Meeting the Baek Family

What Happens [Discontinued]

 

Previously

Oh Ha Ni went out to go get the rest of the bags and her teddy bear from the car. Turning around with everything in her hands she was met with the surprise of her life.

She saw Baek Seung-Jo looking at her. Confused she pinched herself believing that she was dreaming. How on earth could he be here?

“What are you doing here?” She asked

“I live here.” He answered in his usual calm, cold way. With that, she leaned back trying to grasp what was happening.

Baek Seung-Jo’s dad is her dad’s friend who invited them to stay at his house. She was going to be living in the same house as Baek Seung-Jo, her crush since freshman year and the same one who had rejected every single girl that had ever asked him out. Yes she knew this piece of information, it was a fact all the girls knew and sobbed about but hoped that if they ever did ask maybe he’d say yes. 

Oh Ha Ni had once tried to confess her love to him but was coldly ignored. Well actually there were times where she did try to confess but they had ended in embarrassment. Pushing away the thoughts of her failed confessions, she returned to the situation at hand.

Living with Baek Seung-Jo, oh how was she going to live? But till she came up with an answer that question, Oh Ha Ni snapped back to reality and picked up the bags she had dropped to in her surprise. Ignoring Baek Seung-Jo who didn’t really want to help, she went back into the house.  The moment that Seung-Jo’s mother saw that Oh Ha Ni had taken the bags in by herself, she started scolding Baek Seung-Jo. Hoping to see some emotion in his face, Oh Ha Ni watched him but nothing changed except a small eye roll. Sighing, Oh Ha Ni sat down on the sofa like Seung Jo’s mother asked her to.  While the parents talked, Oh Ha Ni sat there awkward smiling while watching Baek Seung-Jo who was sitting on the couch across from her, going back and forth between ignoring her and giving her the evil eye.  Sometime during the conversation there was a thump from the upper floor.  Immediately Seung-Jo’s mother yelled, “Eun Jo! I know you’re awake! Come down and greet our guests!” 

Light footsteps came from the stairs. Looking over Oh Ha Ni saw a little elementary school boy. So this is Baek Seung-Jo’s younger brother, they really look related Oh Ha Ni thought. Smiling at him she introduced herself. He ignored her and instead went over to sit next to his brother who was smirking at the obvious rejection Ha Ni had recieved. Her face becoming pink, Oh Ha Ni sighed before starting to try and avoid his gaze. "Eun Jo! You didn’t introduce yourself to your noona." Seung-Jo's mother scolded.

“I don’t want to she looks stupid,”

“Eun Jo!” She said sharply before turning to Ha Ni, “I’m sorry but see what I mean. They’re no fun children these to,” Nodded slowly while obviously trying not to look at the brothers on the couch. Seung-Jo’s mother noticed Ha Ni's sudden aversion to Seung-Jo and Eun Jo and asked, “Is something wrong Ha Ni?” Surprised that she was caught, she tried to convincingly tell her that she was fine. The fathers hadn't notice the change in moods as they were too into catching up but at that moment Oh Ha Ni’s father could tell that Oh Ha Ni was feeling out of place he started to join the families together.

“So Seung-Jo what grade are you in?” he asked.

“12th and same school as Oh Ha Ni,” He answered putting a tone on Oh Ha Ni’s name that made her shiver, not of affection but of embarrassment. She knew that he was going to say something about the difference of their classes. It was just her luck that this had to happen and after what had happened earlier in the week where he’d gotten mad at her for just bumping into him in a hallway.

Oh Ha Ni’s dad not knowing any of this continued with his questions, " Are you and Oh Ha Ni in the same class?”

“Not quite, I’m the top of class A,” He said rubbing in his academic superiority even though it was more for entertainment than pride.

“Oh…” The air around them turned awkward after Seung-Jo’s comment. Oh Ha Ni, too ashamed to say anything more at all after academic scores were brought up. Looking at the clock Seung-Jo’s mother exclaimed that it was getting late and ordered Seung-Jo to carry Oh Ha Ni’s luggage up, getting rid of the awkward atmosphere. Oh Ha Ni followed Baek Seung-Jo who had gotten up before her to follow his mother's orders.  The moment she stepped in the room, Oh Ha Ni was surrounded by all things girly and pink. Surprised she tried to look closer to see clues of it having been a boy’s bedroom before.  

“Ha Ni! Do you like the room?” Seung-Jo’s mother asked suddenly after appearing from nowhere. Ha Ni nodded yes both pleased of the room as well as greatly confused. This was once Eun Jo’s room? Why was it so pink and girly? Continuing to gaze around the room she realized that Seung-Jo had already left the room.

“Yay! Like I said I’ve always wanted a daughter. Which reminds me I have a present for you, come sit” Seung-Jo’s mother said patting the bed. Surprised and already too grateful, Oh Ha Ni tried to refuse the gift. Ignoring her protests, Seung-Jo's mother handed Oh Ha Ni a box. Opening it up, Oh Ha Ni saw that she had been presented a pair of really pretty ballet flats. Smiling for real for the first time since she had arrived, Oh Ha Ni turned to her newly appointed Omma and hugged her.

*Time skip to getting ready for bed*

On her way to bathroom, Oh Ha Ni bumped in Seung-Jo.

“You’re intruding in my life. Don’t changing it any more than you already have. I don’t want you here. My brother doesn’t want you here. You’re just a burden in my life. Because of you my mom wasted money buying girly things so that you would be happy while she shoves me and my brother in one room. Don’t get too comfortable,” With that he left towards his room which was down the hall. Grimacing from the encounter, Oh Ha Ni started to do her business and brushing her teeth before going to bed.  The moment Oh Ha Ni sat on the toilet she realized it was warm from the last person who had used it, which just so happened to Seung-Jo. Not liking how unsanitary it was to share like that with a stranger, she sat up and put paper on the seat like what one does when they don’t have one of those premade ones in public bathrooms.  Finishing what she had to do in the bathroom, Oh Ha Ni went back to her room. Taking a deep breath, she started to think of what she really wanted to do to Seung-Jo and not in the erted sense.

*Insert beating up Baek Seung-Jo with pillows while wearing a leather outfit from actual drama*

Yes that was what she wished had happened. Too bad there was no way life was going to be that nice to her and giver her the chance or guts to do it. Sighing at her daydream, she went to bed.

This is the end of this chapter...editing this and rereading it was painful...i really have grammer issues...i sound like i used a translator but i'm a native english speaker...utter fail. Anyways random clip about the bathroom but really i was she was insane in the drama with the toothbrushes and it's kind of disturbing to me to think like that. I mean she liked the guy that's fine but what was with the bathroom scene?...that could be taken wrong if you don't know the drama...for some reason i didn't comment very much in this chapter...it went down after the first one...anyways happy reading!