Happiness

Haru - One Day

A/N: Read Chapter 19 first! Douple update~

 


“Landlord Dong-sii?” Yesung wondered and the man nodded. “And who are you?” he asked.

“My name is Kim Jong Woon, I lived some years ago I room 10.” Yesung answered and bowed.

“Jong Woon-ah! It has been so long! How are you?” the man smiled warmly.

“I'm fine, thank you, and you?” Yesung said and the man laughed. “I'm getting old these days.” he grinned. “So, what brought you here?”

“There's a favor I'd like to ask you. It has been some time, but I know you never rented that room again. I don't know why you didn't do it, but I'm glad you didn't. What I would like to ask you is, if I could go inside that room. I want to get over my past.” Yesung said. The man nodded. “It's okay, you can go inside.” he took some keys and walked to the room. “It was a tragic loss that happened. I remember it like yesterday. You cared so much about him and after you had gotten into that accident he changed completely. You both seemed so happy, no one thought that would happen.” the man said and opened the door. “I will be back in my room, when you're finished come and tell me.” He put his hand on Yesung's shoulder and walked away, knowing the boy would've want to be alone. Ryeowook also wanted to go, but Yesung didn't wanted him to. He quickly gripped his wrist and hold him firmly. “Don't go. I need you.” Yesung mumbled.

Ryeowook stood behind Yesung and laid his free hand on his back, supporting him. They still didn't go inside and Yesung wasn't sure if he should. That room contained many memories, good ones but also bad ones. He took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. He gripped a bit tighter onto Ryeowook's hand and they walked from the entrance into a big room. Ryeowook assumed it was the living room. Yesung slowly let go of Ryeowook's hand and walked to the middle of the room. The room was empty, but Yesung could still remember were everything was. He slowly turned around and watched the room closely. Images of him running around or playing with his father appeared. He could hear their laughter and his fathers voice, the voice he missed for a long time. He closed his eyes and let that voice sink into his heart.

He walked into every room, Ryeowook right behind him. The last room was the one Yesung was the most afraid of to enter, the bathroom. His hand was on the door knob, but he couldn't open it. It was to hard for him. Yesung turned around and leaned his back against the door. His face was pale and cold sweat run down his temple. Ryeowook slowly brushed some strands of hair away of Yesung's face and rested his hand on the others cheek. “It's okay, Yesung. Don't push yourself. Take your time.” Ryeowook said smiling lightly. Yesung closed his eyes and took some deep breaths. Than he turned around again. With one hand he hold Ryeowook's and with the other he slowly opened the door. He walked inside, with his look down. Slowly, he looked up. Suddenly he saw red blood on the floor and his father laying inside the tube. It felt like he was still that little child, that found his dead father.

Flashbacks of him running to his father and calling over and over for him crossed his mind. “Appa! Appa! Appa!” he called desperately.

Back to reality Yesung stumbled back and felt a panic attack raise. His head was spinning and it was hard to breath. He smelled the fresh smell of blood and couldn't handle it. He knew it was all his imagination, but it felt to real. He began to breath harshly and was about to lose his balance, when suddenly Ryeowook was in front of him and hugged him. “It isn't real, it's only your imagination.” the short boy whispered.

Yesung leaned onto him and tried to calm down. It's only your imagination, it isn't real. He repeated again and again in his mind.

Ryeowook's warm embrace made him slowly calm down and his breath went back to normal. And also his head stopped spinning.

Ryeowook rubbed Yesung's back, he wanted to help, but didn't know how. He only could think about a deep and warm embrace.

Yesung slowly pulled away and looked around the room, it seemed lonely without any furniture. He watched the room some more, when he was finally able to make again. “Everything looks so different, but still so familiar. I can remember so many moments that happened inside this apartment, it scares me. Do I remember it really right? Was it really like that? That's all I can think about.” Yesung said and walked to the entrance. He and Ryeowook went outside, but before he left all the sad and hurtful memories inside and only took the good ones with him. They were about to leave, when they heard a woman behind them. “Oh, are you moving in here? I never saw you before.” The woman, that walked out of the room beside, said.

“No, Ms Park.” Yesung said, remembering her well. “It has been a long time, it's me Jong Woon.” he added.

“Jong Woon-ah!” The woman exclaimed surprised. “You're all grown up! I didn't recognize you.”

“It has been some time you saw me, so that's normal.” Yesung said smiling.

“Aigoo, that cute little kid grow up nicely.” the woman said teasingly and Yesung laughed.

“You still have your smile, that's a relieve to see.” she said smiling and came closer to Yesung. She hugged him and Yesung hugged back.

“Ms Park this is Ryeowook. Ryeowook this is Ms Park. She lived already back then here and knew me since my father and I have moved in. She and Umma were good friends.” Yesung said and Ryeowook bowed lightly. “Ms Han lived her too?” he questioned. “Yes, she lived in room 9, right next to us.”

“What brought you here?” The woman questioned.

“To be honest, Ryeowook is my boyfriend. All I do is linger in the past and I can't be happy. When I'm unhappy, won't the people that love me be unhappy too? I don't want him to be unhappy.” Yesung said smiling. “That's why I have to move on, so I can give him the love back he gives me.”

The woman smiled lovingly and said “You love him a lot, don't you?” Yesung nodded smiling. “Without him I would still drown in sorrow. He shows me what love and happiness means. I want him to be happy too, so I have to move on.”

“It's nice to hear you want to move on. I know the past years weren't easy for you and you must have felt really lonely. You have someone beside you, that makes you happy and you want to make him happy too. That's normal. You are strong. Your father always said, when we told him he is strong, that he wasn't the one being strong but you. He said, that you were the one giving him strength. Your smile saved him millions of times.” The woman said smiling lightly.

“My smile?” Yesung asked confused.

“Yes, your smile.” the woman said warmly. “At first you were like a haunting ghost. You were like a exact copy of hers. He said especially your smile and your shining eyes were the hardest for him. When the accident happened he realized that with losing you, he will lose your mother forever. She was living on inside of you; you were their treasure. One day before he took his life, he told me he was afraid of losing the last person he loved. He told me he was a living curse and only when he ended that curse the last person he loved, you, would be able to live. Sadly I only understand now what he meant. It's sad he choose the wrong.” the woman said sadly.

“No one of us knew he would do that. He hide his thoughts to well. I was always beside him, I should have noticed it.” Yesung said hurting. Ryeowook looked at him sadly and squeezed his hand lovingly.

“Jong Woon-ah, it isn't your fault. You were only a little child, how can you even think that? We grown ups should have noticed, not you.” The woman hugged Yesung tightly and than pulled away. “It isn't your fault. Move on, you deserve it.” The woman smiled lightly and than excused herself.

Yesung and Ryeowook walked around. Yesung was the whole time quiet, trying to process what happened. Near a small secluded way they sat down on a bench.

“I know that feeling.” Yesung muttered after some time. “I know that feeling so well, to feel like a living curse.”

Ryeowook looked worried up to him and noticed the red, teary eyes. Yesung tried his best he won't start crying. Ryeowook stood up and stood in front of Yesung. He slowly lifted his chin with some fingers and smiled lightly. “You both aren't a living curse, that's wrong.”he said comforting. “We are happy to have you beside us. Both of your parents loved you, and they surely did. What your mother meant with connecting her with your father through you birth, was that no matter if they would die, they would be together inside of you. You grow up, even for a short while, with their caring, their feelings and their unchangeable love. They were proud to be able to call you their son and I'm sure right now if they could see you giving your best to move on and be happy, they would be even prouder. My mother told me, you can't explain or understand the love of a parent, before you get to be one. We may won't understand it now, but once we get to experience it to be parents, we will understand. I believe, that one day you will be able to be happy. When that day arrives, I will be by your side. I won't leave you, no one of us will. Even if someone dies, as long as we remember them, they will be alive in our hearts.” Ryeowook touched Yesung's chest on the left side. “ Even if they are dead, they live in here. As long as you remember their love, they will be alive beside you. A person only really dies, once we forget them. Always remember them and they will be beside you.”

Tears made their way through the dark haired boy's face. He stood up and pulled Ryeowook into a deep hug. He pulled him as close as possible, but not hurting him.

“Thank you, thank you very much.” he whispered. “You are right, as long as I remember them, they will be alive.” They sat back down on the bench and cuddled close together, intertwining their hands and enjoying the others warmth.

“I'm so happy.” Yesung said quietly, with closed eyes. “I'm blessed to have you beside me and be able to call you my boyfriend. What would I do without you? You're like an angel on earth, sent by my parents to save me.” Yesung leaned his head on Ryeowook's shoulder, like he always did, when he was happy or sad. The boy's shoulder were a sign of support.

Ryeowook laid an arm around Yesung and kissed his head. “Thank you.” he said smiling.

 

“Wookie? There is someone I want to introduce you to. Can you come along?” Yesung wondered. Ryeowook couldn't guess who Yesung meant, but he figured he would find out sooner or later. “Of course.” he answered.

Some time later they got up and walked to the bus station. They got into the bus and near a flower shop they got out.

“Let's get some flowers first.” Yesung said smiling and entered the shop. “Good evening.” He said friendly and the shop woman greeted back, smiling brightly.

“Isn't it to soon to come, it hasn't been a year.” The woman said friendly.

“That's true, but I want to visit them.” Yesung said back and watched some flowers. “I'll take the same as always.”

The woman nodded and began collecting the flowers for a bouquet. “A white rose means loyalty and purity, at the same time it can be a sign of farewell.” she said and picked up some roses and turned to the next flower. “Dark tulips are a deep love and affection.” she said smiling at Yesung. “Lilies, real love and purity.”

The woman walked to the other side of the shop and took some forget-me-not. “When a couple gives each other forget-me-not, the person shows his love and loyalty. However if you give it to a family member, you're telling: 'We belong together.' “ she picked up the last flowers for the bouquet. “Calla-lilies, grief and immortality. If I didn' know it's a present for your parents, I would have assumed you will give it to your lover.” the woman said smiling brightly. “A simple pick of flowers, but it contains a deep meaning. You show with this flowers, that you love them unconditionally and that you miss them.” She handed him the bouquet and Yesung paid for it.

 

“How do you know so much about flowers?” Ryeowook wondered.

“Ms Han told me Umma loved flowers. Appa always gave her some and after some time Umma wanted to know the meanings of them. He loved to give her red roses and dark tulips, they show a deep love. He showed er through flowers how much he loved her, I think it's cute.” Yesung said smiling. “I'm not good with words, but these flowers show thousands of feelings. I like it.”

They were walking until they entered the cemetery. That was when Ryeowook finally understood, Yesung wanted to introduce him to his parents. The boy wasn't sure, if it was alright to go to the grave. Yesung never brought anyone, beside Myung Soo, to the grave and maybe he would regret it later on.

Yesung was confused when he noticed, that Ryeowook stopped at the entrance. He held out his hand and said “Come”.

Ryeowook hesitated “Are you sure?” he said fidgeting.

“Of course.” Yesung said smiling. Ryeowook also smiled up and took Yesung's hand. Who was he to say no, when Yesung wanted him to come along?

They walked past many graves, and Yesung noticed Ryeowook was feeling sad. He squeezed his hand lightly and smiled. “We're nearly there.” A few graves further, they were there. Ryeowook noticed it when Yesung stopped.

“Umma, Appa, I'm here again, but today I'm not alone. I want to introduce someone to you. This is my boyfriend, Kim Ryeowook. I told you about him the last time is was here, he s the one with that amazing smile. And his eyes are still as beautiful as before. I still get that feeling of drowning in his eyes, when I not so secretly look at them. He always gazes back and his eyes sparkle when he catches me starring. I'm really afraid of losing him, because he is perfect. I sound weird, don't I? Because of him I want to move on. I want to be happy beside him, he deserves it. After Myung Soo lied to me and used me I lost the trust in love. Ryeowook showed me what real loves feels like. With just one person, a really special person, by your side you can feel so different. Every time he is beside me, I feel so loved. It's difficult to describe it, but I'm sure you know what I mean. He has taken so many space in my heart, it's nearly full with just him. My heart was like a always open wound, that didn't get the opportunity to heal. Ryeowook once told me, what my heart needs is love, I think he was right. His love is healing my wounded heart step by step. Because of his love I can move one again. But before I can move on, I have to overcome my past. It was hard losing both of you, it really was. I gave myself the fault that both of you died, but today I was proved wrong. It's like my heart was in a cage before and now it's set free. I didn't allow myself to be fully happy, because I took your happiness away. It's wrong, right? Because today I learned that I was your happiness. Thus as long as I live healthy and happily, I live your happiness. Appa, you know you told me in your letter, that your are weak. I think you were wrong. Just like Umma, you were strong, really strong. You did your best for me and I'm so thankful because of that. A parents love is the most incredible love on earth. I didn't remember much about Umma till now, but when I read her letter it was like she was beside me. Umma, you asked so many questions I should answer, right? So I begin with it: I have a boyfriend and he is really nice, you would've loved him. He never makes me cry and I also try so I won't make him cry. He's my treasure.

I have two really good friends and they are awesome. I never met people like them before and they really care for me. I'm cherishing them as much as I can.

I have a new family, too. Umma adopted us all. It's nice that we are now a real family. It always felt like it, but now we are it by paper. I really love them all.

Umma, believe me when I tell you I literally love eating.” Yesung and Ryeowook giggled lightly, both knowing Yesung really loved eating. “And Ryeowook makes the most amazing food possible! I can melt away, while eating it. It's more than delicious! I never starve, because Umma and Wookie are feeding me well.

I love to shower or bath for a long time. I try to look handsome, too. According to Ryeowook I really look good.” Yesung laughed lightly. “If you knew how much I fight, you would've killed me by now. But even through I'm a real bother for some teachers, I'm the top student in my year. The better I am, the easier it will be to get into a good university, right? It feels like you have some kind of super powers, because nearly everything you wanted me to be, became the truth. I love singing and the people around me tell me to become a singer. I'm aiming for a music university, where I can improve my skills.

I know you were blaming yourself for leaving me alone, but your letter made up with that. It has so many thoughts of you in it, when I read it I'm feeling happy and loved. Thank you, for writing it.

Umma. Appa. It's finally time for me to move on. I have to forget the sadness and live with the happiness. I miss you and I'll remember you forever. You two ate for me the most precious people in the world and you are the reason I'm alive and I'm able to meet such amazing people, that love me like I love them. Umma, Appa, I love you. Thank you for everything.” Yesung smiled dearly and closed his eyes for a second. He could swear he felt his parents warmth while hugging him. When he opened his eyes again the magical feeling was gone, but his heart felt different. The wounds that seemed to never heal, felt like healing instantly. The part of his heart that was filled with sadness was now full of happy memories. He swore to himself to never forget those precious memories again.

Yesung turned to Ryeowook and took both of his hands. “I swear to you, in front of my parents grave, that I will make you happy. From today onward I will try my best to make you smile forever and cherish you more that anyone. I promise to love you forever and stay by your side. Even if you want to get ride of me, it will be impossible, because I'll be like glued to you. I love you.” Yesung smiled brightly and made Ryeowook cry. He hugged Yesung and cried into his chest.

“Don't cry.” Yesung whispered softly. Ryeowook pulled away and wiped his tears away. “I'm so happy. This was the best love confession I ever heard.” Ryeowook said grinning widely. Yesung couldn't hold back his grin, when Ryeowook added “Don't worry, I'll stick to you and you won't ever get ride of me. I love you too.”

Yesung shortly pecked the younger's lips and than turned to the grave. “It's time to say goodbye until next year.” He smiled one last time and was ready to leave, but Ryeowook stopped him. “Ms Kim, Mr Kim, I'm Ryeowook, Yesung's boyfriend. You don't have to worry about your boy. I'll take good care of him, so he will be happy again. I love him a lot and I won't let him go. Please watch over us and protect us.” Ryeowook smiled at Yesung and the latter took his hand. They bowed lightly and said “Goodbye.”

They took the next bus home and cuddled while driving. It was getting colder, because autumn was nearly over and winter would come soon. Soon they reached Yesung's home. When they entered the could already smell the delicious food.

“We're back.” Yesung said when he entered the living room. All eyes were instantly on him, with a worried look. Yesung smiled at them and sat beside Ryeowook and Ms Han down at the table.

Some time later Ms Han walked to the kitchen and came back with a pot of soup. She smiled dearly at Yesung and gave everyone a plate with food. Ms Han was happy, that Yesung looked happy. She was worried Yesung wouldn't be able to progress everything people would tell him.

Yesung pulled out the letter. “Umma wrote a letter for me.” Yesung said smiling. “It looks like she had some kind of super power.” he giggled lightly. He handed her the letter and and the woman read it smiling widely. “Aish, that's so just like I remember her. I still remember the times she fought in school or bragged about how handsome her son is.” Ms Han smiled at Yesung. “I never told you, but she asked me to take care of you, because you need a mother by your side. It makes me really proud to fulfill that wish of hers. She never gave other people what she loved, so approving me to take care of you means a lot. She believed in me and trusted me, those are things she didn't do easily.” Ms Han caressed Yesung's cheek. “I knew your parents from Middle School onward and there are so many ways you resemble them. From the way you talk and act, to that beautiful eyes and smile. You were one of those lucky children that were loved unconditionally and are even now. They left their love, their eternally connection, in you, their beloved son.” Ms Han had teary and Yesung was also close to cry. The boy hugged her tightly and whispered “Thank you.”

The whole evening Yesung kept on smiling. It was the first time for everyone to see him that happy and they loved to see it. You could feel the happiness while looking at Yesung, and that made everyone happy too. The distant feeling Yesung always had seemed to disappeared. They simply loved to see him like that.

 

Yesung and Ryeowook went up to Yesung's room and enjoyed the presence of each other. They were talking about different things and laughed a lot.

A while later Yesung sat down beside Ryeowook on the bed. He laid his head on the lap of the younger and smiled up to him. Ryeowook looked down, also smiling, and caressed the boys dark and soft hair.

“What are you thinking about?” Ryeowook asked, after they had been quiet for some time. Yesung smiled and laid his hand on Ryeowook's cheek. “Wookie, one day when we get married, let's adopt a child or two. We may won't be able to get one together, but we can let a child out there feel the love of a parent. Let's let a child, that may have lost the trust in the world like me, experience what love and happiness means. I want to save a child, like you saved me.” Yesung said smiling softly.

Ryeowook was surprised, he never thought Yesung would have such thoughts. The short boy took Yesung's hand and intertwined their fingers. “That sounds wonderful, let's do that.”

Ryeowook leaned down and kissed Yesung softly. He started to hum a soft and soothing melody. Combined with his caressing of Yesung's hair, it made the boy sleepy. It didn't take long, until the short boy slowly guided him into sleep.

This was the start of that 'One Day', the beginning of happiness. When that 'One Day' turned into 'Today'.

 


 

A/N:

So actually, this is the end. BUT I can't just leave it like that. I have thought of a better way to end it~ I wanted to finish Haru- One day before school starts again, but I won't be able to make it. School starts again in a week, but I will keep on writing to update the last chapters~ I don't know how much I will get together, but it should be around 1 to 2 chapters.

I hope you liked the double update~

tumblr_mmqvovyka41r4jxpwo1_500.gif

Love you all~♥♥