Chapter 8

The Past

 

“What’s going on here? Who is he?” Seohyun ask Yonghwa, who is hugging someone that look just like him. But, that guy seems weird. Why is he acting like a child even though he look like an adult?

“I’ll explain everything to you” suddenly, Yonghwa’s grandfather appear from nowhere. “Yonghwa, could you leave us alone for a moment.”

 

Mr. Jung take Seohyun to his room, and tell her everything. Seohyun can’t feel anything after she hears about this shocking news. She can’t believe about what she just heard.  

“Can’t I, can’t I see him?” Seohyun ask Mr. Jung after she knows everything. She leave the room and close the door silently. She was shocked to see Yonghwa was standing in front of the door, waiting for her.

“I can…” Yonghwa try to explain to her, but she refuse.

“Where is he?” Seohyun ask him, didn’t bother to hear Yonghwa explanation.

Yonghwa took Seohyun to the living room, where Yongshin is playing with some toys. She walks slowly to Yongshin.

“Could you leave us alone?” Seohyun ask Yonghwa to leace in a husky voice. Yonghwa close the living room, but he didn’t leave. Instead, he stands behind the door. What have I done? He ask himself.

 

Seohyun has been staring at Yongshin for a moment.

“Noona, why are you staring at me? Did you want to eat me?” Yongshin ask her, afraid.

Seohyun eyes start to tears. She start crying after she hears Yongshin’s voice. She can’t believe that Lee Shin still alive. But, he is not the same anymore.

“Noona, why are you crying?” Yongshin panicked. “I’m not a bad kid” Yongshin didn’t know what to do, but usually, when he starts to cry, Yonghwa hyung will hug him. Should I hug her?

“Noona” Yongshin went closer to her and hug her. He start to pat her back gently. But, Seohyun’s cries become louder. She cry loudly at his embrace. Suddenly her mind keep playing about what has Yonghwa’s grandfather told her.

 

Yongshin is Leeshin. He is Yonghwa’s identical twin. Both of them were sent to different place in Korea to avoid competition between them since they were little. But, we always meet during school holidays. That was when I start to know you. Yongshin always talk about a girl name Seohyun. Then, one day, their father, which is my son, decided to bring them to US to teach them about business. But, Yongshin refuse to leave. That’s when the accident happen. After the accident, Yongshin was diagnose with intellectual disability or mental retardation. He is maybe the same as your age, but his mind, his behaviour is as same as a ten year old boy. So, we decided to fake his death. Their father feel guilty about this and went missing after the incident. I told Yonghwa to look for you, for Yongshin. Instead, he fall for you. That’s when I make a huge mistake. I thought that if we could hide Yongshin, all of us will be happy. Every time you come here, we will hide Yongshin at the maid’s place. I’m sorry, Miss Seo Joo Hyun. This is all my fault. Not Yonghwa. Please don’t blame him. Blame me.

 

After finish crying, she wipe her tears and leave Yongshin alone in the living room. She open the door, and she knew that Yonghwa will be waiting at the door.

“Hyun-ah, I….”

“I know it’s not your fault. But, I think, I think…that we need to postpone our wedding” Seohyun said slowly, but loud enough for Yonghwa to hear.

“Andwae” he refuse to.

“I’m in a mess right now. I’m sorry” Seohyun left Yonghwa and leave the house. Yonghwa, who is shocked, lost his strength and fall to the floor. His manly tears falling, as he didn’t expected that this day will come.

 

 

 

A week after the news of their wedding got cancelled, Yonghwa and Seohyun start to go to work as usual. But, nobody dare to ask them the reason for their wedding to be postponed. Taeyeon, notice that Yonghwa and Seohyun didn’t talk to each other as usual. What has happen? All she can remember is, the day before their wedding, Seohyun come back home, crying loudly and she has been lock her door for two days. When she try to ask her, all she said is that she is fine.

 

That weekend, Seohyun decided to meet Yonghwa’s grandfather.

“Halabeoji, can I meet Yongshin and take care of him?” she ask Mr. Jung.

“But….”

“I’ll forgive you and Yonghwa if you let me take care of Yongshin” she said.

“Arasso, you can keep visiting him. But, please, don’t abandon my other grandson.” He plead her.

Without saying anything, she left the room and went straight to find Yongshin.

 

 

 

From that day on, Seohyun has been take care of Yongshin. Yongsin is just like a child. He loves to play. Now, Yongshin feel more comfortable around Seohyun. Seohyun always spent her free time with Yongshin. 

“Noona, actually, I know about you a little.” Yongshin told her, while he is colouring a book that Seohyun just bought for him.

“Really?” Seohyun ask excitedly.

“Hyung always talk to me about me. He said that you are the most beautiful princess in the world.” He said.

Hearing Yonghwa’s name, Seohyun become quiet. It’s been almost a month since they didn’t talk to each other. Even though she always come to their house to play with Yongshin, she never meet Yonghwa. Probably he stay at his apartment with Kyuhyun. She keep thinking about Yonghwa until she didn’t realise that Yongshin has been calling her so many times.

“Noona! Noona!”

“Yongshin, wait a minute” Seohyun stands up to go to washroom to clean her hands from the watercolour. She open the door and was shocked to see Yonghwa was standing there.

Seohyun try to pretend that she didn’t see him, and walks to the toilet calmly, when suddenly Yonghwa grabs her wrist.

“I miss you” He said without looking her.

“How much more time did you need before we could settle our problems, Seohyun-ah?” he continue asking her.

“Until Yongshin become normal aga…..”

“He will not become normal again! There is no cure for his illness! He will forever be like that!” Yonghwa shouted at her, frustrated.

Pang!

Seohyun slap Yonghwa’s cheek.

“How dare you say like that?! It’s your brother!” Seohyun start to cry. “I hope I never meet you. I hope instead of Yongshin, you are the one who has his illness. Why him? Why not you?” Seohyun start to punch Yonghwa’s broad chest. Yonghwa take Seohyun to his embrace and let her cry on his shoulder.

“Mianhe, Hyun-ah. For making everything hard for you. Please, let me start this all over again”

 

 

It’s been almost a week since Seohyun been thinking whether to start his relationship back with Yonghwa. That night, she decided to accept Yonghwa offer for going out to dinner with him.

That night, Yonghwa already prepare a romantic candle light dinner for her at an open-roof restaurant. Seohyun is so beautiful that night, even though she is just wearing a cute mini dress.

“Hyun-ah, what did you want to eat. I’ll everything” Yonghwa smile at her.

“Of course you’re gonna pay. I’m not bringing my wallet tonight” Seohyun try to jokes.

“Yah, Seo Joo Hyun” Yonghwa feel so happy when Seohyun try to joke with him. Does this means that Seohyun is not mad at him anymore?

 

Both Seohyun and Yonghwa already finish with their food. While waiting for their dessert to come, Yonghwa gives Seohyun a hand-written letter.  Carefully, Seohyun read the letter.

 

Dear Seohyun,

 

I know it must be hard for you this past few days. I just want our relationship to come back as usual and we can continue with our wedding. I’m willing to accept everything that you want. Including, about my twin-brother, Yongshin. We can take him with us if you want to. Both of us can take care of him, because I know it is hard for you to forget somebody you use to love with all of your heart and accept someone else. I just hope that you can accept me. I’m really nothing without you. I feel empty. I’ve been living my life like a zombie this few days. Please, come back to me. I promise you, there will be no more tears. I love you.

 

Jung Yong Hwa.

 

After Seohyun finish reading the letter, suddenly a group of musician come near their table and start playing a slow, ballad song. Then, Yonghwa start to kneel down.

“Miss Seo Joo Hyun, will you marry me?” He pull out the ring from his pocket.

Everyone in the restaurant look at them. All of them cheering for Yonghwa.

“Marry him!” “Marry him!” “Marry him!” “Marry him!”

Seohyun stunned and stared at Yonghwa blankly. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So, guys, what do you think Seohyun's answer is? 

Yes? No?

Keep reading! 

I know its been a long time since I update this story. So, I suggest you guys to re-read the whole story! Mianhe!