one

Mixed and Mismatched

It was a chilly night and the stars shone bright in the sky in short, it was Jiwon's kind of night. He his breath the moment he stepped out of the building and stopped to adore the sky as he sat a few steps away from the front door.

Jiwon loved to look at the things he couldn't have. He loved having goals because after all, that's what living is about, right?

He's achieved so much but still, there seems to be something wrong. He's pretty sure he has enough money to support himself and his family, he has a good house, a car, talents and he's sure he has the love he needs. Or so he thinks. To think about it, he gets love from his family, from s, his label mates and from the fans. Come on, the fans spends money to buy him gifts, to pack him lunch but still, he feels somewhat empty. 

"Jiwon?" a light voice called followed by a mild tap on his shoulder. Jiwon turned around and saw Sujeong with a plastic bag. She was covered with layers of clothings and a super thick scarf; her little hands protected by mittens but her face lit up, her eye brows wiggling playfully as she continued poking his sides.

Ah, this is what I'm missing, Jiwon thought, slapping himself at the thought. At this point, he might even mentally abuse himself for being a the worst human being alive.

Jiwon stepped away from her and snatched the plastic bag as he walked her into the building. "What're you doing here?" 

"I came to visit Hanbinnie." Sujeong beamed. The two of them rmeoved the layers of their clothes and hung it on the entrance before continuing to walk. The female snatched the plastic bag back before grabbing something inside. "Here."

"What's that?" Jiwon asked, eyeing the container Sujeong hands him. 

Sujeong hummed and stepped inside the elevator before looking at Jiwon, slightly looking up for she lacked the height. "Soup. I made it earlier."

"I know but why are you giving it to me? Give it to Hanbin." Jiwon dismisses, hiding his now blushing face.

He was mad. Not angry mad, but crazy mad. His heart was beating too fast for his liking, his face was hot and he can't think straight. He didn't know what this feeling is but he didn't like it. It was inappropriate to feel this for his bestfriend's girlfriend.

"Aish, you're getting thinner. Are you sick?" Sujeong asked as she reached up to Jiwon's forehead as if checking his temperature. "You're not sick but you should get some rest."

Jiwon's eyes widened at the feeling of her hand on his forehead and before he knew it, the elevator doors opened, revealing an exteremely worn out Hanbin.

"Oh, you're here." the younger one muttered, scartching the back of his neck.

Jiwon pushed himself away from Sujeong's hold as if her hand was a hot iron. Nevertheless, the girl didn't mind it as she shoved the bags to Jiwon and threw herself to Hanbin, engulfing him in a tight hug.

"Yah, Hanbin!" Sujeong exclaim. "Are you okay? You look tired."

Hanbin smiled and hugged her back, eyes closed wth exhaustion, "What're you doing here? It's late." 

"To visit you of course. Should we sit for a moment? You look really tired." Sujeong ranted, dragging her boyfriend to the nearest seat in the building, completely forgetting about the other rapper who just stepped out of the elevator. "You should sleep now, I'll get going. Make sure you eat."

Hanbin caught her arm just a second before she completely turned away. "No. I'll walk you home just give me a minute to rest."

Jiwon stood at the side quietly, feeling a sharp pang of pain in his chest. He never felt this way before although he's been with Hanbin and Sujeong for three years and he wanted to er punch himself for being a bad friend to Hanbin. That kid has been through a lot, he and Jinhwan knows it better than anyone else and Jiwon strongly agrees that his bestfriend deserves the love he gets as of the moment but of course, he's human too. He wanted to know how it feels  to be loved like that. 

"I'll walk her home." Jiwon muttered, regretting those words as it came out of his mouth.

Hanbin immediately wrapped his arm around Sujeong's waist and looked at the older rapper. Jiwon could swear he was breaking into cold sweats. That was too obvious, he scolded himself. Hanbin placed a chaste kiss on Sujeong's forehead before hugging her one last time, smiling at Jiwon.

 

"Thanks hyung."