Sick

Haru - One Day

The boys all went to Ryeowook´s house and his mother was so happy having so many boys over. She loved it when Ryeowook brings friends home.

Ryeowook cooked the day before, he told everyone to sit down beside the table to eat his cake and the sweets he made. Hyukjae and Donghae began to eat the food, but the other tree boys hesitated.

Eat it! I made it for you all.” Ryeowook smiled and gave the boys a piece of his cake. Ms. Kim came into the room and smiled happily. “It looks like I have a lot of children.” she smiled brightly.

You have to taste those cookies! I don´t know how Wookie can make such amazing ones” I can´t get enough from them!” Hyukjae praised Ryeowook. The boy just blushed and shook his head. He didn´t believe it tastes such amazing.

Yesung took a cookie, he wanted to taste it himself. “How is it?” Ryeowook asked a little shy. After that Yesung took another cookie and spoke wit a full moth “Hyukjae didn´t lie! Their amazing!”

Ryeowook sat back to his seat next to Yesung and put his head down. He was bright read and was smiling like an idiot. The compliment from Yesung made the shy boy so happy! He really loved it when people complimented his food, but hearing it from Yesung made him even happier.

Everyone went back on talking and soon after Ryeowook talked again too. The boy didn´t notice he´s being watched. Yesung was watching him the whole time. He loved it how the boy smiled nonstop. His eyes were shining and Yesung couldn´t resist from staring. He had his one arm on the table with his head resting on it and looked lovely at Ryeowook. Everyone, except Ryeowook, noticed it. Even Ms. Kim was now aware of it and it made her really happy, because she knew about Ryeowook´s feelings.

 

Everyone was talking, except Hangeng. He was quiet and watched everyone. It was actually pretty normal for him, but Heechul noticed something was wrong. He put a hand on Hangeng´s hand and smiled at him. “Is everything ok?” he asked worried.

Yes, I was just thinking.” he reassured him.

About how many things actually changed?” Heechul asked further and Hangeng nodded again.

Ryeowook told me everything about you, like living in an orphanage. Sometimes you must feel lonely, misunderstood or confused, right?” Ms. Kim smiled softly.

Umma!” Ryeowook scold her, but the boys shock their heads.

It´s okay Ryeowook.” Hangeng calmed him down and than turned to Ms. Kim. “Yes your right. There´s a difference between knowing your parents, how you lost them, and never knowing who they are. Yesung and Heechul lost their parents, but I could escape from them. You have to tell that apart. Those two were forced to be orphanages, but for me it was the best thing that could have happened. On the other hand Yuri, Mie and Kairi never knew their parents, but you also have to tell them apart. Kairi and Mie had to move from one orphanage to another, but Yuri grew up at or place. There are good and bad orphanages. Especially Kairi was treated like crap. Yuri had the luck to grew up with us. I don´t know what would have happened if Yuri wouldn´t have been here with us, above all with Yesung. Everyone of us has different feelings, it depends of the situation.” he paused for a moment and than had a thoughtful expression. “My real family is from china. When my parents where sober, they were pretty normal. That state was really rare, so they were alcoholics and it was like living hell. I have not even one good memory about them. I ran away and had the luck to be found by Ms. Han. I really love my new family and I don´t want to lose them. The most thankful I am to Ms. and Mr. Han. My new Umma is the best Umma there is in this world, and Mr. Han normally is okay too, but he has a bad habit of beating someone certain in our family. Sometimes I think about what would have been if I had normal parents, but than I remember I would have never been able to meet those awesome family members, particularly my beloved Heechul.”

From everyone Hangeng was the one, who could deal the best with the situation.

You can talk so freely about it, it kinda surprises me.” Ms. Kim smiled.

Our ´I won´t trust anyone´ opened up to Ryeowook, Hyukjae and Donghae so I suggest they have to be alright.” Hangeng grinned. “And I don´t know why, but you are just like our Umma so I just kinda trust you.”

Ryeowook told me a lot about her. She seems to be a nice person. He also told me about Mr. Han.” she looked at Yesung and the boy knew right away why. “He is not that bad. After I lost my parents he took me in. I oven him my live. And he´s only beating me, so that´s okay. It´s not like it hurts that much” Yesung tried to defend him.

It´s not that bad?! The big blue bruise on your stomach shows the opposite!” Hyukjae exclaimed.

Don´t lie Yesung. I know it..” Heechul started but than was interrupted by Hangeng “Heechul!” he said with a calm but deeper voice and Heechul shut up right away.

Is your mother aware of it?” Ms. Han asked.

Yes, she knows it. But I told her as long as it´s only me, it´s okay. I don´t want her to lose her family because of me. And also he never beats me in front of Umma or the girls. The last time it was my own fault, I punched back and came back at the wrong timing. Yesung was obviously uncomfortable about the conversation but Ms. Kim asked further. “I´m petty sure you could defend yourself, so why do you never do it?”

Yesung didn´t like the question. No one ever knew why he never did it, except Ms. Han. He never answers such questions and normally just stays quiet or changes the subject. Ms. Kim had the same aura than Ms. Han so he felt somehow comfortable with her.

He sighted. “My mom was his love from high school and back than he also was dads best friend. He gives me the fault for moms dead and I agree with him.”

Why do you think it´s your fault? And even if it may be true, it doesn´t justify his doings.” she just couldn´t understand how someone was able to beat a kid for such a reason. Even if it would have been Yesung´s fault, it never justifies beating a child!

My mom always had a weak heart, so normally she wasn´t allowed to get a child. But she never listened to anyone and my dad didn´t knew it was that bad. After he found out it was to late. She was to weak and died when I got 4.” Yesung looked down. He always gave himself the fault. If he would never have been born, his mother would be alive, just like his father.

She knew she was to weak right? But still she wanted to give birth to you. Doesn´t that mean she really loved you? She must have been so happy to give birth to you.” Ms. Kim smiled.

Yesung was on the edge of crying. He really wanted to believe it, but he just couldn´t. He never could overcome the death of his parents. For him it was the worst that ever happened. He loved them so much and it hurt to much to overcome it.

Heechul was sitting beside Yesung and noticed he was about to cry. He took Yesung´s hand and squeezed it. He knew this way the boy wouldn´t feel alone.

 

Ryeowook did the first thing that came up to his mind.

You should eat more of my cookies! They always help to cheer up!” he put some on Yesung´s plate and smiled at him. Ryeowook hated it when Yesung looked so sad, so he just had to do something.

Yesung noticed what the boy tried to do and he just had to smile. It was so cute of him, trying to make him smile. Yesung just couldn´t resist of liking the boy. He liked his presence, he always felt at ease and found himself always smiling. Maybe Heechul and Hangeng were right, maybe he is different.

Ms. Kim smiled happily at the boys, she liked it how Ryeowook smiled all along.

Yesung, if something happens again and you don´t know where to go, in our house you are always welcome.” Ms. Kim smiled. Yesung looked uncertain to Ryeowook and the boy nodded in approval. Yesung smiled a bit shy. “Is it really alright? I don´t want to brag in...”

Of course it´s alright! You are my friend! Friends are always welcomed in here” Ryeowook smiled gently at Yesung and the boy so happy about it. He told them he would come if something would happen again.

 

 

 

 

 

Later at night Yesung laid in his bed and thought about what happened the day. He was so happy. It has been so long he felt this way. His thoughts wandered from Ms. Kim´s offer to Ryeowook.

He was so happy today. I really loved how he was smiling the whole time. His smile just fascinates me. How can someone have such a beautiful smile? It always warms my heart up and I always have to star. Am I weird? His eyes, his smile... just everything seems to be perfect. Maybe he is different? Maybe this time it will be alright? Should I trust him? Is this love...? No! It can´t be... I will just hurt him... I can´t.. Never!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yesung didn´t sleep well that night. He had a nightmare again. But this time it was a different one, the boy didn´t have a good mood.

Yesung walked to school and was deep in thoughts about his last dream. He walked and didn´t notice Donghae, Hyukjae and Ryeowook walking in front of him. When they saw him, they waited. After he had been close enough, they called him. But Yesung didn´t react and walked further until he nearly bumped into Donghae.

Oh my! I´m sorry, I didn´t see you” Yesung said shocked. He was way to deep in thoughts to notice them.

We were calling you but you didn´t react” Hyukjae grinned.

They walked to school. Yesung didn´t say much and at lunch break he didn´t talk with the boys. The others noticed something was wrong, but didn´t know how to ask, because Yesung really was deep in his thoughts and looked bothered.

 

Yesung, is something wrong?” Donghae finally asked. Yesung looked up and looked a bit confused.

You seem like something is bothering you” Hyukjae explained. Yesung shock his head “No, it´s nothing.”

Are you sure?” Ryeowook didn´t believe him and looked worried.

I just had a nightmare that bothers me somehow” Yesung closed his eyes. At that moment a breeze blew and Yesung enjoyed it. He slowly fell asleep and his head landed on Ryeowook´s shoulder. Like always.

The boy really liked this moments, it felt like he was so close with Yesung, who always seemed so far away.

Donghae and Hyukjae were sitting in front of them and looked at them with a huge grin. Ryeowook didn´t let himself be bothered by them. He just wanted to enjoy this moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After school the boys went all to Yesung´s home. Only Ms. Han was at home.

Where is everyone?” Yesung asked Ms. Han.

Hangeng and Heechul are watching a movie and Kairi is with Yuri and Mie at the playground.”

It´s so weird when it´s so quiet in here” Yesung grinned and Ms. Han agreed.

 

The boys were talking about random things and Ms. Han was sitting with them. She noticed that something was wrong with Yesung. “What´s wrong?”

I had a weird dream. Doesn´t matter how much I think about it I only remember small parts from it and it just doesn´t seem to fit with my memories” Yesung answered thoughtfully.

What do you mean?” she asked confused.

I only remember those hurtful memories after Umma´s death to Appa´s death. But in my dream I was in my hospital after the accident and Appa came by and smiled so much. He told me a lot about Umma, all those things I seemed to have forgotten now. The scene changed and I was with Appa at a playground. Every time I saw him he was just smiling, that´s so weird. He even never smiled that much when Umma was alive, from how much I remember. I don´t remember it. It´s so weird, if those memories are true how was I not able to recognize he was acting strange?” he paused. “It was like he wanted to create good memories that urgently. But then why did I forget them? Was it because I didn´t recognize anything? Was I that blind?”

Ryeowook, Donghae and Hyukjae were surprised he told Ms. Han everything, after she asked only once.

Umma... you knew them, right? Was my Appa really like that? Was he really that weak? Am I really so much like him? Am I also weak? Did he really think it was alright to leave me alone? Why do I sometimes hate him so much for leaving me alone..?” Yesung laid his head against Ms. Han and she patted his head. “Yes, I knew them. You´re not weak, I think you are just as strong as your mother was. It hurts, right? All those bad memories hurt, but the good ones hurt even more..., because you want that time to come back. Your dad was always weaker. With your mother he totally changed. After the death of your mother he lost everything that was important for him.” Ms. Han tried to calm him down with a soft voice, she knew he was quietly crying.

Wasn´t I reason enough to live on? Was I nothing? Was I that worthless to him? Why? Why? I just don´t understand him..” his voice cracked. The boys were worriedly looking at him. They never saw him upset like that.

What are you talking about?! Do you know how proud he was after your birth? He went around bragging so much about you!” she laughed at the memory. “ He loved you as much as he loved your mother. He wrote it himself, right? He felt like he would lose everything he loved, so he decided to leave first. I don´t know why he choose your birthday, but I think he couldn´t take it anymore. He didn´t want to lose you. He loved you, Jong Woon.” she purposely called him by is real name, this way it would get deeper into him. He slowly released himself from Ms. Han and looked at her. She slowly Yesung´s cheek.

Oh my! Yesung! You´re burning! No matter you´re talking so much about this! I knew it was weird!” She quickly stood up and carried a thermometer with her.

Yesung! You have a fever! 39 degrees!” everyone was shocked. They didn´t thought it would be that high. She turned to the boys and asked them if they could bring him up to his room and if they could take care of him, until she came.

The boys made sure Yesung was lying in his bed and had it warm. Ryeowook was acting all motherly. He made sure Yesung took medicine, helped him to change his cloths into more comfortable ones and made sure Yesung was warm.

When Ms. Han came everything was perfect, Yesung just had to eat some food she made and than had to sleep.

Unfortunately Ms. Han had not enough medicine at home, she told the boys to look after him so she could go buy some. “And if he has a nightmare or looks like he is torturing himself please wake him up! His dreams always get worse when he is ill. AND watch out you won´t get sick!”

 

The boys were sitting close to Yesung and looked so everything would be fine. Half and hour passed and than Yesung seemed to dream something. They first didn´t know if it was a nightmare but soon they noticed Yesung was sweating and he looked like he was torturing himself. Ryeowook stood up right away and tried to wake him up. After a view attempts he succeeded. Yesung shoot up and looked at them.

Are you alright? Does anything hurt?” Ryeowook asked slowly. Yesung shock his head and was looking at Ryeowook.

Thank you for waking me up..” he thanked. The boys were so terribly worried about him and he noticed it. “You shouldn´t be to close or you will get my cold.” he said but the boys just shock their heads. “You´re sick and someone has to look after you and as friends this is our job until Ms. Han is back.” Donghae said and didn´t let Yesung talk further.

Lay down. Your sick! A sick person has to rest. You should try to sleep more, don´t worry if it seems like you have a nightmare again we will wake you up.” Hyukjae smiled and helped Yesung lying down.

 

Some time later everyone came back home. The boys noticed it because suddenly it got loud. Hyukjae stood up and walked downstairs.

Hey guys.” he greeted them.

What are you doing here?” Kairi asked surprised. Hyukjae told them everything.

Is he fine?” Yuri asked carefully.

You want to look yourself?” Hyukjae asked and Yuri nodded. They went up to Yesung´s room and she looked worried.

Hello Ryeowook Oppa, Donghae Oppa.” she smiled. “It looks like it´s not that bad.” she looked relived. She noticed Yesung was holding Ryeowook´s hand tightly and smiled. “He always does this. Normally it´s Umma or Heechul oppa.”

Heechul?” Hyukjae asked.

Yes, they often fight, but actually they really trust each other. Yesung oppa once told me that they can understand each others feeling, because their past resembles.” she smiled.

She stayed a little longer, but than Heechul came and chased her out, so she won´t get sick.

I don´t know which superpower you have, but Yesung really seems to trust you a lot” Heechul looked at Ryeowook. “Please don´t hurt him, okay?”

I never intend to do.” Ryeowook smiled. “By the way, where is Ms. Han? She is already gone for so long” he wondered.

The next store is a bit far from here, so it takes some time.” Heechul explained. Yesung turned around and slowly loosened his grip, so Ryeowook could take his hand away.

Yesung started to sweat a lot again. Heechul sat beside him on the bed and began to his hair. “Aish! This boy.. always getting sick.” he shock his head.

 

Heechul always seemed rude, but actually he was a pretty nice guy. He really cared about Yesung and knew how he was feeling with just one look.

 

Yesung stopped sweating so much and looked peaceful.

After Ms. Han came back home the 3 boys went home. Ms. Han gave them some medicine which they should take so they won´t catch the cold from Yesung.

 

Different from usual Yesung dreamed even more and Heechul had to wake him up a lot at night. So he decided to lay beside Yesung and to hold him close. This made the boy feel at ease and he slept without having another dream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the next day Yesung and Heechul didn´t go to school. Heechul was way to worried to leave Yesung alone. Ms. Han had to work so no one would be at home.

Hangeng went alone with Kairi to school. They were in different classes, but the rooms where next to each other. Yesung always went to school alone, he didn´t want to ruin the good mood of the others.

Hangeng always had a bad feeling about letting Kairi alone, so he naturally looked after her. Maybe it was because he was the oldest, but he had those feelings for all the kids. He wanted to protect his new family no matter what. Even if that would mean to get into danger himself.

In lunch break Hangeng was walking around with Kairi and Jiho. Suddenly they saw someone was bothering Ryeowook. The short boy had some books in his hands and leaned against the lockers. He was obviously afraid of the boys in front of him. Hangeng decided to interfere.

And here I thought I told you to never go near my dongsaeng and his friends.” He growled after he had stood behind them. They recognized him right away and wanted to punch him, but Hangeng had only to move a little and the boys run away. Ryeowook looked a little surprised.

Sorry, did I scare you?” Hangeng asked worried, but Ryeowook shock his head. “No. Thank you..” he said shyly.

Kairi and Jiho came closer and smiled at Ryeowook. “You shouldn´t walk around alone. Was it the first time they did that?” Kairi asked worried.

Yes, they never bothered me before.” Ryeowook said thoughtfully.

Than it could be, because you´re friends with Yesung.” Hangeng said and took his phone out. He wrote something and than shortly after that it rang.

Calm down, he is alright. I just wanted to tell you. Like I said he is alright.” Hangeng said gently and than gave Ryeowook the phone.

Ryeowook are you alright?” Yesung asked worried and than coughed.

Yes, Yesung. I´m fine. Don´t worry” Ryeowook reassured him and Yesung sighted relived. “Please don´t walk around alone, ok?” Yesung asked and after Ryeowook agreed they hang up.

Hangeng accompanied Ryeowook to his classroom and at Hangeng´s sight everyone started to act careful. They went to Donghae and Hyukjae and Hangeng said lightly deepening his voice and talking loud enough for the other classmates to hear. “Some bastards tried to bother Ryeowook-ahh. If I get those into my hands, who knows what will happen. And I even told them to let their hands of from Yesung and his friends.” he shock his head in disbelieve and than looked around threatening. Even Hyukjae and Donghae were lightly cowed by him.

Hangeng always kept his word and everyone in school knew it.

If something happens again don´t be afraid telling Yesung or me. I won´t let them hurt my dongsaeng´s fiends.” he smiled and was about to leave, but stopped and tuned around once more. “ I´m pretty sure Yesung would be happy if you would visit him today. You can come over anytime. Just let me know I will walk with you.”

 

 

After school Hangeng waited for the boys and went home together.

Where is Kairi noona?” Hyukjae wondered.

She is on a date with Jiho” Hangeng grinned.

I thought she has a stalker? Is that alright?” Donghae said worried.

Oh believe me he won´t bother her or any girl anymore.” Hangeng smirked and the boys looked confused at him.

Yesung and I already took care of him. Never make any of us angry and never both, Yesung and me.” he laughed. The boys looked at him with big eyes and they all had the same thought: Poor guy!

 

When they arrived at the house they went in.

Yah! Yesung I told you to lay down!” Heechul shouted.

I told you I´m fine! My fever went down already!” Yesung talked back.

Yah! You rude child! Have some respect! And start listening to your hyung!” Heechul shouted back again.

Hangeng and the boys were at the entrance and heard them shouting. Hangeng sighted, not again.

He went in and told the boys to stop yelling around, but they didn´t hear them. Donghae and Hyukjae were enjoying the scene and Ryeowook looked just helpless. The boys shouted around even more, but than Hangeng shouted “YAH! I told you to shut up!”, the boys jumped in surprise and were quiet at instant.

What´s up with you? Always fighting!” Hangeng scolded them. The boys wanted to answer, but Hangeng gave them an angry look so they decided it would be better if they were quiet.

And if you didn´t notice we have visitors” he said, he wen to Heechul and kissed him, than took his arm to drag him with him upstairs. Yesung turned to the boys and smiled at them. “Hey..” he greeted them shyly.

I never saw you yelling like that” Hyukjae smirked and Yesung grinned. “Somehow I´m only like this with Heechul.”

The boys were talking and Ryeowook brought all the school work with him. He collected everything they got, so Yesung wouldn´t miss anything. Ryeowook explained him everything and Hyukjae listened. He didn´t get anything in class so this could help him finally getting it. They were sitting on the couch.

When they were finished Yesung looked apologetic to Ryeowook. “Sorry about yesterday and that you now have to teach me everything...”

No, that´s fine. You got sick, that´s not your fault and I didn´t only teach it you, so don´t worry. I´m pretty sure Hyukjae didn´t understand anything until now” Ryeowook smiled and Hyukjae grinned because he was caught. Yesung smiled softly and than looked worried. “I´m sorry that you were bothered by those guys today.. it´s my fault.”

Hangeng hyung was there so nothing happened. And I won´t walk around alone anymore so don´t worry” Ryeowook smiled and reassured Yesung.

Mianhae..” Yesung was apologetic to them all. He didn´t want any friends of his to be in danger because of him.

They only come near us when you´re not there, right? So you can´t be sick and have to hurry and come back to school. This way no one will do anything to us.” Ryeowook smiled cutely.

You don´t have to apologize.” Hyukjae said and wanted to smash Yesung´s shoulder, but he punched to hard and Yesung didn expect that to happen. He lost balance and somehow landed on the floor. The boys looked at each other and began to laugh.

At that moment Heechul and Hangeng came in and looked confused at Yesung. Why was he lying on the floor?

The other boys started to laugh even more when they saw Heechul´s and Hangeng´s look.

I didn´t laugh this much for so long!” Yesung tried to stop laughing, because his tummy was already hurting, but it didn´t work. He was laughing so much he cried.

When he finally was able to stop laughing Hyukjae wanted to help him standing up, but Yesung wanted revenge. He took Hyukjae´s hand and pulled him down. Yesung was standing now, but Hyukjae landed on the floor. Everyone started laughing once more.

They didn´t notice Ms. Han came back. She stood at the entrance of the living room and smiled happily at them. It was so long ago she saw Yesung being so happy.

Umma! You´re finally back! I´m starving!” Heechul recognized her. She laughed and told them the food would be ready really fast, so the boys had to wait only a little.

The three girls came home at the right time. The food was just finished so everyone could eat.

They were so happy, no one thought it was just the calm before the storm.

 


A/N:

I could kill my teachers>-< always acting like i have sooo much free time grrr._.

Anyway here is the new chapter!:) hope you like it! please comment and don´t forget to subscribe so you won´t miss any new updates:D

Will try updating next week, but i don´t know if it will work...

Love you all♥♥♥