ten

Mixed and Mismatched

 

"What were you before you...you changed?" Jiwon mutters rather quietly as the two of them sat on the brown couch inside the man's officetel. The two of them were instructed to wait at the officetel since Jiwon's friend who knows someone had to tend to another client. He wasn't really the type to go far for details but he went through with it, asking if it was safe, if it was effective and the likes.

Gulping, the female fiddled with her fingers and let her eyes roam at the little room. "I don't remember clearly but I wasn't that likeable."

It was remarkable, really. The room was small but its interior was note worthy. A dark sofa, where they were sitting on, faced a small TV and beside it was a study table complete with lights and writing materials, a stack of books on top of it as well. On the other side was a small kitchen but it doesn't look like it was used often. Nevertheless, it somehow made Sujeong feel at ease

. "How so?" Jiwon pressed on, now visibly interested in their topic. "Because I didn't have many friends and all, I have a close circle though but they kind of faded away after the accident so, I'm not sure if being me again will be better." Sujeong replied. "I mean what if this version of me is better than before?"

Jiwon stared at the female intently, her words sinking to his brain. "I'd like you anyways."

"What ----"

"Ah, I'm terribly sorry. I was running late, you didn't wait long right?" a man crashes in, sitting on a chair as fast as he could as he pants. The man in front of them was taller than they expected, at least six foot or so but what caught their attention was not his height but the fact that he looks ordinary, way too ordinary for their liking. A clean cut and a clean shave paired with a suit made him look like someone from a high end company. "Oh dear, I disturbed something precious."

Sujeong raised a brow. "You're the hypnotist?"

"Honey, I'm not a hypnotist, I'm a mentalist. There's a big difference so I'm not gonna go through details." The man continued, grabbing her hand quite aggressively at first but he softened when Jiwon looked like he was about to bite his head off. The man closed his eyes for a moment, Sujeong's hand in his and when he opened his eyes, pity was most visible. "My, my you've been through a lot, haven't you?"

Sujeong opened to answer but the man held a hand up and she stopped. "I could see you've already moved on from your parent's death so the accident didn't damage you, being alone did. I'll help you but you have to help yourself as well. When I snap my fingers you will fall asleep and you will be free from the jail your mind built."

"Slowly, slowly," the man murmured in Sujeong's ear and Jiwon watched as Sujeong collapsed at the sofa when he snapped his fingers. He was concerned but he had no choice but to watch because another day of Sujeong suffering from her own mind was too much for Jiwon to know.

The man then faced the idol and he gulped, there was something about the hypnotist's eyes that intimidated him and he had to remind himself to be tougher. "Bobby, Jiwon, you go by many names. Bobby is very successful, he is surrounded by fame and wealth but Jiwon craves love. Anyone could see you love this girl but what's stopping you?"

Jiwon gulped and sat as steady as he could but before he could answer, the strange man stared at him intently. "Ah, your bestfriend. Is this why you go to this extent to help her?"

"Yes." Jiwon muttered quietly.

"Well, I have no say in what you want to do but remember, if you love a rose don't pick it out, water it instead." the male continued, turning back to Sujeong who was slumped by the sofa. "In a count of three, you'll be free from your own mind. One, two..."

 

***

 

"Song Yunhyeong who gave you the right to miss practice?" Jinhwan bellowed inside the practice room, shocking Donghyuk and Chanwoo who stopped breathing at the sight of a very strict Jinhwan.

Junhoe on the other hand was filled with sunshine and rainbows because Goo Junhoe was never late during practice and he thinks its only fair to be called out when you're late. But he's just really happy to see their eldest shouting orders, it wasn't like him to shout so a fuming Jinhwan looks oddly amusing to Junhoe.

Hanbin was grounded for almost a week now and he wasn't allowed to compose or to do anything work related and based on experience, the leader wouldn't risk being shouted at for hours by Kim Jinhwan.

"Where the hell is Kim Jiwon?" The eldest continued, crossing his arms on his chest. "I swear, the company lets us date and you miss every practice! Do your girlfriends even vote for you? Be professional!"

A dead silence fills the room until Junhoe, again, chuckled. "Should we schedule dates like you do?"

"What did you say?" Jinhwan shouted, walking towards the younger like a predator.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm sorry." Jiwon screamed as he stumbles inside the practice room, scratching the back of his neck. His gaze turns to Chanwoo and Donghyuk who kept their hands on their back. "What's up? What's happening? Why are we going to practice? Why do you guys look so scared?"

Jiwon continued to stare at the two before turning his head to a very mad Jinhwan and behind him was a newly scolded Yunhyeong and a smirking Junhoe. The eldest was crossing his arms once again and Jiwon abruptly placed his hands behind his back as well. 

"Kim Jiwon." Jinhwan murmured quite deadly. "Where were you and why are you late?"

"Did we change leaders? What's happening, someone please explain." Jiwon blabbred, his hands on the air as if he was some criminal. He looks at s for an answer and he watched as Jinhwan sighed. 

Jinhwan looked at each member and sat down, signaling for others to do it as well. Once they formed a circle, Jinhwan started to talk. "Look guys, I know we've been immune to all the hate comments and all but its different this time."

"Is there another issue?" Yunhyeong asks and Jinhwan shakes his head.

"There was some kind of meeting between music experts some weeks ago and they branded our group as some mainstream idols." the eldest continued. "I know its not a big deal but apparently the CEO takes it seriously and I think he talked to Hanbin and now he's trying to fix it."

A moment of silence arose as the members took their time to take the information in. Junhoe thought of making a joke to lighten the mood but decided against it. "Is that why Hanbin is living in the studios the past week?"

"Yeah. I get the point now," Jiwon stated and heads turned to him. "Hanbin broke up with Sujeong because of it."

Gasps escaped from the members at the sudden information. They all knew how much Hanbin cherished Sujeong and to the point that the man was practically leaning on her for support so the fact that he would leave her surprised them but they never had the heart to ask why. Silence crept in once more as it sunk in, Hanbin sacrificed his happiness for them and it made them feel bad somehow.

"Then we should practice too, right?" Donghyuk muttered and everyone nodded, standing up, only to realize they don't really have anything to practice.

"Are you guys done talking because I have some choreos in mind." Hanbin's voice rising from outside, followed by a chuckle. Chanwoo opens the door and finds Hanbin smirking from the other side. The leader could see the Jinhwan thinking of what to say so he cuts in. "I rested for a week, I can go back to work now."