eleven

Mixed and Mismatched

 

"Lee Mijoo!" Sujeong screamed as she slammed the door to Mijoo's classroom open, scaring the life out of some students. One of them even spilled paint due to shock and Sujeong bows and gives them a smile before pulling her bestfriend, who visibly was not amused by her antics. Sujeong steps back from her and twirls a couple of times before posing, her hands in her waist. "Do you notice anything new?"

Shaking her head, Mijoo frowned and concentrated, debating if it was the shoes or if Sujeong got a haircut. Then her eyes laid on her bestfriend's face, now full of light. "What happened to you?"

"Jiwon took me to a mentalist and he did some crazy mind tricks on me then when I woke up this morning, I feel great!" Sujeong exclaimed, tying her raven hair to into a messy bun since it kept on going in whenever she jumps. "I mean I feel so light! And confident, there's nothing that can ruin my mood."

Mijoo tilted her head for a moment and when she met Sujeong's eyes, there was no denying that they were thinking the same thing. "What do you feel about Hanbin."

"I still love him." Sujeong answered too straight forwardly, catching Mijoo off guard. "I understand everything now actually, but I won't do or say anything until he talks to me."

A soft gasp escapes Sujeong's bestfriend. "I can't believe its possible to change over the weekend. How much did you pay the mentalist?"

"I didn't..." Sujeong mumbled, realizing that she left Jiwon after she panicked when she woke up. "I should thank him first."

The other teacher nodded before looking at Sujeong once again. "Don't you have a class to teach?"

"Can I skip just this once?" Sujeong smiled slyly but Mijoo already clipped her hand on her sleeve as she walked her to her class and pushed her slightly inside.

Sujeong pleaded once more but Mijoo shook her head. "Use that brightness to teach."

 

***

 

"Maybe we're producing too much slow songs." Jiwon suggested while him and the other members sit in their practice room. "Before we debuted we were the a hip hop group and we lost our colors on the way."

Hanbin nodded, taking it into consideration. "Or maybe our songs are not catchy enough?"

The other members were weighing in about the topic when Jiwon's phone rung and he had to excuse himself, taking the call within a reasonable distance. "Hello?"

"Kimbap!" Sujeong chirped on the other line and Jiwon's brow raised at the sudden change of endearment. "The mental thingy worked!"

Jiwon released a deep chuckle at the female's words and he had to stop himself from squealing at the cute tone of the other. He sat on the stairs and continued smiling at himself. "Really? Its thanks to me then?"

"Yes! I want to make it up to you, should I treat you dinner?" Sujeong offered.

"I can't right now, we're practicing." Jiwon smiled apologetically even though Sujeong really can't see it. Still, Jiwon continued to smile widely since he could hear the cheefulness and positivity in Sujeong's voice and it was more than enough.

Sujeong hummed as she thought of a plan. Maybe she could test if she really is over Hanbin but like she told Mijoo, Hanbin has his own reasons and it would be better to give him time. "Ah! I'll drop by and bring foods for everyone then."

"Wait, what?" Jiwon exclaimed on the other line. "Are you sure? I mean you just got cured yesterday."

"That's the point, I'll know if it really worked if I see Hanbin and not break down into a pool of tears right?" Sujeong said cheerfully before hanging up.


Jiwon fidgeted the moment he returned to the room. The members agreed to try a more public friendly song and Hanbin nodded, pulling out a CD labeled "Amusement Park" but Jiwon decided not to ask.

That was not the case for Junhoe however. The tall man immediately asked why the title was "Amusement Park" and stated how he would not dance a song with a cheesy title.

"Its a working title." Hanbin sighed before playing it for the members. The bass was dominant in the first few seconds followed by slight EDM that made the members shut up and listen. Soon, the chorus ended and everyone knew that the rap part was next and instead of a hiphop beat, violins covered the part and Jinhwan had goosebumps at the sound.

"Its the most public friendly song I made this month." Hanbin states, pulling out his pen as he starts to draw his choreography plans.

"Knock knock." A voice rose from the door and all heads ly to see Sujeong smiling from the opened door, her hands occupied by plastic bags.

Chanwoo ran to the female, carrying the plastic bags for her. Donghyuk came next, hugging the female.

"Its been a month! Why didn't you visit sooner?" Yunhyeong smiles, hugging her next.

Hanbin dropped his pencil at the sight of Sujeong waltzing in the practice room, looking brighter than she'd ever been. He stood up, ignoring his shaking knees as he strides towards Sujeong only to be blocked by Jiwon's back.

"I told you we were practicing." Jiwon grunted a little sternly but his voice still dripped with playfulness. "You could've waited until tomorrow."

Sujeong smiled and nodded. "Okay okay, I just wanted to drop these by and look at how you guys are doing. I'll get going now."

"Should I walk you out?" Jiwon offered but Sujeong waved her hand.

"Its not enough yet but I'll make it up to you." she states, punching Jiwon's arm playfully. Turning to leave, Sujeong met Hanbin's longing eyes and she smiled, nodding before leaving.

Donghyuk's head snapped at Jiwon's direction, squinting his eyes. "Sujeong became brighter. What does she have to make up for you?"

"I don't know." Jiwon replied curtly, grabbing a bottle of water, praying that the members won't press on it more.

"Aww, she cooked for us!" Junhoe exclaimed, holding up the mini lunchboxes she used to give whenever they would go on a tour. "Why would she come here I thought he and Hanbin..."

Hanbin sighed and ran out of the practice room, sprinting to reach Sujeong who was waiting for the elevator.

"Hey," Hanbin muttered and Sujeong looked at him. "Why...why are you here?"

"I brought food." Sujeong answered non-chalantly.

"I know but why...why..." Hanbin stammered but he was barely half way from his sentence when the elevator doors opened and Sujeong looked at him again.

"Hanbin I kinda have to go so if you figure out what you want to say, call me."