008

The Answer Is You

'You are not jealous. You can't be jealous' he kept on repeating it on his mind convincing his self.

 
"What's up my brother?" a tall and pretty lady slapped his back.
 
"That hurts Yoora Noona!" he complained while trying to rub the spot where he was hit.
 
"Dang... you're tall but you're such a weakling. I remember when I stood up for you when you were such a cute kid. You've grown up so much, Chanyeol" she brother and the tall boy just rolled his eyes.
 
"You just hit hard" he complained and winced in pain.
 
"Hhmmm? What's up with all the albums?" Yoora asked as she took a sit beside him.
 
"I was just looking through stuffs... childhood stuff" Chanyeol answered his sister.
 
"Look. You are so cute here with those chubby cheeks" Yoora giggled picking up a picture of little Chanyeol. "Look, all of you are still cute here. Sehun, Jongin, Baekhyun, Junmyeon, you and Kyungsoo..." she giggled looking to more pictures. "...all of you are all grown up now"
 
"Yeah right... Kai, Sehun and I grew up, but those three, i doubt" Chanyeol laughed along with Yoora.
 
"I bet Kyungsoo still looks scary" Yoora said and the other hummed. She flip all the album pages smiling to her self thinking how her brother grew up so much.
 
"Does Kyungsoo still remember?" Yoora asked the tall boy and he looked at her confused.
 
"Remember what?" he asked her.
 
"The little girl. The one that was always with him and his Hyung, Seungsoo" Yoora answered looking at her brother. "You guys are all young, or should I say, kids. Some of your memory might not be really clear or some of you forgot it already"
 
"Do you know her name Noona?"
 
"Not really. I only hear Seungsoo calling her Chaennie" Yoora chuckled. "I remember when Kyungsoo whines whenever she pays attention to Seungsoo alone"
 
"Chaennie?" Chanyeol mummbled and an image of Chae Yeon flashed in his mind. 'impossible' he shook his head.
 
"I feel sorry for the Do's. They lost Seungsoo too early. He didn't even had the chance to see his brother grow up" Yoora sighed and placed the album back to the table.
 
"I heard he had an accident with some family friend" Chanyeol said as he turn pages of the album he have on.
 
"Seungsoo had problems with his lungs since he was young. The day he died, yes it was in a car accident with a close family friend of the Do's. They were rushing him to the hospital due to shortness of breath when the car in front of them was heading their way, overspeeding. The car flipped over causing the death two elders along with Seungsoo. The only person who survived... is her" Yoora stooped one of the pages of the albums and pointed a girl to Chanyeol. He frowned.
 
"What happened then?"
 
"Well, the Do's were mad, even Kyungsoo. He cried the most while hugging Seungsoo's body. He was so mad even with the girl that he pushed her away from his brother's body and out of the hospital room. The nurses said that---"
 
"Kyungsoo pushed her away and she was so frightened. She kept on crying while Kyungsoo was saying she should have be the one who died and not Seungsoo" Chanyeol finished Yoora's statement.
 
"You know?"
 
"I was there. I saw that part and that was the very first time I saw Kyungsoo so mad that even I, myself, was scared to go near him"
 
"After that... we never saw the girl again. There are rumors that she left Seoul with her personal nanny, some rumors said she killed herself at a very young age. Who knows..." Yoora shrugged. "I'm still surprised that you don't remember. I bet Kyungsoo doesn't remember either"
 
"He remembers, but not that clear" Chanyeol said and his sister hummed.
 
"Get some sleep. School is early tomorrow. Okay?" he nodded as his sister left him.
 
 
 
'Are you that girl, Chae Yeon' Chanyeol thought before he got ready for bed.
 
 
 
 
 
"YoungMaster, please help us. You're the only chance we have. Please..." a lady in her mid 30's beg the young Suho.
 
"Please stand up" Young Suho, almost 10 years old, helped her get up. "I.. I need to talk to my parents"
 
"I... I don't know where to go. The Do's are still mad at us, to young miss, please"
 
"What's with the noise outside, Junmyeon?" he turned around saw his father walking towards the door with the lady outside.
 
"Appa..."
 
"What are you doing here, late at night?" Mr. Kim asked when he noticed the little girl standing behind the lady.
 
"Tell the maids to prepare the guest room" Mr. Kim told young Suho and he did what he was told. "Stand up, please. Go inside. It's cold out here" he said and the lady nodded and held the girl's hand.
 
"I'll take her inside" Mr. Kim said and she nodded leaving the girl. "My dear..." Mr. Kim held her tiny hand when he felt tears on his own.
 
"I'm sorry for what happened" he hugged the little girl as  felt her cry. He scooped her up and hushed her until the little girl stopped crying and fell asleep in his arms. When he turned around, he saw his son.
 
"Junmyeon, i'll put her in your room. Take care of her tonight. We'll find a place for both of them tomorrow morning. Do you understand?" Young Suho nodded. As soon as the little girl was placed in his bed, he put the covers on her to keep her warm.
 
'Be strong. Everything will be okay' Young Suho whispered to her as he caressed her cheek putting her in a deep sleep.
 
 
 
"You've grown up so much" Suho said as he looked at the picture of him with the others, along with the girl.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"You still look fragile inside. Be strong. Everything will be okay, Chae Yeon.