Dinner with the Baek Family and Kyu Jong

What Happens [Discontinued]

Previously

“So how about I help you a bit this afternoon then we can plan to meet up later. I’d do it for longer but I’ve been invited over for dinner at Seung-Jo’s. Apparently there is something interesting going on there and his mom can’t seem to hide her excitement,” Kyu Jong said while recalling his conversation with Seung-Jo’s more than eccentric that day mother.

“Oh really….ummm thanks Kyu Jong-ssi,” Oh Ha Ni responded while thinking dang it this is going to explode in my face soon. Not excited.

Oh what was she going to do? Kyu Jong was going to find out that the interesting thing Seung-Jo’s mom had to show was her and her father.  What was he going think of her after that? Oh Ha Ni had so many questions floating around her head that she didn’t realize that Kyu Jong had started to speak again.

“I’m sorry Kyu Jong-ssi but what were you saying?” He smiled at her kindly before saying, “I was wondering if you had a preference on what I should help you with,” Thinking over her not so fantastic scores, Oh Ha Ni answered, “You can choose,”

The afternoon passed quickly as Oh Ha Ni slowly learning the material that she was supposed to have learned before with the Kyu Jong’s help. Joon Gu had left when he was certain that the only thing the two would do was study. The moment Joon Gu had left, Ha Ni relaxed as she no longer had to hold the pretense that she didn’t want to hurt Joon Gu in anyway.  Kyu Jong had managed to help Ha Ni a bit but there was still a lot of material that still confused her.

“I’m doomed right now with no chance to win that bet against Baek Seung-Jo aren’t I?” Ha Ni said sighing after messing up yet another math equation and not knowing why.

“You can do it just have faith in yourself,” Kyu Jong said. He let Ha Ni rest a bit. She seemed honestly tired but she had managed to learn some of the material for the midterm. Kyu Jong was slightly worried on how much he could really help Oh Ha Ni. There was a lot that she didn’t know and although he was pretty good at his studies he still sometimes needed help. Looking at the clock he saw that it was getting late.

“Ha  Ni it’s getting late, we should probably head home,”

“Oh yeah, I guess. Well thank you for the help Kyu Jong-ssi. I’m going to stay a little bit longer,” Kyu Jong being the gentleman that he was didn’t quite like the thought of Oh Ha Ni going home by herself late at night. It would be dark and there had recently been sightings of a creeper person roaming the streets at night. 

“I’ll walk you home recently there has been some weird people around and they’re more likely to attack a girl by herself than two people,”

Oh Ha Ni was spazing in her head now. It wasn’t that she didn’t want Kyu Jong to walk her home because she was honestly fine with that but what she wasn’t fine with is that if Baek Seung-Jo caught what was happening he would kill her in at least 10 different ways. With his IQ it wouldn’t be surprising if he did know that ways to kill a person. Then she came up with a brilliant lie, “Well actually Kyu Jong my dad said for me to walk to Baek Seung-Jo’s house for some reason but he forgot to tell me the address,”

This caught Kyu Jong by surprise. Oh Ha Ni didn’t seem like someone that would have any connection to Seung-Jo.

“Not to sound rude but judging from Seung-Jo’s reaction the other day I didn’t expect you to be close enough to be invited to his house,”

“Oh I’m not, my dad is a long lost friend of his dad. Apparently my house breaking helped get the two in touch with each other,”

“Ah if that’s the case why don’t we all walk together over to his house,”

Oh Ha Ni started to say something but Kyu Jong just pulled her out of the room as Oh Ha Ni had already packed up all her stuff. Stopping in front of the special study room, Kyu Jong waved his free hand at Baek Seung-Jo. Seung-Jo must have seen it at the corner of his eye as he packed up his stuff for he nodded his head before finishing putting all of his stuff in his backpack and heading over to where Kyu Jong was.

Seung-Jo was surprised. He didn’t expect Kyu Jong to show up at the study hall with a girl or have that girl be Oh Ha Ni.

“What’s she doing here?” Seung-Jo asked Kyu Jong completely ignoring the fact that he could just ask her instead of Kyu Jong.

“Your parents invited her family and me over for dinner,” Kyu Jong answered completely unaware that he had been lied to. Seung-Jo was shocked that Ha Ni could made a decent excuse for being at his house.

“Let’s go,” He said ignoring the look Kyu Jong was giving him.  The walk there was silent and filled with awkwardness that Seung-Jo didn’t bother trying to disintegrate in any way.  Although if they thought the walk there was awkward, they weren’t prepared for Seung-Jo’s mother. The moment they walked in, she hugged Kyu Jong and Oh Ha Ni at the same time.

“Kyu Jong! Aww you look so handsome, I haven’t seen you in ages. It’s so nice that you all decided to walk here together.  Did Seung-Jo introduce you two?” Seung-Jo’s mother said ending with a question that she hoped the answer was yes. It wouldn’t help her trying to get Oh Ha Ni and her son together but it would mean he was being more social than usual. As expected though the answer was no and she once again faced the reality of her son’s cold heartedness.

“Well then, Kyu Jong make yourself at home and Ha Ni relax this is your home right now you don’t need to be so cautious,”

Kyu Jong’s eyebrows rose at the sentence. Seung-Jo’s mother was lax around people she liked but even she wasn’t one to say something like that to someone who was a daughter of a friend. He’d seen her find someone that she dislike and practically shoved them out the door with a smile on her face.   Kyu Jong was about to ask what Seung-Jo’s mother meant by Oh Ha Ni’s home right now but was pushed away to the table to start their meal.

Once everyone was settled into the assigned seats, Kyu Jong asked what Seung-Jo’s mother’s surprise was.

“Well, Kyu Jong I thought since you were such a close family friend that it would be fun for you to join in my little celebration for Ha Ni and Ki Dong (Oh Ha Ni’s Dad) for moving in with us!”

Kyu Jong was surprised. He had semi-guessed the news when Seung-Jo’s mother had stated to Oh Ha Ni that this was her home right now but it didn’t seem like it would be true. Oh Ha Ni had also lied to him saying that she was only invited to dinner like he was when she was really living in the same house as Seung Jo.  He was going to talk to her later. There was no way he, Kyu Jong was going to let Oh Ha Ni off for lying to him.

oooo cliff hanger! sort of...lol i at writing at times. anyways i'm behind on trying to make edits to this story...i would be more productive if i could consentrate....but i just can't...