002

The Answer Is You

 

"Are you okay?" her teacher asked and she nodded in response. "Are you sure? Just be careful next time" once again, she nodded. 
 
"I hope you'll talk just even with me Chae Yeon" her teacher carressed her hair. "Go ahead. Go to your next class. Be careful on your way"
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yoo Chae Yeon. 18 years old. Lower class section. Full scholarship" Baekhyun read her profile while they were sitted at the cafeteria.
 
"Impressive. She's one of those students who obtain a full scholarship only to be given once every year. I wonder what's so special about her." Chen snickered.
 
"There's probably nothing. Just that she probably don't have manners at all cause she doesn't know how to apologize" Kai added.
 
"There might be a good reason for that" Lay suddenly spoke comfortably as the other boys looked at him. "What?"
 
"Ate you siding with her?" Chanyeol asked as he had his eyes wide.
 
"Oh come one guys" Lay reasoned out.
 
"But seriously, what is wrong with her? Doesn't she know that D.O hyung is like the most dangerous person in our group and ---" Sehun said but to be cut when Tao elbowed him then he saw D.O. glaring at him. He just let out a nervous laugh.
 
The cafeteria went louder when students came in one by one. The boys looked and rolled their eyes in annoyance. Thought they were enjoying their peaceful lunch time but guess they were wrong. Middle class section came followed by the lower class. The cringed on their face was plastered as soon as the lower section entered. They observed them as the smirked and laugh, seeing that lower section brings their own food just because the food in the cafeteria was expensive.
 
Some were permitted to eat free , but they should have a school voucher for it. Only a few people gets it, full scholar students to be exact. As the students are settling in their seats, the boys diverted their attention to their foods, well not all.
 
"Oh. There she is. The full scholar girl" Xiumin announced quietly in the group as he catch a glimpsed of the said girl.
 
"Why is she standing there?" Chen wondered as they saw her just standing staring at the menu. The younger ones, Tao, Sehun and Kai, laughed as they think she looks stupid with it.
 
"How long has she been standing and staring at the freaking menu? It's not like there's a new menu everyday and als---" Baekhyun was cut when Lay stood up and walked towards the said girl's direction, shocking all the other boys.
 
"Lay! What are you doing?! Come ba--" Chanyeol whispered loudly.
 
"Let him be" D.O. spoke. His eyes followed Lay. Observing him.
 
 
"Hi" Lay spoke startling the girl. "My name is Lay. Are you new here?" he asked and the girl shook his head.
 
"Miss, do you want some milk?" the server asked the girl and she smiled. "Here you go" the server gave it to her and she lowered her head as a sign of thanks.
 
"Uuhmm. About what happened earlier with my friends, I'm really sorry about that. It's just that---" Lay stopped when he realized she was just staring at him.
 
"I.. uuhh..." Lay scratched the back of his neck. "Do you need to eat now? You have a sit right?" He asked and she just nodded.
 
"Ohh. Okay.. So i guess i'm on your way. I'll step aside" he said and stepped aside giving way to the girl. He stared at him but was taken aback when she turned around and stretched her hand.
 
Lay gladly took it and shake hands with her. She smiled at him a little bit and that made the boys dropped their jaws. He released her hand and let her eat her lunch, peacefully.
 
 
"What... did he just... shake hands with her?" Chen unbelievely asked and the others nod.
 
They had their composure back once they saw Lay walking back to the table. They cleared their throat once he say down. They looked at him and he looked back with a blank expression.
 
"She's nice" Lay said as he drink his juice.
 
"Yeah? She smiled at you too" D.O. sternly said. "How can she smile at you and not even apologize to me"
 
"D.O..." Suho tried to calm him.
 
"Because she can't" Lay answered.
 
"What do you mean Lay?" Xiumin asked this time.
 
"She can't talk..." Lay calmly answered. "She wasn't really mute, she just won't talk"
 
"And how did you know?" Baekhyun crossed his arm.
 
"The ahjumma server told me, before i went back here" Lay smiled at them.
 
"I guess that answer your question D.O. That's why maybe she look flustered when you ask her to apologize" Suho told the other.
 
 
 
 
 
'I wonder why' D.O. quietly thought to himself as he glanced at the said girl.