four

Mixed and Mismatched

"Ah." Sujeong muttered. "I...I understand."

It wasn't what Hanbin expected. He was prepared to see tears and sobs but in front of him is his girl who anticipated this time and it tore him to pieces. He only realized how she saw herself as and his insides shook, he realized what those apologies meant and how unspecial she felt. 

Hanbin's world crashed when Sujeong gently removed his hands from her shoulders. She didn't meet his eyes and she was shaking, preventing herself from crying in front of him. 

"I talked to Jinhwan for you...please patch things up." she breathed shortly as she pushed herself up only to wobble. On instinct, Hanbin supported her up but she moved away as if his hands burned her. "I'll get going."

"Sujeong don't be like this." Hanbin pleaded. "I'll take you home."

The female shook her head and started to walk. "Just...fix things up with them."

 

Sujeong thought breaking up would be like in the movies, the excessive crying during the and the cannot accept this please go back to my arms. It was something like that but she just felt empty after crying all those tears like she couldn't cry anymore and the pain was more bearable than it was when she was looking at Hanbin.

In a way, she was ready for this and she wanted to move on.

It was all a big lie.

It was excatly like the movies, Sujeong was crying while she walks away. Looking at the now dark skies she wanted to run back to Hanbin and tell him that she'll do better, to tell him that she'll accept it if he admits that it was all a joke but the rational part of her told her not to.  It told her that she was helping him by making his burdens lighter and she accepted it...while crying.

"Happy birthday Hanbin!" she exclaimed, encircling her arms around her boyfriend. She only passed by that time because the boys were busy preparing for their final match during Mix and Match so she didn't want to bother them while they were rehersing.

Hanbin smiled and kissed her cheek before leading her to one of the chairs closest to the stage, "Sit for  a moment."

Sujeong smiled widely when the stage dimmed and the green lights lighted the stage when Hanbin's voice rang out. " I think its only fitting that the girl who inspired this song should hear it first, right?" The music started playing and her heart clenched. 

"Ah, our sister-in-law!" Bobby hooted, smiling before he rapped. 

There are no people who is like you
Even though I have nothing, I don't need anything
But my world keeps stopping
I feel like there's not a single flower around me when you're not with me
 
Sujeong almost cried at the song, happily acknowledging the members' talents but of course, her heart fluttered the most when Hanbin raised the microphone and started rapping his part.

 

I had no choice but to leave you waiting for me
I made a promise holding your thin, pale hands
I'm sorry i didn't kept my promise
I'll explain to you why I was so late

 

"Watch out!"  a man's voice shouted and the next thing she knew, she is pushed from the road and is on top of another person. "Do you want to die!"

Sujeong stood up and bowed, her body almost folding in to two. "I'm sorry."

"Yah did you cry?" Jiwon asked, holding her chin with his thumb and fore finger. He slowly lifted her face up and was welcomed by her swollen eyes that kept on producing tears and her red nose and without waiting for her to reply, he pulled her in his arms, not even caring if his shirt becomes wet.

Her soft sobs became loud cries, her muffled whimpers turned into heart wrenching sounds and it was killing Jiwon. Dragging his arm to her head, he caressed her hair and continued to hold her. "I'm here."

 

***

 

"Hanbin..." Junhoe gasped the moment they opened the practice room.

In front of them was Hanbin in the middle of the practice room. He was looking down and was on his kneeling. He looked up and stared directly at them but they quickly looked away. The members froze, afraid to enter the room and no sound was heard except for light footsteps of the new comer. Jinhwan, now moved on from yesterday's drama, looked at the members weirdly and proceeded to make his way to the room only to stop midway.

"Hanbin! What the hell are you doing?" Jinhwan shouted. "Get up!"

The leader didn't budge. "I'm sorry."

Jinhwan bit his lower lip and tried to stop crying. He grabbed the younger and pulled him up before hugging him. The other kids cheered and joined the hug, even Jiwon who knew about what YG told the kid leader. 

"I'm really sorry." Hanbin repeated with a small smile on his face. "How can I make it up to you guys?"

"Food." Junhoe dismissed, removing himself from the chaotic hug-fest. "And clean the dorm."

Yunhyeong laughed and detached himself too. "Massage us for a month."

"Help us become artists." Jiwon announced and Hanbin nodded along with everyone in the room. "I don't know what kind of sick sacrifices it would take but you have to lead us."

Seeing the look on their faces, Hanbin knew YG was right. They all depended on him with their lives, all looked up to him and all important to him. He knew that to reach their now bigger dream, sacrifices must be made and no matter how destructed he is at the moment and he realized that whatever decisions he made, he will endure the concequences to repay the trust given to him by his brothers. Even if it meant giving a part of him away.

 

"Shall we practice now?"