Study Troubles

What Happens [Discontinued]

 

Just a before hand note, this chapter switchs POV's but i don't state them although i should, it was intentinal switching so don't judge too hard. also the tense and thoughts obviously go with the person who is thinking

*Next morning*

Oh Ha Ni woke up confused for a moment before remembering that she was staying at her dad’s friend’s house, who just happened to also be the father of the most coveted guy of all the girls at her school.

After getting dressed and ready for school, she went downstairs to eat breakfast. Either luck was with her or not, she couldn’t tell, but she ended up being seated across from Baek Seung -Jo.  He went back in forth between eating breakfast, reading the newspaper and looking at her down on her. That was before he decided it was time to go to school and just got up and left. Knowing that she had to follow him to be on time and know how to get to school, Oh Ha Ni ran after him as fast as she could all the while mumbling how he was a big meanie. Everything went well before she bumped into Seung-Jo who had suddenly stopped for no reason at all.

“This is the one time we’ll walk to school together. Don’t start any rumors,” Seung-Jo said without thinking about how curt his words where and the affect they would have on this girl who obviously had a crush on him. Mentally sighing he added, “Walk several paces behind me,” Then started walking again and stopping once more when they were close to the school. Seeing something in the bushes, he made Oh Ha Ni go ahead of him. He might not have feelings for the girl but no girl needed to have a creeper come upon them.

Oh Ha Ni felt insulted to have to go ahead of Seung-Jo just because she had shorter legs and would have a hard time to catch up to him as he said. Hmph what a jerk. She thought. The moment she got inside the class she started worrying about the midterm that she had said she had to ace. If she didn’t Seung-Jo would look down on her even more. She should have never accepted the challenge to get onto the list of top 50 students but Seung-Jo really infuriated her.  Oh Ha Ni sighed at the memory of Bong Joon Gu trying to help her but ended up making life worse by embarrassing her in front of Seung-Jo and angered her enough to impulsively agree to get onto the list of top 50 students for the midterm.

It was at that moment while she was thinking negative thoughts about him, that Joon Gu decided it was a fantastic time to go talk to Oh Ha Ni. WHen Oh Ha Ni noticed Joon Gu and his friends coming toward her, she internally groaned. Like mentioned before, she didn’t hate the guy but it didn’t mean that she always enjoyed his company.

“Good Morning,” Joon Gu said happily to Ha Ni.

“Morning,” she replied not looking up from her book as she continued to try and study even though she didn’t really understand anything of what she was trying to learn.

“So how’s the place? It’s your dad’s friend’s right?”

“Yeah, it’s good,” Oh Ha Ni replied not really hearing what Joon Gu was saying.

“Is it far?”

“No,”

“Great! Then I’ll walk you home after school,” This caught Oh Ha Ni’s attention, if he walked her home then he would know that she was living with Baek Seung-Jo then tell others and that  was the last thing that she wanted to happen.

“Umm actually I think it’s best you didn’t,” Oh Ha Ni said before quickly adding, “I mean I’m burdening my dad’s friend enough as it is and bringing people over would be pushing their generosity,”

“But as my girl I should still know where you’re living even if it’s only temporary!” Joon Gu argued.

“It would be rude for me to do that when I’m only a guest to their home,” Oh Ha Ni said ending the conversation before returning to her trying to figure out what on earth she was suppose to know for her midterm.

*In the afternoon after class has ended*

Oh Ha Ni was the only one left in her class trying to study while Joon Gu was still sitting there with his friends, debating mentally on whether to leave or not. It was then that Kim Kyu Jong who had been walking through the halls on his way to the special study hall to tell Seung-Jo that his family was coming over to dinner. 

“Hey, Oh Ha Ni right?” Joon Gu snapped to attention at the sound of another guy talking to Ha Ni.

“Yeah, hi Kyu Jong-ssi, what are you doing on this side of the river?” Oh Ha Ni replied smiling brightly at Kyu Jong who was smiling in a gentle way.

“I’m on my way to the special study hall. How’s studying going?” He said honestly curious.

“YA! Who are you talking to my girl?” Joon Gu said ignoring the fact that Oh Ha Ni was only his girl in his imagination and walked over possessively to Ha Ni’s desk. Embarrassed by his actions, Oh Ha Ni quickly cleared up the issue with Kyu Jong who was surprised that this self proclaimed “boyfriend” reacted so strongly to someone talking to his “girlfriend”.  But not before Ha Ni hit Joon Go with her book. “Sorry Kyu Jong-ssi, he tends to say stuff like this. We’re not together but he acts like we are,” Ha Ni explained sheepishly, nervous of his reaction.

Kyu Jong smiled to himself. He didn’t mean to make the girl nervous but it was quite amusing.  He had met her only twice before this but she amused him. It also interested him how his long time family friend Seung-Jo reacted stronger to her than other girls though he didn't seem to notice.

“So how is studying going? Since it seems like the fellow that claims you to be his girlfriend hasn’t been much help,” Kyu Jong said still honestly curious how it was for students in the lowest class as he had always been in the top two classes.

“It could be better but how is it my fault that most of this stuff feels like alien language to me? I don’t even remember learning half these things!” Oh Ha Ni whined.

“It can’t be that bad,” Kyu Jong said, walking over to see what was so difficult that made her so frustrated when school work seemed quite simple to him. Looking at the textbook, Kyu Jong mentally laughed. What frustrated her were those annoying types of math problems that required you to understand and know a certain formula and use it, which were quite simple once a person understood the formula.

“Want some help?” He asked good naturedly.

“Yes please! Kamsahamnida Kyu Jong-ssi,”    

“No!! Oh Ha Ni I can help you! You don’t need this jerk to help you!” The guy with a crush on Oh Ha Ni blurted out. Kyu Jong was about to make a comment along the lines of how do you plan on doing that when Oh Ha Ni retorted, “Joon Gu! I need to get on the top 50 list to prove to Baek Seung-Jo that people in class 7 aren’t completely hopeless at academics,” 

Then under her breath loud enough for Kyu Jong but not Joon Gu to hear, “It’s your fault this happened anyways,” Kyu Jong smiled amused by what was going on in front of him as well as interested at what was going on between Oh Ha Ni and one of the world’s coldest men, Baek Seung-Jo.

“So how about I help you a bit this afternoon then we can plan to meet up later. I’d do it for longer but I’ve been invited over for dinner at Seung-Jo’s. Apparently there is something interesting going on there and his mom can’t seem to hide her excitement,”  Kyu Jong said while recalling his conversation with Seung-Jo’s mother.

“Oh really….ummm thanks Kyu Jong-ssi,” Oh Ha Ni responded while thinking This is going to explode in my face soon. Not good.

Like I said before POV switching, I'm also editing this a bit as I post it, I have till chap 6 prewritten/on fanfiction.net so if you're really that impatiant and not caring about errors that i haven't corrected, go right on ahead but till then i'll be slowly posting chapters up and eventually making images for each chapter because i need editing practice. 

:) made a picture, hoping my editing skills are getting better but i doubt because i never use them