A Story and Hurt Feelings

What Happens [Discontinued]

Previously

Just around then someone yelled her name, someone Ha Ni hadn’t been expecting to hear.

Ha Ni looked around for the voice. All of a sudden something burst out from the bushes. “WHERE’S MY HA NI?!?” the thing exclaimed. It didn’t take Ha Ni too long to realize that the thing that yelled was Joon Gu. He looked as if he’d been mobbed by a bear or had rolled through mud.

“What…” But before Ha Ni could finish her question she heard Kyu Jong’s voice from where the parents were.  Now Ha Ni was starting to have a difficult time comprehending what was going on.  This trip was meant to get away from any kind of stress, well as much as she could while she was trying to get over her crush on Seung Jo but it seemed like that part had turned out to be untrue.

“HA NIII!” Joon Gu exclaimed once again as possessiveness hit him when he spotted Ha Ni and Seung Jo near each other.  He started to run toward Ha Ni when he tripped over a stick on the ground and fell on his face.

“Ah, so he did end up finding you,” A gentle voice commented from Ha Ni’s left. Ha Ni turned around to find Kyu Jong smiling gently at her. Seeing that Ha Ni was looking at him, Kyu Jong greeted, “Hello Ha Ni, did you have a good day?” Ha Ni opened to say something but closed it as words wouldn’t come out. Instead she responded by slowly nodding her head.

“That’s good. Do you want to hear what delayed me?” Kyu Jong asked.  

“Sure,” Ha Ni answered with a bright smile which caused Kyu Jong to smile as well. On Ha Ni’s other side Seung Jo just watched the two interact. Deciding that they were just going to ignore his existence, Seung Jo went off to find Eun Jo.

“Welll…” Kyu Jong started.

*A Few Hours Earlier*

Kyu Jong was driving down the highway when he saw something unusual. He had stopped by his house to grab some things that he’d forgotten before heading off to the beach. Kyu Jong was excited to finally be able to take a break at the beach but when he was nearly there, he saw an explosion.

“What could that be?” Kyu Jong wondered. As he continued driving he saw an interesting site, Joon Gu on the side of the road limping and completely covered in soot. Slowing down next to Joon Gu, Kyu Jong asked, “Are you alright?”

Joon Gu’s eyes widened in surprise when he saw Kyu Jong. While Joon Gu was by no means a fan of him, Joon Gu smiled internally at his good fortune. Kyu Jong was going where Ha Ni was meaning that if he could get a ride with Kyu Jong he could arrive there sooner than if he walked.

“I’m fine, hey would you mind giving me a ride?” Kyu Jong looked closely at Joon Gu and the condition he was in. Having seen the explosion, Kyu Jong knew that Joon Gu had been the cause.

“Sure,” Kyu Jong replied cautiously. Joon Gu happily got into the car but Kyu Jong had decided he wasn’t going to take Joon Gu to the beach. He not only knew that Ha Ni wouldn’t quite appreciate Joon Gu’s presence but that Joon Gu should see a doctor. Joon Gu was too happy smiling at the idea that he could get to Ha Ni faster that he didn’t notice that Kyu Jong had passed the beach and was driving towards the hospital till Kyu Jong had parked the car.

“YES! To Ha Ni!” Joon Gu was about to run off when he took in his surroundings. There was no beach around or more specifically anything he could identify with Ha Ni. Turning back at Kyu Jong he yelled, “YA!”

“You need to see a doctor for your injuries,” Kyu Jong replied, “Now go see the doctor. Do you need me to accompany you?”

“I don’t need a doctor, I need to be at the beach with Ha Ni! Take me!” Kyu Jong just looked at Joon Gu with a skeptical eye.

“Are you sure about that?”

“YES!” Kyu Jong sighed at Joon Gu’s persistence at being with Ha Ni but allowed Joon Gu back into his car before officially starting towards the beach. Unlike the first time Joon Gu made sure to pay attention to where Kyu Jong was taking him. When the beach came into site, Joon Gu didn’t wait for Kyu Jong to find the exact location where SeungJo’s family would be and instead told him to stop while he got out and started to run.

Kyu Jong watched Joon Gu run off. He wasn’t sure exactly what to think about this incident just that he was starting understand Ha Ni’s pain with Joon Gu a little bit more. Driving on, Kyu Jong didn’t stop until he found the relative area where SeungJo’s family was located. Unfortunately for him when he got out of his car a group of girls crowded around him.

“OMG are you SS501’s Kim Kyu Jong?”  The girls asked. Although Kyu Jong didn’t see the resemblance between himself and the idol star, incidents like this did happen frequently.  It didn’t help that he shared the same name too. The idol star should be thankful that he was kind enough to not abuse the similarity of face and name for some selfish personal reasons.

“No but I get that a lot,” Kyu Jong replied and started trying to move. The girls made it difficult for him to get anywhere as they remained crowded around him.

“Are you sure you’re not lying? Because you really look a lot like him,” one of the girls commented.

“I’m sure. Now will you please give me some space and let me find my friends?”

Kyu Jong struggled to get away from the girls who continued to insist that he was some idol star before escaping them by hiding in the bathroom as stereotypical as it may sound. When he saw that they had gotten tired waiting for him to come out, Kyu Jong was finally able to start his search for SeungJo. Unsurprisingly to Kyu Jong, SeungJo didn’t answer his phone. This left Kyu Jong to wander around in hope to find the group. Luckily for Kyu Jong he managed them without attracting more idol fangirls.

“And now here we are,” Kyu Jong ended.

“Wait so you get mistaken for SS501’s Kyu Jong?” Ha Ni looked at Kyu Jong closely, “I don’t see it,”

“It’s okay I don’t either. But you should see those types of girls around Seung Jo. They always believe that he’s the leader of SS501,”

“REALLY?” Ha Ni couldn’t think of anyone believing Seung Jo of all people was an idol. It seemed just plain weird, “Does Seung Jo even know who Hyun Joong is?”

“Not until he had met those fan girls,”

Time passed quickly until it was time for everyone to go to bed.  Joon Gu had changed into Seung Jo’s extra clothes.  Ha Ni and the rest of the females plus Eun Jo were making themselves comfortable inside the camper, so it left Joon Gu by himself. Truth be told, Joon Gu felt out of place. While he didn’t regret coming to be with Ha Ni, without the rest of his friends, Joon Gu couldn’t help but feel unsure of what he should do. Seung Jo was playing the guitar and Kyu Jong had gone off with the fathers to help set up the tents.

“So you play guitar too,” Joon Gu mumbled.

Listening to Seung Jo playing guitar didn’t help Joon Gu’s self confidence at all. In fact, it worsened it. It was just another reason to why Seung Jo was so perfect in the eyes of pretty much every girl in his school.  

“Did you seriously come here just for Ha Ni?” Seung Jo asked, letting his fingers take a break from the guitar.

“Of course! You might not really like Ha Ni now but you’re a red-blooded male, and there’s no telling when you’ll turn into a beast,” Seung Jo laughed at Joon Gu’s statement. While he couldn’t relate to his schoolmate at all, Seung Jo had to admit that the guy had dedication.
You like Oh Ha-ni that much?” Joon Gu was surprised at Seung Jo’s directness. It was something he hadn’t expected.
Oh, hey….um…when you ask it so…directly…I just…want to make her happy—that’s my dream.”
You do that then. You fit well together, you and Oh Ha-ni.” The moment those words left Seung Jo’s mouth, Joon Gu went into a flurry of happiness while a little while away Ha Ni, who had left the camper for some fresh air, felt her heart break. Not wanting to stay there, Ha Ni made her way back into the camper.

As she made her way back the camper, Ha Ni bumped into Kyu Jong.

“I’m sorry,” Ha Ni muttered before moving past Kyu Jong. She went through the exchange without once looking at Kyu Jong. That fact alone instantly told him, something had happened that seriously hurt Ha Ni’s feelings in some way. Looking in the direction which Ha Ni had come from, Kyu Jong saw Seung Jo and Joon Gu.

“Oh Seung Jo, when will you learn?” Kyu Jong thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so how big of an apology letter do I need to make? I know it’s been 7 months since my last update. I seriously never meant for that to happen, it just kind of did. Senior year is coming up and the second half of junior year was just not easy. Seriously if you’re thinking about taking AP Physics B, or are, that is a hard class. It’s a year long class I believe in most places but I had it in half a year and it was painful. I scraped by in that class with B’s and a 4. I can get a grade change but seriously, it’s a hard class. But 2014 is also the last year that anyone can take it so this advice is pretty much lost on most of the world anyways.

The biggest issue with writing this chapter is that there just wasn’t anything to really put in content wise. Kyu Jong and Joon Gu’s adventure? What adventure? The time frame was kind of odd so that's why the SS501 thing came up. Using that reminded me of Reply 1997 which btw is an amazing drama and should be watched by all. I’ll try not to make my next update take so long except I get second hand embarrassment really easily and the next chapter I have to write one the scenes that embarrassed me the most.