Chapter 7

Thank you, Universe

Okay guys, I think that here on out is where it's gonna be a bunch of Taepyo because I feel like I've deprived you it. Also, I think they'll be some U-Bomb and i'm not sure if I'm gonna do any Zikyung yet. Actually for some reason I want to do a different ship. *WINK WINK* And I don't know if I can pull it off, or if it'll make any sense but I feel like i have to do it. BUT WHATEVER ENJOY THE CHAPTER PLEASE FORGIVE ME GUYS >-<

--------

 

Almost a week had passed, and Taeil was losing his mind. Jaehyo hadn't bothered to call him, and Jihoon hadn't bothered to bother him. Was the small boy really not that important? Maybe Jihoon was just giving him his space, but what was Jaehyo's deal? Was he just acting like he didn't care so the small boy would come crawling back? Or did he genuinely not care? Just thinking about it made Taeil so frustrated he could just cry. But, he didn't. He only pulled out his phone, and sent a text to his so-called boyfriend:

Hey... Is it okay if I come over?

The small boy paced back and forth as his phone sat idle on the coffee table. Five minutes passed- nothing. Ten minutes- still nothing. Taeil figured that Jaehyo probably was ignoring his text. I deserve it. He thought He sighed, and figured that it would just be best if he went to visit Jaehyo instead. The small boy didn't bother with changing his clothes, so he stayed in his black sweats, and his grey hoodie that he often wore, and left his apartment. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Jihoon sitting outside, but there was no Yukwon and there was no Minhyuk. Just him and his plants. He refused to look at the tall one and went on his way. Taeil made it to Jaehyo's home and knocked gently on the door. When no one came, he knocked a little harder. Just as he was getting ready to knock even harder, a shirtless Jiho barely opened the door.

"What?" He looked down at the small boy. 

"Where's Jaehyo?" Taeil asked, trying to look over the jerk's shoulders, to no avail.

"Looks like your nose is healing." He avoided the question.

"Where's you shirt?"

"Why does it matter?"

Taeil shrugged and asked about Jaehyo once more. "Can you get him?"

"He's sleep. Why would I just wake him up? That's rude." Jiho scoffed.

"You're rude, so why would you care?" Taeil asked.

"Can't you just come back when he's not sleeping? I don't feel like hearing his mouth. All he does is complain when he's awaken from his naps." 

Taeil was sensing that something was not right. That something horrible was going on, so without warning, he pushed Jiho out the way, to see a half Jaehyo on the couch panting like a dog. "What the ?" He knew something was going on, but in no way would he have expected this. "Jaehyo, what's going on?"

"Taeil, it's not what it looks like!" Jaehyo rushed to the small boys side.

"Bull, Jaehyo." Taeil was calm, though his anger grew as the seconds passed He pushed Jaehyo away from him. "You've got marks all over you and they're not from me!" Taeil whipped his head around to look at Jiho. "I knew you were petty, but I didn't think you were this petty." 

"Whatever, Taeil." Jiho shrugged. 

"How long has this been going on?" Taeil asked the two, now furious. "Is this why you never want to hang out? Why you act like you do?" He glared at Jaehyo. "How the .... why would you do this? Do I mean nothing to you?!" 

Jaehyo stayed quiet.

"Tell him, Jaehyo." Jiho spoke up. "Tell him the truth."

Taeil was confused, and scared as to what the 'truth' was going to be. Did Jaehyo find something in Jiho that he couldn't find in the small boy? Was Jaehyo going to tell him some sick truth about how Taeil was just some joke to him? Is that what the truth was going to be?

"Taeil... remember when I first asked you out? A few months before graduation?" Jaehyo started, and Taeil listened. "Well, Jiho thought it would be funny if me, the popular guy, asked the not so popular guy to be my boyfriend," He paused, looking anywhere but at the small boy. "He bet that I wouldn't be able to stay with you until graduation day. He said that if I did, he'd pay me twenty dollars." He shrugged.

Taeil began to feel sick. All of this was just so sudden. But, honestly, how could he not have seen it coming? "So, what? That's all I'm worth? Twenty dollars and a stupid bet?! So, you never did like me.." Taeil's anger was slowly being replaced with the pain of being betrayed and lied to. But, it wasn't enough to make him cry. Not yet, at least. "Why stay with me after all these years, then? Why lead me on? Why didn't you just tell the truth?!" Taeil began pacing, but stopped in front of Jiho. "Have you two been ing behind my back?" 

"No." Jiho hissed. "This was a one time thing." He looked away from the small boy. "I was curious..." He practically whispered, feeling embarassed all of a sudden.

"If you were so curious, why couldn't you just go Kyung?" Taeil wasn't understanding, but what was the use anyway? "You both are obviously twisted, and I should have picked up on your a long time ago." He faced Jaehyo. "How the could you let our relationship go on for years and not feel anything towards me?! How could your conscience just accept that?! Are you really that sick? Is the man I loved really a cruel piece of ?" The small boy felt his tears beginning to fall, but he refused to break down there, in front of them. He refused to let them see how bad this affected him. 

"Taeil wait..." Jaehyo called out to the boy as he walked towards the door.

"I've wasted a lot of time on you. I'm not wasting anymore!" The small boy barked and left Jaehyo's home. As he was practicaly running home, he continued to fight the tears, refusing to let himself be this weak. He approached his apartment door, now sobbing like a fool, and out of breath. His chest was burning, but it wasn't like being next to your crush, or a lover. It was the exact opposite.  He didn't want to be alone- not yet. He needed to be comforted- someone to talk to. And he only knew one person that could do that. 

"T-taeil?" Jihoon looked down at the crying mess, known as Taeil. "What's wrong?"

The trembling boy had a hard time finding his words, which only caused him to cry more. "I..I.. he.. he" 

Jihoon was just at a loss of words as Taeil, so, he embraced the smaller in a long hug. "Calm down first, okay? Then you can tell me, if you want." He led the small boy into his apartment and sat him down at the kitchen table. As he was pouring the poor boy a glass of water, he asked, "It's about your boyfriend, isn't it?" He handed the boy his glass and sat across from him.

Taeil nodded and took a sip of water before starting. "You were right. It was never going to get better." The small boy finally stopped crying, slowly accepting everything that happened. "He never cared. It was all a huge joke to him. I was a huge joke to him." The boy sighed, tightening his grip around the glass. "And, he even went as far as cheating on me. Which I kind of walked in on, by the way."

"Ah," Jihoon nodded. "It's the universe, I tell you. The signs were all there, but every time you chose to ignore them, the signs got more and more obvious."

Taeil frowned. "What's with you and the universe? Why do you think this is the work of the universe? It was clearly just me being stupid."

"Yes, but the universe helped you realize- helped you see everything you were blind to." Jihoon explained. "He didn't deserve you, and you needed to see for yourself."

"You're crazy." Taeil laughed. "But, that's what I like about you, Jihoonie."

Jihoon became red at the sight of the small boy laughing, and at the sound of his newfound nickname. He laughed nervously, and looked away from the small boy. "D-don't say things like that."

"Oh! You're blushing, Jihoonie~!" Taeil teased. "You're so cute!" He laughed even harder.

"Stop teasing me!" Jihoon whined.

"I can't help it! You're easy to tease!" And for the time being, the small boy forgot the pain he had been feeling minutes before. Jihoon was truly a good friend. But, his intentions were to become more than a friend. Taeil was irresistable, and Jihoon wanted him. All of him.