Chapter 4

Thank you, Universe

So far, what was left of the day was going well. Taeil, Jihoon, and Yukwon gathered in the kitchen exchanging embarassing stories and laughing mercilessly at one another. After some time had passed, Minhyuk had stopped by to joined the fun, and even shared a few stories of his own. It truly was good time.

"And then, I slipped on the ice and fractured my elbow. The pain of embarassment outweighed the pain of my elbow, to be honest." Minhyuk shrugged, leaning against the bamboo counter beside Yukwon. "Til this day I still shudder from the memory." He laughed a bit, and looked over at the cat-eyed fellow standing beside him. Which to his suprised, caused Yukwon to blush uncontrollably.

To Taeil, they seemed pretty close. Almost like a couple. He turned to look over Jihoon who'd been downing a cup of dark liquor, which made Taeil cringe. He wasn't much for the dark stuff.

"I know what you're thinking." Jihoon said, finally. "They're not a thing, but you can tell they wanna be." He whispered.

The hot air from Jihoon's mouth on Taeil's ear was enough to cause him to blush almost as hard as Yukwon, but luckily none of them realy noticed. Get your together, man. Taeil cursed himself. "Why won't they just, y'know? Get together?" He whispered back.

"I'm not sure. Maybe it has to do with Minhyuk."

"Minhyuk?' Taeil repeated, confused.

"Yeah, he's just not into dating much anymore. He doesn't wanna get hurt and he doesn't wanna hurt anyone. Especially not Yukwon." Jihoon informed. "But you can just see in his eyes, how he feels about Yukwon."

Taeil watched the two talk amongst themselves, and it was true. Taeil could see how Minhyuk felt about Yukwon, just by the way he looked at him. It was sad, that the two looked as if they were hopelessly in love, but didn't do anything about it. This saddened the small boy as he took a sip from his glass. Just like the dark stuff, he wasn't much for the light either. Liquor in general, just wasn't his thing.

"Hey, what are you guys whispering about?" Yukwon finally returned his attention to the two sitting at the table across from them.

"Yeah, what's with the secrets?" Minhyuk asked.

"Oh, you guys looked so interested in your own conversation that we didn't wanna interrupt by talking too loud, is all." Taeil shrugged and Jihoon nodded to confirm the lie.

"Oh.." Yukwon looked down at his hands, and eventually apologized. "We didn't mean to leave you guys outta things."

"Nah, it's fine. We understand, right Taeilie~" Jihoon nudged Taeil.

"Yep, so no worries." Taeil smiled. "In fact," He looked over at Jihoon with a small devilish grin. "I bought a gift for you, but I want only you to see it." He said to Jihoon. "You guys wouldn't mind if we left the room, would you?"

Jihoon automatically picked up on the plan, and acted as suprised as he could without it seeming fake. 

Yukwon looked over at Minhyuk, not really sure if he could handle being alone with him. His nerves were already out of whack with everyone present, so it was only logical that they would be even more out of whack with everyone gone. How was Yukwon to act? They were barely ever alone, because he saw to it that Jihoon was always around when Minhyuk was, but no. 

"Sure." Minhyuk shrugged. "Just hurry back." It seem that Minhyuk didn't want to be alone with Yukwon either. It wasn't as harsh as it may sound, but what was this slightly intoxicated man supposed to do alone with the guy he held an undying love for? What kind of conversation were they to have? What the are we gonna talk about? Jesus, I feel like I'm going crazy! Minhyuk sighed softly, before going to pour himself another shot.

Taeil and Jihoon nodded and took their leave. Though, unbeknowst to the odd couple in the kitchen, Taeil and Jihoon were still within ear-shot, and would be able to hear everything. 

"Good job thinking up that plan." Jihoon complemented.

"I'm just curious as to what's gonna happen." Taeil admitted.

"Probably nothing, but it's worth a shot to listen." The tall one shrugged.

"So, how's everything?" Minhyuk finally broke the silence.

"Okay. I can't complain." Yukwon answered, moving to the table to take a seat. "You?"

"Likewise." 

"This is pretty awkward, huh?" Yukwon laughed nervously.

Minhyuk nodded. "I don't know why though, I guess that's just the vibe you give off." He joked.

"What?! I'm not awkward, am I." Yukwon pouted.

"It's okay, we're both awkward."

"The perfect pair, huh?" Yukwon let himself say, but cursed himself afterwards. Why would you even joke like that?! Are you insane?! 

"Beyond perfect." Minhyuk agreed.

In the other room, Taeil and Jihoon where whispered to one another to avoid getting caught.

"It almost hurts to hear this." Taeil hung his head. "They're obviously in love. So, why won't one of them speak up?"

"Yukwon respects his decision, and he's not gonna push Minhyuk into dating him no matter how much he wants to." 

"Okay, but what about Minhyuk? He has the power to put this whole thing in action."

"You can't force the guy to want to be in a relationship. It's gotta happen naturally, Taeilie." Jihoon answered. "Just let them be. They seem to be fine where they are, so please, don't try and change things." And with that, Jihoon disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Taeil to feel bad about the things he said.

Maybe it was better off if he didn't try and mettle with things. Taeil sighed, and finally went back into the kitchen to see the odd couple looking relieved as ever to see them back.

"How's your nose feeling? I meant to ask earlier, but I forgot." Yukwon asked Taeil, still sitting at the table.

"It's throbbing, but it doesn't hurt too bad."

"That's because you're gonna feel all that in the morning." Minhyuk snorted.

"And when he does, I'll take care of my Taeilie, isn't that right?" Jihoon teased and wrapped his arms around the small boy. "I don't want my young one to be in agony." He said dramatically.

"Young one?! But, I'm older than you!" Taeil fussed.

Jihoon only laughed and continued to tease the small boy.

And the night ended with everyone enjoying one another's presence. Taeil wouldn't mind hanging out with them more often. It sure beat hanging out with Jiho and Kyung.

 

---------------------

I DID NOT PROOFREAD *shrugs*

Well, I didn't know to do for this chapter either so I just threw some light Ubomb in there for the heck of it. 

I'm not sure but I think i wanna make Taeilie try and get the two together, but of course have it go horribly wrong.

I don't really plan on starting the real drama (yeah, like taeil taking a punch to the face wasn't drama) until maybe the next chapter or chapter 6.

It's going to get hectic.

Now as for how soon I'm gonna be giving you guys updates i'm not sure.

Some days you might get two updates in one week, and some days you might get one or maybe even none. MAYBE EVEN MORE THAN TWO.

Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying my story. I'm having a lot of fun writing in for you guys and I'm so thankful for those of you who subscribed. 

you guys give me life (n˘v˘•)¬