seven

Mixed and Mismatched

 

"Hyung, where are you going?" Hanbin asked, his throat hoarse, his eyes swollen and his hands, wounded. He leaned up against the wall, eyes following Jiwon who was putting his shoe on. "Do you have schedule today?"

Jiwon nodded. "Show Me The Money interview of something. Do you need anything?"

"Nothing." Hanbin muttered, sitting beside his hyung,  Turning on the TV as he mindlessly flip through channels. He was glancing at Jiwon and can't really get himself to ask him. He was too prideful for his own good and it was eating him, what happened yesterday? Did she get home safe? Did she eat anything spicy? What did you two talk about? But he would never say it out loud. "How...how is she, hyung?"

The older rapper smiled and gave the younger his phone. "Yes, she just texted, she has a little head ache because of the spicy noodle she ate last night."

"What?" Hanbin half-shouted. "Hyung, go to her, please! She's not okay,  she...needs someone now."

In the end Hanbin had to accept the fact that the older had to go to his schedule first, together with the promise to check on her the first thing after he finisheds his filming. But it was just not enough for Hanbin

 

***

 

Sujeong screamed in pain, collapsing on the floor entirely. Mentally cursing herself for eating that damn food, she crawls to her phone and presses on speed dial, the other line picks up at the fourth ring but no one answers. 

She whimpers in pain before muttering a small help. She squints at her phone to see who she called but before she could see, her vision turned black.

 

"." a hoarse voice exclaim from the kitchen followed by the souind of falling pans woke Sujeong up . She held her head for a moment and looked at her surroundings cautiously, breathing in relief when she recognized her room. Her head throbbed but it was more bearable compared to before.

Grabbing a  nearby tennis racket, she tip toed her way to the kitchen in hopes of chasing the burgler out. Sujeong ran to the kitchen, ready to hit the man whose back is facing her when she felt her head throb again, worse this time and she falls on her knees, screaming in pain.

The man turned around in shock, dropping the plate he's holding as he runs toget something for the table before going back to her, making her eat her medicine. "Sujeong, Sujeong."

"Hanbin?" she mutters, eyes widening. She opened to ask what he was doing here but another sharp pang of pain causes her to screm her lungs out. 

Hanbin shakes her a little, his warm hand patting her cheek lightly, making her look at him. "Sujeong, look at me. Keep your eyes on me, okay?"

Sujeong nods a little, tears now staining her cheeks at the gravity of pain flowing in her body. 

"Endure for a little while, the  medicine is already working." Hanbin consoles, wiping the tears off her face with his thumb. "Hang in there."

They stayed together for a while, with Hanbin holding her firmly to lessen her shakings. Her body falls limp due to exhaustion and Hanbin looks away, knowing how she is without him and frankly, he's not any better. They stay together, swimming in silence until Sujeong reaches out to hold his hand.

"Hanbin," she calls, sitting up so she could face him. "Thank you but after all these weeks, I already accepted it. Please don't make this harder for me."

He could only stare at her, pondering on how he ruined her, on how he ruined himself. At last, he could only breathe out a whiper ."I'm sorry."

"I understand, Hanbin. I really do and I'm just asking one thing in return...please don't make this harder." Sujeong states gently, wiping the tears off her face with her sleeves. "I'm a mess but I'm getting there. I can do this, Hanbin."

Hanbin stands up, rubbbing his face. "What if...what if I don't want you to move on? What if, I want to be with you, to take care of you, to...I'm selfish but please, please."

Sujeong remains silent. Rising to her feet, she dusts her pants off and looks at him.  "You...you can go now.  You have to practice or compose or whatever it is you always do."

"Sujeong," Hanbin mutters but he stops the moment he watched her knees buckle, making him run to her side, helping her up.

"Hanbin!" Sujeong shouts, brushing his arms off of her. "I don't need yo---"

He shuts him up when he presses his lips against her. It was soft and chaste, she hated herself for giving in but it felt like all the time she yearned  for him came back and she gave in.

"You still love me." Hanbin states, staring into her eyes. 

Sujeong closes her eyes and pushes him away. "Maybe. But that doesn't mean you can barge into my life again and pretend like nothing happened. You can't do that, you just can't!"

"Sujeong please," Hanbin exclaims, grabbing Sujeong's wrist to prevent her from going away. She shakes her arm in attempt to brush him off but she was too weak.

"Hanbin enough." Jiwon says behind them, his voice dangerously low. The older walks toward them, holding Hanbin's wrist, forcing it off Sujeong's. "Let's go home."

Hanbin keeps his firm yet soft gaze at  Sujeong but Jiwon isn't letting it happen again this time. He steps infront of Sujeong, closer to Hanbin.

 

"I said. we're going home."