Chapter 1

The Past

The J&J Group

1st floor office

 

Seohyun is busy finishing her works because tonight all of the company workers must attend their CEO farewell party. The current CEO will pass his position to his only son, whom just come back from New York.

“Yah, Hyun, did you already heard the rumors?” ask Taeyeon. Taeyeon is her best friend since they were little. They were neighbours until Seohyun’s parents passed away, and now they are living together at Seoul.

“About what?” ask her, still busy typing something on her laptop.

“Our new CEO is still single” said Taeyeon and she winks at her.

“Yah, are you crazy? What are you going to do with Baekhyun?” said Seohyun. Taeyeon and Baekhyun officially become a couple two years ago as soon as they started working together at The J&J Group. Since then, Seohyun always had dinner alone at home.

“I’m not talking about me, you bastard. I’m thinking about you. Since you reject Kyuhyun, our boss, I guess you have a really high taste, maybe like the CEO?”

“What? Are you crazy? He is our CEO, you know? C.E.O! Impossible.” she replied. Kyuhyun, their boss has showed interest in her since they started working there. But, she respect him as a boss and not more than that.

“Impossible? Or……. you still can’t move on from your past?” guess Taeyeon.

Seohyun stopped typing. It has been a long time since both of them talking about it. Suddenly, it become silent between the two of them. Taeyeon can’t bear it anymore. She needs to help her friend to forget the past. Suddenly, she took Seohyun’s handbag and took out her iphone.

“Look, your phone wallpaper. The picture of you and Lee Shin. Really? I mean, he has already dead. You must accept the reality. Move on. Until when you keep rejecting all the man that come to your life? Crying every night. Thinking about him all the time. Do you think he will be happy if he see you like this?” Taeyeon let out all of her anger.

“Yah, stop it” shout Seohyun. She took her iphone back from Taeyeon’s hands, and start to run to the washroom. There, she cries silently. It is true that every night she keep dreaming about Lee Shin. Until now, she keep using the picture of her with him as her phone wallpaper. She keep staring at her phone.

 

**FLASBACK**

Eight years ago

“Hyunnnn~~~~” shout Lee Shin. He hugged her from the back, which made Seohyun screamed.
“Yah, what are you doing?” she was actually shocked even though this is not the first time.
“I just got my first salary from my part time job. Yahoo” he shouted loudly, then he continue again “Yah, let’s go out and eat anything you want today, because……”
“Because?” she ask, but he didn’t finish it.
“Well, really? Anything I want?” Seohyun smile widely at Lee Shin. That moment, he can feel his heart beat faster. Yes, he already fall in love with her, Seohyun. Today is her birthday, but she seems like didn’t remember it. He decided to confess his love today.
“Well, let me ask Taeyeon if she is free or not today. You ask Minhyuk too.” Said Seohyun which make Lee Shin’s face turns cloudy. But….. I should plan something with Minhyuk and Taeyeon.
 

After the school ended, Seohyun, Lee Shin, Taeyeon together with Minhyuk went out to celebrate Lee Shin first salary. They were busy walking and talking until they reach the bus stand.
“Where are we going, btw? I want to eat western food today.” Said Minhyuk.
“No, I want to eat grilled pork” said Taeyeon. “Lee Shin?” ask her again.
“I want to eat what Seohyun wants to eat” he replied. Seohyun blushed suddenly. Oopsss, what the hell am I saying, paboo…
“Eeeyy, what happen here?” said Minhyuk. That time, Lee Shin is giving some signal to Minhyuk.
“Arkkk, my stomach hurts. Help me” Minhyuk shout.
“Yah, just go home already, Minhyuk-ah” said Taeyeon coldly.
“Yah, help me Taeyeon-ah” said Minhyuk again, giving signal to Taeyeon by kicking her feet. But, Taeyeon seems like she forget their plan. He pinched her one more time, and luckily, Taeyeon finally remember something.
“Ahhhh, your stomach hurts? Okay, I’ll help you. Let’s go to the clinic first” Taeyeon started to act.
“Are you alright? Yah, let me help you” said Lee Shin, also acting.
“No, no. I want Taeyeon to help me. Go out with Seohyun first. We’ll come later” Minhyuk replied quickly.
“Yah, the bus already come. Go first. Just text us the place later” said Taeyeon and she pushed both of them into the bus.
“Well, okay then. We wait for you guys at there.” Said Seohyun.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“They fooled us. I should kick and punch them later” said Seohyun. After they finish eating, they decided to take a night walk at the nearest park.
Well, at least I should thank them. Lee Shin whisper to himself.
“Hyun, are you cold?” ask Lee Shin. He took his scarf and put it around Seohyun’s neck.
“Yah, you didn’t have to do this. Komawo” said Seohyun. She felt so cold actually since its winter.
“Hyun~” he stop walking.
“Hmmmm?” she is also stop walking.

He took a deep breath. He know that after he confess his feelings, things will not be the same anymore. He holds her hands.
“First, saeng-il chukha hamnida”
“Omo, I forgot today is my birthday. Aigooo” said Seohyun, smiling. “Komawo, Lee Shin. That’s why you treat me to dinner today.”
“Nope, the reasons why I treat you today is because, I want to give you this” He took out something from his pocket, and take her hands. He put something around it. A silver bracelet.
“Yah, isn’t its expensive?!! Yah, where did you get all the money? Did you use up all your first salary on this?” ask Seohyun, shocked. Lee Shin just smile.
“Yah, why did….”
“I like you, Hyun-ah” Lee Shin said before Seohyun finish her question.
“Will you be my girlfriend?” he continue.
She don’t know what to do at this kind of situations. This is not the first time she received love confessions, but before, she always rejected all of them. Why? Because her heart already stuck with her best friend, Lee Shin. Lee Shin is the person that always will be beside her whenever she need someone. Especially during she lost her parents two years ago. Lee Shin lends his shoulders for her to cry and during that moment, she knew that she already fallen with him. Now, she knows that it is not one-sided love.

“Hyun?”

“Lee Shin-ah………”

“Well, you didn’t have to give your answers now. Hahaha.” Lee Shin laughed as he afraid that Seohyun will reject him. Well, everyone in the school know that Seohyun is a very excellent student and didn’t have interest in boys.

Sudddenly, Seohyun has an idea.

“Lee Shin-ah, I will tell you my answer, but I will tell you during the first day of snow. When the first snow falling, come to this park. I’ll wait for you, together with the answer.”

“Well, if you accept me, I want you to wear the bracelet that I just give you. If you don’t,…… you can give it back to me that time” he said, and she just nodded.

“Well, it’s a promise then” said Lee Shin.

“Promise” she said, with a smile that can melt everyone heart.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Seohyun and Taeyeon are busy finishing their reports at the library so that they can enjoy their winter holiday with their classmates later. Tomorrow they will start their winter holiday, and they are planning to go to a camp trip with the whole classmates.

“Yahhhh, Hyun, look at the windows. First snow. Yahhhhhhhhhhhh” Taeyeon was very excited, like a small kid.
 “Finally, Taeyeon-ah, I’ll go back first. Got some thing to do” she said and start to clean up her table.
“Well, guess, I’ll going home alone today. Oh well” she mumbling herself.

It has been an hour. But, she still waits patiently. She look at the bracelet that Lee Shin gave her. Today, she will tell him her true feelings. She wears the bracelet, and smiling, alone. She look at the beautiful sky, where the snow is falling.

It becomes darker and darker. Seohyun look at her watch. It’s already 8pm. If it’s too late, her aunt will become worried. Every five minutes she keep checking on her phone. Ten minutes later, it died due to low battery.

I better go back home now. Well, I guess he forget our promise. Stupid Lee Shin. She took a bus, and she cries silently at the back seat of the bus.  After she reached home, she change her clothes, pack her clothes for tomorrow camp’s trip, and went to sleep. She throw the bracelet and her phone onto the bed. She didn’t want to turn on her phone because she didn’t wants to hear any excuse from him. She was angry and at the same time, sad.

That morning, she get ready for her trips and brings her bag downstairs.
“Good morning, Hyun-ah.” Her aunt greet her.
“Good morning” she replied.
“Oh, Hyun-ah, last night Taeyeon call our home many times. She said that she needs to tell you something important. But, when I go to your room, you were sleeping.”
“Oh, it’s okay. I’ll ask her later” said Seohyun and start eating her breakfast.

Kring. Kring. The door bell ringing.

“Well, that was quick. I thinks its her. Goodbye, aunt. See you in three days later” she said and kiss her aunt. She opened the door, and she saw Taeyeon was standing there, wearing a formal dress, black dress.

“Yah, why you’re not getting ready for the trips?” she asked.
“What trips, Hyun-ah?” Taeyeon said. Her eyes start tearing.
“Yah, what happen?” She starting to get panic as Taeyeon start to cry.
“You, don’t know what happen? WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?!!” she shout at Seohyun.
“Yah, why are you shouting at me?” Seohyun was very shocked. This is the first time that her best friend mad at her.
“Lee Shin…..” she can’t finish her words.
“Why?” Seohyun become angry when she heard Lee Shin’s name.
“He passed away”
“Haha, so funny” she replied coldly.
“A car accidently bumped into him while he was trying to save a young boy. He passed away last night. I’ll try to call your phone, but all of them went to your mailbox. I called your aunt’s house phone many times, but she said you were already sleep. He passed away already”

Paaap! Seohyun slapped her.

“Go to hell with your jokes” Seohyun keep on slapping her friend’s cheeks, then suddenly she started to cry.

“Slap me as much as you wants, but it is the reality you have to accept Hyun”

Seohyun stopped slapping her, and hugged her tightly.

“Taeyeon……….” She cried loudly at her shoulders.

**END OF FLASBACK**

 

She fixed her make-up and return to her desk. There, she see Taeyeon is still waiting for her.
“Are you finish crying? Come, let’s head back home and get ready for tonight.”
Seohyun keep on silent.
“Hey, come on. I promise not going to say anything about this again, okay?” Taeyeon make a cute face.
“Well, you promise, right? Okay then.” Seohyun reply.
“Aigooo, you look so ugly when you cry, you know?” Taeyeon said, jokingly.
“Well, at least this ugly face that melts our boss heart, okay?” Seohyun said proudly.
“Aigooooo” Both of them laugh and start to walk out of the office. 

 

Hilton Hotel

That night, both of them look so stunning. They reach the hotel as written in the invitation card. Baekhyun and Taeyeon walk together to the hotel ballroom hall. It is so elegance and huge. As expected from a very huge company in Korea, the farewell party should be grand. The three of them decided to sit at the table number 12 near the food table so it will become easier for them to take the food. As they were busy chatting and eating, suddenly, their boss, Kyuhyun comes to their table.

“Mr Cho” all of them that are sitting at table 12 stand up and bow at their boss.
“Sit down, and continue eating” he smile at them, then took the seat beside Seohyun.
“Good evening, my pretty Hyun.” said Khyuhyun as he was stunned by her look tonight. Seohyun who was almost that time, almost got chocked. She drinks her water quickly, but somehow, she spill the water on her dress.
“Omo, I’m so sorry” said Khyuhyun. “I didn’t mean to…”
“No, it’s okay, Mr. Cho. Excuse me for a while” Seohyun stands up and go to the washroom.

Seohyun wash the dirty on her dress. Then, she fix her hair and make-up before he enter the ballroom hall again. On her way, she can see someone is smoking at the hallway. She can’t see his face clearly. She decided to walk closer towards him.

“Excuse me sir, but you can’t smoke at this area” Seohyun touch his shoulder softly.

“Who are you to warn me not to smoke here?” he said coldly and turns his face. Mad because somebody is ruining his leisure moment.

As soon as the man turns his face, Seohyun could feel like the time has stop for a moment. She froze at where she is standing right now. How can this be?

“Hello, miss? I don’t ask people two times, but who are you to warn me not to smoke here?” that guy ask again.

“Don’t you know who I am?” he continue asking again.

“I’m so..soo…sorry” she bow a few times before she starts running away from him. Seohyun could feel her tears are falling heavily. She runs to the park near the hotel. She sit at a bench, and there, she cry and cry.

 

At the ballroom hall, the current CEO is giving his farewell speech and everyone are sad because he was a very good leader and always think about his employees.

Taeyeon look at Seohyun seat, but she still didn’t come back from the toilet.
“Baekhyun-ah, what took her so long at the toilet?” ask Taeyeon as she is worry about her friend.
“I’m sure she is fine. Look, the new CEO is going to introduce himself” said Baekhyun.

The former CEO has officially retired. Now, the new CEO is going up on the stage to introduce himself.

“Good evening everyone. I’m Jung Yong Hwa, your new and young CEO”

That moment, Taeyeon and Baekhyun are looking at each other.

“Oh my god” they said at the same time.

Now, they know why Seohyun disappeared suddenly. She must had bumped into him outside. Even though Baekhyun never meet Lee Shin, but he knows all the stories from Taeyeon. And he has seen all of their pictures during high school.

Jung Yong Hwa and Lee Shin have exactly the same faces. It can’t be deny. 

 

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hye everyone. Do comment about my new story, and sorry for the broken English. I'll try my best to write at least one chapther everyday since its my sem break now. Yeay! I'll try to improve myself in the future.