two

Mixed and Mismatched

 

Hanbin watched as Sujeong and his hyung disappeared from the hallway. He then smiled and took his time appreciating and thanking God for the life he has. Sure it's really tiring to work non-stop, to lose your priviliages to go out and eat like a madman because of your image or to keep your image clean but it sure has its perks. As of the moment, he's just really thankful that he has a perfect girlfriend, a prefect group and a perfect hyung.

"Ah, Hanbin." Teddy called, stopping as he was passing through the hallway. "YG wants to talk to you."

The younger male nodded. "When?"

"Now."

 

***

 

"I love this kind of night." Sujeong breathed out, twirling with her hands spread out.  It was really late so the sidewalks are empty. Sujeong would love walking with Hanbin here, she could remember that time when he walked her home and they walked down this road, his hands intertwined with hers.

"How come you're not sick of me?" she asked, swaying their hands. Hanbin stopped walking and removed his hand from hers gently, cupping her face in his hands. She couldn't meet his eyes back then and even though they were past the one year mark that time, she didn't know the answer.

Hanbin smiled and placed a chaste kiss on her forehead, not leaving it for a long time. He finally lets go and engulfs her in a warm hug, his coat warming her as well and at that time, she couldn't care less about the snow falling above them. "I'll never get tired of you even if you get tired of me."

"Promise?" Sujeong muttered, poking her pinky finger out. 

Hanbin nodded and hooked his finger as well. "I promise."

Sujeong smiled and continued twirling around like an idiot but of course, Jiwon would disagree.  To him, the dim streets combined with the bright street lights that hit her face gently only made her more angelic, her movements seemed slow as if his eyes were taking in every movement she makes. 

"What're you doing?" he chuckles, slowing down a little to have the same pace as her. She stops twirling and loses her footing, her head throbbing at the dizziness she felt. Jiwon quickly steps near hear, supporting her back up but she doesn't stand at once. She leans against him, waiting for the dizziness to go away. Jiwon's breath becomes shaky and his palms started sweating.

Is this how Hanbin felt when she leans on him?, he thinks, his hands instinctively holding her shoulders. 

"I'm sorry." Sujeong whimpers before standing up and Jiwon's hands slides off. "I'm always causing troubles like this."

Jiwon raised his brow as they continue walking. "Troubles?"

"Yeah. I'm so...weak. I always cause trouble especially to Hanbin, I feel bad about it but I can't help it. I have this kind of sickness that I can't even understand, I feel bad for being a burden." she mumbles, her head hanging low.

"Its true." Jiwon chimes in. "But I'm here to take care of you."

 

***

 

"You can't mean..." Hanbin spits breathlessly, standing up from the chair opposite from YG. "I'll do anything. Don't make me break up with her."

The CEO in front of him looked at him with pure thinking as if he was analyzing Hanbin and Hanbin hated it. "Be rational, Hanbin. I'm not telling you to break up with her, I'm telling you to distance yourself from distractions."

"That's the indirect way of saying it." Hanbin replies sarcastically.

For the last ten years, he;s never talked to YG this way. He looked up to the guy who has a great eye for music and he never once thought that same guy would be asking him to cut ties with the person he values the most. For the first time in many years, he was hating YG.

Unfazed, YG furrowed his brows. "Hanbin. When you first came here you were so young. Too young. Yet you told me that you want to be an artist. After Mix and Match you told me you want to be an artist only if your team is with you and I  respected that. I trust that you are aware that everyone now thinks of you not as artists but some singer, am I correct?"

Hanbin didn't reply. He kept his head hung low and clenched his fists. 

"You're their leader. Kang Seungyoon has established that long ago and I want to see you do the same." YG continued. 

The rapper bit his lip, his whole body shaking and tears b in his eyes. "Sujeong needs me."

 

"But iKON needs you too."