Chapter 6

Thank you, Universe

It had only been a day since Taeil had sort of flipped out on Jaehyo. It served him right, being so careless towards Taeil sometimes. But why did the small boy regret everything he said? He genuinely cared for Jaehyo, but there were many aspects missing from their relationship. Jaehyo never really expressed how he felt about Taeil, nor did he make an effort to make him feel special. Even so, Taeil put up with it. He deserved so much more, but the poor boy didn't know it. He shifted under his covers, not wanting to get out of the bed. There was no point. The small boy didn't feel like seeing anyone, and he didn't feel like doing anything. He just wanted to sulk. He wanted to lie there and blame himself for Jaehyo's behavior. For not being a good boyfriend, though Taeil was doing all he could. The poor boy was tired. Stressed. He was putting all he had to offer into that relationship, and Jaehyo just didn't seem to care. He groaned when he heard a faint knocking from the living room. He figured that if he stayed put, whoever was knocking would eventually go away, but he was mistaken. Who the is this? Why are they being so persistent? Taeil pulled the blankets back and stomped out of his room, fiercely opening the front door. "What?" He asked, clearly annoyed.

The tall boy looked down at the smaller, with a look of concern on his face. "Taeil, are you okay?" He asked, deciding not to use his nickname.

"I'm fine." Taeil hissed. "Now, what do you want?"

"Are you sure, you seem-"

"I am fine, okay?! I'm perfectly okay, now please, please, leave me alone." Taeil, by this time, was on the verge of tears. Stupid Jihoon, why do you care so much? This doesn't concerned you. The small boy quickly looked down, feeling the first tear fall. 

"Taeil..." Jihoon reached for Taeil's shoulder, but the small boy jerked away. "Tell me what's wrong."

"This isn't your business, Jihoon." Taeil spat, still looking down, and tried shutting the door but couldn't with Jihoon's foot in the way.

"I know it's not, but I can't just ignore the fact that you're crying."

"Crying?! Who's crying? Not me!" Taeil roughly wiped his eyes and looked up at the tall boy. "See? No tears?" And as he said that, Jihoon looked at him with such a painful expession that caused tears to build again. "Don't look at me like that."

"Then tell me what's wrong, Taeil." He said firmly, inviting himself into Taeil's apartment. "I don't want to see you cry."

"But, I'm not crying!" Taeil argued, pulling Jihoon by the arm and pushing him towards the door. "Go home."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." 

Taeil sighed, realizing how hopeless putting up a fight would be. So, he shut the door behind Jihoon, and sat on the couch. "I got in an argument yesterday," He started once Jihoon sat next to him. "With my boyfriend." 

"Oh.." Jihoon looked down at his hands. "So, you do have a boyfriend." He sounded disappointed.

Taeil felt bad. He never actually told Jihoon that he had a boyfriend, when that was probably the first thing he should have told him. "Yeah.."

"So, Minhyuk was right." The tall boy laughed nervously. "This whole time I thought you were single. Funny right?"

Taeil could tell something was up with Jihoon, but against his better judgment, he chose not to address it. "I probably should have told you, but I didn't feel like it was important."

"Of course it's important, he's your boyfriend after all." Jihoon nodded.

"He doesn't act like it. He's such a huge jerk and I don't know why I put up with it." Taeil admitted, but immediately regretted it afterwards. 

"What do you mean?" 

Oh great, now I have to explain. Taeil took a deep breath. There was no way to avoid this now. "Well, he just doesn't act like I'm his boyfriend. We never go on dates or, hang out by ourselves. He's always inviting his stupid friends, that hate me."

"How are you so sure they hate you?"

"One of them punched me in my ing nose, Jihoon." Taeil scoffed. "And, my boyfriend didn't do anything about it."

"Maybe it's the work of the universe." Jihoon suggested.

"What do you mean, universe?"

"It's obvious that he doesn't deserve you, and maybe that's the universe's way of telling you." 

"Well, that's a bold way of telling me."

"It's probably because you don't seem to get it, and that you're being so oblivious that you needed a wake-up call." Jihoon shrugged, and wrapped his arms around the small boy. "You really do deserve better."

"But.." Taeil sighed.

Jihoon lifted the small boys chin, to get a better look at him. "It's obvious that you're getting nothing out of this relationship but a bunch of scars, so just leave him." 

Taeil felt uncomfortable being this close to Jihoon. At the same time, he felt relaxed. This was the main thing Taeil needed, but would never receive from Jaehyo. He would rarely even take Taeil in his arms and hold him. And here the small boy was, being held by another man that didn't see a boy with a boyfriend, but a boy with a problem. A problem that he wanted to solve. The small boy felt his heart racing, and his skin getting hot. He even started to tremble a little. He tried to look elsewhere, but ever time he tried, he found hiself staring in the eyes of a stupid Jihoon. "It-it'll get better. Don't worry about me." Taeil said, mostly trying to convince himself that it was going to get better. But, if it didn't get better by now, would it ever?

"So, that's it? You're just willing to wait for it to get better? What if it never does?" 

"Then, I'll just-"

"Just what?" Jihoon leaned closer to Taeil. "You'll just waste your time on a like him?"

Taeil cleared his throat, growing even more uncomfortable. "Can you please not get so close?"

"What are you gonna do about it?" Jihoon asked, leaning even closer to the small boy.

"Jihoon, please. I-i don't want this."

Jihoon let go of Taeil before he would have done something he'd regret. The last thing he wanted to do was kiss another man's boyfriend. "Well, I guess I should get going." He stood up quickly, and left Taeil's apartment.

---

"So, how'd it go?" Yukwon greeted Jihoon when he entered his apartment. 

"Minhyuk was right. He has a boyfriend." He sighed, and plopped down on his couch, next to Yukwon. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Yukwon apologized.

"And that's not even the bad part." Jihoon muttered and sprawled out on the couch, resting his feet on the cat-eyed boy. "His boyfriend treats him like . Do you hear me? Like !" It was evident that the tall boy was upset by this. Having liked the small boy since the day they met, and finding out that not only did he have a boyfriend, but a boyfriend that treated him badly, made the tall boy's blood boil. Taeil was a precious creature that needed to be loved and nurtured, not neglected. "What am I gonna do?"

"There's not much you can do." Yukwon said. "If he doesn't want to leave his boyfriend, then you shouldn't force him,"

"But, he's not getting what he needs out of the relationship."

"So? You can't force someone to do something they don't want to do. If Taeil wants to stay with his pathetic boyfriend, then so be it."

"No, that. I-"

"No, Jihoon. There will be no  that." Yukwon pinched Jihoon's thigh. "Just be there for him when he's having a hard time, but please... please don't try and break them up. Taeil might hate you for it."

Jihoon sighed heavily. He understood that if he tried to do something as selfish as breaking them up, there would be a strong chance that Taeil would hate him forever. But, the small boy needed to see that there were better people out there. Better than his bull boyfriend. It hurt too much to see Taeil cry, he wanted to do something about it, but what could he possibly do? Taeil was too stubborn, and it pissed Jihoon off. How could anyone possibly believe that a relationship could get better, when it was never good to begin with? Jihoon scoffed. "I hope he comes to his senses." 

"I think he will." Yukwon assured him.

Jihoon decided it was time for a subject change. "Now, we just have to figure out how to get you and Minhyuk together." He teased.

Yukwon suddenly became red, and quickly covered his cheeks with his hands. "What?! No! Let's focus on you! N-not me and him. We're just friends. Everyone knows that." He became a laughing mess.

"Yukwon, you can't just ignore your feelings forever."

"I'm not ignoring them forever. Just until they go away." Yukwon corrected.

"What if they never go away?" Jihoon challenged.

"They will."

"How do you know?"

"I don't."

"Then, what will you do?"

"Jihoon, stop." 

"I'm trying to help you out. If you want Minhyuk so bad, then get him. Tell him how you feel, Yukwon." Jihoon sat up. "Make him yours."

"I already tried confessing, remember?"

"Yeah, but instead of confessing your love for him, you confessed your love for food." Jihoon reminded him. "So, try again."

"I don't know. What we have now is fine with me." Yukwon lied. None of what they had was okay. Yukwon wanted to be in Minhyuk's arms. He wanted to feel Minhyuk's lips. But, none of that would ever happen. Not unless Minhyuk magically changed his mind. "Maybe in time, we'll become something different."

 

 

------

I dont care what anyone says that is my favorite U-Bomb picture in the whole world xD I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'm not sorry that I keep throwing updates at you guys like every other day, but I'm just really excited for this y'know. But, sooner or later I know that the updates will come slower and slower so enjoy all this while you can guys ^-^. OH! and I thought it was a little weird to have Taeilie tremble but that what happens to me when I get super nervous sO WHY NOT RIGHT??? Besides, I have nothing else to do but write because I haven't started school yet so I'm just on the internet all day anyway/

OKAY SO, lately i've been listening to BTS because I love their song 'Danger' and 'War of Hormone' so I had the bright idea of checking out 'Tomorrow' because I was looking for that super *cough* hot *cough* video of V grinding like his rent was due tomorrow xD and once i found it i did this gross sobbing because i wanted to have his children asdfghjkl BUT back to the point. I found the song, and listened to it and i love it and now i'm gonna listen to it for like two weeks straight because i wanted to be a nosy little and see V's iness for myself >_>

ALSO, I went to listen to 'Cypher Pt.3' and i'm sobbing even more because it's so good holy TT^TT