nine

Mixed and Mismatched

 

 

"Have you tried hypnotism?" Jiwon whispered inside the cinema. He invited Sujeong after a week after their little incident with Hanbin and he assured her that they were going as friends. Sujeong shoved popcorn in , completely oblivious to the male's question until Jiwon placed a finger in the moment she was munching popcorn again.

Sujeong frowned at Jiwon and bit his finger as hard as she could, a loud yelp escaping the man. Hissing at the female, Jiwon glared but softened when Sujeong shook her head too cutely for his weak heart. "My friend said that before too but I don't like the idea of a strange man hypnotizing me. What if he does something weird?"

"Excuse me sir, ma'am, can you tone down a bit?" a male behind them asks and the Sujeong apologizes quickly so they wouldn't pay attention to Jiwon.

They continue watching the movie and it was half an hour of cheesy lines and dull plot when Jiwon leaned towards Sujeong again. "I know a friend who knows someone who can hypnotize. Do you want to try?"

"No." Sujeong dismisses. "I told you they creep me out."

Jiwon squinted and faced the female completely, not paying attention to the groans and complaints of other movie watchers. "I'll be there anyway! Do you think I'll let someone touch even a strand of your hair?"

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." the security guard whispers as hus flashlight shone to their direction. Jiwon quickly pulled his hat down and walked out, Sujeong trailing him as they ignore the sighs of relief from the other people.

They walk to Jiwon's car, Sujeong entering as the male opens the door for her. It was silent for a few seconds before Sujeong cleared . "Now I'm never going to know how the movie ends."

"The guy will die." Jiwon mutters. He looks at Sujeong and raises a brow and the female only faces her with confusion. "So what do you say? Do we go there?"

"How did you know about it anyway? And why are you so eager to treat me?" Sujeong asks, noting the way the male gulps. "Ah, Hanbin told you."

Jiwon parked the car on the side of the street before turning to the female again. "I promised to help, didn't I?"

 

***

 

"You look like ." Junhoe notes the moment he steps foot inside the composing booth. Jinhwan was already there by the time he arrive which is only logical because it was Jinhwan who told him to come.

Junhoe clears the bench in the cramped room and sits next to Jinhwan whose eye were filled with concern. "Should we call for help?"

"Maybe an IV drip can solve it." The younger of the two suggests and the eldest shakes his head, explaining that the person slumping in front of them had too many.

Hanbin sits quietly in front of his computer, sophisticated beats flowing in the background but the golden sounds that fills the room is the complete opposite of the man who made them.

He doesn't really smell bad, he was in the room for four days straight and if anything, he smells like the Pringles he's been munching on the past few days and as Junhoe would say it, Red Bull and Pringles runs in his veins as they speak. Hanbin could hear the two speaking beside him but he was too immersed in making his song public friendly and classy at the same time. He doesn't want to hear those criticisms again because he didn't train for three years and promoted for another four years only to be called mundane.

"Hanbin, when was the last time you slept?" Jinhwan asked, looking at the leader's condition.

The younger blinked and paused his work for a moment and faced the elder. "What day is it?"

"Thursday." Junhoe replies from the back as he fiddles with the stacks of CDs next to him. "Wait, these are all new songs? How much did you make?"

"I remember sleeping Tuesday night." The rapper answers Jinhwan first before turning to the younger. "About eighteen songs."

Junhoe gasped and crosses his arms. "And you're still making more? Why?"

"That's not important!" Jinhwan exclaims. "Young man you go to the cafeteria and eat real food then go home to sleep!"

Shaking his head, Hanbin faced the computer once more and continued his work. Jinhwan pulled the plug but Hanbin knew that it would only be a matter of time before someone in his team would do that so he plugged the computer under the table. He ignores the eldest sighs and works until he hears Jinhwan sniffle.

"Have you seen yourself?" Jinhwan whimpers, trying to force his tears back in. "Why are you doing this?"

Hanbin paused once again and looked down. "I just want to make new songs for---"

"Stop lying!" Jinhwan shouted. "Not one of us cared what people thought of us as long as we kept making music and you know that! Tell me what's happening so we could help."

The leader softened at Jinhwan's words and he knew he couldn't keep things to the people he considers family. "The CEO told me to get rid of distractions and I did. I have to focus to bring us back to the top. We have to be considered as artists again so I could...so I could get her back."

"Sujeong?" Jinhwan muttered as everything started to make sense. "You broke up with her because Hyunsuk said so?"

Junhoe, who was sitting silently the whole time chuckled at Jinhwan's words. He never knew people from their company could call their CEO by his first name and he felt bad for chuckling in an inappropriate time. Not.

Jinhwan watches as Hanbin nods weakly and he couldn't help but hug the younger, tears flooding his cheeks. Different feelings surged to him, he felt bad and amazed at the same time, bad because he's the eldest and couldn't do anything to help the younger and amazed at Hanbin's strenght and the fact that he chose his group. But the enormous bags that dangled under the leader's eyes, the reddening pupils, and the fact that Hanbin looks like a zombie made him realize that they were a team and he couldn't let Hanbin do all the work.

"Junhoe, make sure Hanbin eats and sleeps." Jinhwan orders, glaring at Hanbin when he opened his mouth to protest.

The youngest wasn't thrilled at the idea of baby sitting their leader but he follows any way and the moment the Hanbin left, Jinhwan fished out his phone and sent a text to everyone.


Get your butts over here, its time to practice.