Chapter 3

The Past

Street food stall

Everything went well for the past whole month. Today, Seohyun, Taeyeon, Baekhyun and Kyuhyun went out for drink as usual. They were enjoying their food and suddenly Kyuhyun’s phone ringing.

“Oh, Yonghwa. Hmmm. Okay, okay. Arasso.” Kyuhyun hang up and put back his phone the table. He sighed.

“Why?” Seohyun ask.

“You know that tomorrow we have to attend our former CEO wedding anniversary, right?” Kyuhyun ask them. All of them nodded.

“Well, the pianist that supposed to perform tomorrow got into an accident and broke her arms. Yonghwa ask me to find someone immediately” he continue.

“Omo, Hyun-ah, you can play piano, right?” Taeyeon look at her.

“Well, it has been a long time since I didn’t play it” she answer. The last she play the piano was when Lee Shin still alive.

“Well, problem solved. Please, Hyun. Please help me this time. I didn’t know how to find other replacement in one night. Please?” Kyuhyun begged her.

“Arasso. But, I only do this because of our former CEO. He help me a lot” Seohyun said.

“But, why did our former CEO pass down his position to his grandson, not to his son? I mean, Jung Yong Hwa’s father?” Baekhyun ask Kyuhyun.

“Well, it’s a long, long, long story” Kyuhyun reply. Of course he know everything, but it is better to keep them as a secret from everyone.

 

JUNG FAMILY MANSION

 

 It was the former CEO wedding anniversary day. Everyone in the company are invited. Seohyun arrived six hours early before anyone else because she need to get prepare for the performance. She drive herself to the mansion using GPS. Once she arrived at the huge mansion, everyone are busy arranging, preparing and cooking for the anniversary party.

“I’m Kang So Ra, Mr Jung personal assistant, and he told me to help you today” said a girl. She bring Seohyun to the ballroom and shows her the stage. There she gives Seohyun the notes that she need to play tonight. She explain everything to Seohyun about what she need to do tonight.

“You can practice this whole evening and if you need anything, you can ask me. I’ll be nearby in this hall.” said the girl before she leaves her.

Seohyun look at the piano sheet and start practicing. She keep on practicing for hours. She wants everything to be perfect. Without her noticing, Yonghwa has been watching her since from the beginning. Seohyun look so beautiful, even though she is only wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. His grandfather always talk about this one girl in the company. About her passion in her works, about her soft personality, a beautiful smile that can melt every man’s heart yet, deep down in her heart, no one know what happen that make her very hard to approach. Now, he understand why his grandfather adore her so much. Only one hour left before the party starts. He need to get ready, and so does Seohyun. Yonghwa call her assistant and whisper something to her.

Everyone already gathered at the mansion to celebrate their former CEO wedding anniversary. Everyone was amazed by Seohyun’s performance. Everyone praised her and she is very stunning in that white night gown, like an angel.

Yonghwa greet all the VIP guest that come to his grandfather party. He see his father and his step-mother are also busy talking to guest. His mother and father had just return from Los Angeles. His father is managing their company there.

Yonghwa went to look for his grandfather. There, he saw he is talking to Seohyun and Taeyeon. He went closer to them.

“Halabeoji, I’ve been looking for you” Yonghwa greet his grandfather.

“Yonghwa-ah, you come just in time. Let me introduce you to my two favourite beautiful ladies, Seohyun-shi and Taeyeon-shi. I know them since they were in universities” he introduce them.

The three of them bow to each other.

“Seohyun-shi, do you like the dress? Our Yonghwa pick the dress himself, special for you” tell halabeoji.

“Yah, halabeoji!” Yonghwa blushing. Both Seohyun and Taeyeon were surprised.

“It’s an honoured. Thank you for this beautiful dress” Seohyun smile at Yonghwa. Yonghwa heart stop beating. Yah, what is this.

Suddenly, the emcee announce that it is the time for dancing. Most of the guest come with their partner since it is anniversary party.

“Excuse me” Seohyun go to stage and once again play the piano. She play a ballad song. Perfect for dancing.

“Isn’t she is a nice girl. Why don’t you try to get to know her” His grandfather tap his shoulder.  Yonghwa just smile at his halabeoji. Maybe, someday.

Most of the female workers are waiting for Yonghwa to ask them to dance together. But, Yonghwa only stay on his seat and his eyes were fixed on Seohyun. Kyuhyun walks towards him.

“Yah, Yonghwa, these girls are waiting for you. Go and pick one” he told him.

“Nope, women are all same. Always want money and fame, and I don't want to dance with that kind of girls” Yonghwa said. After returns from United States, he already stop from being a playboy-type. 

“Well, most of them, but not the one that I like” Kyuhyun answer, smiling. 

“You like someone? Well, who?” ask Yonghwa. He knows that Kyuhyun is a picky-person. Who is that unlucky girl, huh?

“Secret” He winks at Yonghwa. Both of them continue talking and prefer to just watch other people dancing.

It is almost midnight and everyone starting to go back home.  Seohyun and Taeyeon are also get ready to go back home. Yonghwa only watch Seohyun get into her car and disappear in the dark night. Is she an angel or what? He ask his heart.

 

J&J Group Building

 

After taking her lunch, Seohyun decided to take a walk near the office building park. She need to take a fresh air. She walks slowly and then she saw something on a bench. A wallet. Seohyun pick up the wallet. Someone must’ve drop this here, she thought.

I need to give this to the security guard. Someone must be searching for this.

On her way back to the office buiding, Taeyeon call her.

“YAH, HYUN! WE ARE SO DEAD TODAY!” Taeyeon scream as she just pick up the call.

“YAH, STOP SCREAMING! WHY DID YOU CALL ME SUDDENLY?” Seohyun yell at her.

“We have an urgent meeting now. Immediately. Our CEO has turns into tiger once again. He has been yelling at people since lunch break. Hurry up. I hung up first.” Taeyeon inform her.

What’s wrong with this Jung Yong Hwa? Seohyun keep her phone and the wallet that she found just now on her pocket coat. She start running back to the office building.

 

Meeting room

 

“TELL ME, WHO DID THIS???!!!” Yonghwa yell at everyone in the meeting room. Even though the meeting is on the 10th floor, but the entire building can hear his voice.

Some company has steal and copy their plan for the new product. Someone must has sell their not-yet-release product secretly to other company. And, they also lost in getting new site for their new company building at Jeju Island.

“I WILL FIND THE ONE WHO DID THIS AND I WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE, INCLUDING YOUR FAMILY.” Yonghwa warned them.

His halabeoji will not be happy with him after what has just happen. He lost two contracts in a day. Also, his wallet has been missing. He sure he already put his wallet safely on his pocket. The last time he remember his wallet was on his office. Inside the wallet was his mother picture, the only picture that he had because his father has burn all of her picture after they got divorce. Until now, he didn’t know what happen to his mother. 

“NOW I WANT EVERYONE TO GET OUT FROM THIS ROOM!” Yonghwa kick his chair and break a very expensive vase inside the meeting room. The stress form losing two contracts, and his mother's picture make him out of control. 

Everyone hurriedly walk out from the room when suddenly someone accidently bump into Seohyun, and cause her to fall. Her phone and the unknown wallet were also fall to the floor.

Yonghwa walks closer to her and pick up the wallet near her. His wallet. He been searching for it all night. How on earth she has his wallet?

“So, we also got some thief here in our company” Everyone freeze at where they were standing. Seohyun stands up and wants to explain something. But, Yonghwa was faster.

“Miss Seohyun-shi, you think being nice to my grandfather will make me fall in love with you? You think you can easily get into our family. Don’t you know who we are? Look at yourself. You’re not even close to our level“

Seohyun take a deep breath and remain calm. She know that it is better for her to shut up. Calm, Seohyun, calm. 

He don't know whats wrong with him today, but somehow, he hate to see Seohyun's calmness.

“Why you look so calm, you !” Yonghwa yell at her.

Paap!

Everyone in the room shocked. They can't believe their eyes. 

Seohyun slapped the CEO. She slapped him!

Taeyeon can’t even close . Seo Joo Hyun, what have you done??!!

“You!” Yonghwa grabs Seohyun’s hand roughly.

“YONGHWA!!” Someone yell at the door. It was the former CEO. Yonghwa’s grandfather.

“I thought you were mature enough to handle this huge company, but you can’t even deal with this small problems. Now, everyone, leave us alone in this meeting room” order the former CEO.

Everyone leave the meeting room, and now all of their attention goes to Seohyun. Even Kyuhyun don’t believe what had just happen. How did she even has the courage to slap people?

Seohyun runs to the staircase. Her whole body still shivering.

Kyuhyun follow her, and he look the staircase door.  He saw Seohyun and hug her tightly.

Seohyun cry on his arm.

“Kyuhyun-ah, ottoke. I feel so guilty”

“Shhhh. It’s not your fault. Just let your tears out” Kyuhyun rub her back to keep her calm.

 

 THE NEXT DAY

 

The former CEO, Mr Jung Seung Hee, look at Yonghwa and Seohyun who were standing in front of him. He call both of them to his office to discuss about yesterday.

“Miss Seohyun-shi, I believe you didn’t have anyone special in your life right now right?” Mr Jung Seung Hee ask her.

Both of them shock because of his question.

“Halabeoji, what did you mean by that?” Yonghwa ask angrily.

“I want you two to get engaged, by this week. I already arrange everything. Only our close family and friends will be invited.” Mr Jung continue.

“HALABEOJI!” Yonghwa can’t accept the engagement.

“You humiliate our family’s name and you must clear it back. If you want this CEO position, you must accept it” he continue.

Yonghwa feel so mad with his grandfather. He look and Seohyun and whisper at her ear.

“Your plan to marry rich guy is working, I guess, huh?” and he walk out from the room, leaving the two of them in the room.

“Miss Seohyun, I never ask you to do anything for me, but I begged you, only this time, please, accept him and change him to become better. I beg you” Mr Jung Seung Hee know Seohyun very well since she was a student. He always help Seohyun and her course mates few years ago.

 Seohyun stuck in the middle. Without Mr. Jung’s help, she will become nothing. She really wants to repay his deeds, but to get engaged with Yonghwa, is difficult for her.

“Please, Seohyun-shi. I know only you can make him change. Become his fiancee, doesn't means you have to marry him later”

 

THAT NIGHT

SEOHYUN AND TIFFANY’S HOUSE

“What are you going to do, Hyun?” Taeyeon ask her. She know Seohyun is so miserable now. She didn’t even eat anything today.

“Every time I see him, I see Lee Shin. How do you expect me to face him every day? Become his fiancée? Not in million years, Taeyeon-ah” Seohyun cried on her shoulder.

“Hyun, just think like this. Making Yonghwa smile means you also make Lee Shin smile” suggest Taeyeon.

“It’s not that easy” she answer.

“Yah, Hyun, you think Lee Shin will be happy if he see your condition like this?” Taeyeon hold Seohyun’s hands. “It’s time for you to start a new chapter in your life” she finish her words and leave her alone in the living room.

Ottoke, omma. Ottoke, Lee Shin. Seohyun ask herself.

 

Meanwhile, at Kyuhyun’s condominium, Yonghwa keep on sighing on the couch. He told everything about the engagement thingy to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun seems a bit worried.

“If you don’t like her, you don't have to do this. You can find other woman that you like and bring her to meet your family, then, you can marry her. Simple. Problem solved” He suggest to Yonghwa. Actually, he didn’t want Seohyun, a girl that he waits for long, fall into Yonghwa’s hand. He know Yonghwa well, and he know Seohyun will not be happy with him.

 “No. If this what halabeoji wants, then I’ll do it. But I’m gonna ruin that girl’s life” Yonghwa seems so determine.

“That girl is Seohyun and she is a nice girl, Yonghwa-ah” Kyuhyun can’t keep his anger anymore. He pull Yonghwa’s shirt collar, close to him.

“Yah, why are you so mad? It is not your problem” Yonghwa push Kyuhyun body. He take his car key on the table and slam the house door.

Kyuhyun sit on the couch and rub his face.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hye everyone! Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it. 
I will try my best to make this story more interesting! \(^-^)/