Chapter 7

A Heart As Cold As You

Sorry for those who might find the starting of the chapter almost rated H. It's part of the story and a part of Jyoung Mi's past.

 

 

Jyoung Mi woke up in a cold sweat. A bright light met her eyes, blinding her momentarily. She tried to get up, but her wrists and ankles felt like lead. She looked at them. Thick ropes bound her to a sparse bed.

 

She tried to struggle out, but to no avail. She was trapped.

 

She heard the shuffling of footsteps and the shadow of a man appeared on the wall. She struggled, but the thick ropes that bound her down only cut into her flesh.

 

The man appeared. Jyoung Mi gasped. The man who had appeared was none other than someone close to her.

 

The man whom she respected. The man whom she trusted all the years of her life. The man who was with her since the day of her birth.

 

" Well, well, well~ Look what we have here~ ", smirked the man over her.

 

" Ani...this is just a nightmare...I'm just dreaming... ", she stuttered.

 

" You're not dreaming, little girl. ", chuckled the man.

 

" Let--let me go! ", she shouted.

 

" Not until I have you. ", replied the man as he his lips.

 

Jyoung Mi looked into his eyes. All she saw was lust. Not a shred of pity or remorse. She could only see the man in front of her as a lustful devil. A wolf in a sheepskin. A nightmare.

 

" Ani. Please don't. Ani. ", she pleaded.

 

Tears streamed down her cheeks uncontrollably.

 

" I want you, baby~ ", smirked the man.

 

He undressed himself and forcefully ripped her clothes off. He held her down as he positioned himself before her. Jyoung Mi pleaded and wept, but her cries fell on deaf ears.

 

" Stop struggling! ", commanded the man.

 

She wriggled, squirmed and struggled with all her might. But all her efforts went to waste. Finally, she gave up and collasped, weary and worn down.

 

" Good girl. ", smirked the man as he moved closer to her...

 

 

" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ", screamed Jyoung Mi as she sat up.

She looked around her. She was still on the bunk bed in Super Junior's house. He wasn't there.

A light suddenly flicked on. The rustling of sheets could be heard. Murmurs came from below.

The bedroom door opened and five sleepyheads stumbled in groggily.

" Huh? What's going on? We heard a scream. ", asked Siwon sleepily as he rubbed an eye drowsily.

" Yah, my precious beauty sleep is ruined. ", grumbled Heechul as he removed a cucumber from one of his eyes.

" Jyoung Mi-ah, are you alright? Were you the one who screamed? ", asked Donghae.

Jyoung Mi bit her lip and turned away instead of answering. She softly cried and stifled her sobs. The boys got worried.

" Did I say anything wrong? ", asked Donghae timidly.

" Ani. ", came the weak reply.

Leeteuk climbed up the rungs of the bunk bed's ladder and looked in on Jyoung Mi. Her body was trembling under the blanket and he heard a whimper from her curled-up figure.

" Jyoung Mi-ah. ", he whispered as he shook her body gently.

Jyoung Mi turned her body to face Leeteuk. She wiped her tears away.

" You were crying, huh? ", asked Leeteuk as he brushed a strand of stray hair from her face.

Jyoung Mi sat up and climbed down the ladder. She walked out of the room without another word.

" Y--yah! Wait! Where are you going? It's 2 in the morning! ", sputtered Yesung as he pointed at the clock.

There was no response. Only the patter of socked feet and the creaking of a door could be heard. There was a click and silence filled the air.

They went downstairs. They tried the doors down there, but Jyoung Mi wasn't in there. Kangin, who needed to use the bathroom all of a sudden, tried to open the bathroom door.

But it was locked.

He tried again. It was locked. Definitely.

" You guys, I think she's in here! ", shouted Kangin.

Kibum knocked on the door gently. There was no answer. He continued to knock again and again. But there was still no response.

Heechul got impatient and, not to mention, worried sick.

He went to the door and started banging on the door.

" YAH! JYOUNG MI-AH! COME OUT! YOU'RE TURNING US INTO A BUNCH OF WORRYWARTS HERE! COME ON OUT! I NEED TO GET MY BEAUTY SLEEP AND IT'S FRICKING 2:25 AM IN THE MORNING! YOU'VE BEEN IN THERE LIKE FOREVER, Y'KNOW!? ", he screamed as he pounded on the door.

" Hyung, calm down. ", said Hankyung.

" Where's the key? I thought I told you guys to look for it? ", Yesung asked Kibum and Kyuhyun.

" Uhm...hyung? ", whispered Ryeowook.

" What? "

" There is no key. "

" WHAT THE HELL?! NO KEY!? BABOS!!! ", screamed Leeteuk.

Siwon stood back, ran forward and slammed his body against the door. The door shook, but didn't give way to the massive force.

" Wonnie, what the hell are you doing?! ", shrieked Heechul.

" Since there's no key, I have to break down the door. But I'll make sure I'll pay for the damages tomorrow. ", said Siwon.

He rammed himself into the door again and again and again. Panting, he plopped himself down on the floor.

Hankyung decided to try this time. He stood a distance back, hurled himself forward and slammed his weight against the door.

The door's lock fell off and the door swung from its hinges.

Hankyung fell in headfirst, hitting his nose against the floor.

" Aah! My nose! My poor nose! ", he whimpered as he gingerly felt his nose.

" Hankyungie, are you alright? ", cooed Heechul.

" Jyoung Mi-ah, are you in here hiding? Come on out! ", said Donghae.

" What? ", came a small voice.

They looked at the window. It was open.

" Aish! She must've gone out the window! ", said Eunhyuk.

Donghae gulped and placed his foot on the window ledge.

" Hae, what are you doing?! ", shrieked Eunhyuk.

" I'm gonna look for Jyoung Mi-ah. ", said Donghae as he took another dangerous step.

" Ani! You'll fall! ", gasped Siwon.

But Donghae had already crawled out of the window and onto the ledge.

His foot was perched precariously on the narrow window ledge. One wrong move and he would slip and tumble down.

His fingers grasped the edge of the roof. He was barely hanging on. If his fingers got really sweaty, he might lose his grip and fall.

Donghae made another move, ignoring the sweat that was trickling down his back and forehead. His palms felt clammy and cold. His feet felt numb.

He put his foot on a ledge, slipped on a puddle of water on the ledge and lost his footing. He stumbled and accidentally let go of the edge of the roof.

" AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! ", he screamed as he fell.

" Hae!!! ", shrieked Eunhyuk as he watched his best friend fall.

" HAE!!! ", shouted Leeteuk.

" HAE HYUNG!!! ", gasped Kibum.

Donghae fell and fell, until a hand grabbed his arm tight. He looked up. Jyoung Mi was holding his arm.

She held the roof's ledge with one hand and steadied her feet against the wall.

" Jyoung--Jyoung M--Mi-ah! ", said Donghae.

" O--opp--oppa... ", she breathed.

Donghae perked his ears up. Did she just call him oppa or was he hearing things?

" Jun--Juns--Junsu o--oppa, hold my hand tight. Don't--don't let go again. I'm not losing you another time. ", she stuttered.

Donghae furrowed his brows in confusion. His name isn't Junsu. Who is this Junsu in her life?

Jyoung Mi swung Donghae to the window and he tumbled in headfirst. Jyoung Mi tumbled in after him.

" Jyoung Mi-ah! ", said Sungmin as he shook her.

She murmured something with closed eyes. Sungmin leaned closer to hear better.

" Is--is Jun--Junsu oppa....al...right.....? ", she murmured.

" Junsu? ", asked Sungmin confusedly.

Jyoung Mi's head lolled lifelessly in Sungmin's lap. Siwon scooped her up in his arms and brought her upstairs.

Eunhyuk helped Donghae up. Heechul helped Hankyung up. They walked out of the bathroom.

" Remind me to pay for the door's damages tomorrow, Kibum. ", said Leeteuk.

" Arasso, Teukie hyung. ", said Kibum.

As they walked back upstairs, Donghae spaced out a little. Who was this Junsu in Jyoung Mi's life? What role did he play?

He was itching to find out.