Going to the Beach

What Happens [Discontinued]

*Later that night*

Seung Jo was preparing to go to bed when he heard his name coming from Ha Ni’s room. Curious to hear what she was saying about him, he walked closer to the open window.
From his place next to the window, Seung Jo could hear Ha Ni say, “…I’m fine…. He must have been surprised. I don’t blame him for acting that way I would have done the same too… Okay, I’ll talk to you tomorrow, bye.”
Her words surprised him. She wasn’t angry or even mad at him; in fact, she even protected him from her friend’s inaudible-to-him comment, her words made no sense at all to Seung Jo. Yet it was that exact reason that it brought a small tug on the side of his mouth into a small unconscious lopsided smile.
“Am I missing something here? I was berating her earlier yet she’s still defending me…despite that incident and despite the fact she had sworn to stop liking me,”   Seung Jo thought to himself, staring to his left where Ha Ni’s window was. “Does she still like me?” The last question lingered for a little while but Seung Jo brushed it away only to have it return again and again till it burned in his mind.
“Ugh why do I even care? She’s just a girl,”

*The Next Morning*

Seung Jo was about to leave for school when he was stopped by his mom.
“Nu uh, you’re not going to school today instead your coming with us to the beach,”
“There’s nothing you can do to make me go,” Seung Jo replied. His mom smirked and took out her phone showing Eun Jo trapped between his father and Ha Ni’s father.
“HYUNG!”Eun Jo cried out, “I woke up and found myself here! HELP ME HYUNG!”
Seung Jo’s eyes widened, he couldn’t leave Eun Jo with his parents and whoever else was going on the trip, the things they could do to his dongsaeng.
“Fine I’ll go,” His mom clapped her hand in happiness. Looking around he saw Ha Ni with her two friends standing somewhat awkwardly to the side with their luggage talking to each other.
“Great, a whole weekend with her, her dad and friends and my family. I can’t see how this could get any more fun,” Seung Jo thought sarcastically. As if his inner thoughts had been answered, the house’s buzzer went off announcing that someone was at the front door.
“Hm? Who could that be?” Seung Jo’s mother wondered aloud as she walked over to the little screen that would tell her the answer.
“Hi! I heard you were going on a trip and thought I’d join!” said the person outside the door.
“I’m sorry who are you?” Seung Jo’s mother replied.
“I’m Hong Jang Mi! The daughter of one of your friends,” Seung Jo’s mother feel silent but it was easy to see that she didn’t like Jang Mi. Walking away from the screen without letting Jang Mi in, Seung Jo’s mother smiled at Ha Ni and started to lead them to the car.

*Back at School*

Joon Gu was confused, he hadn’t seen Ha Ni or her friends and class was about to start. He’d seen Kyu Jong in the halls but Ha Ni hadn’t been around him and now that he thought about it neither had Seung Jo.
“She’s not with that bastard right now is she?” Yet Joon Gu’s worst fears took form when the teacher answered his question of where Ha Ni was as “excused to go play on a beach along with her friends.” While Joon Gu was by no means the smartest person one could ever meet, he wasn’t the stupidest and he did know that it meant Ha Ni was on a trip with Seung Jo to the beach of all places. The thought of Ha Ni fawning about Seung Jo in a swimming suit appalled him, he wanted Ha Ni to fawn over him. Getting up from his seat, Joon Gu rushed out of class in time to crash into Kyu Jong who was also heading out.
Instead of apologizing like a normal person, Joon Gu rushed off without saying a word to Kyu Jong. Unknowing to him, Kyu Jong had been at school to settle a few matters before heading off to the beach as well. As a good friend of Seung Jo’s, Kyu Jong had been invited but as the Vice President of the student council, he always had matters to deal with at school. It was almost bothersome how they would bug him more than they bugged the President. Kyu Jong wouldn’t mind as much if what people bugged him about was actually meaningful questions but they asked about things that were completely irrelevant and ate up his time. Having seen that it was Joon Gu that had knocked him to the ground, Kyu Jong was sure that Joon Gu had heard about Ha Ni’s presence at the beach with Seung Jo and his family.
“Maybe I should offer him a ride. As much as the guy dislikes me, it would be safer for everyone if I helped him.”
But by the time Kyu Jong had gotten to his car,which he had driven to school for the sole purpose of getting to the beach, Joon Gu was no where in sight.
“Well, I wish him luck then...I guess.  I wonder how Ha Ni’s faring.”

At that point in time, Ha Ni was still on the ride to the beach. The atmosphere in the back of the car was awkward to put it plainly. While the fathers talked among themselves in the front, Ha Ni and her friends were staring and sitting quietly not quite sure what to do. Seung Jo’s mother, who was usually extremely cheerful and good natured had been criticizing every comment that Jung Mi made from the watermelon that she said tasted like honey to the ideas for games to play to break the silence. While on the topic of games, Ha Ni suggested to play a 3 word game of sayings with the next person having to use the last word of who ever spoke before them as his or her’s first word. Seung Jo’s mother immediately brightened up at the sound of Ha Ni’s idea, leaving it obvious that she prefered Ha Ni to Jung Mi.

Even to Seung Jo, his mother’s behavior was a bit much. He understood why his mother didn’t like Jung Mi but even so he wondered whether or not she could be more subtle about her distaste. The flat out rejection of all Jung Mi’s ideas and comments and instant cheerfulness to Ha Ni’s were too obvious but even Seung Jo had to admit that Jung Mi was annoying . While Ha Ni had her cheerful nature and genuine smiles to make up for what made her annoying, Jung Mi had nothing of that sort to make her a more attractive person.

The game that Ha Ni suggested wasn’t actually that much fun to Seung Jo but it was better than nothing.  After a few rounds Ha Ni was left to start her phrase with “Seung”. Not having much time to think, Ha Ni said the first thing that came into her mind which just ended up to be Seung Jo Jjang or  better known as Seung Jo is Great! This caused the air to tense. Seung Jo wasn’t too surprised in the answer that Ha Ni gave but neither did it please him. She seemed to try too hard. Yet to clear the tension Seung Jo started to tease Ha Ni by asking ”Is this what you were waiting to play this game for? Hmm?” Yet they continued to play the game until they reached the beach not knowing of the intrusions both expected and unexpected that they would have on that day.
                                                

****LINEEEE!*****

Okay so I’d apologize again but I think that’s getting a little redundant. It’s known by this point I’m a dreadful updater. It’s a busier year(sort of) and I currently have two grades that are B’s and that is currently killing me, it doesn’t matter that it’s an AP and an honors class, all that matters is that THEY ARE B’S!!!! So basically I’m pissed, I became a co-author on AFF and decided that I should probably work on my own which I haven’t posted a new chapter in 58 days(thanks  FF.net for keeping files for 60 days and reminding me how dreadful I am) Anyways here is the first part of the beach trip. My guess is that it’ll take two more chapters at least, you have the day, the night and the parts of Kyu Jong and Joon Gu. I wasn’t originally going to make it that long but I had a PM that inspired me to add more and make the interesting event just a little more interesting and more of a twist.