New school

Haru - One Day

He was in a black room. It was pitch black and he could not see or hear anything. Slowly he turned around but there was nothing, just nothing!

This can not be true! Where am I?! What am I doing hear?! Where is everyone?! He began to panic.

First he walked slowly but every step he took he got faster and faster. There!, he thought, there is a light!

When he finally reached the light he saw persons standing around him in a circle. Suddenly he was not a teenage boy anymore, he was only 5 years old. Everyone around him watched him and he could hear: Pure boy. It´s so sad. And he is only 5 years old...

 

NO! Stop this! I don´t want to hear that! He wanted to run away but he could not move his feet.

 

Pure boy.. he´s only 6 years old..

Is he fine?

I heard it was his fault!!

 

He covered his ears, not wanting to hear anything! I am not at fault! I am not! No!

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly he woke up, cold sweat running down his temple. He trembled, again the same dream like every night..

He could not move even an inch. It was to much!

 

Nearly 10 minutes have passed when he slowly gazed at the clock. , looks like I have to run! I can not be late on my first day of school!

 

Yes, it was his first day in his new school. The fifth school already in 2 years and he was transferring right after the summer holidays.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally he was at the school. He first had to go to the teachers office to collect his new books and to get his timetable.

The homeroom teacher accompanied him to his new class room.

 

I welcome you in our school. I´m sure you will love it here, Yesung-sii!”, his teacher, Park Jung Soo, said.

Hmm” was everything the boy answered.

 

They entered the class room. Everyone walked to their seat and became quiet. They were curious about the new boy who entered the classroom.

 

So, now everyone is sitting on their place, I have to introduce a new student. This here is Kim Jong Woon-sii.” Jung Soo said.

Everyone watched him. Why do they have to look? And why are they all looking like they are expecting something from me?

 

Jong Woon-sii can you please introduce yourself a bit?” the teacher said with a smile on his face.

 

. He new it, just like always.

 

I am Kim Jong Woon, but everyone calls me Yesung. I am 18 and there is nothing more you should know about me.” he said not even smiling, just looking straight to the class.

Na, na, Yesung-sii! You have to tell more about yourself or you can´t make any friends!” Jung Soo said touching Yesung´s shoulder, still smiling at him.

I don´t need any friends. So that empty seat over there is mine?” he answered coldly. Not even waiting for an answer he went to the seat and sat down.

 

He didn´t want to attract the attention of the class, but he caused the opposite. Everyone was watching him now.

 

Don´t say something like that. I´m sure you will make some friends. So Lee Hyukjae will you take care of Yesung?” the teacher said looking at the boy who sat beside Yesung.

The boy had blond hair, was skinny and kinda handsome.

 

Yah! Jung Soo why always me?” the boy said annoyed.

Because I say so OK? And start respecting the older already! If you don´t want to call me teacher, hyung is also fine!

You have to show Yesung the school! I don´t want to see him missing any class, do you understand? Remember, if you do a fine job you won´t have to do detention for 2 whole weeks, deal?” Jung Soo said in a clam voice.

He doesn´t seem strict, but he knows how to control his students, maybe he will be different...?

Sounds like a deal” Hyukjae said with a big grin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the lunch break Hyukjae waited outside the room with 2 other boys.

Well I am Lee Hyukjae. The boys beside me are Lee Donghae and Kim Ryeowook. Hands off from Hae, he is mine!” the blond boy said.

Don´t worry l´m not interested in love.” Yesung said.

How can you not be interested in love?” Donghae looked directly at him.

This is my business. Just show me the school so the teacher will be quiet, OK?” he said to Hyukjae.

Fine”, he answered.

 

They walked around the school showing him the cafeteria, all their classrooms, the school yard, the library and all the club rooms.

They walked upstairs to the roof when Donghae said, “This is our territory. No one comes up her, except us.”

Yeah, because you two can´t keep your hands off each other”, Ryeowook said while rolling his eyes.

Yah! Don´t talk bull!” Donghae said defendant.

But he´s right Hae, how am I even supposed to take my hands off you?” Hyukjae gave Donghae a kiss on the cheek and wrapped his hands around Donghae´s waist.

I´m sorry they are always like that” Ryeowook looked apologetic to Yesung. “I hope you have nothing against gay people.”

No, don´t worry. And not like it´s my business. So don´t apologize I hate it to be apologized to.” Yesung said shrugging his shoulders.

I think I like you, so we should be friends, right Hae and Wookie?” Hyukjae said with a big grin and stretched his arm out to Yesung.

I don´t need friends” he said looking straight to Hyukjae

You can´t stay alone forever?” Donghae found it weird of Yesung.

I can. I always were. Friends are a burden, I only need my family!” Yesung said a bit angrily. He hated it the most to explain himself. Whit what he said he walked away, letting the 3 boys staying behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

School took to long, way to long for Yesung. He hated school, yes he hated a lot. But he didn´t wanted to go home. If you could even call it home. An orphanage is not really something for Yesung what you call a home. But he would never tell anyone he was living at a orphanage, he didn´t want to go to the same old situation. Being bullied, no never ever again! No one could ever know. But the biggest reason why he hated going home was because of the orphanage principal.

 

He suddenly felt an arm on his shoulder when he walked home. He turned around ready to punch someone, but could stop himself when he saw it was Ryeowook with Donghae and Hyukjae.

Do not ever come to me from the back if you don´t want to be punched!” Yesung said deepening his voice.

Ryoewook shrugged getting anxious “I-I´m s-sorry”

Hey! Don´t be so harsh to Ryeowook! He just meant it good!” Hyukjae got closer to Yesung getting angry.

Cool down, I din´t meant it this way. I have nothing against you Ryeowook, but just never ever creep up to me! I´m used to get attacked from my back, so I will act from habit.” Yesung said calmly. “And like I said you don´t have to apologize. I shouldn´t have react like that. I´m sorry.”

N-no, it´s fine I will never creep up to you again”

Over Yesung´s lips hushed a tender smile.

 

Whoa, did you see that? He smiled for the first time! Ryeowook really has the power to make other people smile!” Hyukjae pushed Donghae´s shoulder a few times.

Stop it! I´m not blind, I can see it!”

 

Yesungs smile disappeared.

 

Now look what you did!” scolded Donghae.

I can smile. I just rarely do it”

 

By the way are you going home?” Ryoewook asked with his beautiful eyes. He has just this beautiful shiny eyes. Full of live, looking so cheerful, just like mine were back then before THAT happened...

 

Yah, Yesung! Did you listen?” Hyukjae punched his shoulder to bring him back from his dream world.

Hmm? Sorry, I didn´t” he looked at his watch “, I have to go! I have no time!” he turned around and started running.

I can not be late! I don´t want to get into trouble again. The principal hates me already enough!

 

He arrived just in time for dinner. There where 2 little girls, 5 and 7 years, and 2 boys and one girl around Yesung´s age sitting next to him. Yeah, we are a small group. But the principal doesn´t want more kids in here, lucky for me.

 

Such good luck! And I thought I could laugh at you again for doing the duty all week” a boy with longer black hair said.

 

Don´t be silly Heechul I won´t be late, not after last week” Yesung said while welcoming the youngest one.

 

Will you read something for me and Mie?” the girl asked.

Of course, Yuri. For my little princess always!” he said smiling at her.

 

The girl had now a big bright smile on her face. She jumped around telling everyone Yesung oppa will read something for Mie and her.

 

You are only nice to Yuri, kinda unfair” commented a beautiful girl sitting on Yesungs left side. She had a beautiful smile.

That´s not true. I´m kind to those who are nice to me.” he defended himself.

I´m always nice to you and what are you doing you little brat?” she smacked his back and laughed.

She is a kind girl. I don´t now any girl who is kinder than Kairi noona.

 

He liked the orphanage, mostly because he liked all the kinds in there. He only hated the principal, Mr. Han. But all in one everything was fine.

 

After he had finished reading the book for the two girls, Yuri was still awake. “Oppa?”

What is it?”

I can´t sleep..”

Is there something bothering you?” he her forehead.

What if the kids bully me again?” she looked worried.

If it get´s to much you can come to my school, alright?”

Yesung held her hand till she fell deeply asleep. “Don´t worry sunshine.. I won´t let anyone hurt you..” he whispered before leaving the room and going to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

Two weeks had passed. He didn´t sleep much, because he had a nightmare, again.

He walked into the classroom and sat on his seat. Donghae noticed him right away and waved him. Ryeowook and Hyukjae said at the same time “Hi”, but Yesung didn´t answer.

 

At the break Yesung walked to the rooftop thinking he could finally be alone. Hyukjae kept on talking to him nonstop even if he didn´t respond. This gonna be such a long day...

 

Arriving on the rooftop he lied down to sleep a bit, hoping not to have a nightmare again. But he didn´t make this plan with Hyukjae.

 

Come on! let´s scare him” whispered Hyukjae.

I don´t think it´s a good idea...” Donghae said nervously.

He doesn´t like it, Hyukie. I also don´t think it´s a good idea.” Ryeowook looked at the sleeping Yesung. “And he also looked really tired all day. We should just let him sleep”

 

No need to. I am already awake.” the boys shrugged when they heard Yesung talking while standing slowly up.

 

We didn´t want to wake you up” Hyukjae pouted, because his plan failed.

 

Yeah, yeah whatever” Yesung wanted to go but Donghae blocked the door.

 

Why you don´t stay with us? We can eat together, it would be fun” he offered.

I don´t think it is a good idea”

Why we are nice boys aren´t we?”

Fine, but that monkey over there has to stop talking to me nonstop!” he pointed to Hyukjae.

 

Yah. I´m not a monkey!”

 

Yesung ignored him and sat beside Ryeowook. He´s so quiet, I like it. He has a beautiful smile and is kinda shy.

 

Ne, Yesung, did you hear about the school gang?” Hyukjae asked.

No respect, like I see. Yes I heard from them, if you want to ask if i´m afraid like the rest, no. I´m stronger then them, even if I am alone.” he bite his bread.

No, never. Kinda full of yourself?” Hyukjae look teasingly at Yesung.

No. I just know how to defend myself”

 

Right when Donghae wanted to ask why, Yesungs mobile phone rang.

 

Yes? Yeah. Yeah. You don´t have to shout. I can hear you. Alright I will take her home. Yes, I promise. Like I would forget my little sunshine.” Kairi called Yesung for telling him to take Yuri home from kindergarten, because she couldn´t make it.

 

We were talking about going to watch a movie you want to come with us?” Ryeowook smiled at him.

No, I can´t. And it´s not like I am a friend of you.” Yesung replied.

But you ate lunch with us, this makes you a friend.” Donghae said calmly.

Whatever.” Yesung gripped his belongs and walks away.

 

First he talks with us and than this!” hissed Hyukjae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next school hours were torturing for Yesung, it was boring and he didn´t want to listen. But it should change.

Suddenly they heard a knock on the door and a teacher stepped in.

Mister Park? Do you have a moment?” the teacher talked in a pleasant voice.

Of course. What is it Mister Kim?”

Here is a little girl, she doesn´t tell me anything except her name and that she wants to go to this classroom” a little girl was standing beside Mr. Kim.

 

Oh my. What do you want in hear?”

 

...Oppa?” she asked quietly.

Yesung recognized the voice and his head shot up. “Yuri..?”

 

...Oppaaaaaa~” a big teardrop fell down her cheek.

Yesung stood up and went to her pulling her into his wide strong arms. Yuri began to slowly cry. She cried quietly but you could her her sobs sometimes.

ssssh sssh ssssh.. don´t cry my little sunshine.. i´m here” he whispered.

 

Yesung stood slowly up looking at the teacher and holding Yuri´s small hand. “Mr. Park? Can she please stay here for the rest of the day? Just this once..”

 

Why? We can´t let her stay here. She should be picked up.”

Everything but not that! Please, don´t call them.. please..” Yesung pleaded. He bowed his head hoping it will help to convince him.

Just for today?”

Yes, only for today!”

Fine, but she has to be quiet, alright?”

Yes! Thank you very much!!”

 

Yesung took Yuri to the seat next to his, which was luckily empty today. “Stay quiet or I will call them myself. We both don´t want that, do we?”

no.. don´t call them. I will be quiet..” Yuri looked down “thank you, Oppa..” He smiled at her.

 

At lunch break he took her to the rooftop to ask her why and how she came to the school. But he should have known that Hyukjae, Donghae and Ryoewook would be there too. Yuri hide behind Yesung.

Don´t worry we won´t do anything to you” Ryeowook looked at her with his kind smile. Yuri wasn´t sure and looked to Yesung who only nodded encouraging her.

Do you want to eat something? I made it myself you can eat as much as you want” Ryeowook offered her. Yesung nodded again.

After they had eaten something Yesung asked Yuri: “So now you should tell me why are you here and HOW did you even find the way here?!”

She stayed quiet.

Yuri.. you have to tell me or I can´t help you, you know? I promised you, I will help you. Always. I´m not like them I will stay no matter what” he looked with a kind smile at here.

I asked for directions, like you showed me I should do it if I was lost.. and there was this kind Ahjussi who showed me the way.”

Didn´t I tell you not to go with strangers?” Yesung stated.

Yes, you did Oppa. But I now him, I talk to him a lot when I go to the playground with Unnie.”

He breathed out “Why don´t tell me that from the start? ..So what is the reason you are here?”

...” she looked to the ground.

Sunshine..” he lifted her chin “You don´t have to tell me if you don´t want to.. I just want to help you...”

..*sob* t-they were.. they w-were b-bu- bullying *sob* me again..” she whispered while crying.

Oh no.. Again? Don´t cry.. Don´t mind them they know nothing!” he took her in his arms. “I know how you feel.. there is a reason why I changed schools 5 times in 2 years.”

But I thought you changed schools because you punched some guys?” Yuri asked.

He laughed “Yeah, but I punched them because I didn´t want to let me being bullied. It´s always the same reason, that is why I won´t tell it anyone anymore.”

You were bullied?” Ryeowook asked shocked.

Yes, in every school. Just because I´m a little different.” Yesung said with a sad smile.

I know what you mean. When Hyukie and I went public with our relationship we lost a lot of friends, the only one who never said anything is Ryeowook.” Donghae said pointing at Ryeowook.

If it would be just that.. Like I said I´m way different.”

What do you mean?” Hyukjae was curious now.

Sorry, I don´t tell people this. Not till I trust you. I don´t want to offend you, but I don´t trust people that easily. I were betrayed and hurt way to often. The only one I trust is this little sunshine beside me and the rest of the family” he smiled at Yuri.

 

So that´s the reason why he doesn´t want to have any relationships... I don´t know why but I want to change that.. I want to make him belief in friends and love again.. Wait? What am I thinking..? Ryeowook thought.

 

But you love me more than them right?” Yuri looked at Yesung. He laughed. “That´s something different! You are my little sunshine and they are my family.”

We are a big family, aren´t we?” she smiled brightly. Yesung looked to the sky an murmured a quiet: Yes, we are.

 

 

 

 

 

The rest of the day passed faster as Yesung thought. Soon they were already on their way home. Hyukjae, Donghae and Ryeowook walked with them. They didn´t go to the cinema. They walked together, because they lived in the same directions.

Donghae and Hyukjae were the first to part from them. “Bye bye” Yuri waved them till she couldn´t see them anymore.

Do you like them?” Ryeowook asked her. She nodded.

They are really nice. And such good friends” he smiled. He loved it if people liked his two best friends.

Yesung slowly began to panic. He didn´want Ryeowook to find out where he lived.

So, I have do go this direction.” Ryeowook pointed to the streets on their left.

Bye bye Ryeowook oppa” Yuri said sadly.

Don´t be sad i´m sure Yesung hyung will take you to see us again if you want, right?”

If she asks, of course”, Yesung replied.

Fine. Bye. See you at school tomorrow.” Yesung just waved shortly with his hands.

Oppa, I think he is a nice guy. You can trust him.” she said.

Ne, are you sure you are only 5 years old? And I´m sorry, I don´t know yet. I have to find out first. I can´t trust him or others that easily, you know why.” he said.

 

 

When Yesung and Yuri entered the house they saw the principal standing in the living room. .

 


A/N:

Sooo this is the first chapter >.< I really hope you liked it!

Please comment what you thought!:)