Getting Seung Jo's Help

What Happens [Discontinued]

second to last pre-written chapter, i have some writing to do...but i have a huge thesis in english so it might take a while for me to write new chapters after #6

Previously

Kyu Jong was surprised. He had semi-guessed the news when Seung-Jo’s mother had stated to Oh Ha Ni that this was her home right now but it didn’t seem like it would be true. Oh Ha Ni had also lied to him saying that she was only invited to dinner like he was when she was really living in the same house as Seung Jo.  He was going to talk to her later. There was no way he, Kyu Jong was going to let Oh Ha Ni off for lying to him.

Once dinner was over, Oh Ha Ni hurried as quickly as she could away from the table in an effort to avoid Kyu Jong’s questioning eyes, as well as start studying. She didn’t realize that Kyu Jong would be faster than her though. Before she knew it, she was sitting on her bed staring at her hands while Kyu Jong was staring at her waiting for her to explain what was going on.

“Seung-Jo didn’t want me to tell anyone,” That was the only reason she could think of why not to say anything.

“That’s it?” Ha Ni nodded.

Kyu Jong wasn’t sure how he felt. He had been lied to, not to be deceived by that person’s own intentions but another’s. He should have expected that Seung-Jo would say something like that and Ha Ni would follow like a puppy.

“Well then if that’s the only reason, I don't know. let’s continue studying for the midterm.” The two studied till it was too late to be pointful for a test that wasn’t even the next day.  Kyu Jong left and the moment that he was gone, Ha Ni lost some of the optimism that Kyu Jong had given her while he was there. Even with Kyu Jong’s help, there was still a lot that Ha Ni didn’t understand and know. She was going to continue studying but her frustration with the course work was getting to the point of where she was going to bang her head to the table. It was then that Seung-Jo’s mother burst into the room with snacks that were supposed to help one study. Seeing Ha Ni was having trouble and frustrated, Geum Hee (Seung-Jo’s mom) decided to cheer her up with baby pictures of Seung-Jo.

When Seung-Jo’s mom returned with the pictures, the two of them looked at them together on the bed. While looking at them, Ha Ni couldn’t help but wonder why in Seung-Jo’s baby photo album there weren’t any boy pictures and were a girl’s.

“Omma, this isn’t Seung-Jo right? I mean it’s a girl…”

“That’s because I’ve always wanted a girl and when Seung-Jo was born I had already bought girls clothes expecting him to be a girl. When he ended up being boy, I didn’t want the clothes to go to waste so dressed him up in girls’ clothes for the first few years of his life. Everyone adored him until he went to the swimming pool then they made fun of him. He turned cold after that,” Ha Ni was surprised of Seung-Jo’s childhood cross dressing but he made a very cute girl.

“Can I borrow some of the pictures to cheer me up some other time?”

“Sure, well get some rest and study tomorrow,”

The next morning breakfast at the Baek house went quickly and without any problems. Ha Ni walked separately from Seung-Jo. Noticing this as he was getting closer to the Baek house, he waited nearby, knowing that Seung-Jo would leave after Ha Ni. This was Kyu Jong's chance to ask Seung-Jo the question that he hadn’t had time for the day before. The moment that Seung-Jo was out, he asked the question. 

“Hey Seung-Jo, I was wondering would you mind helping Ha Ni to study for her midterm,”

“No, that girl’s given me enough trouble as it is. I don’t want to help her, plus if I do and she does make it on the list I have to give her a piggy back ride. There is nothing to benefit me if I help her,” They walked the rest of the way to school in silence.

When Seung Jo entered his class, he passed by the usual giggling girls to his get to his desk. Having nothing better to do, Seung Jo decided to take out his PE clothes for the next period only to find that they weren’t his but Ha Ni’s.

Annoyed, he got up and headed over to Ha Ni’s classroom with PE clothes in hand . As he passed through the halls to Ha Ni's class, girls started to flock around him. Ignoring them, he looked around through each classroom till he saw Ha Ni trying to study. After getting her to notice that he was there, he wordlessly motioned for Ha Ni to come outside with her PE clothes. By the time she had gotten the message to go outside, Seung-Jo was extremely annoyed. People around him were starting to associate him with Ha Ni even though there was nothing going on between them. She was below him in many ways and didn't deserve of his attention.

He was about to demand to swap the clothes when Ha Ni said something unexpected, “Why didn’t you just wear them? You should be used to girls’ clothes by now,” Then she took out one of his childhood pictures, one of the many that he was ashamed of. Anger and desperation filled him and made him starte to chase her. He eventually trapped her between himself and a tree.

“Give me the picture,”

“Only on one condition, you help me get onto the list of top 50 students,” Upon hearing her request, Seung-Jo groaned. “Ya, I’m not god. There’s only a week before the test, plus I’d be a fool to help you since I’d have to give you a piggyback ride if you do get on the list,”

“Fine, if you help me, you won’t have to give me a piggyback ride. It’s not like I have feelings for you now anyways,”  

“Really?” Seung-Jo asked before started to lean closer to Ha Ni. As he got closer to Ha Ni, Seung-Jo could see that she was having a harder time breathing.

“You haven’t gotten over me, let me see you try,” Seung-Jo said inside Ha Ni’s ear then walked away with his own PE clothes, leaving Ha Ni to collect her thoughts by herself.

Going inside he ignored all the people who were looking at him questioningly not knowing that from where they stood Ha Ni and Seung-Jo looked like they had kissed.

*time skip to later in the day*

It was afterschool and Ha Ni was once again having a mini study session with Kyu Jong. It was there that she told him her achievement of the day.

“KYU JONG-SSI! I have good news!”

“Hmm? What the good news?”

“Seung-Jo has agreed to help me study at home, so now you don’t have as big as a burden,” Kyu Jong was surprised at Ha Ni’s news. He had asked the same thing from Seung-Jo that morning and had been rejected.

“Well lets see if he can help any more than me,” He thought to himself

I've realized it's kind of hard to read the fonts...and that the black looks good, so i'm just writing comments in color and time change. This chapter is only in the guys' POV...i actually didn't realize that till now and i wrote this bout...3 months ago? something like that....anyways enjoy!