Chapter 11

Thank you, Universe

I started writing this chapter before I left to go back home, but since we didn't leave as soon as I thought we would, I figured I'd start working on the next chapter for you guys.

actually I'm in the car on the way back typing most of this story so by the time I get back I'll have a new chapter ready for you guys!

Seriously, I can't tell you guys enough how much it means to me that you guys are liking my story. I'm not very confident in my writing so these comments really, really mean a lot. I hope you guys continue to enjoy my story until the very end, and the future stories to come. I'm really thankful.

---

Days later, the small boy found himself curled under his covers just like the last meeting he had with Jaehyo. Taeil was a mess, and his mind was like static. He was thankful that Jihoon didn't catch on to Taeil's despair during their movie night, or else he'd be forced to tell him the truth. Which, the small boy did not want to do. He tried his best to ignore that tall idiot, for fear of breaking down in front of him. The poor boy knew Jaehyo wasn't right for him, and even so, he still yearned for more attention from him. More of what happened the few days before. "Maybe I should give him another chance.." Taeil said aloud. No, you idiot! He's no good, and you know it! Are you really going to give him another  chance? Are you really that stupid? His conscience cursed him, and he became frustrated. "What am I gonna do?" 

------

"Are you okay?" Jihoon asked the small boy. Seeing cler discomfort in his expression. The two were watching movies in the small boy's apartment, without the odd couple, Yukwon and Minhyuk.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Was all Taeil said.

Jihoon, of course, picked up that something was wrong but didn't bother with asking. If Taeil didn't wabt to tell him, then so be it. He wasn't going to try and force the boy. "Y'know you can talk to me if something's wrong, right?"

Taeil only smiled and schooted closer to Jihoon, resting his head on the tall one's shoulder. "But, there's some things I'd rather keep to myself."

"Ah, I understand." He nodded and put his arm over the small boy, so that he was now resting his head on Jihoon's chest.

Taeil knew he should have brought the situation with Jaehyo up, but he just didn't feel guilty enough to tell him. The poor boy sighed and tried focusing on whatever was left of the movie. If only he could get Jaehyo's face, mouth, and body out of his mind, he'd be able to focus. Not much time had passed before his phone started rining. "I'm gonna take this." He stood up and walked down the hall, and into his room, shutting the door behind him. "Hello?"

"Hey babe, what're you up to?"

"Watching movies with Jihoon." Taeil answered, going to sit on the edge of his bed.

"Oh, does he know yet?"

"No, Jihoon doesn't know. Why would I tell him?"

"I dunno. Maybe because you're so honest all the god damn time."

"I know, but I don't want him to be mad."

"He's going to be angier if you wait any longer to tell him, you know that right?"

"Please dont. I'm just not gonna tell him, okay?"

Okay, Taeil. It's your decision, not mine."

"Don't be mad at me okay? I just don't wanna tell him right now.."

"It's okay, babe. I understand. You can just call me later, or something."

"Okay."

And while the small boy talked, Jihoon stood on the other side of the door, accidentally hearing the whole conversation. He didn't know who Taeil was talking to, nor did he know what he was trying to keep from him, but he wasn't going to ask. Instead, he was going to wait. Wait and see if the small boy would come clean about whatever it is he was hiding. Jihoon wasn't worried though. He knew the small boy would eventually come clean. Or would he? Jihoon held so much faith in that boy, that in his eyes, he could do no wrong. He flinched when the door finally swung open. "O-oh!" He began to laugh nervously, and scratched the back of his neck. "You were taking a long time, so I wanted to come and check on you, but as soon as I was getting ready to knock, you opened the door."

"Oh.. sorry about that." Taeil smiled up at the tall one.

Jihoon knew that smile wasn't a genuine one. It was nothing like the ones he had gotten used to weeks before. It was no where near as bright. This saddened Jihoon, but he wouldn't dare lose his composure in front of Taeil. "It's okay. Do you wanna watch another movie? Or, no?"

"We can watch another movie, if you want."

"On second thought, I should go. It's getting late, and I still have to clean the kitchen. Minhyuk came over last night, and made a huge mess." Jihoon lied and found himself rushing out of the small boy's apartment. What is he hiding from me? Why does he feel like he can't tell me? I'm understanding, right? I deserve to know the truth. Jihoon's thoughts were eating him alive as he entered his quiet apartment. "Who was he on the phone with? Was it Jaehyo?" He asked aloud, as if someone was actually there with him. Then, he began to worry. What if he was on the phone with Jaehyo? Then, what was it they were talking about? What was Taeil hiding? Surely, they were just working things out and trying to build a friendship, right? Maybe, he just didn't want Jihoon to know, so he would continue thinking Taeil hated Jaehyo, right? The tall boy released a long aggrevated sigh, while rubbing his temples. "Maybe, I should just ask him." He wondered. "No.. I don't want to seem nosy.. I'll just wait." He told himself.

-----

After a few weeks of waiting for the small boy to come clean, Jihoon eventually gave up, and forgot all about it. Though, he was still worried. He didn't get to see Taeil as often, because he was never really home. He was almost always off doing something. And, when he did see the small boy, there wasn't much they would talk about unless Yukwon and Minhyuk were around. It was all driving poor Jihoon mad, but he didn't have the heart to force the truth out of the boy. But, one day, as he was going outside to check on his plants, that were growing quite nicely, his phone started ringing. He didn't recognize the number, but answered it anyway. "Hello?"

"Is this Jihoon?"

"Yeah..." His voice trailed off. "Who is this?"

"It's Jiho. I dunno if you know of me or not.."

"Yeah, you're the one that broke Taeil's nose, right? And, the one we met at the bakery that day."

"Yeah, that's me." 

"How'd you get my number?"

"That's not important, man. What's important is that Taeil's been lying to you for a while about some things."

"Okay..? What's he been lying about?"

"Why don't you go see for yourself. You know that new ice cream parlor that opened up not too long ago?"

"Yeah."

"Go there, and you'll see. I only called to tell you because it's me who should be there, and not you're stupid little boyfriend."

And with that, Jiho hung up, leaving Jihoon a confused mess. He was a bit skeptical that what Jiho was telling him was the truth. Why would he even care about what Taeil was doing? Unless... "No. Oh, no, no, no." Jihoon began pacing back and forth in his living room. He realized the reason that Jiho called was probably because, Taeil was with Jaehyo and Jiho didn't like it. That had to be the reason. It was the only one that made sense. Before he knew it, he was out the door. It was a bit chilly outside, but Jihoon refused to go back and get a jacket. If he got sick, oh well. So, the tall boy practically jogged to the ice cream parlor. His throat burned from in so much of the cold air as he ran. Now, staring through the window of the parlor, he almost couldn't believe his eyes. The boy he liked so much, was indeed sitting there with a guy that didn't deserve him. Jihoon's eyes were wide, not realizing that this was what Taeil was keeping from him. This is what he was trying so hard to hide. His breath shortened as he watched the small boy smile that genuine smile Jihoon hadn't seen in weeks. It wasn't fair. None of this was. It wasn't fair that Jihoon had worked so hard for Taeil, who'd just end up running back to a no-good ex boyfriend. But, Jihoon wasn't just gonna walk away, no. He wasn't about to give up that easily. He pushed the parlor door open, and headed straight for the table that Taeil and Jaehyo were occupying. "You must be aware of how stupid I'm feeling right now." He glared at Taeil, who stared back with wide eyes. 

"Jihoon, why are you here?" Taeil asked.

"I wouldn't have known about any of this, if Jiho didn't call me and tell me."

"What? Why would he call you?"

"Apparently, he's not the only one who wants Jaehyo." Jihoon scoffed. Just as he was getting ready to say something else, he stopped. "We need to take this outside, because I'm close to exploding. I'm pissed." 

Before stepping outside, Taeil told Jaehyo to stay in the parlor, so the two would be able to talk things out without an extra pair of ears. 

"Why couldn't you just tell me, Taeil? Why the did I have to find out like this?" Jihoon started pacing again. 

"I didn't want to tell you, Jihoon. I'm sorry."

"No, you're not. You know he doesn't care about you, yet you go crawling back to him? How long has this been going on?"

Taeil stayed quiet, not wanting to answer.

"How long, Taeil?!" The taller raised his voice.

Taeil flinched. "Almost a month." He mumbled.

"Almost a month?" Jihoon repeated. "A in' month? You really weren't planning on telling me, huh?"

"I was, but I didn't know when."

"You didn't know when?! Is that the best answer you've got? Do you not know that the longer you wait, the bigger the impact everything'll be? Taeil, you could have just told me." Jihoon ran his fingers through his hair. "How can you just go back to that jerk so quickly?"

"He's changed, Jihoon!" Taeil hissed.

"Oh, If I got paid for every time I heard that, I'd be rich by now." Jihoon rolled his eyes. "He doesn't give a about you. You know that!" while Jihoon continued to bash, and throw dirt on Jaehyo's name, the man himself stepped out of the parlor in the middle of Jihoon's fit.

"Excuse me, but, if you have something to say about me, you should say it to me and not him." Jaehyo joined the two.

" you." Jihoon scoffed.

"Aw, are you upset? Why? Because I took Taeilie away from you? According to him, he was never really yours to begin with, right Taeil?" Jaehyo smirked.

Jihoon turned his attention to the small boy who refused to answer the question. "Taeil?"

"I'm sorry, Jihoon." Taeil finally spoke, looking down at his feet.

At first, Jihoon stayed quiet. He was trying to calm himself down before he ended up saying something he didn't mean. That is, until he heard Jaehyo snickering like something was actually funny. Being overwhelmed with sudden anger, Jihoon lost his cool and punched Jaehyo in the face without hesitation.

"Jihoon, what's wrong with you?!" Taeil rushed to Jaehyo's side, and tried to help with wiping the blood from the corner of his mouth.

"Me? What's wrong with me?!" Jihoon couldn't believe any of this. "You date a guy that doesn't give a about you for years, you catch him cheating, you go right back to him, and then you ask me what's wrong with me?! What's wrong with you? I really like you, Taeil. Hell, I'll even go as far as saying I love you... but I can see there's no place for me." He sighed. "I guess if I wanted to keep you, I would have to take notes from him, huh? Since you seem to like being treated badly."

"Jihoon..."

"I just wished that if you didn't want this... that if you didn't want me, that you would have said so sooner. Then I wouldn't have wasted my time on you." Jihoon shrugged. "It feels like I've been in this position way too many times, and I was so sure I wasn't gonna be in it this time, but I guess I just held too much faith in you." And with that, the defeated Jihoon gave up, and his heels, leaving the two as they were. Not bothering to put up a fight any longer. It was clear that he wasn't gonna get through to Taeil. So, why even bother?

---

OUCH D: THAT HURT DIDN'T IT???

Guess who's back?!?!? :D

I'm trying to wrap this story up so, I don't lose my motivation and abandon it because I really want you guys to get to read the ending. ITS GONNA BE A GOOD ENDING I SWEAR. Ususally, I'm a fan of bad endings(not all the time) but I feel like this story deserves a happy ending, with all the pain i'm putting my poor p.o through, am I right? So, there's only a few more chapters left, I'm assuming *shrugs*

I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS BECAUSE I KNOW I AM.

I'm actually super tired from being on the road all day, but I just wanted to post this before I head to bed. Good Night/Morning my lovely readers!

Be sure to leave comments, because I'd love to know what you think of this story! <3