s shoulder. The boy was first surprised, but than Yesung´s hair.

“I.. I didn´t know he come back sooner.” Yesung started. “He was so angry... When he raised his hand I had to step in.. but that made him angrier.” Yesung stopped.

“You protected her, so it´s alright.” Ryeowook wanted to reassure him.

“You know.. I wrote everything that happened hyung. I´m sure he will tell everything Umma. Back than she had to promise me something..” Yesung closed his eyes. “She wanted to divorce, but I told her, she shouldn´t do that because of me. If he ever raised a hand against her or the others, it would be her choice. I know her.. so this time she will do it.” Yesung pressed his head stronger on Ryeowook and the boy took him into a hug. Yesung did everything to hold back his tears. “You know, everyone says I´m strong... but they are wrong. I´m not. I never were.”

“That´s not true. Being strong doesn´t mean to never show a tear. It means to be able to accept your feelings and being able to show them. If you break down, you will stand up again. That is strength.” Ryeowook said with a gentle voice. For him Yesung was so strong, the boy went through so much, but was still able to smile. He found a reason to be alive, he never gave up, he always stood up.

“I´m sure Ms. Han will do the right” Ryeowook broke away from the hug and looked Yesung in the eyes and smiled.

Shortly after that they went to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the next day Yesung, Kairi, Ryeowook, Ms. Kim and Mr. Kim were sitting at the table eating. Kairi helped Ryeowook and Ms. Kim cooking, while Yesung talked with Mr. Kim. He was exactly like Ms. Kim. Bright and friendly.

A little while late the doorbell rang and Ms. Kim opened the door. She asked the woman to come in.

“Umma!” Yesung and Kairi recognized her right away and shoot up.

“Kairi! Yesung! Are you alright?” she walked faster to the kids. She was so worried the whole time.

“We´re okay.” Yesung smiled, but Ms. Han saw his swollen lip. “Aish, you stupid” she smiled softly, while touching his cheek. Yesung grinned like it was an compliment.

Ms. Kim brought some tea and when they were sitting at the table Ms. Han started. “Hangeng told me everything that happened yesterday.” she looked at the kids and sighted. “I should have done this way sooner. Why did I listen to you?” she looked smiling at Yesung. “Umma..” he started, but she raised her hand, telling him to stop. “I kicked him out of the house, it´s my house anyway. I don´t care what you will say this time, but I will divorce with him. And you don´t have to worry about the money. The café brings in more than enough, Heechul and Hangeng said they will help out and I´m sure you two will too.”

“Mianhae Umma. It´s all my fault..” Kairi looked down.

“Aish! Did I say it was you´re fault? No. So be quiet, it´s not your fault. Like I said, I should have done this way sooner.” Ms. Han said smiling at Kairi, after that she looked sadly at Yesung. She felt tears coming up and Yesung noticed something was wrong.

“I´m such a bad Umma. I should have done this way sooner.” She was about to cry. “Umma! You´re not! I forced you into the promise. I threatened you, you had no other choice.” Yesung looked down. He threatened her with killing himself so she had to promise him.

“From what Ryeowook told me, I don´t think you´re a bad mother. You try to make the kids happy and accept them the way they are. That´s the most important thing. But if you really feel that guilty, don´t you think there is a way to make it up?” Ms. Kim smiled friendly. Ms. Han thought for a while and than smiled. “I think there is something the kids will be really happy about. Kids, what do you think about me adopting you all? All 6 of you.” Yesung´s and Kairi´s eyes went big. “You mean, becoming our real mother?!” Kairi said surprised and Ms. Han nodded. Yesung and Kairi looked at each other and than began to smile really bright. “That would make up everything!” Kairi grinned. She knew the others would be as happy as she is.

Before they went home, Yesung turned to Ryeowook and hugged him. The boy was first surprised, but then hugged back. He heard Yesung whispering a “Thank you” and smiled at him. “You must be really happy now” Ryeowook smiled and Yesung nodded.

After that, they went home. Ms. Han told everyone about adopting them and everyone was really happy about it. This meant now, finally, they would be a real family.

 

Ms. Han, Kairi and Yesung were sitting in the living room alone. When Yesung suddenly began to talk. “Sometimes I wonder, if my parents were still alive, would I have been such a cheerful, happy and friendly person like Ryeowook?” he was lying on the couch and looked to the ceiling. He didn´t expect and answer, he only wanted it to be talked out. Ms. Han smiled, she noticed Yesung was really attached to Ryeowook. She hoped so much he would get his faith in love back. It would help him a lot to get over the death of his parents. Now she only had to get the right to adopt the kids and she was sure they would be really happy about that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two weeks later Ms. Han got a letter. She was so afraid of opening it. In there would be the decision if she could adopt the kids.

The kids first had to make a statement about Ms. Han and if they wanted to be adopted and all those questions.

It was morning and everyone sat around Ms. Han at the table. She hold the letter in her hand, way to nervous to open it. She breathed out and the kids were looking at her supporting her. Ms. Han took the letter out and began to read. She didn´t let anyone read it. Everyone looked so expectant at her. She laid the letter down and started to grin. They all knew what that meant, they were so happy about it. This meant they could stay together and didn´t have to separate.

 

In school Donghae, Hyukjae and Ryeowook noticed right away Yesung had a really, really good mood. Yesung was smiling the whole time and didn´t let anyone ruin his good mood.

When they were at the rooftop, they were eating. Suddenly Yesung started to hum a song. This could only mean he was in a really, really, really good mood.

“Did something good happen, that we have missed?” Donghae asked curious and Yesung grinned widely. “Guess what” he still had that grin on his face.

Donghae and Hyukjae had all weird ideas, especially Hyukjae. Ryeowook thought the whole time and than he got an idea. “Could it be, you got the letter?” Yesung nodded really often. “So I assume Ms. Han could adopt you guys?” Ryeowook asked already knowing the answer, otherwise Yesung wouldn´t be that happy. Yesung nodded once more and the boys were attacking him and congratulating him.

“Today, we planed to celebrate it. Umma said I should bring you guys with me and Kairi should bring Jiho with her.” Yesung was so happy, no one describe it. He was way to hyper, but this was for everyone just a confirmation that he really loved Ms. Han.

 

Everyone went home together. Even Kairi, Heechul and Hangeng were in a really good mood. No one ever saw Hangeng being like this.

Arriving at home everyone saw Mie and Yuri already did a good job in decorating the house and helping Ms. Han making food and a cake. Ryeowook and Kairi joined them right away, they loved to cook and with Ms. Han it was even more fun.

The boys were witting around the table in the living room and talked about random things, they laughed a lot. Ms. Han loved the sight and hoped it would stay forever like this.

 

When the food was finished, everyone began to eat and like expected nothing was left. This time Yesung and Hyukjae made a bet who ate more and Heechul was the judge. Like everyone already knew Yesung was the one who won.

“I think I will explode!” Yesung exclaimed dramatically, while rubbing his tummy.

“Don´t act like that! That was nothing, you can eat way more!” Yuri was teasing him. Yesung started laughing and agreed with her.

They were talking with each other and everyone was part of the conversation.

“So.. now no one can say anymore I´m an orphan and I have no parents! I have the best Umma on this world!” Yuri smiled happily and Ms. Han agreed with her smiling gently. The little girl was bullied already enough.

“Such a shame I don´t have an Appa.” she said first a little sad but than grinned an looked at Hangeng and he knew what she was thinking. “Don´t you dare to talk that out loud!” he warned her and she smiled teasingly. “I have an Appa! Not a real one, but someone who is like a father” she paused and Hangeng gave her a don´t-you-dare-look, but that little girl wasn´t afraid and said in a teasingly, cute voice “Hangeng Appa~”

Hangeng stood up and wanted to catch the girl, but she run screaming away and hide behind Yesung. “Oppa, help me, he will eat me!” she screamed enjoyed and Yesung laughed and was joined by everyone.

After a short while Hangeng caught her and carried her bridal style to the couch and told her he will let her fall down. The girl scream in enjoyment, she loved to play around with her older brothers.

“Yesung oppa! Save me!” she shouted with played fear.

“I´m gonna save you!” Yesung shouted back and run to her and Hangeng let her fall into Yesung´s arms. Yuri laid her arms around Yesung´s neck and said acting “You´re my savior, my hero! Thank you, Thank you so much!” she kissed his cheek and Yesung stood there being proud all over himself and said way to self conscious “I know, I´m superman!” Everyone started laughing.

Yesung and Hangeng were always playing around with the two youngest, they sat back down. Mie was sitting on Heechul´s lap now.

“What will you do when I take Heechul oppa away from you?” Mie asked teasingly. “Impossible” Hangeng said at an instant.

“What makes you so sure about that?” Kairi joined her.

“Because he fell all over me.” Hangeng winked.

“Aren´t you a little to full of yourself?” Heechul asked curious. Hangeng leaned closer to him and kissed him softly. Heechul got all read, because everyone was watching.

“Told ya” Hangeng grinned and good a high five from Jiho, Hyukjae and Yesung.

“He is the only one I know who can make Heechul, our Kim Heechul, being like this!” Yesung laughed.

Kairi smiled gently and looked around to everyone, she leaned her head against Jiho´s shoulder and smiled happily. “I want this moment to stay forever” she whispered and Jiho kissed her forehead. “Now everything will be alright.” he said laying an arm around Kairi´s shoulder.

“Let´s do karaoke!” Yuri suggested being way to hyper.

“No, not again!” Heechul disagreed. “It will be Yesung who wins anyway.”

“But I didn´t hear him singing for so long!” Yuri pouted and Yesung laughed. “You only have to ask, I will always sing for you.” he smiled gently.

“You´re to nice to her.” Hangeng grinned. “I can´t help myself, she is way to cute!” Yesung defended himself laughing. Yuri sat beside him and made the best cute face she could. Yesung laid an arm around her and pulled her closer. “That´s my little girl.” he grinned.

 

Yesung talked with Ryeowook and Donghae, while Hyukjae made a bet with Heechul. Not like they warned them, Heechul never loses. At the end Hyukjae had to walk around like a dog on all fours. Donghae was laughing so much, he really enjoyed the view. Hyukjae promised Heechul revenge, well the next mistake he did. Hyukjae had to walk this time around like a turtle.

“Ne, Umma, let´s buy a turtle.” Yesung suggested and than added “No, better two, one will be lonely.”

Everyone looked at Yesung with an unbelievable face. “What turtles are cute!” Yesung said surprised. It was nothing new, Yesung was simply weird. He sulked, he really wanted to have a turtle. Ryeowook was punching his shoulder and looked with a cute face at him, so Yesung had to grin.

It was really loud in the house, but everyone was obviously enjoying it.

Yesung was watching Ms. Han. He first thought she would be really sad about the divorce, she loved Mr. Han, that was certain. But she was smiling even more than before, first he thought she was acting like she was happy, but he found out she really was.

Yesung was now sure about two things, he wanted everything to stay the way it is and his dream changed completely.

“Umma, I changed my dream. I always wanted to be free and take Yuri with me, but looks like I don´t need that anymore. I have a new dream, something I absolutely want to achieve. One day.. One day I want to be happy again.” Yesung said smiling softly, he rested his head on an arm at the table. Ms. Han smiled gently at him, maybe there really will be a time when she will see Yesung being happy again, like he was as a little child.

 

 


A/N:

Actually I were supposed to clean my room, yeah... but somehow I finished this chapter..:D My mom will kill me xD

Tomorrow is finally my birthday wuuh~ but I´m more excited about Tuesday, finally, finally! Our baby is coming baaaaaaack! I´m so excited! I will celebrate his comeback more than my birthday xD my friends are about to kill me, because I´m getting on their nerves xD

And I really love Donghae and Eunhyuk! Announcing a comeback for this year without the agency or the other members knowing about it!:D

Thank you for subscribing! Actually never thought I would get over 10! Please comment on what you think about this chapter or the story!^^ Love you all~

https://38.media.tumblr.com/1e316739bc67cdf4462271f2ac136fbf/tumblr_n5yar9KgCA1t0f8lbo2_250.gif