Chapter 13

Thank you, Universe

Well, we've reached the end you guys! I hope you guys enjoyed this bumpy ride, because I know I did. I can't believe I actually finished this story! I'm so proud of myself. I mean, of course I wouldn't have done it without your comments as my motivation. I really do hope you guys come to enjoy my future fanfics like you've enjoyed this one.

Thanks guys :D

PS: this might be a short chapter. I wrote it out in my notebook last night so yeah.

(not gonna bother with proofreading *sigh*

---

After his meeting with Minhyuk, Taeil thought for a long time about who he should pick. He was starting to realize that Jaehyo didn't deserve a another chance. Even if he said things would be different this time around. If they weren't right from the beginning, then they would never be. This was something Taeil had to do. There was no avoiding it anymore. He picked up his phone, and slowly dialed Jaehyo's number.

"Hey, babe."

"Jaehyo, we gotta talk."

"O...kay. You can stop by my place if you want."

Taeil thought for a moment. The last time he went to talk to Jaehyo alone, the jerk kissed him and screwed everything up. "Uh, actually can we go somewhere like the park or something?"

"Yeah, sure I guess."

"Okay, see you there." Taeil hung up, and released a heavy sigh. There was no telling how this was going to go. The small boy hoped for the best, and left his apartment. Once outside, he saw Jihoon sitting with his back facing the small boy. Yukown and Minhyuk were with him. When they waved at him, Jihoon looked over his shoulder. It didn't take long for him to mutter something under his breath, get up, and go back into his apartment.

Minhyuk shook his head, as if he were ashamed of the small boy, and Yukwon only gave a small smile. Taeil his heels and as he was walking away, Minhyuk said, "I hope you made the right choice."

Taeil said nothing, he only continued walking until he made it to the park. It was empty, except for Jaehyo who'd been sitting at the bottom of a blue slide. "Hey." Taeil waved, approaching him slowly.

"What did you wanna talk about?"

"Right," Taeil sighed. He really didn't want to do this, but alas, he had to. "We can't do this anymore."

"What?" Jaehyo asked.

"Jaehyo, I don't want to be with you anymore."

"Why not?"

"You're not right for me. I don't even know why I gave you a second chance when you obviously didn't deserve it. You treated me badly and I began to think that's how I was supposed to be treated. But, then Jihoon came along and helped me realize that no one should ever be treated like that."

"But, I said I was going to fix it. I'm going to make it up to you." Jaehyo was now standing in front of the small boy.

"Now, you're not." Taeil stated flatly. "You're never going to change and I've come to realize that. You don't want to love me, you only want to control me."

"That's not true."

"Yeah, it is. You don't need to lie any longer." Taeil shrugged." It took me so long to come to my senses, but I'm glad I finally did." He released a sigh of relief and turned away from Jaehyo.

"So, that's it? You're just gonna leave me like that?"

"You can't pull the guilt card on me this time." The small boy didn't bother with turning around.

"Fine! I hope you know you're a joke! I never cared about you! I just wanted to test how stupid you really are! You actually believed I loved you. Hah! No one could ever love you! You're worthless. You always have been, and you always will be." He shouted at Taeil.

The small boy clenched his fists, and tried to the best of his ability, not to cry. Not this time. He refused to shed another tear for this man. Even though, all of what Jaehyo was saying did indeed hurt, it made it all the more easier for him to let go. Taeil drew in a deep breath, and walked off. But, before he did, he looked over his shoulder and said, "Take care."

And Jaehyo stood there, watching the small boy with sudden confidence, walk away.

---

"Taeil!" Yukwon cheered when he opened the door.

Taeil was expecting Jihoon to come to the door, but then again, why would he? "Hey."

"Jihoon stepped out for a bit, but he'll be back. Come on in."

Taeil nodded and entered the apartment, seeing Minhyuk, and to his surprise, Jiho. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Taeilie~" Jiho sat on the couch with one leg crossed over the other. "Your little boyfriend invited me over for whatever reason. He said he wanted to thank me for ratting you out, so we're all here to celebrate."

"That's not why we're here." Minhyuk corrected.

"Well, that's why I'm here." Jiho shrugged.

Taeil sighed and turned his attention to Minhyuk. "I ended things with Jaehyo." He admitted.

Minhyuk gave a small smile. "Good."

"Now we can help you get back together with Jihoon!" Yukwon nodded.

"Nah, I have to do this on my own, but thanks."

"Hey, Taeilie~"Jiho stood up and approached the small boy. "Good luck." He smiled slightly, patting Taeil on the shoulder.

It was weird having Jiho be nice for a change, but at the same time, it was comforting. "Thanks." Taeil nodded.

When Jihoon finally returned, he was surprised to see Taeil standing there with everyone else, like it was some kind of intervention, but it didn't show on his face.

"Jihoon.." Taeil looked up at the tall boy.

Jihoon didn't bother with replying. He only handed the bag of drinks he had to Minhyuk, and pushed passed everyone, disappearing into his room.

"Taeil.." Yukwon gave the small boy a sympathetic look.

"It's fine." Taeil reassured. He reluctantly made his way down the hall, and knocked on Jihoon's door. "Hey, can we talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Yes, there is. Please, Jihoon." The small boy begged. "Please." After some time, Taeil heard the door unock.

"What do you want." Jihoon looked down on the boy with dark eyes.

This was a look Taeil had never seen before. It was nothing like how he used to look at him, which saddened Taeil. "I wanna talk to you."

Jihoon sighed and motioned for Taeil to come in his room. He shut the door behind him and leaned against it.

"Jihoon, I'm really sorry."

"Sure, you are." He rolled his eyes. "Is that all?"

"No." Taeil sat on Jihoon's bed. "Minhyuk told me how much you really like me, and how you always talk about me."

"So?" Jihoon scoffed.

"Jihoon, I really like you too. I'm so stupid for hurting you. Someone like you should never be hurt." Taeil stated. "You're too kind and for me to hurt you like that shows how stupid I really am. You're an amazing guy and all I want is another chance with you."

"Why should i give you another chance? You knew how much I liked you, and not only did you run back to Jaehyo, you did it behind my back!" He shouted at the small boy. "I'm tired of being the one that gets hurt! I do the best that I can to make sure everyone is okay, but what about me? Who's gonna make sure I'm okay?"

Taeil watched as Jihoon slid down the door, breaking down into a mess of tears right in front of him. It then dawned on him how tired Jihoon really was. He'd been hurt so many times, but still managed to stay strong. Still managed to pick himself up and carry on. "Jihoon, I know."

"No, you don't!" Jihoon cried. "You don't know anything.." His voice trailed off, and he hung his head low. 

The small boy was ambushed with guilt. It was his fault that Jihoon was crying in front of him like that. He had been through so much pain, and he was counting on Taeil. He was hoping and praying that Taeil wasn't like the rest that left him in the dark, and it turned out that he was. But, he was going to fix this, if it was the last thing he did. He stood and knelt down on his knees in front of Jihoon. He took his hand that was still wrapped in gauze. "Did this happen... because of me?"

Jihoon only nodded.

"I'm so sorry.."

Jihoon shrugged, like he didn't care.

Taeil lifted the boy's injured hand, and gently kissed it. "Someone I like a lot told me how his mom used to kiss his injuries, so I figured I'd do the same."

Jihoon couldn't help but turn red, which made Taeil smile. "H-hey! Don't get any ideas! I'm still mad at you!" He stuttered, jerking his hand away from the small boy.

"Alright." Taeil shrugged. "But, the fact that you're so red says otherwise."

"Don't push your luck." Jihoon warned, but Taeil ignored him, and wrapped his arms around the tall boy's neck.

"Jihoon, I'm sorry." The small boy sniffled. "Jaehyo's out of my life for good. I only want you." And out of nowhere, he turned into a sobbing mess. "You helped me so much, and in return, I only hurt you. I'm so, so, so, sorry."

"Taeil.." Jihoon returned the small boy's hug. "It's okay, I forgive you."

Taeil pulled away, to see Jihoon smiling at him, which caused him to smile as well. Then, without warning, Taeil gently pressed his lips against Jihoon's. 

---

When the two returned, hand-in-hand, the group cheered, glad to see the two had patched things up. "I knew you'd make the right choice." Minhyuk praised Taeil.

"God, I'm so happy right now! Let's bring out the drinks and celebrate!" Yukwon danced his way to the kitchen with everyone but Jiho following behind.

Taeil noticed and let go of Jihoon's hand. "Hey, Jiho."

"Hey.. I'm sorry." Jiho apologized randomly.

"For what?"

"I didn't know how much it hurt for you to find out Jaehyo didn't actually like you, until I found out he didn't like me either. I'm also sorry for breaking your nose. I was just angry that you knew the truth about me being gay before I did."

"It's okay." Taeil nodded. "At least you apology sounds genuine. Jaehyo's piece of apology sounded rehearsed." He joked and Jiho chuckled.

"Well, I guess I should get going."

"Why don't you stay and have a few drinks?"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive!" Taeil smiled and pulled the bleach blonde into the kitchen.

Drinks were passed around, as well as more embarassing stories. Minhyuk and Yukwon sat close to one another, exchanging words of endearment, while Taeil and Jihoon laughed at each other's jokes. Jiho sat by himself, simply enjoying the atmosphere. "So, would you say this was the work of the universe?" Taeil looked up to Jihoon.

"Of course it was!" Jihoon said proudly. "You should be thankful that the universe was on your side through all of this."

"Well," Taeil snickered. "Thanks you, universe."

"You should really take the universe seriously!"

"I do!" Taeil argued. "How else would I have gotten you back?"

----

THE END!!!

ALL HAIL THE TAEPYO

How did you guys feel about that? Did you guys like it? 

Gosh, I feel so god damn accomplished. I really do. I had so much fun writing this, and I still can't believe I finished this!

Thanks again for all your motivation. I hope you guys will continue to motivate me with my future fanfics. 

Also, feel free to add me and talk to me! I'm really lame, but still xD

Follow me on tumblr and feel free to talk to me on there as well!

http://psychopasstheblunt.tumblr.com