Chapter 5

Thank you, Universe

Taeil had enjoyed himself much more than he thought he would. Even with a bruised nose, he managed to it up and have a good time. There was no way in hell he'd have that much fun with Jaehyo, and his minions. Instead of going back to his apartment last night, he slept at Jihoon's along with Minhyuk and Yukwon. He didn't want the fun to end once he got back to his place, so he stayed with the group until they all passed out. When Taeil finally woke up, his nose was throbbing something fierce. "Ow.." Taeil struggled to sit up from the black leather couch he slept on. He looked down to see Yukwon curled close to Minhyuk's back, which was actually extremely cute. Even when asleep, their bodies knew how much they yearned for one another. I've got to get them together. I have to! Taeil didn't like at all how those two acted as if they weren't hopelessly in love with each other, when it was clear as day that they were. There had to be something he could do, there just had to be.

"You're up?" Jihoon said as he entered the living room. Unlike everyone else, he slept in his room.

"Yeah.." Taeil sighed. "My nose really hurts."

"I'm sorry." 

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I don't know what to do."

"It's okay, Jihoon. I'll survive." Taeil reassured him with a small smile, and returned his attention to the sleeping pair on the floor. "Isn't there anything we can do?"

Jihoon frowned, simply because it seemed as if Taeil was just going to ignore all that he said last night. "No, Taeil." He said firmly. "We might mess up what they're already comfortable with."

"How can anyone be comfortable with a relationship like that? Isn't it painful?" 

"To each his own, I guess." Jihoon shrugged. "But, promise me you won't intervene." 

Taeil stayed quiet, knowing that if he promised it was going to be broken. Promises are meant to be broken, right? "Okay, I promise." Taeil finally agreed.

Just as Jihoon was ready to reply, Minhyuk yawned awake and looked up at the two that were already up. "Good morning~"

"Afternoon, actually." Jihoon corrected.

"What?" Taeil grabbed his phone from his pocket and saw that it was almost 3 o'clock in the afternoon. He aslo saw that he had a few missed calls from Jaehyo. "Oh no, I have to go." He stood up quickly, almost trampling the sleeping Yukwon. He bowed his head and took his leave from the tall one's apartment.

----

"Taeil, why weren't you returning my calls?" Jaehyo asked as soon as he picked up.

Taeil, now in his own apartment, plopped down on his god awful beige couch. "I just woke up, okay?"

"It's fine, babe. But, how's your nose?" 

"Oh, so now you care all of a sudden? I would have expected this question yesterday."

"I know-"

"I also would have expected you to try harder in getting me to stay, rather than just letting me leave. Bloody nose and all."

"Babe, I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you." 

"How? By taking me on a so-called date that isn't even a date because you invited your little goons?"

"Why do you hate them so much?" 

"Are you telling me, that you don't see how bad they treat me? Not to mention, Jiho in' punched me. Did you not see that?"

"Okay, okay. I get it. We can go hang out somewhere, just us. No one else."

"Really?"

"Yeah, anywhere. Your choice." 

"I've really wanted to see what that bakery by your house was all about. The sweets looked really amazing."

"Great. Meet me there in a few. I love you~"

Taeil hesitated, but eventually told his boyfriend that he loved him as well, and hung up. He almost never hesitated, but lately he felt more and more that Jaehyo was slipping away from him. Or was that the case? Was Jaehyo really the one slipping away? Or had it just been Taeil losing interest? Of course that wasn't the case, right? Taeil couldn't do better than Jaehyo, even if he wasn't treated the way he had imagined he'd be treated when they first got together. Come to think of it, how was it when they first got together? How didn't the unlikely pair even get together? He used to acknowledge me, and everything. Taeil groaned, not knowing where things went wrong. He shook the negative thoughts from his head and went to find something he could wear. He wanted to look casual, but not so casual where it looked like he was borderline homeless. After what felt like hours, he finally decided to wear black jeans, black combat boots, and a red hoodie. Hopefully this date would be a good one.

Upon entering the bakery, Taeil was greeted by not only the different smells of the sweet treats, but by his boyfriend who was sitting close to the back. "Hey, sorry I'm a little late." He apologized, taking a seat across from his boyfriend.

"Nah, it's nothing." Jaehyo assured the small boy, pushing the small box of sweets to his boyfriend. "I picked us out a few muffins, cakes, and stuff."

Taeil shifted in his chair, realizing that if his goons weren't present, then there was nothing to talk about, because the two would usually talk enough for the couple so they didn't have to say much. But, not that it was just the two of them- what was to be done? Wow, this is so akward. The small boy looked down at his hands, rushing to find something to talk about.

"Your nose looks terrible." Jaehyo blurted out.

"Yeah, I know." Taeil huffed. 

"The bandaid is cute though." Jaehyo nodded. "Pink is cute." He said, awkwardly.

"My neighbour gave it too me, when he saw me all bloody and whatnot." Taeil nodded. "He just moved in not too long ago, and he's really nice."

Jaehyo, obviously uncomfortable with hearing his boyfriend talk about another man, cleared his throat. "He sounds like a charm." He said. jealousy noticable in his voice. 

"No more of a charm than you are~" Taeil giggled. "Stop being so jealous, even though it's cute. Besides, Jihoon is a huge dork. I'd never pick him over you." 

"No one's more of a charm than me." Jaehyo wasn't worried bout Taeil leaving him, because it just wasn't likely to happen. They'd been together for years, so he knew Taeil wasn't just going to leave him for some stranger. Or, so he thought. Not like he really cared, anyway. Their relationship had been a joke since the beginning, but poor little Taeil didn't know about that story. Only Jaehyo and his minions did. It was months before graduation, and Jiho had the bright idea to make a bet with Jaehyo. He bet him to ask the awkward boy out, and date him up until graduation day. There was a twenty dollar reward if he managed to do it. And for twenty dollars, he did. According to him, the small boy wasn't even worth that. Though he was enough of a jerk to date Taeil for money, he wasn't jerk enough to break up with him, because he thought the small boy would eventually get bored and leave on his own. Which lead to their relationship lasting longer than Jaehyo had hoped. He could have just easily ended it years ago, so neither of them would be where they were now. But, it wasn't like he felt absolutely nothing for the boy. Maybe it wasn't love that he felt, but he did feel possessive over his Taeil, because he did belong to him, right? He also didn't like how Taeil seemed so comfortable talking about whatever his name was. 

"Wow, this is so good!" Taeil cheered with a mouth full of cake. "Why haven't we come here sooner?" 

Jaehyo shrugged. "Sometimes I forget it's here, so I forget to ask you." 

Taeil frowned. "You're not really talkative when your min- Jiho and Kyung aren't around." Taeil pointed out. "Is it me?"

"What?" Jaehyo asked, taken aback by the sudden question. 

"You're a completely different person with them than you are with me." Taeil pouted. "You're so quiet around me and it ."

"I don't really know what to say when I'm around you." Jaehyo admitted. "You're different from them. It's like you get offended to easily."

Taeil, now offended, pushed whatever was left of his cake to the side, losing his appetite. "I don't get offended easily, it's just that Jiho doesn't have a filter, Kyung just follows behing Jiho and you're the enabler! I get offended because you just let them say what they want to me, and you don't tell them to stop until at least five minute have passed. You let them have their fun, no matter how it effects me." Taeil scoffed.

"Whoa, whoa calm down. I didn't mean to strike a nerve." Jaehyo tried his best to calm the angy boy.

"Too late." Taeil hissed and stood from his chair. "We never have a decent time together, but that doesn't change my feelings towards you, Jaehyo. I still love you all the same, but I don't want to see you for a while. I'm not breaking up with you, but I just... I'm tired of fussing with the three of you." And with that, Taeil left. Leaving Jaehyo alone.

---------

GOD THAT PICTURE IS SO CUTE RIGHT???? MAKES ME WANT TO MAKE THIS WHOLE STORY STRICTLY JAEIL AND NO TAEPYO xD

so, as with the previous chapters I had no idea what to have happen. I didn't want Jaehyo to y'know be a completely innocent character that drove Taeil away with obliviousness. I want him to drive Taeil away because he deserved it I guess. Idk. I really hope you guys are enjoying this story. I'd love it if you guys left comments/subscribed/upvote and all that jazz just to let me know you guys like it. You guys are my motivation to write this story and I mean it! 

---

OH DID YOU GUYS BY ANY CHANCE HEAR THAT EXO 'CALL ME DADDY' DEMO????????? Like wow, it was really, really, really ual. It sounded kind ofy too, not to mention kind of gay. I'M ONLY SAYING THAT BECAUSE IN NO WAY DID THEY SPECIFICALLY SAY OR INDICATE THAT THEY WERE SINGING ABOUT A WOMAN. They only said things like, "I'm gon be the man, you gon be the girl" anD THEN TO FURTHER PROVE MY OPINION THERE'S A PART WHERE THEY SAY "baby boy tonight the roles reverse" so yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ANYWAY i still think it was a pretty catchy song. I know they're probably gonna change a lot of it when they translate it, and I wonder if they're gonna keep the title? I mean, what's the point of leaving the rather suggestive title if the song won't be as suggestive anymore? idk i'm just rambling