Chapter 13

A Heart As Cold As You

Jyoung Mi woke up in a room. Everything was blurry and she felt dizzy. She sat up groggily and took in her surroundings.

A dumbbell sat in a corner of the room, a basketball and a few books were placed on shelfs, a computer sat on a neat desk near a window and clothes were strewn all over the floor.

She placed a hand to her forehead and felt a damp cloth on her forehead. She took it off and dropped it on the floor.

" Where am I? ", she thought as she stood up and walked towards the door.

Suddenly, the door opened, startling her. Donghae stood in the doorway with a look of surprise on his face.

" Oh! Jyoung Mi-ah! You're finally awake! ", he said, both happy and surprised at the same time.

" D--Donghae??? What--what am I doing here??? Where am I??? ", she asked.

" Wookie saved you from drowning, but he's unconscious right now. ", said Donghae sadly.

He turned away to wipe away a few stray tears from his eyes. Jyoung Mi gasped in shock.

" Mwoh?! Ryeowook?! Unconscious?! Wae?! ", she burst out.

" He--he--he became uncon--unconscious af--after sav--saving you from dr--drown--drowning. ", explained Donghae through sobs.  " His--his body is weak and--and water makes--makes him feel like he's--he's being squeezed. "

Donghae cuddled his legs to his chest to cry some more. Jyoung Mi felt awful, thinking it was her fault Ryeowook was unconscious after just saving her from drowning.

She laid a hand on Donghae's shoulder, making him look up at her with teary eyes.

" Donghae-sshi, where is he? ", she asked quietly.

" In--in his room with Yes--Yesung hy--hy--hyung. ", answered Donghae.

Jyoung Mi got up and looked in each room, until she caught sight of Yesung sitting next to Ryeowook who was sleeping peacefully on his bed.

" Yesung-sshi? "

Yesung looked up at the mention of his name.

" Oh! Jyoung Mi-ah! "

Jyoung Mi walked up hesitantly towards Yesung.

" How's your arm? ", she asked.

" Fine. ", he smiled slightly.  " It could've been a whole lot worse if you didn't stab that creature in its back. "

" M'kay. How's Ryeowook-sshi? ", she asked worriedly.

" He's still unconscious, but he's okay. Kibum said he should rest to recover. ", answered Yesung.

" I'm sorry. ", she whispered.  " I caused this mess. "

Jyoung Mi looked down and began to do something she hadn't done for so many years: crying for someone.

For years, she never shed a single tear. The last time she cried was at the funeral of her late mother after she died of grief over the loss of Junsu, her son( Jyoung Mi's brother ).

Yesung stood up from his seat and went up to Jyoung Mi. He caressed her cheeks gently and felt her tears streaming down her cheeks.

" Jyoung Mi-ah, are you crying? ", asked Yesung gently as he tilted her head up to face him.

" No. ", lied Jyoung Mi, but her red eyes said so otherwise.

Yesung flicked away her tears with his thumbs, but that only made her cry even harder. Unconsciously, Jyoung Mi buried her face into Yesung's chest and cried. He soothed her by rubbing comforting circles on her back.

" I'm sorry, Yesung-sshi. ", she cried.  " I'm sorry. I made Ryeowook-sshi become like this. "

" Shhh~ Shhh~ It's not your fault~ ", he soothed.

Unknown to them, Leeteuk was standing outside the bedroom door and he saw how Yesung was hugging Jyoung Mi as if they were together.

He clutched at his heart tightly. It was throbbing against his chest.

" Why--why am I feeling like this? ", he thought.  " Why do I feel so...mad...when I see her with my dongsaeng? I--I'm not jealous,....am I? "

He stared back at the scene, only to feel hatred and anger rising steeply in his chest. He took a deep breath and walked away to his room to cool down. Just as he walked away, Donghae came up the steps with a basin of water and a cloth for Ryeowook.

He was about to go into the room when he saw Yesung gently Jyoung Mi's wet cheeks. He gritted his teeth in anger. He bit his lip a little.

" I--I feel so...angry...for some reason... ", he thought.  " I--I'm not jealous, am I, of Yesung hyung? "

Shaking those jealous thoughts out of his head, he knocked on the slightly ajar door and went inside with the basin of water.

" Yesung hyung? ", he said, struggling to keep his voice controlled.  " I've got the water for Ryeowook's head. "

Yesung looked up and took the basin from Donghae with a mumble of thanks.

" I'll look after Ryeowook-sshi. ", said Jyoung Mi quietly.  " It's my fault he became like this, so I want to make it up to you guys. "

" Do you wanna be left alone for a while, Jyoung Mi-ah? ", asked Donghae.

" Ne. ", she replied softly.

With that, Donghae and Yesung went outside and left her alone with Ryeowook. Jyoung Mi sat next to Ryeowook and dabbed his head with the damp cloth.

Just then, Eunhyuk poked his head inside the room.

" Jyoung Mi-ah? "

Jyoung Mi turned around at the mention of her name.

" Ne, Eunhyuk-sshi? "

" Teukie hyung said that you're gonna be living with us from now on. ", Eunhyuk told her.  " You can't go back to your house and stay on your own now. Those beasts might attack you again. "

Seeing that Eunhyuk had a point in what he said, she had to agree and live with them from now on.