Chapter 12

Thank you, Universe

(¬‿¬) TELL ME YOU GUYS SAW THAT PICTURE OF TAEIL'S CHEST JESUS HAND ME MY INHALER

I'm so excited for this story you guys, so I may or may not be throwing the last few updates at you in like one day.

So, I see that you guys aren't happy with Taeil's decision xD Well, I'm not either!

Let's see if he can be persuaded to change his mind. *DUNDUNDUNNNNN*

I had to listen to the saddest songs I know to type the first part of this *sob* which was like Beast's 'On Rainy Days' and 'Say No' lololololol i'm hurt by own decision to hurt my bby P.O like this

WARNING: YOU'RE HEART WILL HURT. PLEASE READ WITH A BOX OF TISSUES NEARBY xD

----

Not many days went by, but for the poor Jihoon, it felt like weeks. He felt so stupid for letting himself get attached so quickly. But, he just couldn't help it. Taeil meant so much to him. The small boy was suffering from a loveless relationship, and for a moment, Jihoon thought he'd be able to help Taeil out. But, he went running right back as soon as that jerk showed some compassion. Jihoon knew the game he was playing all too well. Jaehyo was clearly not only possessive, but wanted absolute control over Taeil. Even if that meant faking his feelings to get the small boy wrapped around his finger again. To Jihoon, that was disgusting. To play with someone's feelings, just to have control over them was sick, and Jihoon couldn't understand why some people were okay with that. Thinking that someday it would get better. Didn't they know? It was never going to get better. Only worse. Jihoon stood in his bathroom, in front of the mirror hanging over the sink. He stared blankly at his reflection. "You'll never be good enough." He told himself. It hurt more to hear it out loud, than it did to hear in his head. No matter how hard he tried, it always ended up like this. Him falling for someone, only to be left alone in the end. "You'll never be good enough." He said again, and again until he couldn't take it anymore. His own reflection made him sick. So sick that he punched the mirror without thinking, sending shards of glass everywhere. He paid no mind to his bleeding fist, and sat on the floor, with his back against the bathtub. "You'll never be... good enough." He whispered through his tears. He always told himself he'd do better after every time he was left alone. That he'd be a better boyfriend to the next person. But, every single time, the ending results were the same. But, he was so sure that things with Taeil were going to be different. That they'd be together for a long time, even if they hadn't yet agreed to actually start dating. He felt like they were meant to be together. Yeah, sure he felt like that plenty of times with other people, but this time was different. He had stronger feelings for Taeil than anyone he had ever dated before. He saw something in the small boy that he'd never saw before. Jihoon sat, staring at his hand, dripping blood on the white tiled floor, his mind a mess of static. There was no coming back from this, was there?

The poor Jihoon sat there for hours until he heard loud knocking on his apartment door. He only knew one person that knocked obnoxiously loud like that, and it was Minhyuk. He wasn't going to answer the door, though. He didn't want to see anyone. He just wanted to be alone. But, he forgot that he made spare keys for Yukwon and Minhyuk not long after he moved in. 

"Jihoon, guess what?!" A cheerful Yukwon could be heard down the hall. "Jihoon?"

"Hm, maybe he's over at Taeil's." Minhyuk shrugged.

Yukwon, at first agreed, until he noticed the bathroom providing light for the dark hallway. Being curious, he walked to the bathroom, shocked to see not only the broken mirror, but also the broken mess known as Jihoon. "Oh my god, Jihoon! What happened?!"

Jihoon refused to meet Yukwon's eyes, and he refused to speak. He just wanted to be alone.

"Minhyuk! Get in here!" Yukwon called for his boyfriend.

"Whoa! What's going on?" Minhyuk was shocked to see the well-composed Jihoon broken down like that. Though, he'd seen him in this state many times, he hadn't seen it in a while.

"Jihoon, answer me. What's wrong?" Yukwon looked down to see a bloody mess, and almost passed out. When he reached for the tall one's hand, Jihoon jerked away, and scooted away from them.

"Jihoon, please." Minhyuk pleaded. "Tell us what's wrong."

"Taeil's just like the rest of them, Minhyuk." Jihoon's voice wavered, as the tears started building up. "He didn't really like me, did he? He just wanted someone to get his mind off of Jaehyo."

"But, didn't you want the same thing?" Minhyuk knelt down beside the broken mess, trying to remind him of the events that took place right before he moved in. "Weren't you trying to get over someone too? Isn't that why you moved?"

Jihoon stayed quiet as he tried to find his voice. "I-I... but I never ran back to him like Taeil did! I know better than that!"

"But, does he know better than that?" Yukwon asked, also kneeling down. 

"I don't care. I don't want anything to do with him anymore." Jihoon spat.

Minhyuk furrowed his brow, before leaning over and whispering to Yukwon. He then stood up. "Get his hand cleaned up, I'll be right back."

Yukwon nodded, and Minhyuk left the bathroom, leaving the kitty and the poor Jihoon alone.

Minhyuk was going to set things straight. He was going to have a talk with Taeil whether he wanted to or not. He didn't like seeing Jihoon like that, he never did. It wasn't fair that a nice guy like him had to go through countless heartbreaks just to find someone that was only going to break his heart again. He found himself in front of Taeil's door, knocking that obnoxious knock of his. 

"Who is it?" He heard from the other side of the door.

"It's Minhyuk." He replied.

When the door opened, he glared at the small boy unintentionally. "We need to talk, right now."

Taeil hesitated at first, but eventually moved out the way for Minhyuk to come in. The two sat on the couch in silence for a long time, until Minhyuk began to speak.

"Look, I know you didn't mean for things to end up like this. But, Jihoon's a wreck without you. I've known him for a long, long time, and I've seen him like this plenty of times... But, this is somehow worse. You mean a lot to him, Taeil, and the fact that you chose someone else, instead of him, really tore him down." Minhyuk sighed. "Everyone I've seen him with, seemed to always prefer someone other than him. He always tried his hardest to keep someone, but every time they left, he felt like he wasn't trying his hardest, y'know? And after every breakup, he started losing more and more of himself. Now, he's lost more of himself than ever... and it's all your fault."

Taeil clenched his jaw. He knew what he did was wrong, but did Minhyuk really have to make him feel so bad about it. "I didn't mean it."

"Of course you didn't. But, the fact of the matter is that you did. You broke him, Taeil, and you don't even seem like you care." 

"I do care!" Taeil hissed. 

"Doesn't seem like it."

"But-"

"Let me tell you more about Jihoon, just so you can really understand why I'm sitting here right now." Minhyuk interrupted. "Before Jihoon moved next door, he kinda had a thing for this guy, I won't say his name, but he seemed to really like Jihoon. He was a really cool guy. He and Jihoon had so much in common, I couldn't believe it. They were kind of hesitant at first, like me and Yukwon, but he made the first move. He told Jihoon how much he liked him, and how he only wanted to be with him. Things were going great, and Jihoon was the happiest I had ever seen, except of course when he was with you. Jihoon even moved in with the guy. But, then things kind of went downhill after that. I guess, Jihoon got too clingy, and was too protective over the guy, because he was at my doorstep with bags and all. He never told me the whole story, honestly. He couldn't understand why being a good boyfriend always meant he'd end up alone, y'know? He means well, but no one ever sees it. No one ever notices how much this takes out of him. He could just as easily be like Jaehyo, but his heart's too big for that."

Taeil listened to what Minhyuk was telling him. He had no idea that Jihoon had been hurt so much in the past. He always seemed so happy, like nothing was ever wrong. Like he was living the perfect life or something. Taeil would've never guessed that so many people threw him away like his was trash.

"All I ask is that you sit and think, I mean, really think about if Jaehyo's really the one you want to be with." Minhyuk stood up and clasped his hands together. "I'm counting on you to realize that he's not the one for you. Jihoon really needs you. I've been rooting for you guys when that idiot first told me he liked you. You really should hear the cheesy things he says about you, and how he smiles like a fool whenever he you're on his mind. He really is a better person when you're around." He shrugged. "But alas, I can't force you to pick Jihoon." And after that, Minhyuk took his leave and returned next door to aid his close friend.

Taeil buried his face in his hands, and sighed heavily. He already knew that Jaehyo wasn't the one for him, but he didn't know what to do once he begged for him to come back. He waited so long for Jaehyo to show that he cared, and when he finally did, Taeil went back to him, like he never did the small boy wrong. He wouldn't just let go of what they had like that. Not if there was a chance it could get better. But, that was the thing. It was never going to get better, but Taeil wasn't able to see that. He was too busy worshiping Jaehyo like a god. The one he should choose was clear to everyone, but him. He knew he shouldn't give Jaehyo a second chance, and he knew that Jaehyo was probably just using him again, but he just couldn't let go. He lifted his head, and began thinking about all Jihoon had done for him. He was never mean, and he always made sure that Taeil was okay. He never forced him to do anything he didn't want to do, and he went out of his way to make sure Taeil had a smile on his face. And since he was so happy around Taeil, Minhyuk and Yukwon accepted him without question. They all liked Taeil, unlike Jaehyo and his friends. They cared about him, and didn't make of him. They were kind people. Jihoon was a kind person. The small boy thought back to the day Jihoon came to the ice cream parlor. He could have easily just gave up, and walked away, but he stayed at put up a fight. He even went as far as hitting Jaehyo. Jihoon told the boy all of his truths, and how he felt about him. Jaehyo never did that. Jihoon made his feelings clear. Again, Jaehyo never did that. There was plenty of things Jihoon did, that Jaehyo didn't. So, why was Taeil even thinking about it? Why was he so torn between the two, when the choice was clear? 

----

When Minhyuk returned, Jihoon had been sitting in the kitchen with Yukwon. His hand was wrapped in gauze and he looked so pale. "How is he?' He asked Yukwon.

"He still won't talk." Yukwon answered, leaning against the counter. 

"Jihoon, I went to talk to Taeil..." Minhyuk sat across from Jihoon, who was staring blankly at his hands. "I tried to tell hi-"

"I don't care." Jihoon said harshly. "I don't care about him."

"Jihoon, don't be like that.." Yukwon tried to reason with him.

"Why not? He's just like everyone else, Yukwon. He'll stick around until someone better comes along."

"We all know Jaehyo isn't better than you." Minhyuk stated. "Taeil's the one that needs to realize that. I'm sure he will."

"I still don't care." Jihoon stood up. "I don't want to talk to him, I don't want to see him, I don't want anything to do with him, okay?" He left the kitchen and went to his room, slamming the door behind him.

Yukwon and Minhyuk looked at each other. "I hope Taeil comes to his senses." Yukwon sighed.

"I pray that he does. I know he's not stupid, but he sure does act like it." Minhyuk tapped his fingers along the table.

----

Okay so, we're getting close to the end you guys *sobbing* I think there's only one chapter left!

Are you guys ready for this?!?!?

ARE YOU?!?!?

i hurt my soul when i was typing this ok??

i huRT MY SOUL

o(╥﹏╥)oo(╥﹏╥)oo(╥﹏╥)oo(╥﹏╥)o